OtakuBoards

Bush's new campain ad

ChibiHorsewoman

I'm so excited that we'll see about 8 months of these types of threads until the election. I'm even more excited we can see the same points which have been said for the past 4 years. Such as the "he's using daddy's influence" arguement.

Ok, here everyone can smile and laugh now.

Heres the stupid proof everyone so dreadfully needs. This is the website: [url="http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&ncid=716&e=3&u=/ap/20040305/ap_on_bi_go_ec_fi/economy"]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&ncid=716&e=3&u=/ap/20040305/ap_on_bi_go_ec_fi/economy[/url]

If thats not good enough, i don't know what is.

[i]Bush has done much more than helping the US recover from September 11th. He?s freed Iraq from an evil dictator and removed a threat to the entire Middle East. Bush has, through his tax cuts, revived a floundering economy. He?s also reformed our education system, which I can say has been a very good thing. It?s forced schools to shape up and give students quality education.[/i]

[color=firebrick]I personally hate some parts of the No Student Left Behind bill...but [b]anyways[/b], Boba Fett is correct in that there are many good things that Bush has done in his term of presidency, but it's evenly matched with some mistakes he has made. The best thing Bush has done so far was finding Sadam and giving the economy a couple of jolts. Not exactly a revival, but it did some good. But now he's facing a huge defecit and he's making a budget that has the potential to ruin the economy in the future. [/color]

[i]The economy has lost 2.2 million jobs since Bush took office in January 2001. [/i]

[color=firebrick]Do not even TRY to blame the the start of the bad economy on Bush. It's stupid to [i]blame[/i] the whole thing on Bush. So what if he's bad at reviving it quickly? That's not a reason to blame it on him. If he needs to use a campain of 9/11, I could care less. I believe he has patrism for the US; he's trying to remind people of how he lead the US through the tragedy rather than remind people of how many people died.[/color]

[i]If you couldn't tell by now I am a liberal and I will bash Bush. [/i]

[color=firebrick]Bashing Bush won't impress anyone around here.[/color]

[quote name='maladjusted][color=firebrick]Do not even TRY to blame the the start of the bad economy on Bush. It's stupid to [i]blame[/i'] the whole thing on Bush. So what if he's bad at reviving it quickly? That's not a reason to blame it on him. If he needs to use a campain of 9/11, I could care less. I believe he has patrism for the US; he's trying to remind people of how he lead the US through the tragedy rather than remind people of how many people died.[/color][/quote]

It's pretty much common knowledge that presidents will get the credit for the economy, whether good or bad...however, maladjusted is pretty correct for saying that Bush isn't responsible (not that much, anyway) for the bad economy. There are so many different factors and variables that contribute to the economy, that it's silly to pin its successes and failures on a single person.

Clinton got tons of credit for the fact that the economy was strong during his administration. Did he deserve a lot of that credit? Not really. Bush is getting bashed for the fact that the economy is a bit poor right now. Does he deserve to be bashed so much for that? No, I don't think so. However, presidents will continue to be praised/bashed because they're the people in charge.

Anyway, enough of that...I'm not really offended by the commercial at all. I've seen politicians pull far worse stuff than this. Honestly, who among us, if we were in Bush's position, would not jump at the chance to use 9/11 to generate some positive buzz for re-election? I know I probably would. As has been said before, presidents who are running for re-election are going to emphasize the strongest points of their term and it just so happens that Bush's strongest point was 9/11.

Ironically enough, it's really no different from Clinton using the success of the economy to help himself get re-elected.

In my opinion, Bush really shouldn't get re-elected. Here are my reasons you can agree or disagree, but here they are:
1. He goes off into TWO unjustified war efforts, and comes back empty handed. One can argue that we caught Hussien... SO WHAT??? The country's in disarray, with a makeshift government that can't even feed people.

2. Economy. What else do I gotta say. In my opinion, the economy IS his fault because of his happy-go-lucky tax cuts. C'mon people, he should've known that cutting taxes only helps out the "well to do" for a lack of a better term. Now where has the tax cut got middle clase people like me? Heck the rest of the nation? In billions of dollars of debt. When Clinton left office, we didn't owe a fraction of this crap to anyone.

3. What has he done? Really... ask yourself this question. What HAS bush done for America since he came in office. All really was make flowery speeches about 9/11 AND THEN HAS THE NERVE TO USE IT...

