OtakuBoards

Bush's new campain ad

ChibiHorsewoman

[color=darkviolet]I don't have a link to the ad, and I didn't hear the commercial, but I did see it on the local news. So if anyone can help me with that part, I'd be much obliged.

I'm not going to go on a bashing extravaganza since that's just over done and I'm sure politicians can do it on their own without the help of people who are either old enough or still too young to vote.

That said, here's my topic:
I was watching the local news and one of the stories was about Bush's new campain ad which uses clips from the events of 9/11.

The families of the victims are upset by this ad saying that the president is using the tradgedy to advance his political career. I definately agree with them in this sentiment-I'd much rather hear Bush bash Kerry about his politics than see him use a national tradgedy to help his presidental campain.

Of course, that's just one person's opinion and this person is a liberal who doesn't much care for Bush in the first place, so I'd enjoy the input of others with either like or differing minded opinions-(This means you Boba)

That said, I leave you all to your devices and have at![/color]

[COLOR=Gray][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]I have not seen this ad, and probably never will, as I not only do not watch television, but don't live in America.

However, based on the information you have provided, I find the nature of this ad completely immoral. I have not actually seen it, so I don't know how the footage was presented, but I find it unbelievably sleezy and heartless to exploit such a tragic loss of life to simply (try to) boost your campaign.

And the eternal question: [I]Why does this man persist in making an *** of himself?[/I]

(I'd preffer it if no one used the above comment to start a flame war. This isn't about Bush-bashing...i'ts about morals in advertisement.)

(Yes, I know that I shouldn't have stated that, knowing the above is the case, but I couldn't help myself.^^")[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]I think that it is completely expected for Bush to make such an ad. A simple fact of politics is that you want people to remember you at your best.

Whether or not you like Bush, I think we can all agree that he was at his best directly after the 9/11 attacks. I'm not ofended by these ads, and I wouldn't be offended if any politician from any party ran similar ones.[/color][/size][/font]

As far as I'm concerned, the fact that he has done this has just proven that he doesn't give a crap about America. He's using something that he [I]could have prevented[/I], that killed so many people, that hurt so many more--emotionally as well as physically--to bolster his career. He's devaluing the lives of hundreds so that he can play president for another four years. Personally, I don't think he should even be running.
And what does depicting 9/11 say, anyway? That it happened while he was the president, and he distracted us all from it by going to war against Iraq? Impressive, indeed. (Whose organization destroyed the Twin Towers? Was it Saddam Hussein or Osama bin Laden? And who did Bush decide we should blow to hell? If you don't know the answer, you shouldn't even bother to vote.)
It's disgusting, and like everything else he's done so far, it's all for his own benefit. I mean, who would want to give up being president? "It's a kick*** job!"

[color=green]I haven't seen the ads that you are referring to, but I imagine them... I have to side with DeathBug on this one. 9/11 was a significant event that happened during the Bush Presidency. Afterwards, there was a lot of action taken by his administration. Whether you agreed with the actions or not, it was when the vision of the administration was clear and focused. It was when the accomplished the most.

Why not use your accomplishment to further your career? Had nothing ever administratively come out of the tragedy, it would be of no use to him. I don't see this as a case of "using" a national tragedy. I see it as a case of drawing attention to his time of high clarity and productivity.

As I said above, though, the only thing I know about the ads is what you've mentioned of them in your introduction. Having not seen anything else of them, or the taste in which they were done, that's about all I have to say at the moment.[/color]

All I have to say it that if you did not think he would use 9/11 in his ad's then your far to simple minded. One question, what was the two things that happend when bush was in office? IRAQ AND 9/11. So I cannot say it was a shock for me to hear about this.

You dont see clinton permoting himself with pictures from his affair.

-Mark

[color=purple]I got bored and went on Google, here's what I found:[/color]

[b]TITLE: "Tested."

LENGTH: 30 seconds.

PRODUCER: Maverick Media.

AIRING: In rotation in 18 battleground states and nationally on cable networks.

SCRIPT: Bush: "I'm George W. Bush and I approve this message."

Announcer: "The last few years have tested America in many ways. Some challenges we've seen before. And some were like no others. But America rose to the challenge. What sees us through tough times? Freedom, faith, families and sacrifice."

