OtakuBoards

.hack//SIGN - spoilers

Guest dabienman

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]undefined[/COLOR
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEN WIT WHAT I WROTE HERE FEEL FREE TO PM ME.
I am going to write the Epitaph of Twilight in full the way it was originally to be wroye but changed in the games and tell you a little bit about Emma the authour and Harald the famous programmer after wards. Keep in mind that this Epitaph has many differences than the one in the first page of this forum.

Unknown where the cursed wave was born...
After the stars doth cross the heavens...
The sky in the East doth darken.And air doth fills with mourning.
From the chosen land beyond the Forest,
to drown all that standa.
Mirage of Deceit, Innis,
Betray all with the flawed image,
and did aid the wave.
And by the power of Magus,
a drop from the wave doth reach the heavens,
and creates a new wave.

With the Wave, Fidchell,
the power to tell the dark future,
hope darkens,sadness and despair rule.
Gorre schemes when swallowed by the Cursed Wave.
Macha seduces with the sweet trap.
Wave reaches the pinnacle, and escape none can.
Only a void remains.
From deep within the void arrives Corbenik.

Yet to return the shadowed one.
Who quests for the Twilight DragonRumbles the Dark Hearth,
And Helba, Queen of the Dark, has raised finally her army.
Apeiron, King of Light, beckons...
At the base of the rainbow they meet.
Against the abominable " Wave, " together they fight.
Alba's lake boils.
Light's great tree doth fall.
Power- all now to droplets turned in the temple of Arche Koeln.
Returns to nothing, this world of shadowless ones.
Never to return, the shadoless one.
Who quests for the Twilight Dragon.

The wife buffeted by the " Waves " turns her back on the field.
The daughte that waited for the shadows repeated,
" For sure... For sure I can go home. "
But the girl did not know...
the truth that waited at the end of the journey,
The eternal mourning of her land.

In the place of the calamitous, only life was known.
After the circling stars
When the Eastern dark void, the air full of despair
In the depths of the divided forest, In the land of Kalma,

Riding fast on the path is Skeith
Bearing Death's shadow it eliminates all that seek to thawrt it.
The Confusing Mirage, Innis
Deceives those that see it with illusions, rescues the Waves

The wave soaring high, When its head is smashed,
A new wave will emerge
To become Magus's power.
When questioning the Wave,
Hope's light will be lost when he speaks of the dark future of where
sorrow and resignation rein
Using Fiddlehiem's Technique

When engulfed by the Wave of Calamity, Gorre will plan
The sweet snare of conciliation is Macha
The Waves, an exceeding maelstrom
Nothing can escape

When you think you have escaped, Tarvos exists
To destroy those with his exceeding cruelty
Upon violent requital, only to remain is the void, the vacant darkness is the harbinger that Corbenik is to appear.

Emma Wielant had studied medical science before experiencing a " pschic phenomenom. " After which, she developed an interest in the metaphysical, and started writing poetry. Later, she died in a car crash. Her epic poem " Epitaph of Twilight. " although unfinished it was used by Harald Hoerwick as the basis of his computer game "Fragment". Harald sold "Fragment" to the Altimit Company ( Survivers of the only surviving computer operating system). Several of the Altimit programers left the company to form Cyber Connect Corp., And released the game "Fragment" under the new name called
"The World". Unfortunately there has been a high turnover at both Altimit and Cyber Connecy Corp. Further more Harald and Emma were the only ones who knew what the original Epitah contained the the basis of the game was made on. The poem still exists but has been changed by fans so just like the one on the first page.

I now also know that the games for the PS2 did not play all the way through the Epitaph of Twilight so it isn't over yet.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS WITH WHAT I WROTE FEEL FREE TO PM ME.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the other day downloading anime i came across ".Hack//sign - 27".
spoiler maybe?
[spoiler]The last episode is 26 as we all know, this episode started out with mimiru and bear going into a "unbalanced dungeon" so mimiru could find somehting out. Mimiru talks about someone who could 1 hit enemies the first time the dungeon was open. (one hitting the enemies is the only way to defeat them in this dungeon). she tells the story of how 3 girls controlled this 1 character and trained her 24/7 and how this female helped 2 weaker characters, a 12 year old girl and college boy. anyways it ends up the strong female character sacrafices her life and goes into crystal form to shoot the remainder of her energy at the monster, but before the weaker characters can heal her the monster falls on her and shatters her rendering her character "unrestorable". Mimiru gtes done telling bear her story as she reaches a partially shattered crystalized person, the strong female character from 2 years ago. and mimiru was the little girl (i think).[/spoiler]

has anyone else seen this? also i have another question:

at the end of episode 26 it says
".hack//SIGN is completed and then to be continued to..."
or at least it says that on my fansub. i was wondering if there were any plans on continueing the .hack//SIGN series or if the games (which i havent played yet) were the continuation or what,thanks, you people seem smart, please answer to the best of you abilities! ^_^

