OtakuBoards

Roleplaying Games

Xander Harris

How many of you here play, or have played, in an old-school pen and paper Roleplaying game. Where a bunch of people sit around a table with a Gamemaster running things?

If you have, what game? What is/was the campaign/adventure/dungeon crawl like?

What are your best and worst RPG memories?

What do you like and dislike about Pen and Paper RPGs?

I myself got into RPGs with the old West End Games Star Wars game. I GM'd that for several years before switching to the d20 version. I played Dragonraid for awhile in there at our church. Last year I began a very successful Lord Of The Rings campaign, which was the first long-running campaign of mine to have a satisfactory ending. Everyone really loved that campaign...

I am currently running a game set in a universe of my own creation, about a bunch of bounty hunters fighting demons and vampires in the far future. Think Cowboy Bebop meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

My best memory would have to be when our Lord Of The Rings Campaign ended. We watched ROTK and played the final session in the same day.

Worst would have to be the time only one person showed up...

I love RPGs because it gives me a great creative outlet, and provides far more unpredictabilty and versatility than any video game or TV show.

AAhhh yes... pen and paper RPG's are really fun, if you have a good group to play with.

I stopped playing Dungeons and Dragons I guess, about a year and a half ago, half because my friends and I overplayed it for the amount of sourcebooks we had and could afford, and half because my DM let me turn my PC into a demilich, and we had the epic level handbook to boot, so I ended up devising a spell combination that let me deal around 8000-9000 damage with... shoot I forget the name of the spell, it was the one that dealt 300d6 I believe, in the epic level spells.

I was never one for being Dungeon Master myself, because I always liked to make quirky campaigns with alot of story driven aspects, alot of narrative, and alot of NPC interaction in towns. Even though my players loved this, as the usual DM's I played with had the 'ol "bait the players with rewards of powerful items and experience" method, they never really finished a campaign of mine because it just got too complicated overtime with the players sometimes conflicting interests of what to do when, and then occasionally just dick around and screw things up and you know.

But yeah, DnD is a great game that by all means should be checked out by anyone with an avid imagination and a soft spot for fantasy.

[color=green]I played the Star Wars Roleplaying Game for three years with friends before Star Wars Galaxies came out. Since then, we just play online. It?s a lot more fun, without the labor-intensive plot crafting. You do lose a lot of control over the plot, and it?s much more expensive, but I prefer it to the Pen/Paper game.

I?d have to say my best role-playing experience was during a Shadows of the Empire themed campaign, when all five of us actually showed up and role-played all night. It was a blast, even though we got a little rowdy towards the end.

My worst Role-playing memories are trying to get five people with busy schedules to meet at one of our houses for six hours a week. It was near impossible, but we met pretty much every week. I?d have to say that?s the hardest part of role-playing: getting people together to play.

The main reason we moved from Pen/Paper to Star Wars Galaxies was that I moved away. We were all pretty close, so we decided to all get Galaxies when it came out and role-play using that medium instead. It?s worked out fairly well, but sometimes I miss the plot control and creativity that Pen/Paper RPGs allow?[/color]

hmmm...the pen and paper role playing games. What fun, fond memories. I've played many:

Vampire the masquerade
DnD 2nd Edition and 3d
Modern
Hunter the Reckoning

So many fun things. One of the funest adventure's I played was in modern, when my Shadow Slayer and the other players went into an old mansion to track down an ancient Vampire. The Vampire's minions swarmed through the walls and out of the ground, the others held them off while I went 1on1 with the Vampire. I kicked his *** left and right, never getting hit once :D

My worst memory is from DnD, when my character died from swarms of goblins, then they pissed and crapped all over his corpse... :flaming:
oh well...

[quote name='Transtic Nerve']I never understood role playing games.... and then after meeting the dorks at cons who play RPGs, I'm glad I don't.[/quote]

Let's face it... if you go to cons, you're a dork in the first place lol.

I've never played any of these pencil and paper RPGs. My uncle tried to get me to play GURPs with him and his friends once, but it never got going. In all honesty, it just seems like a lot of work... plus I doubt it's easy to find a decent Dungeon Master (or whatever it might be called in other games).