KEY IMAGES: Bush appears at the beginning and end only. The ad mainly includes portraits of people of all ages and races, along with Sept. 11, 2001, wreckage, a flag being raised, children saying the Pledge of Allegiance, parishioners at a church, parents with a new baby and firefighters.[/b]

[url]http://www.thebostonchannel.com/politics/2897305/detail.html[/url]

[color=purple] The first is a description of the commercial, the second is a link to where you can find the commercial. The picture is kind of small so you can't see too much detail, but you can tell that he's showing scenes from 9/11.

Seeing the commercial hasn't really changed my opinion on this topic, or the man in general, I still think he's doing an extremely disgraceful thing. Friends of my parents lost their nephew in the twin towers. I doubt Bush would even think of using such fotage if someone in his family was lost-then again....[/color]

Guest Mair_and_Riam
I know i am not hte only one who thinks should go. I mean he launched a whole damn war over a suspition ( did i spell that right?) that they had weapons. was there any? seriously i hardly watch the news anymore. I hope nobody wants me dead now.

Another thing. Why in hell should he have the "right" to go in there and tell them to live like him? i know, i know, Saddam's tyranny did play factor towards bush but nonetheless....

[color=darkred] Do not double post. I edited in your 2nd post. ~Drix [/color]

[quote name='oshi]As far as I'm concerned, the fact that he has done this has just proven that he doesn't give a crap about America. He's using something that he [I]could have prevented[/I'], that killed so many people, that hurt so many more--emotionally as well as physically--to bolster his career.[/quote]

[color=indigo]And you my friend are a moron. I don't care if you like or dislike George Bush, but to say that he doesn't care about America is almost as ridiculous as stating that he could have prevented 9/11...

Both George Bush and John Kerry are very good, very patriotic individuals despite the fact that they both have different visions for America. From day one Bush has done only what he thought best for the country, if you don't agree with his policies that is cool but insulting his charecter with the garbled mess you just wrote proves that you are an idiot.

As far as the ad goes, I don't find it at all immoral. The President obviously feels that America has acted appropriatly since 9/11 and has become a safer more prosperous place. If that is truly how he feels shouldn't he consider it an accomplishment and feel somewhat proud of himself? I know that when I accomplish something that I promised to do I feel a sense of pride. Again, George Bush says something and then does exactly what he said he would do, in that respect he is a very productive leader. If you don't agree with his policies or politics don't vote for him.[/color]

Right off, I'd say this is the obvious move. I stopped questioning why politicians do the things they do and say the things they say a long time ago. It saves unduly used energy.

One of the most memorable moments in which Bush shined was the 9/11 tradgedy, so why shouldn't he use it(or better said, why [i]wouldn't[/i] he use it) to further his political career? There are tons and tons and tons of precedences for things like this, so why is it so shocking?

-Justin

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]John Kerry cited his experience in the Vietnam War during his campaign; isn't that profiting off of the Vietnam War?

Wesley Clark cited his war time experience no end during his campaign; was'nt that profiting off the war?

CHW, I'm afraid your analogy doesn't quite work. "Pulling rank" and having pride in your accomplishments are two different things. If a military officer believes that he is the best person suited for an operation, isn't it his responsibility to let his superiors know, and tell them why?

The american people are Bush's superiors. He believes that he's the best person to be president, and he's telling the American people why. He's not 'pulling rank', he's saying, "These are my accomplishments. I believe I should be assigned this post again; the final decision is up to you."

I really think that this is only an issue because it's Bush that's doing it. Bush has been dogged non-stop since he was in office. Any other politician can point to his finest hour, but Bush is forbidden to.

Not to offend, but this whole question is geared to slam Bush. Look at our choices: we either are strongly offended, vaguley offended, or have no issue. Yet again, Bush is wrong because he's Bush.[/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]

The families of the victims are upset by this ad saying that the president is using the tradgedy to advance his political career. I definately agree with them in this sentiment-I'd much rather hear Bush bash Kerry about his politics than see him use a national tradgedy to help his presidental campain.![/color][/QUOTE]
Same families that sued the government to get more money? I don't really feel sorry for them. They got money for their family members dying, might as well let Bush use them also no?

By 'shined', I more or less meant his public appearance. Sure, you had thsoe who thought he could've prevented it, and even some who thought he was responsible. But overall(at least as far as I know), that was when he was best looked upon in America.

-Justin

Guest Crimson Spider
Actually, the Alqueda rising in Afghanistan was handeled before Bush ever became president. When Clinton saw this, he saw a bunch of guys whith some guns who don't like America; something our modern day presidents see every day. He saw this, and dismissed it as yet again, another empy threat. Too bad he was wrong.

