OtakuBoards

America's Next Top Model

Pagan

Does anyone watch this show other then me? Who are your favorite girls from the two seasons? Who do you have the most in common with?

This is my favorite show on TV right now. I find the modeling world so interesting. I remember I was asked if I wanted to be a male model and from seeing this show I figured out that I'd rather date models then to be one. I have fallen in love with so many of the girls and I've hated so many others.

Mercedes Scelba is my favorite girl out of everyone that has been on the show. She is so cute, sweet, and genuine. We also like the favorite things. I plan on trying to meet her somewhere in the world hopefully.

I also loved Elyse Sewell. She was all about "high fashion". Her views and outlook on the world were also interesting to me. I really just want to have a conversation with Elyse.

April Wilkner is my final favorite. She is so passionate and has so much drive. We have so much in common it amazes me. She also somewhat believes she is in a different league then everyone else and so do I.

You actually like this show? I think it's ****** up, personally. First of all, I've never bought the whole "reality show" concept. Then there's the fact that I find the concept to be discraceful to women (even though I'm a guy). And, finally, this is the program that replaced Jake 2.0, which I really enjoyed.

Jake 2.0 was a Wednesday show. Top Model replaced Rock Me Baby, and whatever shows UPN replaced the Mullets with.

I hate reality shows, because I find the concept idiotic, but I watch Top Model slowly to laugh at these girls trying so pathetically hard to be models. I'm glad someone made it "easy" for the girls to fulfill their dreams, but honestly, it's not all that worth of my hour.

P.S. Camille got kicked off and I'm still grinning from ear to ear.

[QUOTE=Omar Harris]Jake 2.0 was a Wednesday show. Top Model replaced Rock Me Baby, and whatever shows UPN replaced the Mullets with.
[/QUOTE]

Every Wednesday, right after Enterprise, they rerun the most recent episode of Top Model. That timeslot used to be occupied by Jake 2.0. I'll never understand why the UPN people did that. How they could think that Top Model is an improvement over Jake 2.0 is beyond me.

• 2 weeks later...
[font=Verdana][size=1]Do you know, as shameful as it is for me to admit it, [i]America's Next Top Model[/i] is one of the only shows I watch. We get it on our pay TV, and I watch it on Tuesdays mainly to de-stress. [Yes, I am Australian, watching America's Next Top Model.][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]It isn't that I find it particularly amusing that these girls want to be models. I think most of the fun I get in it is seeing the pictures they've made -- some of them turn out absolutely gorgeous, and I wish I could shoot photography like that. [/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]Anyway, at the moment my favorite contestant is Shandi. I know she's [i]really[/i] hypocritcal with the whole boyfriend issue, but she strikes me as a basically nice person who is just gaining her self esteem. And that photo that was taken in ...what was the place again? >.< The Italian place...anyway, that photo in the pink dress with the huge hair -- they were right in saying the could be an add just as it was. I could picture the glossy pages of the magazine just by looking at it, and I was pretty impressed with it.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]So that's my take at the moment. I watch it mainly as a de-stress thing, but I do enjoy it, even if it is trivial. At least it's somewhat more constructive to the participants lives that something like the mass made "Everyone hook up and then break up so that people all over the world can pretend to share your pain" sort of deal that goes on a lot nowadays.[/size][/font]

Personally, Girlfriends is a great show, as are almost all of UPN's Monday shows (barring the Parkers, which was good but is now being stretched too thin, and Eve, which I never really cared about). I also liked Jake 2.0, Rock Me Baby and One on One, but those are my opinions.