I do actually own some old copies of AD&D monster and god books. Someone was throwing them out, so I took them when I was younger. They're pretty interesting and I enjoy the pictures lol.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Hey, I still do that! AND I AIN'T A DORK, Transic Nerve! I've played:

Star Wars: Revised Edition
Lord of the Rings
GURPS

Best Memory: When half of my PCs got side-tracked during a victory celebration and ended up with children. (It was funny.)

Worst Memory: This sounds sadistic, but when a level 4 Force Adept with a jetpack killed a level 15 Sith Lord in one move.

I'm a GM at Star Wars, and a PC at LotR and GURPS. GURPS is very difficult. My charecter always gets an inch from death, then goes to the hospital and loses his money. He's an aztec shamen from two thousand years in the future. He has one arm and one eye and can't use half his spells.

LotR is waaaay different. You can't die in that game. Just because Boromir took a bunch of hits, the characters in the game are really good. I've estimated that my dwarf magician/noble can take two-hundred arrows and still fight. Too easy.

Then there's Star Wars. I run three groups of this. Your health goes up with each level and you start off as a worthless commoner. Fun. My GM characters, in my primary group, so far have been a rodian slicer, a human pirate, a quarren thug, a gran crime lord, a hutt, and Boba Fett. (They really needed a miracle.)

I think that it takes a little more work and talent than most people would expect to run a pen/tabletop roleplay game. You have to come up with stuff from your head and it makes you smarter. It's been proven in my case. I've had all kinds of encounters, from terrorists in the jungle, to fights on a podrace track, to melee under a stage. Fun times...[/COLOR]

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New][quote name='Transtic Nerve']I never understood role playing games.... and then after meeting the dorks at cons who play RPGs, I'm glad I don't.[/quote]

Now, now, no reason to go bashing people just because they understand something you don't.^_~

"Gamemaster". That sounds so...lame. *maniacal laughter*

Well, I must say, it is a great deal of fun being in said position, regardless of what you're called. When my group first decided to start our Dungeons and Dragons campaign, I said, "Well, we'll need a DM." They all looked at me, and gave me no choice than to take the role. Heh. I [I]do[/I] PC every so often, but seeing as my favourite character, Xanaphia (I know, unoriginal--hate me--but it was just so COOL), is a level 10 Rogue (she has cleave, which is always great fun--she can also deflect arrows *nyah*), and they're all, like, level 1, 2, & 3... *sigh* Xanaphia only pops in when they're about to be eaten by giant lions or something...heh.

Our campaigns tend to get a little wacky, as I see no reason to dissallow Yuan-tis, Drow, etcetera from being valid PCs. We also have a Half Dragon in our ranks...her desperation tactic is to sit on the ground and scream "DADDY!!!!!!!!" :p
The problem is, my campaigners keep inviting more people in. So, I'm stuck dealing with seven people yelling at each other. Now, they're all old friends, but it gets rather hectic. *sweat* o_o Two of them keep making inuendos at each other across the dice-rolling-surface. Their respective characters are a Half-Orc and a Drow.

*ahem* I'll just let you finish laughing/O__o ing.

My best RPGing memory? Hmmm...I guess it's gotta be the time (in my first campaign, where I was a PC) our Druid and Wizard defeated a collosal black dragon by summoning Celestial Killer Whales. Over its head. Three times.
Also, when I, for all purposes, [B]defeated a giant black dragon with A SLING[/B]. The Dungeon Master looked as though he might have wrung my neck after that. :D

The worst memory? When my friend had a ***** fit over one puny inconsistancy. *mutter*

The only thing I really dislike about paper RPGs is how Wym keeps forgetting his character sheets at my house. Actually, this is kind of fun: his name is now Hoppy the Happy Bunny. He weighs 90 000 000lbs. and is 3" tall.

^_^

Good times...