You know, only 2 people said that they didn't like the ad-campaing. I mean, the democratic party uses the deaths of men in the war to their advantage, too.

I don't find it offensive at all. I don't see how anyone would. Stating something done in history isn't bad. That's like ignoring a persons grades in college.

I bid thee adiue.

[QUOTE=DeathBug][color=indigo]][font=comic sans ms]John Kerry cited his experience in the Vietnam War during his campaign; isn't that profiting off of the Vietnam War?

Wesley Clark cited his war time experience no end during his campaign; was'nt that profiting off the war?[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]I'm afraid I'll have to dissagree with that remark. (and ask you to make your font bigger, the size makes my old eyes hurt) Kerry and Clark don't show pictures of soldiers being loaded into body bags in their ads. Sure, in one ad I saw on Monday you see Kerry in his BDUs looking at a camera, but there's nothing to suggest that Kerry could have won the war if he stayed in longer. I don't see that as profiting from the war.

Also staying on that topic, I don't think Kerry tries to use the fact that he was a Luetenant to get his point across.

On that same note if Bush wanted to use his military career as a spring board, I don't think there'd be a problem there. either[/color]

[QUOTE=DeathBug][color=indigo]CHW, I'm afraid your analogy doesn't quite work. "Pulling rank" and having pride in your accomplishments are two different things. If a military officer believes that he is the best person suited for an operation, isn't it his responsibility to let his superiors know, and tell them why?
[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet] I don't think you followed my analogy completely. Letting your superiors know that you think you deserve a promotion and telling someone that they should do what you say because you 'out rank' them are two different things.

I feel that Bush is using the fact that he was in office during 9/11 to gain votes and so do many other people who saw this ad (use the link on my post and read, or go to google). The line that I'm talking about states that: 'I will not use my rank for personal gain, which is what Bush seems to be doing.[/color]

[quote name='DeathBug][color=indigo']The american people are Bush's superiors. He believes that he's the best person to be president, and he's telling the American people why. He's not 'pulling rank', he's saying, "These are my accomplishments. I believe I should be assigned this post again; the final decision is up to you."[/quote]

[color=darkviolet]Keeping that thought in mind I think the american people should bump this Master Sergeant back down to E1. But I'm not everyone, so that's just my thought on the matter.[/color]

[quote name='DeathBug][color=indigo']I really think that this is only an issue because it's Bush that's doing it. Bush has been dogged non-stop since he was in office. Any other politician can point to his finest hour, but Bush is forbidden to.[/quote]

[color=darkviolet]Not to sound rude, but if my 'finest hour', as you so eloquently put it, involved such tradgedy, I'd put it far behind me and focus on other things like maybe my military career, or my academic career or maybe other accomplishments that I made during my first term as president. I'd show some class and leave out human tradgedy.[/color]

[quote name='DeathBug][color=indigo]Not to offend, but this whole question is geared to slam Bush. Look at our choices: we either are strongly offended, vaguley offended, or have no issue. Yet again, Bush is wrong because he's Bush.[/color'][/font][/quote]

[color=darkviolet]I admit that maybe I didn't choose the questions very well, and I do appologize for that. But I do think it's absurd to say that al this is is tryiong to bash bush. Believe me If I wanted to, I would, but I think we should all try to be above all that.

I don't think he's wrong because he's Bush, I think he's wrong because he didn't think about how his message would affect other people, and that's something you really have to consider when your president.[/color]

[quote]Funny I didn't think he did that well at all. First he flew around the country and then he sat around a table looking PO'd. He was outclassed bigtime by Guiliani.[/quote]

[color=green]Do you think it was Bush's idea to have him flown all over the place? Do you think he didn't want to be in his office where he could push the little red button?

Bush was carted all over the placeon Air Force One because at the time it seemed the safest place for him to be. They were sending him to Camp David, remember, and then that plane went down in PA, supposedly headed for Camp David.

Guiliani didn't have Secret Servicemen telling him what to do for his own sfety. He also wasn't a major target himself, like Bush was. I wonder if the terrorist thought, "How do we attack America?" " Let's get Guiliani, he makes a national point."

