OtakuBoards

Been Dumped...

Swordsaint

Agh! It's been a crapy weekend, and a horrible day. Our school's prom was on Saturday, and two days before, after I had gotten a tux, tickets to get in, and dinner reservations, My girlfriend decides she doesn't want to go. :( And to add to the whole thing her MOM told me she didn't want to go. :mad:

And just today...I found out from one of my friends that knows her that she had gotten a new boyfriend about 6 days ago. :( :flaming: :(
All these things she 'neglected' to tell me. The way I'm seeing it, is that it's her loss not mine. Or at least I'm trying to.

Anyhow, what I want to know is, when/if you've been dumped like that, how'd you react and what did you do about it. I could use a few pointers because I really want to break her new boyfriends arms and legs with a spiked bat right now.

[QUOTE=Swordsaint]

Anyhow, what I want to know is, when/if you've been dumped like that, how'd you react and what did you do about it. I could use a few pointers because I really want to break her new boyfriends arms and legs with a spiked bat right now.[/QUOTE]
How about moving on?

Also: you went ahead and went to prom right?

[quote]
originally posted by [b]Swordsaint[/b]
Anyhow, what I want to know is, when/if you've been dumped like that, how'd you react and what did you do about it. I could use a few pointers because I really want to break her new boyfriends arms and legs with a spiked bat right now.[/quote]

[size=1][color=darkgreen]Break her new boyfriend's arms and legs, I would be breaking her arms and legs, Swordsaint!

You have a right to be really pissed off about this whole thing, but if I was in your position I wouldn't be pissed at the guy she's going out with now, I would be ticked off at her! Telling you TWO days before prom that she didn't want to go is just bull ****! This basicly tells you that she has no respect for you or your feelings at all! Now, if it had been a month before prom, that would be different, but two days? Crazy *****....

Now... if I were you, I would try to move on and just make as little contact with her as you can... or, if you still want to be her friend, you should try to get her somewhere alone so you can talk to her. Basicly... you should put the past behind you, you can't forget the past, but you can ignore it and go on with life.

I for one really don't know how your feeling because.. well... I'v never really had a boyfriend (or girlfriend at that >.>) but I do know I would be really pissed if someone dumped me and didn't want to go to prom two days before it happened.

Just don't blame this on her new guy... From what she did, I would feel sorry for him... [/size][/color]

Thats kind of cruel, but if I was dumped I wouldn't care you never wanna let people know they got you down in the dumps. I myself wouldn't worry about getting dumped its nothing really they say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger it really just matters how long the two of you have been dating that may affect how sad you feel about the breakup though.

You can get a new girlfriend its not that hard just feel bad for the new guy he will have to hope that she will not do to him what she did to you probably in a way worse than you got dumped.

I myself have never been dumped I am thinking about asking out one of these two girls at my school though there probably is a low chance of them saying yes, but at least I know I would have tried.

I am sorry to hear about your situtation. That was very cruel of her to do that to you. You deserve to be with someone who give you the respect you deserve. If she cared about you she would have been upfront and honest about wanting to go out with someone else and not wanting to go to the prom.

I wouldn't take out your anger on the new guy. He is with a girl who obviously doesn't care about others feelings and he will see her true colors soon enough. If she was willing to do that to you, what will she do to him? Maybe he will dump her and she will end up all alone. Whatever happens, happens.

Hope you are feeling better and don't let this get you down. Breaking up is difficult no matter what the situation. Best of luck to you.

[color=orange][size=1] Whoa...what a crappy girlfriend. I have a friend just like you. He has some sort of aura that gets him dumped by everu girl a week before any dance we go to. You guys should for a support group. ^_^ Sorry, I know that's kinda mean. Anyway, I agree with the others before me. You should just try to move one and not worry about her too much. I mean, who else can tell their grandchildren that they got dumped two days before prom, but still has the balls to go by themselves anyway?![/color][/size]

[color=darkviolet][b]Unrealisticall, but idealistically[/b]:

Tell everyone that she stuffs her bra and sleeps around with everyone. Oh, and you were going to break up with her at prom so you're glad she saved you all the aggrivation. You could even throw in a few good STDs for good measure you think you might have gotten from her. :eek:

[b]Realisticaly[/b]

Realize that she really wasn't the right person for you since you deserve someone who will be honest with you even when the relationship is over. Know that soon this guy may see through her-of course, don't help because you'll come off as a jaded and jealous ex-boyfriend.

As for the whole question about being dumped-once, in first grade by the boy I sat next to on the bus. It was bad, but I got over it by recess.

I was usually the dumper since I could sometimes tell that the guy was about to issue walking papers. I broke up with one of my ex's over the phone by telling him that his breath was like Altoids in reverse, I was looking to lose some weight and was going to start with him, and my dog was feeling neglected so I had to spend time with her. To make it worse I did it on speaker phone so my friends could listen. I wasn't being completely wrong tho, he was cheating on me.[/color]

[quote name='Swordsaint']Of course I still went to prom, and to dinner and all of that. And I plan on moving on after today when I talk to her[/quote]

[color=indigo]Personally, I have never accomplished anything by talking to an ex right after a relationship ended, things always tend to be a bit too emotionally charged. Either you'll end up dating and break up again or someone will say something they regret later...at least that has been my experience.