EDIT: our group is called The Buoyancy Force. We even have a wallpaper--I made it, of course.^^ My friends sort of leave me in charge of making the final sketches of their characters, and always consult me about clothing designs...seems kind of out of place, eh?[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

I play CyberPunk2020 but I have AD&D,Chill and Shadow Run sitting on one of the many bookcases in the computer room at my Dad's house.CyberPunk 2020 is well set in the year 2020.Its in a way a less technologiacally advadced version of Cowboy Bebop the time period I mean.There are nine diffrent character types, techies, netrunners, corprates, fixers, nomads, solos, cops, rocker(boy)s, and medias

We haven't really progressed that far in the current campaign I am involved in but so far so good.In the current campaign that I am in the charater I have is a female techie.She's not really well off but she deals.The group I play with is comprised of five people.
Since I am relitivly new to pen and paper RPGs I dont really have any memories I am exceptionally fond of of that haunt my mind with every roll of my translucent purple dice.

There really isn't any think I dislike about about pen and paper RPGS.Thought there are many thing I like about them.Personally I prefer them over RPG style video games.One of the things I really like about them is that you can use your imagination and creativity more than you can in a predesigned video game.And you can develop your character to a point where to you they are like their own seprate being.

[QUOTE=Transtic Nerve]I never understood role playing games.... and then after meeting the dorks at cons who play RPGs, I'm glad I don't.

[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]Okay, first off, I'm not a dork. I'm some poor woman who married a guy who likes to play pretend with his friends. I'm also a bit of a freak and so is my husband.

As for understanding RPGs-I don't really understand it either. I think I have a better chance of understanding [b]R[/b]ocket [b]P[/b]ropelled [b]G[/b]renades than I do [b]R[/b]ole [b]P[/b]laying [b]G[/b]ames.

Also, if you go to game cons, I have to conceed that you're as dorky as everyone else.

Okay, that's cleared up now for the real post:

My friend and I made up our own pen and paper game and played it during biology in high school. At least I think that's what it was since we wrote out a story for our characters. If I'm wrong, then I've never actually done this type of RPG you speak of.

If I got that definition right let me know. If I got it wrong then uh is pen and paper RPG the same as when you roll dice and act out some of the stuff? Because if that's the case, I've played Vampire the Masquerade once and if you want, I can show you my character[/color]

[COLOR=Gray][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]Okay, first off, I'm not a dork. I'm some poor woman who married a guy who likes to play pretend with his friends. I'm also a bit of a freak and so is my husband.

As for understanding RPGs-I don't really understand it either. I think I have a better chance of understanding [b]R[/b]ocket [b]P[/b]ropelled [b]G[/b]renades than I do [b]R[/b]ole [b]P[/b]laying [b]G[/b]ames.

[/QUOTE]

That's what everybody says, until they start playing. It actually makes perfect sense after a few hours.^^

The thing most people find unusual is girl's playing paper-RPGs. I don't know what's so weird about this, but the masses seem to find it quite odd. Well, the ignorant masses, that is. :p

[I]"You have to appeal to the ignorant masses!" "Are you an ignorant mass?" "Why, yes."[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I'd have to say it's not WEIRD that occasionally, there's a girl that roleplays, it's just not a common sight, and some of the other roleplayers that have absolutely no life other than role playing, can't help but think:

"THANK YOU GOD!" because they can't get dates at all otherwise. But that's just those kinds of people. People usually react like that because it's not really a common sight to see a girl roleplaying in anything other than movies. At least around where I live it isn't anyway...

Anyhow I though of another worst gamming moment:

My friend Jesse had a level three Ogre warrior (DnD 2nd Ed.) on a ship. This ogre was from a particular tribe that grew Some potent shrooms :D and was possessed by a crazed demon that made random appearances. Anyhow, he's sittin below decks, and the whole left side of the ship disapeares in cannon fire, and a cannon ball nearly takes his head off.
He got pissed, grabbed three gunpowder kegs, launched himself onto their ship, and My friend Josh's marksman saw the powder kegs on the ogre's back... :devil: and shot them, blowing up the ogre and both the ships, killing everyone onboard both of them...

I was Dming that one...It wasn't supposed to go like that...

[COLOR=DarkRed]I wish my PCs were creative like that. They just shoot and swing until they die. Except when they do irrevalent things like decide how to punch a person to inflict more pain. Damage is damage.

Ooh! One of my friends is in LotR. She's an elf, GO FIGURE! Freakin elves. She stole a sword I brought to show off. She had to "bond" with the dangerous weapon.[/COLOR]

Yah, I'd like to check out CyberPunk 2020 someday, but I think I had better get Dnd 3.5 first. My current campaign has some cyberpunk elements in it (how can anyone's home-brew world avoid them in this post-Matrix age ;) ) but I have yet to do any pure cyberpunk.