[QUOTE=Maho]
at the end of episode 26 it says
".hack//SIGN is completed and then to be continued to..."
or at least it says that on my fansub. i was wondering if there were any plans on continueing the .hack//SIGN series or if the games (which i havent played yet) were the continuation or what,thanks, you people seem smart, please answer to the best of you abilities! ^_^[/QUOTE][font=Arial][size=1][color=indigo]I'd have to say that, yes, the games are a continuation of the series because [spoiler]in the games they start out with Skeith out chasing Aura and that's what it was doing at the end of episode 26.[/spoiler] So, taking that into consideration, I'd definitely say that the games are the continuation of the series.[/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE=Maho]the other day downloading anime i came across ".Hack//sign - 27".
spoiler maybe?
[color=#000000][spoiler]The last episode is 26 as we all know, this episode started out with mimiru and bear going into a "unbalanced dungeon" so mimiru could find somehting out. Mimiru talks about someone who could 1 hit enemies the first time the dungeon was open. (one hitting the enemies is the only way to defeat them in this dungeon). she tells the story of how 3 girls controlled this 1 character and trained her 24/7 and how this female helped 2 weaker characters, a 12 year old girl and college boy. anyways it ends up the strong female character sacrafices her life and goes into crystal form to shoot the remainder of her energy at the monster, but before the weaker characters can heal her the monster falls on her and shatters her rendering her character "unrestorable". Mimiru gtes done telling bear her story as she reaches a partially shattered crystalized person, the strong female character from 2 years ago. and mimiru was the little girl (i think).[/spoiler][/color]

has anyone else seen this?[/QUOTE][font=Arial][size=1][color=indigo]I have not seen episode 27 yet, but I do know a little about it from much research on the internet. Once I buy the .hack DVD's I'm sure I'll be able to say more on the subject, but, until then...I can't really say much. All I really do know is that [spoiler]the one character that the three girls controlled was named Gardenia and that Gardenia was Mimiru's mentor of somesort.[/spoiler] I believe, I might have to look that up again later, lol.[/color][/size][/font]

Well, the actual show after episode 26 will not continue, because it goes right into the games...I have seen Intermezzo #27, and it takes place either after or during the events in the game (Tsukasa is already able to log out), and it's an OVA.There's another episode after that called "Unison" and...I forget how to get spoiler tags, so I won't say anything else here, but they both exist and are quite interesting...

Watch CartoonNetwork on fridays (Usa central time) at 12:00 a.m. they took off .hack//sign and put on .hack// legend of the twillight bracelet. The first 3 episodes already have been shown. I've seen most of .hack//sign so i know about the shows but not the games. I've also seen the first 3 episodes. I don't know if I posted this according to this thread, sorry if I did this wrong.

[quote name='FLCLdude50']there's a dot hack sign on 1:00 am in saturday morning[/quote][COLOR=#503F86]Welcome to OtakuBoards, FLCLdude50. I understand that you're new, but please take a moment to read through the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]Rules[/URL] page- posts this short would generally be considered spam and would be deleted. In future, be sure to include as much detail as you can. It makes things much more interesting for everyone else to read, heh.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]Yes, well, back on topic, Intermezzo is strictly about Mimiru and why she came to play The World. Unison is likewise unrelated to the plot of //SIGN. Yes, the games are the continuation of the events of //SIGN, and no, there isn't much more to it than that.[/COLOR]

Guest TwilightDragon7
So when Mia said 'For something to be born something must break, she meant in the tv series (.hack//sign) For Aura to be born Tsukasa had to wake up... right?