Best advice I can give you is to play the nice guy. Sure, your pride is probably messing with you right now but suck it down slick, it will only cause problems. Ignore her new boyfriend, or, even better, be nice to him. Say good things about your ex around your friends and her friends and when someone asks you about the break up use lines like "It was fun while it lasted" and "I guess we just weren't meant for each other". These are classic masculine lines that make you seem both even tempered and slightly reflective at the same time (in other words you won't seem bitter or depressed). If you are too emotional one way or the other you could alienate your ex and scare of potential future dates.

[/color]

Damn near the same thing happened to me, I mean she broke up with me before she technically got her new boyfriend, but she had been cheating on me for apparently two weeks before she gave me the respect to break up with me. Course I went out with her two times after this, not finding out she was cheating and all that until she broke up with me the third time. How I dealt with it....hmmmmmm, I don't think I did. I just ignored her from then on. Always crying on my shoulder about one thing or another and I was like "Oh yeah, I gotta go places, BYE!". Eventually she was completely out of my life, though she still tries to talk to me from time to time. Ignoring people is fun, believe me.

Heh, Yes Ignoring prople is fun.............though it always seems mean.

I've always been the one to be dumped...........I never really got cheated on but I was used by my first girlfriend, she laughed in my face when she said she had been using me. God if i didn't have any honor I coulda punched her right then. But I ignored her after that..........it's just not that important to worry over. If she doesn't stuff like that, she's just a worthless human being.

that really sucks and I feel for you but if you've seen the passion a spikes bat is really painful. Now as to this girl jesus christ she deserves a kick in the pants for being so inconsiderate and hurtful. From what you seem shes doesn't deserve you and I hope you are able to resolve this without feeling too much pain... there's always pain remember that but the best thing is when its all over you'll feel good if you did things right. Feel better~ Sage

Guest ScirosDarkblade
Ok here's what you do (read carefully):

First, establish your undeniable dominance over her new boyfriend. This can be as simple as winning an arm wrestling match or as complicated as making him cry in front of all his friends because you erased his 120-hour Pokemon Silver file. I guess try to beat him at everything you possibly can (and don't even try to take him on in things you're not sure about). That way you can be sure that the, ahem, biatch is a total idiot and never knew what she was doing in the first place.

Second, get a girlfriend hotter than the biatch. It is possible to do this by completing the above step, but rarely. Mostly it involves being a total asshole, because hot chicks dig them (this has been proven, and indeed is the only scientific fact not challenged by any religion). If you just CAN'T be an asshole, well then you have to be either rich/handsome or super powerful. However, the only people to make those last two methods work are Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent, respectfully, so don't consider them "sure things." Finally, there is MY method, which I call the "Sciros's brain-has-conceded-control-to-another-part-of-his-body method":
Walk up to a girl you like, lean on the wall next to her all suave-like, and say, "so I heard from RANDOM POPULAR PERSON that you said you liked me." When she gets all surprised and starts denying whatever, just "shhh" her and say, "now, I don't know if he was making it up or not, but [pause and put on your James Bond face, or your Bruce Wayne face, but for pete's sake not your Carrot-Top face] if I didn't care I wouldn't ask." Now, if she's put off by that, then just deck her in the face and leave; she's not worth your time. If the reaction is at least "shaky" then you can move in with your real pick-up line, or just say "wanna go for a walk?" or something like that. But you have to be very confident about it. Chances of this working: 5%, which beats every other method devised by man for picking up *sober* girls.

Third, you must show off your new, hot girlfriend to your ex and to her inferior boyfriend. The ex will act as if she doesn't care (read this as her being extremely jealous, which she'll be, especially if you tell her right there "she's much better looking than YOU." The inferior boyfriend will simply feel even more inferior, and therefore question how attracted to your ex he really feels.

It's a perfect plan. Now go out there and kick butt and get booty.

I was dumped at proem. Not the night of, but During. It was horrible. I even got a limo, a limo for Godspells sake. And I found out after that she was seeing one of my best friends behind my back. Well I was heart broken to say the least.
I didn’t talk to her for a year after. But as time passed, and after I got a new girlfriend, a much better one that I love more and more daily. I found it easier to forgive. We are now good friends. Don’t worry It hurts now but this to will pass. Now stop moping and get back in the game, there are more fish in the sea than the one that got away.

I think the best advise is to just move on. You don't want to seem all pathetic. If you drone one about it and are all upset around others you'll regret it when you get older.You'll wish you were cooler about it. I've been dumped twice. Once when I was 14 and again at 15. Why? Because I wouldn't put out. They told me over the phone and I never really saw them again. I was a little upset about it but when they told me I laughed and said i felt the same way... even if i didn't :)

And about wanting to break her new guys legs... why? She's the one that went and got someone new. It's not totally his fault. If my man took off with another girl I wouldn't blame her at all. It's his fault if he decides to be a jerk. Just forget about her.

Wow...Igot a lot more responses than I though I would have. Thanks everybody, your kind words warm my soul. Now for some good news and an apology...Iguess it could be called that...

Good News: I called her last night, told her it was pretty gutsy for having her Mom tell me she didn't want to go to prom. And that it was a real show of honesty, dating some other guy behind my back. then I said goodbye, and I plan on leaving it at that.

Apology type thingumy: The whole comment about breaking her new guy's arms and legs was a bit out of line and misplaced anger.

Again thank you all for your kind words, they are well appreciated.