On the issue of GURPS characters dying too easily: well, they do if they don't buy armor or health, Farto (hint, hint). With armor and a few decent Health checks, GURPS characters can take quite a bit of punishment. And the more lethal combat system encourages players to think twice before whipping out their weapons and charging ahead.

Also, high level D20 characters are just as hardy as LOTR characters, maybe more so, since D20 characters don't suffer penalties as they take wounds.

I'm surprised more girls don't roleplay. There is a huge amount of females who read fantasy fiction, and a sizable amount that write it. Plenty of girls like acting. And if you show me a women who doesn't enjoy social interaction, I'll show you a funtioning computer without a CPU. So why don't more women roleplay? Mainly, I think, because so many groups are already made of tons of men, and because of some of the social stigma put onto the hobby by fundamentalist baptist preachers. But I think that there is nothing about the medium itself that turns off ladies, in fact, as I said earlier, I think there are many reasons why girls would [I]like[/I] roleplaying. Men just need to be more open to the possibility, and let the girls actually play the game instead of spending the whole time hitting on them or demeaning them.

I agree with Godelsensei that RPG is not confusing at all once you see it done. People get intimidated by the rulebooks, or think you are talking to your friends in code, but once you see roleplaying being done (and better yet, participate yourself) then it makes perfect sense.

That's all I have to say about that for now.

[COLOR=Gray][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]You know, Xander, I have a hypothosis of my own as to why so few girls are addicted to RPing.

It's because so many of us are air-headed, boy-crazy, bra-snapping cheerleaders who think about nothing aside from how to catch some one looking at their ***.
You can't call me sexist: I am a girl, and I must say, I find myself frequently appalled by how some (young, especially) women allow themselves to be treated like objects.

Oh, sorry about that, my world-weary, cynical(-er than usual) side just took over for a moment. That happens every so often...

Anyway, I guess you have a point about male-dominated RPing groups. However, considering the kind of guys I know who RP, it's more likely that they would run away in fear if a girl asked them for the time, than their being intimidating.
Or maybe I've just had an elongated run-in with those kinds of guys when it comes to RPing. I mean, my male friends find a great amount of joy in cooking and knitting...

Anyway, though I have a great attachment to the good ol' fantasy-world campaign, I would love to play one of those awesome-looking urban RPGs. I saw the core rulebook of one (incidentally, I do not remember its name), and instantly fell in love with the art and the concept. RPing in a perpetual Queen SW--cool. :cool:

I must say, though, the art in DMG ver. 3.5 is a bit of a let-down. The [I]Assasin[/I] and [I]Kick in the Door[/I] are really the only two pictures I found myself in love with. Well, those and the image of the lady wearing the Cloke of Arcidna. And those uber-awesome pseudo-stones.^^
Oh, 'Song and Silence', how I lust to have you for my own! Rogues and Bards are the best classes. Ever. Period. Assasin is the greatest Prestige class, of course...come on, it's a freaking NINJA!!

Oops...there I go, ranting again...heheheh...^^"[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Xander, my species gives me a natural damage reduction and I have heavy kevlar, the best there is. I spent almost 1000 dollars on armor and I still almost die every time. GURPS is too difficult and easy to die in. Especially when the GM likes to make invinsible (sp?) demons to kill us. Besides, only one of our group members is a moron and his name will not be said.

[B][CENTER][SIZE=4]KYLEN![/SIZE][/CENTER][/B]

It was not said, it was yelled.

[QUOTE=Godelsensei][COLOR=Gray][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]You know, Xander, I have a hypothosis of my own as to why so few girls are addicted to RPing.

It's because so many of us are air-headed, boy-crazy, bra-snapping cheerleaders who think about nothing aside from how to catch some one looking at their ***.
You can't call me sexist: I am a girl, and I must say, I find myself frequently appalled by how some (young, especially) women allow themselves to be treated like objects.

[/QUOTE]

Heh. Were I also a girl and equally immune to charges of sexism, I would agree with you.

