OtakuBoards

Vicissitude

Kinetic

[url="http://www.deviantart.com/view/5842812/"]http://www.deviantart.com/view/5842812/[/url]

This all started out as I was playing with the selection tool, just trying to see how it works, as I'm hoping to expand my style of art. I'm always just making 3D Renders, airbrushing slightly, and blending them like mad to make my backgrounds, but that hectic and crystalic lifestyle is just tiring me lately. I decided to try out a bit of simplicity and I just couldn't stop. I really enjoyed making this and it took an extremely long time, but I love the result.

The odd shapes symbolize the mazes and seemingly contortions of reality that we must face ever day. The change in color, as my last (I think it was my last) deviation exemplifies, symbolizes a vicissitude, or sudden change in life, such as the death of a loved one or a new person who you are fond of.

The image symbolizes all these elements of life, and I hope you all enjoy it :)

Heehee. I almost replied to this on deviant. Fortunately I did not. ^^

It is so un-Kinetic. I never ever expected something like this from you. But I really love it. The colors are smooth, mellow, and lovely. The actual background kind of looks like you can see other copies of the shapes in the foreground. That makes it seem like it goes on and on, back in time. Really neat effect. The shapes in themselves are neat. I like everything about them. You should be really pleased with this. It came out amazing.

I'm not sure I can say anything else; unless of course you want to continue with a string of compliments? ^^ I have said it before, and I will say it again...

KINETIC IS TEH ROXORS!!!!!!11 ^__^

It's always nice to get comments from you, but you praise me far too much, lol.

I really do enjoy this though. It was originally a monochromatic piece, only using a yellowish-brownish tint, but I really wasn't enjoying it, so I decided to add the color in there, since that's something I've been using to symbolize life lately. Kinetic is not teh roxors, but he makes due. Lol

hmm......im not sure......*pose*

Ok.....first off.....the colours, they're beautiful, couldnt fault them if I tried, the fact that you've blended the border in somewhat is a nice touch also.

The fact that you have a point behind, and appreciate the point that this image portrays adds to why I respect it, more than like it.

Graphically though, the middle parts, the jagged parts in the foreground, I dont like, at all. I think its the emboss/bevel that makes it look...almost tacky, to me. The plus signs and the circle-ish design, I love, very nice touch.

On the whole, I must say, this is one of your better pieces, to me anyway, since I love the softness of the background. And the colours match ;)

i'd give this a 9 but the bevel lets it down for me, so, 8/10

[font=Verdana][size=2][QUOTE=Kenji]hmm......im not sure......*pose*[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2]Ok.....first off.....the colours, they're beautiful, couldnt fault them if I tried, the fact that you've blended the border in somewhat is a nice touch also. [/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2]The fact that you have a point behind, and appreciate the point that this image portrays adds to why I respect it, more than like it. [/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2]Graphically though, the middle parts, the jagged parts in the foreground, I dont like, at all. I think its the emboss/bevel that makes it look...almost tacky, to me. The plus signs and the circle-ish design, I love, very nice touch.[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2]On the whole, I must say, this is one of your better pieces, to me anyway, since I love the softness of the background. And the colours match ;)[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2]i'd give this a 9 but the bevel lets it down for me, so, 8/10[/QUOTE] [/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]Honestly, I was really risking it with that bevel. Back when I had only a monochromatic image with no brushing in the background, I thought that I needed more depth, and I hadn't messed with the perspective on the circle/plus symbols yet, so I basically had none. I guess I just forgot to see what it would look like without the bevel once I reached this point. I do agree though, it's tacky. I'm going to take it out for my personal issues with it, but I probably won't repost it because I'm just lazy.[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2][b]E D I T:[/b] Ok, I uploaded the new one. Didn't take too much effort so I was up to it ^_^;[/size][/font]