I am not a big Bush supporter, and I don't think I will be voting for him again. The man is barely being given a chance here, folks. I mean really, 9/11 was a highly orchestrated manuver, and in my opinion, would have happened no matter who was in office. He acted how he thought appropriate in the time after 9/11, and as I said before, whether you agree with the stuff that happened or not, a lot got done. It was a time of accomplishment for bush, and a lot of the people who will be voting for him will vote for him becausee of those actions. Why not try and remind people of them to try to win some votes.[/color]

Well first off ill say that i pretty much despise Bush for most of what he has done in office for his first term. However, i have to give the man .........credit that he did a great job with handling 9/11 and the speeches he gave during that time were probably the best he has ever given.

After that though, i kinda got pissed off when i found out we were going to war with Iraq to "stop biological weapons" being mass-produced in Saddam's palaces. I knew before hand that he was going to do this since his father (probably demanding George W. Bush) couldn't finish it and what best but to get his son to do the job for him.

Anyway though, i dont want to completely bash him so ill move on to the topic of the ad. I have to agree with ChibiHW and say its pretty low to base most of his campaign in the direction of 9/11 and upgrading security around the nation. Of course this is the biggest tradgedy to happen in America, but you can only do so much to stop terrorism. The economy is in such **** right now and i dont exactly see it going up and staying steady until he is out of office. Most people who have occupations in Unions are being unemployed including my dad who has been working for the same company for 33 years now. He had only about 6 years left (before this crisis) to retire, but now he has no clue. Bush even stated for this year (i was listening to Bloomburg news...i think thats the name of it...on the radio one day and heard this) that there was going to be an increase in the amount of jobs availble for the year 2004, but the exact opposite happen. I'm not sure of what exactly happen, but millions of citizens who have been working in the same companies for decades are losing their jobs and therefore losing their pension.

I also dont want him to base his ad's on bashing just Kerry as well. That would pretty much get him no where. The only reason i would want to vote for him again, is if he gives solutions of trying to decrease the amount of unemployment in America right now. That should be the biggest issue on both sides of the spectrum, and as of right now i only see Kerry trying to solve the problem.

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman] [color=darkviolet'] I'm afraid I'll have to dissagree with that remark. (and ask you to make your font bigger, the size makes my old eyes hurt) Kerry and Clark don't show pictures of soldiers being loaded into body bags in their ads. Sure, in one ad I saw on Monday you see Kerry in his BDUs looking at a camera, but there's nothing to suggest that Kerry could have won the war if he stayed in longer. I don't see that as profiting from the war. [/color][/quote]

[color=indigo][font=comic sans ms] Why not? It's the same principle, really. [/color][/font]
[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet']Also staying on that topic, I don't think Kerry tries to use the fact that he was a Luetenant to get his point across.[/color][/quote]

[color=indigo][font=comic sans ms] He can if he wanted; I don't think anyone would mind. I think he's not because his service record is less-than-admirable, and he'd look like a hypocrite for attack Bush's record, but that's niether here nor there. the point is, he could if he wanted to, but he doesn't feel that serving as a Liuetenent is the best part of his career. [/color][/font]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet']On that same note if Bush wanted to use his military career as a spring board, I don't think there'd be a problem there. either [/color][/quote]

[color=indigo][font=comic sans ms] No, there would be a problem becaue Bush is Bush, and Bush is always wrong.

I don't meant to sound like some right-wing conspiracy theorist, but most of the media doesn't like Bush; this is a simple conclusion after four years. They're going to harass his daughters, dig up his service record, diss the National Guard, harass him for visiting Dr. MLK Jr's gravesite....it doesn't matter what this man does, there's going to be a group who hounds him for it.

This practice is dangerous, because it disenfranchises those with legitimate concerns. Again, though, that's niether here nor there. [/color][/font]

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet] I don't think you followed my analogy completely. Letting your superiors know that you think you deserve a promotion and telling someone that they should do what you say because you 'out rank' them are two different things.

I feel that Bush is using the fact that he was in office during 9/11 to gain votes and so do many other people who saw this ad (use the link on my post and read, or go to google). The line that I'm talking about states that: 'I will not use my rank for personal gain, which is what Bush seems to be doing. [/color][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo][font=comic sans ms] I'm aware of what you're saying, and I still don't think it fits. Bush's "rank" is President, or Commander-In-Chief. He's not pulling rank because, because pulling rank involves pointing to you rank to gain something.

He's not pointing to his rank as president, he's pointing to what he accomplished during his tenue as president. He's trying to say, "When the chips were down, this is how I behaved."