[QUOTE=Godelsensei][
Anyway, I guess you have a point about male-dominated RPing groups. However, considering the kind of guys I know who RP, it's more likely that they would run away in fear if a girl asked them for the time, than their being intimidating.
Or maybe I've just had an elongated run-in with those kinds of guys when it comes to RPing. I mean, my male friends find a great amount of joy in cooking and knitting...
[/QUOTE]
Actually, the few times we have had girls at our RPG table, I think we treated them well. I think people were actually more polite and civil with the girls there :-)

However, I've read some stories online about groups where that wasn't the case.

The time my one friend's girlfriend came was a disaster, though. She flirted with the other players (primarily by throwing dice at them) the whole time, and complained that the game was violent :rolleyes:

I don't own any version of Dungeons and Dragons, but since the D20 system is so easy to learn and so popular, and since I like some of the DnD novels and video games, I'd like to get a hold of it one of these days. The problem is it's so darn expensive (three books). Of course, I've probably spent that much on GURPS books, and far more on Star Wars, so who am I to talk?

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]Oh, but invisible monsters are so much FUN to sick on your campaigners!

Similarly, some fun plot twists are as follows:

-And then, you all fall over dead: you haven't eaten in a week.
-You knock out. You haven't slept in three days.
-The gruel from the prison was poisoned.
-Woops! A Lich just had some nasty thoughts about you. You're all dead.~_^
-You can't swim in full plate armor: you drown.

Heheheh...

You acted more civil with girls [I]there[/I]?! Dude, that's, like, woah... (pardon the stupid expression: it's become customary for me in situations like this...please don't ask) I think you'd be surprised at the kind of stuff an all-girls campaign (this is how ours started, Yin and Gil just BEGGED to join us--really) includes. For instance, I have two campaigners whose first response to every tough situation is to throw themselves at the enemy (after removing the majority of their clothing). _ _U

Actually, one of them is a male Half-Orc, so this gets rather...eugh.

Some day, I would like to RP with your group.

Yeah, the books are crazy expensive. However, my DMG cost only $30.00 because of cupons and loopholes in sales and stuff.^_^

[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Godelsensei][COLOR=Gray][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]You know, Xander, I have a hypothosis of my own as to why so few girls are addicted to RPing.

Oh, sorry about that, my world-weary, cynical(-er than usual) side just took over for a moment. That happens every so often...

.^^"[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]Well, I can honestly say that I'm not one of those girls :devil: I'm witty, intelligent and I crack dirty jokes when the mood hits. Of course, I did attend school with some of those girls and gave myself a migrain grr! :flaming:

My RPG experiance was with my husband and a few people he knew at our apartment in Texas. I enjoyed it mostly because the guys weren't overly serious and I got to have an attitude problem

I haven't done any other gaming since then because I'm too busy and I really can't picture myself doing another one anytime soon.

The best part of the game well-there were a few cool parts. I got to kill off my sire (we played Masqurade), toss around insults and go off on a guy both in and out of character because this guy tried to tell me where to sit in my own house. As if.

Worst well, the same guy I went off on was a bit of a slob, we ended having to make him carry around a trash bag when he came in or he wouldn't get his experiance points. He also tried to have some sort of super character so Lincoln (who was the Game Directer guy) ended up making all this crap happen to him like getting attacked and beaten by a goul and losing all his charm points. That was actually fun in a way. Oh, but as happens in Military land, everyone started getting ready to deploy so bye bye people. We had two peope not show up once and I ended up falling asleep on the couch from listeningto German Death metal while the other three guys did some mission thing. That was probably best and worst-along with people showing up too early so Lincoln and I couldn't spend time alone when he got home from work.:flaming:

I kind of wish I knew of a group of people who wanted to do an RPG, but I don't think I'm serious enough to go over to Millenium on Jefferson Rd and try to play since 1 some of the guys might knock themselves over and two once I started I'd stil act silly. Oh and the pregnancy thing-well, maybe I could do something with that.

I definately agree with sensei and Xander, more girls should Role Play it's a great stress relief[/color]

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]*maniacal laughter*

Especially when you're the DM, Chibbi, especially when you're the DM.

Haha--I can picture that. Pregnant lady rolling dice screaming, "Oh yeah!! You're going down, BIOTCH!!" Remind me to remind you to film it.

