OtakuBoards

Resident Evil Games for GC

Xyandar

Hey I am thinking of buying Resident Evil Zero and Resident Evil 1 for Gamecube. I have read thereviews and stuff but I would like to know for anyone who has played or owns them, are they good games? Are they worth the buy? and how are the Controls?

I think the original Resident Evil on GC is worth the time. It looks great and has enough changes over the original on Playstation that I enjoyed it. Zero was okay, but I wasn't too into it. Its story is even more goofy and it just really isn't scary.

The controls are still like they were on Playstation. Nothing has really changed.

[size=1][COLOR=darkred]I agree with Semjaza. . the original was well worth the $50 that I payed for it, and now that it has dropped well down in price, it is just that much better of a deal. I really didn't play it much on the Playstation, so it was still a brand new game when I played it on the GAMECUBE. There were a few puzzles that kept me guessing for some time, something that is rare for me in video games ^_^

The controls from everything that I remember are good. Nothing really too complex to have to master. . some of the camera angles are a bit tricky, but nothing too rough to get the hang of. [/size][/COLOR]

[color=#707875]Frankly, I was amazed by RE on GameCube. I haven't played in a long time, but it's an absolutely amazing game. Resident Evil was always my favourite (in other words, the first game in the series was always my favourite) and RE on GameCube really pushes it in some fantastic directions.

In particular, I think it's [i]better[/i] if you've played the original PlayStation version. The game deliberately plays around with your memory of the previous version of the game...and that's a really cool aspect to the remake. That's not to mention the absolutely insane graphics; still one of the most beautiful games in existence, in my view.

The atmosphere is generally a lot better and everything feels very dark and moody, much moreso than the original on PlayStation.

So I'd definitely recommend it for any RE fan.

I haven't played RE Zero...so I can't comment on that. I'm definitely looking forward to RE4 though. ~_^[/color]

I think the remake on GameCube is really worth it only if you can deal with the controls and camera angles.

I rented the game quite a while ago because I'd heard that the game was pretty different from the original game. I played it through, but it still didn't manage to really get me interested in the series at all - I'm just not a fan of Resident Evil, heh.

I will admit, though, that the game really is spectaculary beautiful. Easily one of the best looking games on any console, not just on the GameCube. The atomsphere is really top-notch, as well, since there are lots of little touches that add the the creepy aesthetic of the game.

As Tony mentioned, the controls are still the same as any other RE game, which pretty much turns me off the most. I don't really have the patience to deal with the controls - but if you do have the patience to deal with them, then by all means buy the game because you most likely won't be disappointed.

Really now? I never noticed that before, heh. I guess it pays to read the instructions lol.

If the Type C controls really do help that much, then I would suggest getting Resident Evil that much more, since the controls are such a big issue with me.

I enjoyed the Resident Evil remake but Resident Evil Zero disappointed me greatly. Despite the amazing visuals and intriguing cooperative gameplay structure, it just wasn't very exciting.

I actually progressed pretty far into the game and enjoyed myself despite the familiar out-of-place puzzle sequences and the series' signature menial tasks. But, the second I found a crank (after pushing crates around), I hit the power button, placed the game back into its case and traded it in. lol

I just couldn't stand the lack of originality. Obviously, the puzzles weren't a revolutionary step for the series at all. Much of the time I was performing the same tasks I've been doing for years in these games. The only exception being, I would have to send items to my partner on a different floor once we became seperated.

Honestly, despite the original Resident Evil being a remake on the GameCube, it offered more original ideas than Zero did. Especially involving the zombie characters.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I recently bought Resident Evil Zero and it is VERY confusing! I didnt get far at all and already have not played it in days. The thinking in this game is intense... The Type im not set for yet:P I will get to it soon but school comes first with my brain. I tried to get RE 1 but I NOONE had it anywhere.

Something I found quite funny is that a memory card for the GC costed WAY more than the game itself. The game was 25 dollars and the memory card was 37.99 for just a little square.... unbelievable!

Nintendo has discontinued the gray 59 card. The black 251 is the standard now and it goes for $20 at the max. Of course, that's US currency lol.

I personally own that Interact 16 MB card... it has like 3,000 blocks or something and has yet to fail me.

lol I got the black card.. I just asked for a memory card and they pulled it out and told me the price. Didnt get the details lol. Oh well my mom paid for the card and I bought the game so it al works out with good persuasion lol. Well if it was 20 in US its true that it would equal close to 35 in Canada because of the currency changes. I'm happy in the end though:)