It's not only completely fine, but, as a politician, he'd be stupid not to. [/color][/font]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman] [color=darkviolet'] Keeping that thought in mind I think the american people should bump this Master Sergeant back down to E1. But I'm not everyone, so that's just my thought on the matter[/color][/quote]

[color=indigo][font=comic sans ms] And that is your opinion. However, fifty percent of the american people wanted Bush to be president, and a good deal of them were greatly impressed by his response to the 9/11 situation. These people are most likely going to vote for him again.

And, on the flip-side, the group of Americans who hate hate HATE Bush with every fiber of their being are going to vote against him, obviously. And most of the media will continue to slam him, because that's what they do. [/color][/font]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman] [color=darkviolet'] Not to sound rude, but if my 'finest hour', as you so eloquently put it, involved such tradgedy, I'd put it far behind me and focus on other things like maybe my military career, or my academic career or maybe other accomplishments that I made during my first term as president. I'd show some class and leave out human tradgedy[/color][/quote]

[color=indigo][font=comic sans ms] The attacks of 9/11 proved that America is far more vulnerable than we thought, and many people believe there might be another attack. Americans should want to be reminded of how those in power reacted to the catastrophe.

Bush's approval rating went through the roof diectly after 9/11 because most Americans thought he did an excellant job dealing with the aftermath of that tradgedy. Everyone who reacted bravely and with decisiveness, heroism or conviction has a right to be proud of what they've done, and a right to point towards it as an accomplishment.

9/11 was an honest-to-God national crisis, and Bush reacted to it in a way the vast majority of American approved of. tHere is no reason why he, or any politician, can't say, "When the chips were down, I acted thusly." It's not only unrealistic, it's foolish. [/font]color][/

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman] [color=darkviolet] I admit that maybe I didn't choose the questions very well, and I do appologize for that. But I do think it's absurd to say that al this is is tryiong to bash bush. Believe me If I wanted to, I would, but I think we should all try to be above all that.

I don't think he's wrong because he's Bush, I think he's wrong because he didn't think about how his message would affect other people, and that's something you really have to consider when your president. [/color][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo][font=comic sans ms] But you are bashing Bush, and so are several posters on this thread. You can admit to simply not liking Bush; I don't think anyone would question the validity of your opinion for that, any more than I'd be disqualified for my opinions of Bill Clinton (Nice economic policies, but personally, a scumwad.)

I believe that no politician would run a national campaign ad without looking into how it would be recieved by other people. Bush is not the flaming idiot others make him out to be.

In a crisis, Bush reacted bravely and decisivly. why can't he say that?[/font]color]

[QUOTE]And that is your opinion. However, fifty percent of the american people wanted Bush to be president, and a good deal of them were greatly impressed by his response to the 9/11 situation. These people are most likely going to vote for him again. [/QUOTE]

Actually, if you think about 50% of the people who bothered to get off their lazy butts and vote voted for him. Less than 50% of the US population actually votes, and than half of those votes are discarded due to the Electoral college. Some Democracy, neh?

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]I'm afraid I'll have to dissagree with that remark. (and ask you to make your font bigger, the size makes my old eyes hurt) Kerry and Clark don't show pictures of soldiers being loaded into body bags in their ads. Sure, in one ad I saw on Monday you see Kerry in his BDUs looking at a camera, but there's nothing to suggest that Kerry could have won the war if he stayed in longer. I don't see that as profiting from the war.

Also staying on that topic, I don't think Kerry tries to use the fact that he was a Luetenant to get his point across. [/QUOTE]

Interestingly enough, you seem to be staying on the off-topic. (If his font bothers you.. change your resolution, copy paste onto word, or something of that nature. Your violet font gives my retriever epileptic seizures, but I don?t complain) No Kerry and Clark have plenty of opportunities to show of f their sparkling uniforms and smiling faces. They have plenty of time to show me their glorified image despite the horrific nature of the wars they fought in. You cannot refuse the tragedy that occurred on 9/11. I would think refusing to acknowledge the events that occurred in his presidency would be regarded as forgetting about the people that died during his presidency. Presidents are remembered by what happens during their term, 9/11 happened during his.

Here?s the good part. You say Kerry and Clark aren?t profiting from their military careers, then move on to say "(I?d) ...focus on other things like maybe my military career". OF COURSE THEY ARE. Am I seeing a double-standard? It?s ok to use the war if you aren?t showing what happens during the war? It?s ok to show the glamorous images and ignore the fact that Kerry and Clark may be responsible for the deaths of people as well as Bush?

