OtakuBoards

Launching-Morbid.

Baron Samedi

[quote name='Subversive']As a sometimes hardcore lyricist- I find this an insult to all things morbid....I don't like the image much either...? Sorry.[/quote][color=#30415d]Welcome back, Subversive, but perhaps you'd like to brush up on our rules a little. ~_^

We expect contructive criticism from each post, which means that you need to go into detail about what you like and don't like about an image, and what the artist can do to improve their piece and/or talent. There is a sticky at the top of this forum that goes into further detail on this.[/color]

[QUOTE=Syk3][color=#30415d]Welcome back, Subversive, but perhaps you'd like to brush up on our rules a little. ~_^

We expect contructive criticism from each post, which means that you need to go into detail about what you like and don't like about an image, and what the artist can do to improve their piece and/or talent. There is a sticky at the top of this forum that goes into further detail on this.[/color][/QUOTE]

ARRRRRGH forgot your freakin' rules....*stomps feet*

Well I think in this case you should fit the title more and come more graphic...use more violent and dark colors- and have a more detailed image- not as simplistic or blurred.

[size=1][color=#800000]Considering you've named the piece "Morbid", I feel safe to say that it looks rather grotty. I think it's perhaps the colors, they just scream ickyness (you may insert object that has those colors and is icky here).[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=#800000]It works, however. There's no avoiding looking at that banner and not feel/think something. So despite the fact that I'm slightly grossed out at what it triggers in my brain, it's really good.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=#800000]The muted colors enhance the mood of the banner and the placing of text feels right too. I'm just wondering if there's any thought behind the banner, ie what went through your head as you started making it ? Did you work from a specific idea ?[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=#800000]- Mimmi[/color][/size]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Well...I didn't actually have anything in mind when designing this. I had recently...'acquired' Photoshop, and was testing the 'Cutout' effect on a picture I had. I then duplicated this picture and placed it end to end. Copying it into Serif, I added the text and border and the grass effect. I thought that the colour-scheme was particularly drab, and the word 'Morbid' sprang to mind.

This is how I name all of my banners. Sorry if some people find my phrasing too strong or my image not 'hardcore' enough.

~_^

Just kidding. I couldn't care less.[/SIZE][/COLOR]