Wow. Im sorry. I flamed and I didn't mean to. :flaming:
its just my teach said "better bush than kerry" and i nearly killed that woman...

Sorry again to the mods and republicans that i flamed on.

[quote name='pbfrontmanvdp']I dont know whether to laugh or cry with half the crap your saying. First off I only stated the first 2 paragraph to describe the feelings I have towards bush. The next paragraph explains how i feel about the "new ad" bush has. I mean come on, do you want like a friggen sign pointing to exactly what is what. And your saying i need spell check. [/quote]

I state again.. this thread isn?t about our personal feelings for Bush. This has become another platform for Bush bashing, and a huge off-topic mess. As for the "paragraph" explaining how you feel about the ad.. all I could find pertaining to the actual ad was this "I have to agree with ChibiHW and say its pretty low to base most of his campaign in the direction of 9/11 and upgrading security around the nation". The rest is a boat ride around your opinions of the economy, war, etc.

"And your saying i need spell check." Yes. Or at least a lesson in grammar. "I'm not sure of what exactly happen?" ß I rest my case.

[QUOTE=pbfrontmanvdp]
Once again your an idiot. What I stated there was my own opinion of how i felt bush did during his time in office. I never said it was related to his ad. Plus I know this part was off topic, I just wanted to tell everyone that the only good thing he has done in office was his reaction to 9/11 and as of right now thats the only thing his putting his campaign towards. [/QUOTE]

That first line made me giggle. Especially since you admitted you were off topic? and continue to stray off topic?.

[QUOTE=pbfrontmanvdp]
Also, if you can't realize by now that the only reason we went to war with Iraq was because Bush senior persuaded Bush jr. too, then you need to open your mind a little more. [/QUOTE]

Firstly, the next time you make claims like this? give it some evidence (the noise emitting from your *** gets really loud on some occasion). Secondly, I have concluded that my mind is perhaps TOO open to the refuse that everyone throws at me. I could?ve sworn I got an aneurysm reading some of your stuff.

[QUOTE=pbfrontmanvdp]
How the hell is this off topic. Once again the only good thing Bush has done while serving his first term in office was....9/11. Call me a bush basher if you want, I am and I really dont care what you think. Until you can prove that Bush has been a good president besides the point of the 9/11 crisis, then ill sitck with what I'm saying about the ad. [/QUOTE]

You?ve repeated yourself three times on an issue that has nothing to do with this thread. Secondly, if you don?t care what I think.. then why do you bother debating your opinion? Wait.. don?t bother answering that, your opinion doesn?t matter, right?

[QUOTE=pbfrontmanvdp]
And about the spell check. What i spelt 2 words wrong, how about you grow up and realize some people make mistakes. We're all not perfect...oh wait nevermind you are. [/QUOTE]

I try J.

[QUOTE=pbfrontmanvdp]
Dont make assumptions about what I am saying until I state it. Its a friggen presidental campaign, of course both sides will bash each other. I just want to clearly know the facts of what both parties are going to do if they get elected into office. [/QUOTE]

I made no assumptions. I drew my own conclusions. This thread is not about the presidential race, or the office history of Bush, or your own vendetta for or against any party.

[QUOTE=pbfrontmanvdp]
Hers's an idea! Why don't you stop whining and quit complaing about "Bush Bashers". Your either a conservative, a moderate, or a liberal when it comes down to it. If you couldn't tell by now I am a liberal and I will bash Bush. Without his father, he probably wouldn't have been elected to run for president.[/QUOTE]

Here?s an idea, why don?t you follow the rules here on OB. This means staying on topic. Why don?t you support your allegations and accusations against Bush in a logical or reasonable fashion? Why do you choose to resort to infantile flaming wars and mud slinging because I simply disagree with you? You can?t take your medicine?

Take some responsibility for your actions and listen to what I have to say. I?ve said before: this thread has had some good points. Most notably CHW and deathbug. Boba and maladjusted also threw in some good stuff. You don?t seem to understand that when I?m serious about thread direction, and I ask for it to be moved on-topic, it should be. I?ve no personal agenda against this thread (heck, it?s been fairly conservatively dominated in my opinion, but no matter) or the people in it.

So I?m going to close this thread. I?m going to recommend that pbfrontmanvdp change his attitude towards members (I?m not asking for inordinate amounts of respect, just the same as any member deserves) including myself. I hope the next Bush-related thread remains a bit more civil than this.