I appreciate what Bush did at 9/11. He led the country well, and provided a strong foundation of leadership. He stood up to pressure and decisions that would probably cause you or I to crack!

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman]
On that same note if Bush wanted to use his military career as a spring board, I don't think there'd be a problem there. either[/color] [/QUOTE]

Would your vote change based on his past service in the military? What I?ve seen is more or less a character assassination. Hell, the democrats have virtually [I]demanded[/I] that Bush give out his entire military record. Suddenly, he wasn?t in the army "enough" for most people.

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman]
I feel that Bush is using the fact that he was in office during 9/11 to gain votes and so do many other people who saw this ad (use the link on my post and read, or go to google). The line that I'm talking about states that: 'I will not use my rank for personal gain, which is what Bush seems to be doing.[/color] [/QUOTE]

He?s using the events of 9/11 for perfectly legitimate professional gain. Don?t fail to make the distinction between personal and professional.

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman]
[color=darkviolet]Not to sound rude, but if my 'finest hour', as you so eloquently put it, involved such tradgedy, I'd put it far behind me and focus on other things like maybe my military career, or my academic career or maybe other accomplishments that I made during my first term as president. I'd show some class and leave out human tradgedy.[/color] [/QUOTE]

Wouldn?t it be nice to pretend that that never happened? Wouldn?t it be great to think that the dynamics of foreign policy would be changed? The real tragedy would be forgetting what happened. Let?s learn from the past and trudge forward.

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman]
[color=darkviolet]I admit that maybe I didn't choose the questions very well, and I do appologize for that. But I do think it's absurd to say that al this is is tryiong to bash bush. Believe me If I wanted to, I would, but I think we should all try to be above all that.

I don't think he's wrong because he's Bush, I think he's wrong because he didn't think about how his message would affect other people, and that's something you really have to consider when your president.[/color][/QUOTE]

Of course you don?t like Bush. Taking his integrity into question over these advertisments is a legitimate reason. The problem is, everyone on this thread with any sort of vendetta against bush has taken this as an opportunity to cite (what they believe are) his failings. Let?s talk about the advertisement and stay on topic.

Observe one who doesn?t like to stay on topic.

[quote name='pbfrontmanvdp']Well first off ill say that i pretty much despise Bush for most of what he has done in office for his first term. However, i have to give the man .........credit that he did a great job with handling 9/11 and the speeches he gave during that time were probably the best he has ever given. [/quote]

Off to a legitimate start. You can ? despise Bush, but is that what the topic is about?

[QUOTE=pbfrontmanvdp]
After that though, i kinda got pissed off when i found out we were going to war with Iraq to "stop biological weapons" being mass-produced in Saddam's palaces. I knew before hand that he was going to do this since his father (probably demanding George W. Bush) couldn't finish it and what best but to get his son to do the job for him. [/QUOTE]

And it starts. What does the war on Iraq have anything to do with Bush?s advertising policy? As far as I can tell.. he?s not mentioned it in an advertisement yet. Every single democratic candidate has taken a nice block to mention the war in Iraq from their opinion.

[QUOTE=pbfrontmanvdp]
Anyway though, i dont want to completely bash him so ill move on to the topic of the ad. I have to agree with ChibiHW and say its pretty low to base most of his campaign in the direction of 9/11 and upgrading security around the nation. Of course this is the biggest tradgedy to happen in America, but you can only do so much to stop terrorism. [/QUOTE] Within the same paragraph? not 3 sentences later, he flies off topic..
[QUOTE=pbfrontmanvdp]
The economy is in such **** right now and i dont exactly see it going up?. [Insert political rhetoric] ?. I'm not sure of what exactly happen, but millions of citizens who have been working in the same companies for decades are losing their jobs and therefore losing their pension. [/QUOTE]

"Damn those damnable commercials!" Now, I know you feel strongly about this.. but stay on topic, and use spell-check.

[QUOTE=pbfrontmanvdp]
I also dont want him to base his ad's on bashing just Kerry as well. That would pretty much get him no where. [/QUOTE]

Cause we all know Kerry doesn?t bash him!

