OtakuBoards

.hack//SIGN - spoilers

Guest dabienman

[quote name='WolfMaximas']ok, i'm a new .hack fan, and i love the anime. I'm also an rpg fan, so you see the connection. I was wondering, what are all the classes in 'the world'. if theres a website that can explain all of that and more, that would be great.[/quote]

[size=1][u]Classes of "the World:"[/u]
[b][color=indigo]Twin Blade:[/b][/color] A character who uses two small swords.
[b][color=indigo]Heavy Blade:[/b][/color] A character who uses a two handed sword.
[b][color=indigo]Blademaster:[/b][/color] A character who uses a one handed sword.
[b][color=indigo]Heavy Axeman:[/b][/color] A character who uses axes and scythes.
[b][color=indigo]Long Arm:[/b][/color] A character who uses spears.
[b][color=indigo]Wavemaster:[/b][/color] A character who uses wands/staffs.

[u]Classes of "the World" only found in .hack//DUSK/UDEDEN:[/u]
[b][color=indigo]Career Werewolf:[/b][/color] A character who fights hand-to-hand and can take the form of a wolf. The 'career' part of the name is only given to high-level players.
[b][color=indigo]Fighter:[/b][/color] Basicly just a character who uses hand-to-hand combat.

There are other more detailed things about the character classes as well. Such as Twin Blades being faster than other classes and Wavemasters having the highest Magical stats, but what's above are the basics.

Its not too hard to find .hack websites that could explain about the classes in more detail. Just do a simple search on Google and you should find a bunch.

[b][color=indigo]-Ouka[/b][/color][/size]

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Elec_Man_X
Hello people,

I herd from a couple of my friends the other day that there was an original .hack series, but they never finished it. =/. Is this true? I for one just found out about .hack so I don't really know anything about it.

Could anybody share some basic information about the show? Also, does it air on TV or not?

Thanks

[QUOTE=Elec_Man_X]Hello people,

I herd from a couple of my friends the other day that there was an original .hack series, but they never finished it. =/. Is this true? I for one just found out about .hack so I don't really know anything about it.

Could anybody share some basic information about the show? Also, does it air on TV or not?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

[size=1]I've never heard of an original .hack series that wasn't finished. I know that SIGN and Legend of the Twilight ended with a sort of cliffhanger and left you wondering, but I've never heard of one that wasn't finished.

SIGN finished airing on Cartoon Network awhile ago, but I believe Legend of the Twilight re-runs are airing at 1:00 AM on Friday nights on Cartoon Network.

[b][color=DarkSlateBlue]-Ouka[/b][/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a bit lost on how Macha can be Mia but in the final episode she doesn't recognise Tsukasa. Note: I haven't played Quarantine or Outbreak yet.

I've recently begun watching Legend of the Twilight and I've found it to be very comical compared to Sign. I've also read the first two mangas which are titled Legend of the Twilight Bracelet. Does anyone know why the word Bracelet was removed from the anime series even though it is based on the manga?

[COLOR=Navy] :confused: I don't get it....I don't get it at all.... How is this stuff possible, It's soooo confusing.... Ok, well the games (.hack//infection, .hack//mutation, .hack//outbreak, and .hack//quaritine) Aura is not so small and she is not floating on top of a bed, but In .hack//sign she is and she isn't in .hack//dusk.... :confused:
I also don't get how this happends too... Skeith dies in .hack//infection when you beat him...or did I miss somthing? But anyway he comes back in .hack//sign... and also is Morganna and Skeith on the same side? Because when Sora made her mad SKeith came and data drained him.... :confused:
Also tell me this....BlackRose and Kite where the ones that where so called "The ones who solved the last mystery of the world" But in .hack//sign Mimiru and her get in a fight, BlackRose says that she was going to be a legendary player, which if her and kite did solve the last mystery then why isnt she already called a ledendary player??? :confused:
Then this is the Kicker, If the games came before .hack//sign, then HOW CAN THE GAMES HAVE MEMERIES FROM .HACK//SIGN???? Like the ghost thingys you have to find in .hack//outbreak and the M:wavemaster, M:longarm and all that crap....
THIS IS SOOOOO CONFUSING... :confused: [/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]They do go in this order right? 1.games 2. sign 3.dusk
I know that is right!!!! but it's confusing :confused: [/COLOR]

[size=1]You've got a few things mixed up, heh. I'll explain what I can from what you're wondering about...