Yeah, demoralizing "super-characters" is always fun. You see, in my campaign, one of my friends just HAD to be a Yuan-ti. So, I agree and impliment a reasonable number of restrictions. But NO, he wants to constrict, dig 40km/h, secrete acid and swim. Underground. At the same time.

So, I appeared him a shovel. *shrug* I have to get meaner as a DM...>.>

We actually tried to introduce the game to a school-chum who we've known for a long time. However, she ended up leaving when we started lingo-ing and cheering...*sigh* You try to show people something wonderful, and what do they do? Mumble something about homework and amble home. Homework. On a Friday!

Hmph.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Just to make it clear, my previous post wasn't spam. I was giving my opinion on my experience with RPGs.

Anyway, I don't undertsand RPGs. I never will. I've played enough stupid RPG games to know I won't, and face it, pen and pencil RPGs are even more boring. I don't understand how you can have fun writing down something you're pretending to be. Maybe my imagination doesn't work in the writing sense as much as it does in the visual sense.

I love RPGs. I've played:

DnD (2nd and 3rd)
Werewolf:The Apocalypse
Shadowrun
Mind's Eye Theater Changeling LARP

I'v eplaying RPGs for a lonnng time. I have a char I started in 2nd edition, who has been retired with honors since than. He was a half-elf cleric, who, in 3rd edition attained 16th level. Than, we started a new game because our chars got too powerful. My current DnD character is Sir Eduardo Hernandez Salvador de Castille Santiago. We are playing a knight campaign, centered around political intrigue. My character's family is currently involved in an attempt to lead the Northern lords in rebellion against the king. Orcs are attacking our borders, and one of my travelling companions turns out to be the kings Nephew and 3rd in line to the throne. (Marquis Verdan Dracon d'Lyon)

My best gaming moment was probably when my character wiped out aout a dozen orcs, and an ogre single handedly. That, or the time my cleric Flame-struck a single orc mage.

Worsdt has to be when my first Werewolf character died on our 2nd session :grumble:

Guest lavalamp
[QUOTE=Godelsensei][COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]
We actually tried to introduce the game to a school-chum who we've known for a long time. However, she ended up leaving when we started lingo-ing and cheering...*sigh* You try to show people something wonderful, and what do they do? Mumble something about homework and amble home. Homework. On a Friday!

Hmph.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I'd do the same thing.

I think it's bizarre and if I were to ever do something like that I wouldn't post about it on a message board because it would be a huge guilty pleasure.

Which, thankfully, it isn't.

[QUOTE]The time my one friend's girlfriend came was a disaster, though.

hey, my boyfriend ivited me to my first time two weekends ago...it was pretty fun. every one was surprised to see a chick there.

we had two dms, one of them sent me an mikes female samurai to a berlesk house where she cheated on me::grrr, lol:: because i offered her/him my bed, even tho i didnt have a place to sleep, an so the other dm only heard half so he almost killed us...

it was pretty funny...except they kept refering to 2bitDnD...i hadnt seen it then.

man, their going to play tomarrow. vogan was talking about them doing on pc or sumthin an that i wouldnt like...why do guys alwasy assume(sp?) chciks don't like games?!

yeah, i've been wanting to play for about 3half years now, i got a 3rd edition handbook back in eigth grade.

Ah, RPGs. I love those things. I've played a bit of the Star Wars RPG, but I didn't like it that much. D&D, on the other hand, is a great game. The only problem is the only person I can play with is my younger brother, as there is NOBODY in my area who isn't too busy watching 'MTV Cribs', or whatever that show's called. My character is a human fighter (I know, I'm boring) who has had almost no experience, again due to the lack of play.

Another game that I absolutely love to play is Marvel Heroclix. I'm quite sure this qualifies as an RPG, as you role-play superheroes during a game. :rolleyes: For those who don't know what it is, Heroclix is a collectible miniatures game where you pit characters against each other. I'm hooked on the Marvel Comics aspect, but there's also DC, and Indy comics. The gameplay has also been transformed to enter the MechWarrior universe, and there's a D&D-esque version called MageKnights. I'm just a comic nut. ^^; Anyone play?