[QUOTE=pbfrontmanvdp]
The only reason i would want to vote for him again, is if he gives solutions of trying to decrease the amount of unemployment in America right now. That should be the biggest issue on both sides of the spectrum, and as of right now i only see Kerry trying to solve the problem.[/QUOTE]

See what I mean? If you want to start a bush-bashing thread? go for it. As for this thread, stay on topic and avoid the Bush bashing.

CHW you?ve had some legitimate points, just be careful not to contradict yourself. Don?t forget, a lot of families appreciate the action Bush took after 9/11. Caution yourself against falling under the notion that the American people share your opinion.

"I think he's wrong because he didn't think about how his message would affect other people, and that's something you really have to consider when your president."

Perhaps the message didn?t affect other people in the same manner it effected you.

[quote name='Drix D'Zanth']Off to a legitimate start. You can ? despise Bush, but is that what the topic is about? [/quote]
I dont know whether to laugh or cry with half the crap your saying. First off I only stated the first 2 paragraph to describe the feelings I have towards bush. The next paragraph explains how i feel about the "new ad" bush has. I mean come on, do you want like a friggen sign pointing to exactly what is what. And your saying i need spell check.

[quote name='Drix D'Zanth']And it starts. What does the war on Iraq have anything to do with Bush?s advertising policy? As far as I can tell.. he?s not mentioned it in an advertisement yet. Every single democratic candidate has taken a nice block to mention the war in Iraq from their opinion.[/quote]
Once again your an idiot. What I stated there was my own opinion of how i felt bush did during his time in office. I never said it was related to his ad. Plus I know this part was off topic, I just wanted to tell everyone that the only good thing he has done in office was his reaction to 9/11 and as of right now thats the only thing his putting his campaign towards.

Also, if you can't realize by now that the only reason we went to war with Iraq was because Bush senior persuaded Bush jr. too, then you need to open your mind a little more.

[QUOTE=Drix D'Zanth]Within the same paragraph? not 3 sentences later, he flies off topic.

"Damn those damnable commercials!" Now, I know you feel strongly about this.. but stay on topic, and use spell-check. [/QUOTE]
How the hell is this off topic. Once again the only good thing Bush has done while serving his first term in office was....9/11. Call me a bush basher if you want, I am and I really dont care what you think. Until you can prove that Bush has been a good president besides the point of the 9/11 crisis, then ill sitck with what I'm saying about the ad.

And about the spell check. What i spelt 2 words wrong, how about you grow up and realize some people make mistakes. We're all not perfect...oh wait nevermind you are.

[quote name='Drix D'Zanth'] Cause we all know Kerry doesn?t bash him![/quote]
Dont make assumptions about what I am saying until I state it. Its a friggen presidental campaign, of course both sides will bash each other. I just want to clearly know the facts of what both parties are going to do if they get elected into office.

[quote name='Drix D'Zanth'] See what I mean? If you want to start a bush-bashing thread? go for it. As for this thread, stay on topic and avoid the Bush bashing. [/quote]
Hers's an idea! Why don't you stop whining and quit complaing about "Bush Bashers". Your either a conservative, a moderate, or a liberal when it comes down to it. If you couldn't tell by now I am a liberal and I will bash Bush. Without his father, he probably wouldn't have been elected to run for president.

[i]The economy is in such **** right now and i dont exactly see it going up?. [Insert political rhetoric] ?. I'm not sure of what exactly happen, but millions of citizens who have been working in the same companies for decades are losing their jobs and therefore losing their pension. [/i]

[color=firebrick]I'm not exactly into economics, but Bush's recent tax cuts have boosted the economy a bit. I dislike Bush for the economy as well, because my dad's buisness went out of buisness and we are pretty strained for money now that he's trying to restart it. But you can't blame the start of the economic depression on Bush because it started going down before he was elected. 9/11 just made it drop...a lot. Then there was the whole Iraq mess and whatnot. God, Bush's proposal for using a trillion dollars to go the moon isn't helping either, but at least he's sort of paying attention to the economy now. :/ If he'd get his mind off of gay marirrages and the moon or whatever... [/color]

[i] Without his father, he probably wouldn't have been elected to run for president.[/i]

[color=firebrick]He would've gone to some crappy college and worked as a politician for the rest of his life if it wasn't for his father...