AND what is that huge upside down cone in .hack infection where Emma recites the epitaph of twilight???? :confused:

[quote name='TwilightDragon7']AND what is that huge upside down cone in .hack infection where Emma recites the epitaph of twilight???? :confused:[/quote]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]That, if I'm not mistaken(I'd have to watch the movie for it again) is [spoiler]AI Harald. I'm pretty sure it is because of how AI Harald looks in .hack//QUARANTINE.[/spoiler][/color][/size][/font]

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=Navy]*clops them on the head* Yes, it's AI Harald. The only difference is that the non-AI Harald is no longer able to access "The World". The AI Harald is merely remenant data that relays to the PC's the origional harald's wishes. That is all for now. *Gates out witha bow*[/COLOR]

I am not so sure that it really is Harald. Other then the shape, there is little evidence to support the theory, and some evidence to possibly disprove it. For instance, the voice speaking is female (most likely meant to be Emma), and not that of Harald. Also, if you notice the background, it is the same stage that you fight Cubia in every time. And third, you see that form at the begining of the game, a time when Harald is still in his "floating stone tablet" form.

That is how I see it, anyway.

Guest kite_shuugo
well this here kite is making the online game for the world! I have a team of people ready to take on this demanding game with head strong knowledge of how to create games and modify characters and make the levels

What? I was only trying to say that this is about .hack//SIGN, not //INFECTION, or //QUARANTINE, or any of the games. And I know that I'm no mod or anything, I just don't want this thread to be closed because of off topic posts...

[COLOR=#503F86]You're right Secily, but please bear in mind that arguing about off-topic posts are still also off-topic ^_~

If it's about the games in relation to the series it's alright. But I'm sure there are already .hack gaming threads in the Play It forum. So if you want to discuss game-making/playing/hacking, then you can do so there.[/COLOR]

Guest AzureTigress
hi im new and to my knowledge no one has posted this question so here goes
in the episode where mimiru, bear, and tsukasa go on the quest with the three riddles there is a riddle that goes : in a world were 5 is 8 1 is 2 and 9 is nine what is acheived by multiplying 332 by 3 with out heaven and earth now i know what the answer is but i was wondering if anyone could explain it to me i'm kinda slow so any help would be great

[COLOR=Navy]Yo. Next time please check the Directory before creating a new series thread. You also might want to start using periods and capital letters with greater frequency; as things stand this post is very difficult to read.

~Dagger~[/COLOR]

Guest DanteX
errr...i have a question, a friend of mine told me Maha was data drained and inserted into Mia from the game series...is this true?

[color=navy]Actually, Macha was data drained [spoiler][/color]twice. She was initially data drained into the form you see her in //SIGN as, then again at the end of //SIGN. When this happened, character data got mixed in, and she assumed the form of Mia.[/spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest daydreamer
'Kay, this is actually a question, not a topic I wish to discuss. Ever since I first watched .HACK//Sign I totally fell in love with the music, especially with the flute tune that's played sometimes. My question is, does anyone know what kind of flute this is? Its name I mean. I have a flute at home but it doesn't quite sound like the one played in this Anime. I wish to know because I would be willing to learn how to play whichever kind of flute that is just to play the little tune I talked about earlier.

Oh, by the way, I'm new here, in case you haven't noticed. I couldn't find an Introduction section; it's either around somewhere and I didn't see it or there's just no such section here. In case there isn't, the name's [B]daydreamer[/B]. Nice to meetcha' all.

[QUOTE=Jim Hawkins]I just have one question!

In the PS2 Games of .Hack The ingame creature Mia transforms into one of the eight phases called Macha. Is this the same Macha from the show just in another form. So that means Mia has three forms right?[/QUOTE]
In .hack//sign macha was the little cat but macha sacrificed itself to save tsukasa then she was born as mia and mia remembered elk's character as tsukasa's so she spent all her time with elk until kite came along and she wanted to know more about his bracelet but in .hack//quarintine she found out she exixted in the world only and after you beat .hack//quarintine you will have acess to a special area that aura says that something is about to be born so kite and elk go and find macha(.hack//sign version) she was trapped in 2 barbell shaped monsters and kite defeats it without the help of the bracelet and macha turns into mia but she has lost all her memory.

[quote name='daydreamer']'Kay, this is actually a question, not a topic I wish to discuss. Ever since I first watched .HACK//Sign I totally fell in love with the music, especially with the flute tune that's played sometimes. My question is, does anyone know what kind of flute this is? Its name I mean. I have a flute at home but it doesn't quite sound like the one played in this Anime. I wish to know because I would be willing to learn how to play whichever kind of flute that is just to play the little tune I talked about earlier.[/quote]

I do not think that it is a flute, the pitch is too high. It is most likely a piccolo, which is similar to a flute, but is smaller. Since piccolos are smaller they produce a sound that is an octive higher, IIRC, then that of a flute. The two are easy to confuse at first, since they are almost identical (save for their sizes and pitch).

• 2 weeks later...