OtakuBoards

A New Sig- Ryu

Shippo

[color=dimgray] It's been a while since the last time I've made a banner. Been pretty busy I guess. Anyway, I managed to make a banner after finding an awesome picture of Ryu from Street Fighters. [/color]

[color=#696969][img]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18009&stc=1[/img][/color]

[color=#696969]I worked really hard on this banner, and I'd be [b]more[/b] than happy, if someone would post feedback.[/color]

Wow, I never knew you had that kind of skill. The brushing in the background is superb. That's what caught my eye at first. Great transitions from light to dark as well as a nice design. The stock is a little dark, but that's just my opinion I suppose. I would adjust the brightness a little bit and blur it extremely slightly to solve a bit of the graininess. The text placement is pretty good as well, taking up a bit of the negative space.

Great job ;)

I've never been a fan of random abstract backgrounds with a picture on top, but this turned out rather well. Nice job.

As for the blur thing Kinetic mentioned... If you use Photoshop, Smart Blur is your best friend. I've fixed a lot of cartoon/drawn images thanks to that. Saves time over doing it manually heh.

[quote name='Ryoko T.D.C.][color=blue']Shippo, you are very good at this stuff! Really! I still have the first one you ever made me! I worship you oh mighty Shippo. *grovels at your feet* I'm not worthy of your greatness.[/color][/quote][color=#30415d]Remember, constructive criticism. ~_^ ([url="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=32738"]click[/url]) Very few of your posts lately have actually went into specifics about an art piece, and you'll need to read through the rules a little more.[/color]

[size=1][color=darkred]Talk about eye candy. It's really difficult to say anything about this without adding a fan-girl type of reaction, hehe.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=#8b0000]The abstract background sets the mood perfectly, I love how it works with the image and enhances the broody/dark/determined look the guy is sporting. [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=#8b0000]Speaking of the guy, his placement is spot on. You left a tiny bit of space between the border and the image, eliminating the dangers of making it feel squishy.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=#8b0000][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=#8b0000]The text placement is just right also, though (and this is my only objection) it would help if the second line of text could be darkened [i]ever so slighty[/i]. As of now it's just barely readable, but I am guessing it's meant to be less prominent ?[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=#8b0000]My favourite aspect of this banner is what you did with the border, making the lines cross each other and create little boxes in the corners. It makes the already awesome banner look very professional and sleek.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=#8b0000]Lovely work, Shippo ![/color][/size]