ZF SSA Goten Posted October 15, 2001 Posted October 15, 2001 please put the [img] code back on so people can post images in thier messages and have them show up. that was half the fun on the old otakuboards. I think we are all mature enough not to post spam and/or porn and/or other things. I would really want it back, and i know others would too.
Guest Master O Beans Posted October 15, 2001 Posted October 15, 2001 Hmm, although I wasn't here for that, it sure does sound like a good idea!!
Transtic Nerve Posted October 15, 2001 Posted October 15, 2001 I would like it back to but the simple fact is.... spammers use it to post these huge images that eat up your resources and they post 20 or 30 of them... we had to deal with them before when we turned it back on in the beggining.... the only way to stop that is to take the image code off.... if you need to show someone an image, you can post a link to it.
*GaLxY-GiRl* Posted October 15, 2001 Posted October 15, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ZF SSA Goten [/i]I think we are [b]all[/b] mature enough not to post spam and/or porn and/or other things.[/QUOTE] [color=red]I disagree......[/color]
BabyGirl Posted October 15, 2001 Posted October 15, 2001 [color=deeppink]I think we would all like to have img code back, and it's a good suggestion, but it can't work for obvious reasons. Believe me, people take advantage of those types of things...and I agree with Galxy-Girl's disagreement :D[/color]
ZF SSA Goten Posted October 15, 2001 Author Posted October 15, 2001 well, couldn't you make it like the attachment so u can only post like 7 images per post and they can only 1.5 megs or less?
ZF SSA Goten Posted October 15, 2001 Author Posted October 15, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by *GaLxY-GiRl* [/i] [B] [color=red]I disagree......[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] excuse me, [i]most[/i] of us. there are the few who don't take this board as a privilage. like i do. :D
Will2x Posted October 15, 2001 Posted October 15, 2001 galaxy girl one time told me in a im that we are ALL immature O_O
Transtic Nerve Posted October 15, 2001 Posted October 15, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ZF SSA Goten [/i] [B]well, couldn't you make it like the attachment so u can only post like 7 images per post and they can only 1.5 megs or less? [/B][/QUOTE] No, you can't... thats the whole point.... like I said... if you need an image posted, post a link... or do an attachment.... you really don't need an image code.
*GaLxY-GiRl* Posted October 15, 2001 Posted October 15, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ZF SSA Goten [/i] [B]there are the few who don't take this board as a privilage. like i do. :D [/B][/QUOTE] [color=red]Isn't that cute:love:![/color] [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Will2x [/i] [B]galaxy girl one time told me in a im that we are ALL immature O_O [/B][/QUOTE] [color=red]......And....your....point....is....? I still hold that opinion; but, ask anybody.....my "back-up" statements can take hours to recite:rolleyes:{that means...don't ask me to explain why I think [b]everyone[/b](myself, included) is immature.} PS: As for IM qouting....I wouldn't go there if I were you. O.X[/color]
Justin Posted October 15, 2001 Posted October 15, 2001 Bah...I don't think we need one. If you want to post a picture put an attachment onto your post... -Justin
Warlock Posted October 15, 2001 Posted October 15, 2001 I agree we shouldn't post images in our posts, but I'd [i]really[/i] like to put a banner in my sig though...
Justin Posted October 15, 2001 Posted October 15, 2001 That would be about the only thing the image code would be good for... -Justin
James Posted October 15, 2001 Posted October 15, 2001 [color=orangered][size=1]Yeah, TN's correct here. We did have the IMG code when we first launched the boards. However, spammers were using it to cram the boards full of huge images...and it was causing major problems. Also, we had people posting pornography in their signatures. We said to people, if you abuse the privelidge, you lose it. Well...it was abused unfortunately. And we can't have more than one attatchment per post, because where do you think all those files go? They go to our server. WE have to store all of your attatchments...and you imagine how many there are in total on the boards...and how much memory that takes up. It leaves less space for theOtaku.com and such. So we can't get too crazy with posting files/images.[/color][/size]
Shy Posted October 16, 2001 Posted October 16, 2001 I disagree, I think it might slow down the boards.
Sara Posted October 16, 2001 Posted October 16, 2001 [SIZE=1]Ye gods... If they end up any slower than they already are for me....I don't know....[/SIZE]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now