[quote]I also don't get how this happends too... Skeith dies in .hack//infection when you beat him...or did I miss somthing? But anyway he comes back in .hack//sign... and also is Morganna and Skeith on the same side? Because when Sora made her mad SKeith came and data drained him....[/quote]

[spoiler]Yes, Skeith does die in .hack//INFECTION when you defeat him, you didn't miss anything. He does not come back in .hack//SIGN. SIGN is placed a few months [i]before[/i] the games, so when you see him there, its before everything in the games has taken plce. Morganna created Skeith and Morganna had Skeith Data Drain Sora because he betrayed her.[/spoiler]

[quote]Then this is the Kicker, If the games came before .hack//sign, then HOW CAN THE GAMES HAVE MEMERIES FROM .HACK//SIGN???? Like the ghost thingys you have to find in .hack//outbreak and the M:wavemaster, M:longarm and all that crap....
THIS IS SOOOOO CONFUSING...
They do go in this order right? 1.games 2. sign 3.dusk
I know that is right!!!! but it's confusing[/quote]

The games did not come before SIGN, they were placed a few months after the conclusion of SIGN.

The official order(of all of the parts of the .hack Project and its as close as it'll get) is this:
[spoiler]1. AI BUSTER (novel)
2. SIGN (TV series)
3. INFECTION (video game)
4. LIMINALITY 1 (OVA)
5. MUTATION (video game)
6. LIMINALITY 2 (OVA)
7. OUTBREAK (video game)
8. LIMINALITY 3 (OVA)
9. QUARANTINE (video game)
10. LIMINALITY 4 (OVA)
11. INTERMEZZO (OVA)
12. UNISON (OVA)
13. GIFT (OVA)
14. ZERO (novel)
15. DUSK (manga)/UDEDEN (TV show)[/spoiler]

I'm not sure on the other two questions you have, though, about Aura and Blackrose.[/size]

• 2 months later...
Guest ouhokan
my friend had goten the last 3 episodes of dt hack on dvd and when i watched them it felt like it didnt fit... it just wasent what i had expected. im... kinda left open with out my favorit anime, it just dosent feel right like that feeling that you get imn your gut saying YOU SHOULDENT OF WATCHED THOSE EPISODES BEFORE THE REST OF THE SERIES!!! because now it feels like dot hack , well it feels like some one pulled out an organ yet you still go on living. it was good to see that [spoiler]tsukasa bade it out[/spoiler] but it didnt seem like it would of happened so easily.

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Added [spoiler] tags. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

• 1 month later...
OK, so ive just got .hack//sign. Ive got all 6 of the dvds.
I just started wtahcing it but uts a little confusing. the first episode I watched was Login. This is the first thing I've seen of the hack series....was there any episodes or anything before it that i should know about?

-thanks

[FONT=book antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=blue]Bee Train has a winning formula when it comes to anime. You always start in the middle of things (technical term is [i]in medias res[/i]). So while things did happen before the viewer's start point, you don't know what those things are. As the story moves forward, random fragments of what happened before are tossed here and there. The piece-wise recreation of the missed climax introduces another climax that has a different (but not necessarily better) impact on the viewer. I significantly prefer this kind of climax, but other people may not, heh.

.hack//SIGN has to take the silver when placed next to Bee Train's other animes, as Noir clearly packs the best punch when it comes to revelations, heh.

So, to answer your climax, no, there's nothing to watch before .hack//SIGN. Sit back and pick up the clues that lead to the answer. If you don't figure it out, everything will be revealed at the end. Still, it's fun trying to figure out what went down, heh.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I noticed here that many people think that .hack//SIGN ended with a cliffhanger, but it actually didnt. The last true episode that was released was episode 28, [U]Unison. [/U] This episode pretty much wraps up everything prior to .hack//Legend Of The Twlight, with the cast of .hack//SIGN meeting up with the cast from the videogames (Kite, Blackrose, Elk, etc.) (note: Mimiru bickering with Blackrose had me cracking up! ^_^) Anyway, for those that never seen it, this episode takes place after all is said and done with the games, and is kind of a closing to both storylines. (or one continuing storyline, depending on your perspective) Now this is considered as the last episode of .hack//SIGN, right? Not episode 25, [U]Return.[/U] (which was obviously before the videogames along with the rest of the SIGN saga.

Just wondering, because I know it was a limited edition episode and many people I talked to didnt even know of its existence.

How many of you have seen this episode and what did you think of how it wrapped everything up? I found it to be a great ending for the series and left me very satisfied. Also, it was a perfect way to set the stage for the (then) upcoming .hack//Legend Of The Twlight.

