OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy Tactics

Zidargh

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, wizards and archers are a major pain in the butt. A good strategy to defeat wizards is to have a wizard (if you have one) cast spells on other wizards, or a squire attack the wizards at close range. In short, give them a taste of their own medicine. It would also help to have a chemist with the phoenix down ability, because the combo of spells and arrows is going to kill your units if they aren't healed regularly. If you survive long enough, the wizards will have their MP drained out. Take the opportunity to cancel any attacks you have placed on the wizards and instead attack other units. The wizards usually only do around 8 points of physical damage. With this strategy you should have those suckers licked.

Well I had problems with them too, this is how I beat them.

I like time mages many people dont but if you use them right there awesome. If you have one, cast thingsl ikem ute or slow on them then take them down slowly with an archer.

or

Just have your characters rush the mages. This is a wild and dangerous tactic but it works for me if you do it tright. most of the time you get lucky and they will hit some of their own guys with their attacks. If you hit them in the back with your main character, in the early stages, you can drop them with one blow.

or You can fight wizard to wizard but the previous tactic work best for me.

You're most likely in the Dorter Trade City battle, the hardest of the first few fights I guess. You should equip delita & algus with long range stuff such as a crossbow or throw-stone ability, because they ALWAYS go for the archer nearest to your party (high up there). Your first concern should be the wizards, because their spells can do around...30 I think to a group of people, if u get hit by an arrow it's not too hard to heal, just need a potion. But 1 spell can weaken your guys enough that the arrows and knights can pick them off, and 2 spells can usually kill ur group. Just concentrate on spreading out and letting the bozo wizards come to u, and then just pick them off one by one, you should probably save the knight for last since he has a shield and counter ability. Having lots of people w/ the item skill is good for potions and phoenix downs. Delita w/ item is usually really helpful, and he'll use a potion or phoenix down if you need it, but Algus is a bastard and usually gets himself get killed, on big loss.

[COLOR=indigo]I had absoultey no problem with this battle. I was like level 70.

Seeing as how the enemies level up as you do, level up a bit and make sure EVERYONE on your party has mastered the Squire class and if yoy change them out of squire make sure there secondary ability is Basic Skill, accumlate(sp?) is the most usefull move in the game.

or just bunch your characters around the enemies, so the wizards attack their on party. [/COLOR]

ok i guess i need work, i have yet to master the fighting in that game. im too used to games like the other final fantasies and xenogears. i mean it took me a long time to figure out the battle system in chrono cross. but yo ill work on this game. thanx for the help.
one

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[B][COLOR=indigo]I had absoultey no problem with this battle. I was like level 70.
[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

How the hell did you get that high in only 6 levels? You must have used something like a gameshark or something.

Sephiroths thing with archers work well but I never liked using archers much. I think I had one in that battle. 1 knight, 1 archer, 1 Wizard, 1 Chemist, Ramza, Delita , maybe algus too can not remember. I sent my Archer with Delita (or Algus) up the Raised area and had Ramza and the Knight charge forward. I sent the Wizard and Chemist right behind them to Kee everyone healed. I used the wizard to attak the knights and other wizards. I took out other archers with my Archer. I by passed that one bad knight and went ahead an killed the wizard. Then me and my knight took out the bad night while my wizard and Archer took out the remaining wizard.

It was hard the first time I played the level but after you figure out how to use the abilities to your advantage you can do pretty well.

Never underestimate the enemy.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Amphion [/i]
[B]

How the hell did you get that high in only 6 levels? You must have used something like a gameshark or something.

[/B][/QUOTE]

no, I think cloud thought you were talking about a different battle, or maybe he did use a game shark, does it really matter :p

[size=1][color=royalblue]Yes, it has been forever, but no, i didn't use a gameshark... leveling in random battles, it's easy! - [b]Tasis/Cloud[/b][/color][/size]

• 5 months later...
[color=red] Well, I recently bought FFT finally, since it was only a cheap $15. Well, it has been very challenging thus far, and I have had many problems, but I made it through most of them. What I need help on is when you have to battle Weigraf at Riovanes (I think that's what it's called...) Castle. You can only use the main character, which I named Gurthang of course...anyways, Gurthang (the main character) is at lv. 36, and Weigraf's only at lv. 26, but I can't beat him. He uses that lightning stab attack, which does 140 damage, and kills Gurthang in about 3 hits. Does anyone remember how they beat him, or have any tips or anything, because I really could use them. Thanks in advance.[/color]

All I can really help you with is get used to it... it's going to happen lots more in the game... anyway, try leveling up to get your HP higher and then take a stab at it... I'll try to call up my friend and see if we can help ya out farther... good luck!

Proclaimed by many people as the hardest battle in all of FFT. Well it is.
The first part has Ramza fight Wiegraf all by himself, and the Holy Sword
attacks from him will cause major damage to Ramza and also may be effected by
the status anomalies caused by the Holy Sword attacks. The best thing to do
is to get rid of all your potions (leave the hi and X potions) and equip
Ramza with the Auto Potion chemist reaction ability. This will allow Ramza
to heal himself and be able to attack Wiegraf. If you don?t have the Auto
Potion ability, you must balance out your healing and offense, but you won?t
be able to attack Wiegraf if you used a potion. The best class for Ramza to
be in this battle is a ninja. Since a ninja can attack with two weapons,
he?ll do a lot of damage to the 300 HP Wiegraf. Buy some assassin knives
from the nearby Yardow Fort City. I?ve killed Wiegraf in two turns with the
Ninja Ramza. If you are able to take out Wiegraf, he changes into Velius,
another Zodiac Monster. He will be backed up by 3 Archaic Demons. The
Archaic Demons are very powerful with their spells and can cause a big amount
of damage to a large area. Velius can petrify your characters and likes to
use Cyclops, a spell that does around 250 HP of damage, with a good range,
but luckily, a long charge time. The easiest way to win this part of the
battle is to concentrate all your attacks on Velius. He has around 900 to
1000 HP so have some big attackers in your squad

Good luck:)

I had the same problem. I got to him and did not really have any good abilities to use against him except YELL. I just ran from him and used yell as much as I could, then Finally started to fight him. I can not remember what level I was at but you should be high enough to beat him. Although it will be a struggle. I think Ramza was a monk when I beat him. No doupt its hard. Just keep trying the YELL thing. I think thats your only choice besides starting over. It may take several tries but you will eventually get it.

And like Valen said. Get used to it. It will happen alot more.

Auto-potion is good for that battle, but if u saved before...er...like u did then that's not really an option. Two swords is kinda hard to pull off too, as Wiegraf has a shield and built-in counter that does a good 80 damage. I found it a lot easier to chip away at him w/ either the geomancer's Elemental, or the monk's Earth Slash. Both of these moves have a longer range than Lightning Stab. If you just remember that L. Stab has a distance of....3 I think, and that it hits 4 squares, you can always stay just out of reach and keep attacking him. U'll need a high movement if you want to use this tactic tho, 5 or 6, and high speed too. As for Velius your best bet is to just take him out first. If you try to spread out and kill the archaic demons too u're just going to get overwhelmed. Velius always casts cyclops on his first turn, so make sure you check the AT so that when it hits whoever it targeted, ur other characters aren't demolished too. It's definately one of the hardest battles in the game, also later on in Ch. 4 the battle at Limberry is a giant pain, if u want to steal a lot of good stuff anyway.