[size=1][color=#800000]Like I said in your myO ([/color][/size][url="http://www.myotaku.com/users/kinetix/"][size=1][color=black]http://www.myotaku.com/users/kinetix/[/color][/size][/url][size=1][color=#800000] hehe) looking at it made me think of bows and snowflakes. Bows are usually wrapped around a gift, they bring forth a reaction of joy and anticipation. The image actually resembles a bow being untied and the content is being revealed (in my silly mind, hehe).[/color][/size]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=#800000]Snowflakes falling are a beautiful sight, but can also be regarded with sadness. ("Rain is tears from heaven", sort of.) And when you look closer at a snowflake, the crystalised tear, it's shape is rather sharp and the snow is cold.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=#800000]So with your interpretation in mind, I can see how it conveys both the joys of life as well as the sadness and pain. And how life can either unravel before your eyes, or have you lost in its maze-like design.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=#800000]If I look at it purely aesthetically, the colors are very soft and sort of well proportioned over the image. The pink and purple are dominant, so the orange/brown that is there is not as well merged in as I think it could be (but that's just me)[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][color=#800000]The frame is nicely done and the color-change effect suits it perfectly.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=#800000]You're getting better ^__^[/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE=Mimmi][size=1][color=#800000]Like I said in your myO ([/color][/size][url="http://www.myotaku.com/users/kinetix/"][size=1][color=black]http://www.myotaku.com/users/kinetix/[/color][/size][/url][size=1][color=#800000] hehe) looking at it made me think of bows and snowflakes. Bows are usually wrapped around a gift, they bring forth a reaction of joy and anticipation. The image actually resembles a bow being untied and the content is being revealed (in my silly mind, hehe).[/color][/size]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=#800000]Snowflakes falling are a beautiful sight, but can also be regarded with sadness. ("Rain is tears from heaven", sort of.) And when you look closer at a snowflake, the crystalised tear, it's shape is rather sharp and the snow is cold.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=#800000]So with your interpretation in mind, I can see how it conveys both the joys of life as well as the sadness and pain. And how life can either unravel before your eyes, or have you lost in its maze-like design.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=#800000]If I look at it purely aesthetically, the colors are very soft and sort of well proportioned over the image. The pink and purple are dominant, so the orange/brown that is there is not as well merged in as I think it could be (but that's just me)[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][color=#800000]The frame is nicely done and the color-change effect suits it perfectly.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=#800000]You're getting better ^__^[/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE]
Wow, that was the best comment I've had on a piece in a while :)

Symbolic-wise, I completely see where you're coming from. I actually quite enjoy your interpretation more than what I gained out of it. I really wish I had that kind of eye for this sort of thing. Thanks alot :)

It's different i'll give you that -_o. Really my biggest problem is with the color blending... the blending from the purple-blue to orange should have been more gradual. Anyway some test or something would possibly look nice -_o then again this style of art kind of bores me now as well. I used to like 3D art and I still do enjoy looking at the awesome pieces at DA but right now atleast for me i'm into creating actual objects and layouts -_o. I guess it's kind of a gradual progression =O. First it's 3D then 2D then you move on into real/practical objects :P.

My eyes travel around the edge of the picture for some reason, clockwise. When my eyes get to about 7 or 8 o'clock, they move it, to see this shattered symbol.

I thought that it was a picture of anxiousness and energy, as I felt like I wanted to run a mile or two when I saw it.

[size=1][color=darkred]God.

I wish I could make something approaching the....awesomeness that is this piece. It is...
Amazing.
Wonderful.
Compelling.

A truly nice piece. The colour scheme is delicious... it reminds me of Passiona. The funny little clock-like things remind me of...clocks. It seems to me to be a dreamy scene... the vortex of time being whirled away, leaving only the soft background and shimmering colours. A glorious mirage of...beauty.

I must say that I truly admire this piece.

Lovely work.[/size][/color][size=1]

Aesthetics: 9.5/10
Technical: 9/10[/size]

You guys really do praise this too much :) Honestly, I love the attention and comments it's getting, but I think it's overrated. It's horribly small. But if you like this, then hopefully you'll like my next one. It's got basically the same premise, but it's 1000x1200. I'm also working on making the composition more enjoyable on this one. It's odd working with this size though, because it's a vertical rectangle instead of a horizontal one. We'll see what happens with it though :)

To Hittokiri: That's actually the route I've been taking ^_^;

All of my earlier pieces consisted of abstract 3D renders either resting with some airbrushing or 3D renders that I've contorted massively and blended with duplicates even more contorted to make the crystallic looking backgrounds. I've been avoiding modeling for a while because it intimidates me and my computer locks up every time I run 3D Studio Max now, but hopefully I'll get into it in the future :)