There is another episode? I had seen all the way up until episode 27, and I did it in one sitting! Now I don't feel complete and must hunt down this mysterious 28th episode...thanks a lot. Now... .hack//dusk (legend of the twilight bracelet) was not on my list of favorite animes. They made them too cute and took all the seriousness out of the series. But this is a .hack//sign thread, so...

No prob. Yes, the 28th episode is on the limited edition box set. I ordered mine from Amazon. This isnt the hexagonal shaped box set thats sold in stores such as Best Buy and Suncoast, as a matter of fact I dont think they sell it in ANY stores anymore. Its really a great ending, though. Wonderful and [spoiler]strangely happy[/spoiler] way to end the show. Some parts really made me smile and tear up. ^_^

If you dont wanna buy the whole box set for one episode, maybe someone else can back me up on this.....I beleive its also sold on the limited edition version of volume 6.

If you buy it online, just make sure you contact the seller and ask if it has the 28th episode.

ya, i read about this off another website, i think it was the helba gate (good site for info) if anyone wants to check it out, the website is
[url]http://home.austin.rr.com/tsote/dothack/helba_gate.html[/url]
i was talkin to weaver the other day, and he reminded me of it. so now, after dnangel gets done, im gonna go hunting for [i]the ellusive 28th episode[/i], lol

You know what's funny... I own the DVD with that extra episode, but I still haven't gotten around to watching it.

I saw the entire series piece-meal when it was airing on TV. I didn't plan on revisiting it until I watched Madlax and Noir, which together gave me a bizarre fondness for--or at least desensitized me to--Mashimo's directing style. So I picked up the DVDs on a whim and discovered (shockingly enough) that .hack//SIGN flows a lot better when one watches it in order. :p

I haven't made too much progress yet, but buying the DVDs was worth it just to hear the Japanese language track, with my two of my favorite seiyuu playing Tsukasa and Mimiru. Mitsuki Saiga's voice just [i]drips[/i] with youthful angst. It's awesome. :D

~Dagger~

In all bold honesty, it's not my favorite anime in the world, but it's so dang close that Serial Experiments is exerting that extra energy to win the race... however, what I loved most about .hack//sign, besides the series of course, would have to be the soundtrack... I mean, what an amazing soundtrack to go along with an amazing anime. I couldn't help but crack up at the music that they played around Sora... Lol... Hillbilly music.

[FONT=book antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=blue]You shouldn't watch episode 28 (aka Unison) until [B]AFTER[/B] you've finished all four games in the set. It just wouldn't make sense, and pretty much spoil a few of the twists that .hack//SIGN ends with. It's also going to make you wonder, "Who the hell are these n00bs?!" Haha...

Also, I hear Bandai will be re-releasing .hack//SIGN. Whether or not that means episode 28 will be available another way, I don't know. However, for a company to knowingly keep part of the story away from people just because they were a little late to the series or didn't want the limited edition version is messed up, and I wholly approve of just d/ling it if you can't grab it.

DarkOtakuBoy, are you sure it wasn't GIFT that was put in the limited edition version? I find it hard to believe that such a core episode (28) would be kept from anyone.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=AzureWolf][FONT=book antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=blue]

DarkOtakuBoy, are you sure it wasn't GIFT that was put in the limited edition version? I find it hard to believe that such a core episode (28) would be kept from anyone.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

No, it was UNISON. I know because I checked a bunch of websites and stores before I bought the limited edition the box set, and episode 28 (UNISON) isnt available on the regular volume 6 DVD and not available on the regular box set. (plus, I find it kinda weird that many .hack//SIGN fans never seen it. Maybe UNISON was aired on Adult Swim, I'm not sure. But as far as I know, GIFT is available only with .hack//QUARANTINE. Its definately not on the limited edition box set.

I agree with you, its rediculous that the ending of the show is a pain to find, and costs a lot, if you cant find a good deal on Amazon or the like. But if you think about it, its JUST like them to do something like this. Dont get me wrong, I love all things .hack to death, but damn do they know how to market! ^_^

Ive got .Hack sign and Im watching it through now. When im done I wanna go on and watch the next series...now Ive heard that there is a series called Hack//liminality, and a series called Hack//dusk.

Could somone tell me which one comes next in the storyline order? ans could someone tell me if thats all the other series that there are?

thanks

[QUOTE]Could somone tell me which one comes next in the storyline order? ans could someone tell me if thats all the other series that there are?[/QUOTE][FONT=book antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=blue]I've heard that there might be a manga that takes place before .hack//SIGN, but I never found any evidence of such a thing.