Well, whatever, I don't care about Bush's ad strategy because bringing up 9/11 won't really help him out that much because all most people will remember was how the economy went down the drain and Bush led us to war.All I heard was that he's making a huge effort to find Osama Bin Ladin, which will boost his popularity nicely if he's actually found. [/color]

[color=green]I personally don?t find this ad offensive. President Bush is trying to run for re-election. To be successfully re-elected, he needs to both show off the positive aspects of his record and talk about his plans for the future. The tragic events of September 11th are, without a doubt, Bush?s most impressive moments in office. Therefore, it makes sense for his re-election campaign to use this ad. It reminds people of Bush?s stellar response in the wake of a devastating series of terrorist attacks on America.

As to whether it?s appropriate for him to use these tragic events as part of an ad, I initially thought it?d be inappropriate. Then, using the page that ChibiHorseWoman provided, I watched the actual Ad. The way in which the events in question were used shouldn?t be offensive, especially to people who accepted government settlements (and in some cases sued the government) for lost relatives. I see these people as profiteers and those settlements made me lose all sympathy I had for them.

In the end, I feel that this ad is completely appropriate. It doesn?t offend me, or some people who I?ve showed it to.

[center]--- --- --- --- --- ---[/center][/color]

[quote name='pbfrontmanvdp']And your saying i need spell check.[/quote]

[color=green]Using a spell-check program makes your posts much easier to read. It?d be nice if you could use them?[/color]

[quote name='pbfrontmanvdp']Once again your an idiot. What I stated there was my own opinion of how i felt bush did during his time in office. I never said it was related to his ad. Plus I know this part was off topic, I just wanted to tell everyone that the only good thing he has done in office was his reaction to 9/11 and as of right now thats the only thing his putting his campaign towards.[/quote]

[color=green]Idiot? So that?s how Drix got to be a moderator?

Bush has done much more than helping the US recover from September 11th. He?s freed Iraq from an evil dictator and removed a threat to the entire Middle East. Bush has, through his tax cuts, revived a floundering economy. He?s also reformed our education system, which I can say has been a very good thing. It?s forced schools to shape up and give students quality education.

If you want proof of these things, I can link you to relevant news stories?[/color]

[quote name='pbfrontmanvdp']Also, if you can't realize by now that the only reason we went to war with Iraq was because Bush senior persuaded Bush jr. too, then you need to open your mind a little more.[/quote]

[color=green]o_O

Prove it.[/color]

[quote name='pbfrontmanvdp']Hers's an idea! Why don't you stop whining and quit complaing about "Bush Bashers". Your either a conservative, a moderate, or a liberal when it comes down to it. If you couldn't tell by now I am a liberal and I will bash Bush. Without his father, he probably wouldn't have been elected to run for president.[/quote]

[color=green]So what?

Just because this president?s father was president doesn?t invalidate his views or policies.[/color]

Personally, I think that it's immoral of Bush to be using the footage of 9/11 in his campaign ads. Hundreds of civilians died during that tragedy, and he seems to be using it simply for personal gain. How do I reach this conclusion? It's very simple. He's not using that footage [i]just[/i] to show what America has gotten through. He's basically saying that America couldn't have gotten through [i]without him[/i]. I've seen both Bush's commercial and Kerry's, and I see a fundamental difference between the two. Kerry is depicted in the Vietnam War, and yes, many people died in it. However, they died as soldiers fighting for a cause, on both sides. 9/11, however, was a completely different matter. A small group of zealots hijacked a plane and killed hundreds of innocent civilians, who had no idea how to fight back (for the most part). There is a fundamental difference.

All in all, I find Bush's use of 9/11 footage very distasteful and immoral. He might have done well during the tragedy (and the war with Iraq), but that does not justify using such a tragedy to further his personal agenda.

(Now all I have to do is sit and wait for all the backlash...)

[QUOTE=Boba Fett][color=green]Idiot? So that?s how Drix got to be a moderator?

Bush has done much more than helping the US recover from September 11th. He?s freed Iraq from an evil dictator and removed a threat to the entire Middle East. Bush has, through his tax cuts, revived a floundering economy. He?s also reformed our education system, which I can say has been a very good thing. It?s forced schools to shape up and give students quality education.

If you want proof of these things, I can link you to relevant news stories?[/color][/QUOTE]Please being a moderator doesn't mean your friggen god so why you even said that is beyond me.

Plus I have already stated my issues about the "No child left behind act" in the other thread and I will only say that it's probably the worst act that has ever been approved. If you want to see what i had to say about that then ill give you the thread to it [url="http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=35982"]http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=35982[/url].