OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy Tactics

Zidargh

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I love FFt, heh some battles gave me trouble, like...um...pretty much any time I fought in Finath River (GAH! chocobos), but anyway Algus eh?...his auto-potion can be a real pain >=(, if u can take out the knights and wizards right around him and surround him it'll go a lot faster...yeah take him out and that'll be the end of chapter 1, you get to sit through the excrutiatingly slow text part =\

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]there were quite a few very tedious battles in the game, like the one against gafgarion at the execution site, and the one at the castle where on one side it is just ramza and gafgarion, and then there are those damn boss battles.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Ahhh my favorite battle ever.

You have ramza as a monk... get him to the top of the wall thing. Get a "Red Fireball Casting Chocobo" to stand right in front of the gate type thing and let him cast choco meteor....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[B]

Ahhh my favorite battle ever.

You have ramza as a monk... get him to the top of the wall thing. Get a "Red Fireball Casting Chocobo" to stand right in front of the gate type thing and let him cast choco meteor.... [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah, but gafgarion will probably kill ramza before any serious damage is done since he has long range attacks, and they take quite a lot outta you too....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]there were quite a few very tedious battles in the game, like the one against gafgarion at the execution site, and the one at the castle where on one side it is just ramza and gafgarion, and then there are those damn boss battles.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]have all your characters achers... then get all but ramza to have teleport :) teleport all of the archers up and start firing at the boss guy :)... really ez that way... then to take care of the other guys down below... shower then w/ arrows :), just save one to live till you can pick up all there "skills"[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Gafgarion's easy, all you need to do is steal his sword (or break it if all else fails) and he won't be able to use night sword. This tactic works against all holy and divine knights as well, since they need their sword to do their skills. Does squat against arc knights though so ::shrugs::. If you take away gaffy's sword in the lionel battle, you can open the gate and help your party against those summoners, blargh!

Yeah that's a kind of vague question, I can only give u some general ones, like always check the AT before u do a move like a spell or anything that isn't instant, that way you can see if the enemy has a chance to move out of the way first. ALso checking the AT is always great so you can plan out your attacks, ganging up on one enemy before they have a chance to heal. Don't finish battles quickly if u don't have to either, get some JP and exp by throwing stones or attacking/healing your own guys.

get your chars leveled up high.

Get accumlate and gain jp up

always master a class and be level 8 in it before you go on to another one.

Getting levl 8 in every class isn't worth it if you're just using them as a stepping stone. You won't need a lv8 archer because they become obsolete after ch. 1 gradually, and having a maxed out oracle isn't that threatening, heh. You just need to learn useful skills, and then stay as that class until you can upgrade AND buy equipment. For instance after the first battle in the game, you can turn most of your guys into knights, but you won't be able to buy them good weapons or armor until you get to Igros, so you'll be at a disadvantage. Don't make your guy a samurai if you can't buy samurai swords yet!

Try this.... Combine your Chemist with your Ninja.... Use the Throw Item abillity which can be learned by the Chemist and equip it on your Ninja.... Use your Ninja and position him at the tallest\highest place on the battlefield.... He can throw items at your (Party) with ease.... While you're at it, try equipping Arrow Guard and he's virtually unstoppable.... Watch out for Wizards and Summoners....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[B]get your chars leveled up high.
[/B][/QUOTE]

I realized while playing the game, the monsters level up as you(Ramza) do. Like Mandalia Plains that's just outside Igros, When my Ramza at Level 19... The Monsters Levels are also 19, some 18 but they'll level up during the battle. my tip is to level up your other chars. If you're leveling up a Wizard or a Priest ETC (magic user) You can make them attack their allies. Please note that the attack strenght of these guys are weak and they'll still get EXP and JP.

You can learn 2-swords from the ninja class for 900jp I think, lets you hold 2 weapons and therefore attack twice, very awesome when you put it on a knight or samurai (ninja blades are weaker). Also the Samurai can learn 2-hands, which makes you hold 1 weapon with...duh both hands, heh makes it a lot stronger ::shrugs::. If you just press select in the menu it'll tell you what EVERYthing does btw.

If you're still in the beginning of the game, I suggest you get yourself a monk or two. They don't use any weapons are they're fairly strong. Master them and you're virtually indestructable (counter and hamedo). Hamedo will make your char attack the enemy before s\he gets the chance to strike... and the best part is, after you 'Hamedo' the enemy, the enemy doesn't attack back. For your Ninja, the skill Abandon is very useful (raise evade percentage) once, during a battle, My Ninja was flanked on one side of the map while the others were on the other side. With Abandon, he evaded 2 Archers and 2 knights and barely escape from a Wizard.

In the beginning, its smart to give your magic users basic skills, especially accumulate, and gained JP up, so you can get as much magic as you can as quick as possible. And with the migic guys, dont just concentrate on armor which gives them HP, but look for MP aswell, its quite important. And when using a theif, steal heart is very useful in the beginning with a female char, as alot of your opponents with real power are man, and many are easily controled with charm.

I found one of the best jp/exp-gaining techniques was monk+time mage, either having one of your characters able to use both, or having a monk around your other character using time magic. Simply have them use haste on themself every turn, and use Chakra to regain lost mp. That's how I got Cloud up to higher levels....fairly quickly, helps since his speed is horrible as a soldier, plus having your whole party with haste makes any battle a LOT easier...unless u're poisoned or something, heh.

If you mean the treasures you get from Propositions then no, they're just key items that increase your treasure hunting rank. If u send along the right job classes you'll gain more JP btw, like....if it's to defeat some villain, a knight will get you more jp. Some are obvious like when they say they need a good healer, or a math tutor, etc. Some are more vague, like when they say they need to explore a sunken ship, a geomancer will practically guarantee a crapload of JP =P. That's all they're good for tho, and you should always do the propositions in towns that are right next to another town, that way you can go back and forth making the days pass by, w/o having to deal w/ random battles. Too bad you can't send non-special characters like Cloud along tho =\.