OtakuBoards

GBA memory stick

Kristoff119

Has anyone heard about this product? I am sooooooooooo happy that someone has finally made a memory unit for the gba. I would highly recommend you get this product, especially those of you with younger siblings who randomly delete your game saves or save new games over yours. Here is a review of the product:[URL=http://www.success-hk.com/review/gba_memory_stick/index4.htm][I][B][U]GBA Super Memory Stick[/U][/B][/I][/URL]
[IMG]http://www.eagb.net/advance/hardware_review_images/hr47_01.jpg[/IMG]

You can get an 8Mb(1MB) stick for about 10 bucks on ebay or at an import store for probably 15 to 20.

Yes.... I can cheat on pokemon.....I'll save over 20 bucks. He he he.

But besides that, it's very useful. Can it save GB original games and can t save more then 1 game?

But this is too good to be true. IS it really real? It's very suspiscious since it's from Ebay.

Actually, it's been selling in the UK for the past couple of months and I believe it has just recently started popping up on ebay. I read somewhere that it can save on average about 3000 game saves(probably miss-quoting that estimate) and I'm pretty sure you could use it for gb and gbc games as well but, I haven't recieved mine yet so I don't know. For the past couple of years I've been using another memory card(pelican's brainboy, I highly recommend this, as well) to save my gb and gbc saves and there is another memory card that was made by interact.

Well Personaly i think that this would be a good product for games which only let u save 1 game (e.g pokemon :ball:). cause i have friends who borrow my games and save over my games. But also if you wanted to ceep your old file on a game but aso start a newone. its about time they brought out a product like this. But i was thinking the other day (probbably not that good of an idea0 but you should be able to save gamecube games on it (e.g pokemon collesium (mind the spelling)) and then import them onto your gameboy advance games or just act as another memory card that can hold GBA and Gamcube games on it. Well thats my 2 cents worth im off.

[font=Verdana][size=1]This does seem like a very useful little item to have especially in the above mentioned scenarios. But there are only a few such games that would make use of this feature i.e. the Pokémon series or any other such one that has only a single memory slot. I think personally that it will only sell for those such games and has probably been created solely for use there-in.[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1]However that is not to say that it isn't a useful device, it will be considered a God-sent by most people who share a Pokémon cartridge with other siblings and worry about having their save deleted. I would be interested however to see it's application in other Nintendo Gameboy games but I suspect that my above thought is accurate. [/size][/font]

[color=indigo]Okay, I seriously think I am going to have to get one of these. There've been a lot of times that I've wished I could back up save files so that other people could have their own file, such as when I lend out my games to my friends. Also, this'd let me trade save files with my friends if we both have the same game, which I've wished I could do on a few occasions.

And I looked on eBay, and it appears that you can get an 8 Mb stick for $12, including shipping, which isn't any more than a GCN memory card. I think that's pretty good, considering how many save files you'll be able to fit on the thing. As soon as I get some money transfered to my Paypal acount I'll have to order one.[/color]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Purple]Memory Stick? Pardon the randomness, but I just got an image of someone jamming something into the side of their head and injecting gingko.

Whatever. I have heard of this before, but never knew exactly what it did (tch--you figure'd they patent this a long time ago). Already, I'm seeing relief in being able to have more than one save file in Pokemon. Big relief. I'd be able to sleep easy knowing my Lv.100 Shuckle won't "die" by accident. o.O;

And yeah, it would enhance the replayability! ^_^ I'm already thinking about getting one myself.

And what the hell is a [i]BrainBoy?[/i] Is it like a...er, Memory Stick? #>_>#[/COLOR][/size]

The brainboy is one of the first mem cards created for the gameboy but it could only save gbc and under. It was created by pelican and is still being sold. It is also a pokemon blue/red cheat device. They also made one to cheat on gold/silver(called monsterbrain), but they didn't create anymore mem cards/cheat devices after these two. If you click on the link that is in my first statement it will fully explain it to you.

Reply to Cyke: Sorry it can't be used while you are playing the game, so you'll have to pop those suckers open and replace the battery if you wanna save them.

Reply to CrH: The way the mem card works is, if the game has a save file, then it backs up that.

Reply to Lynx: I can think of several instances in which the card would be useful. Just a few: secure against siblings, keep your save in case you lose the game or it is stolen, keep the save you have made in your rented games, etc.

I just recieved mine today and it is very easy to use and I know I am going to be very glad for my investment in the future.