Anyway, the order is as follows:
1. .hack//SIGN
2. .hack//INTERMEZZO
3. .hack//INFECTION-->MUTATION-->OUTBREAK-->QUARANTINE (i.e., the four games)
4. .hack//LIMINALITY
5. .hack//UNISON
6. .hack//TWILIGHT

#'s 2 and 3 happen simultaneously: the games take place in "The World," and the OAVs take place IRL. In fact, Liminality is bundled with the four video games. As for Twilight, it's both a manga and an anime.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

EDIT: I just realized: DDG already did a more comprehensive outline of Project .hack's timeline. Just look up a few posts.

[QUOTE=DDG][size=1]
The official order(of all of the parts of the .hack Project and its as close as it'll get) is this:
[spoiler]1. AI BUSTER (novel)
2. SIGN (TV series)
3. INFECTION (video game)
4. LIMINALITY 1 (OVA)
5. MUTATION (video game)
6. LIMINALITY 2 (OVA)
7. OUTBREAK (video game)
8. LIMINALITY 3 (OVA)
9. QUARANTINE (video game)
10. LIMINALITY 4 (OVA)
11. INTERMEZZO (OVA)
12. UNISON (OVA)
13. GIFT (OVA)
14. ZERO (novel)
15. DUSK (manga)/UDEDEN (TV show)[/spoiler]

I'm not sure on the other two questions you have, though, about Aura and Blackrose.[/size][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]That order is wrong. [spoiler].hack//zero is after .hack//sign but before the .hack games..hack//zero revolves around sora's data that got stuck in the world. Morgonna used the data that skeith data drained from sora to create a searching/killing machine. Dark sora's job was to find Aura but instead he becomes crazy and then tries to destroy her. Morgonna then banishes dark sora to net slum. Dark sora then comes back when you beat the game and helba sends you the member adress of subaru,tsukasa,dark sora and herself. That is when kite meets dark sora.[/spoiler] That is the only thing you were wrong on. I applaud your significant expertise on .hack though.

Well if anyone wants to ask me questions on .hack then feel free to PM me because I know everything about .hack. not to sound like i'm bragging but I want to help those who dont fully understand it.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Does anyone know the name of the song that is played during the episode called Party? I think its the first episode of the third dvd....it plays near the end when it shows [spoiler]outside of the world where Tsukusa's dad is asking a docor to turn off the life support[/spoiler]..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GrandTheftWatto
Okay, I just finished watching the entire .hack//SIGN series (it's my first real experience with Anime, and I loved it).[b] (spoilers coming soon)[/b] However...

[spoiler]Tsukasa is trapped within the world...the evil entity caught him there for her own purposes, and in the end, he escapes ( although it seems she may have a new captive in the form of Sora, if I'm not mistaken) Here is what I think doesn't qute scan: When a real life person becomes trapped in "the world" their consiousness is trapped within the game (which must be true because Tsukasa remembers everything that transpired there and runs to embrace Subaru *sob*) and their RL body slips into a coma; basically an empty shell.

My question is this: What is the link between Tsukasa's body in the hospital and 'the world"? When he does FINALLY log out, and is no longer in the grip of the program what happens? Does his 'essence' just float home? I'm willing to overlook some plot holes and continuity issues (it is just a TV show, afterall) but for me, this goes into the column of fatal flaw.[/spoiler]

Interested to hear what others think...

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Addes spoiler tags. Please be mindful of what you could be revealing to people who haven't yet seen the series. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

Guest DemonAngeL_Zero
Well my guess [Because i've thought of this question too] was that [spoiler]it just kinda made him into an astral body of sorts. If you don't know what an astral body is, its a-
Astral Body: A ghost form of yourself that can fly around and stuff >_>
So, when he was in his astral body, he either flew to the hospital and was reunited with his real body, or he just stood there.[/spoiler] >_> Odd, ain't it?

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Added spoiler tags. As above, please be mindful of what you could be spoiling for other people, even if you're just speculating over the meanings of certain events, as they can give away quite a lot even if you don't intend them to. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

[FONT=book antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=blue]@DarkHayden:
The name of the song is Aura, and it sounds like the regular version of the song. I mean, it's been a while since I've listened to anything Kajiura... Maybe I should do that again. Good times, good times...

But anyway, it's in the first soundtrack of .hack, so it shouldn't be too hard to grab.

@GrandTheftWatto:
Haha, consider it a plothole. I mean, there's a theory behind it that's revealed in the games, but there's no physical connection. Noir is the only anime from Bee Train that (I'd argue) has no plot holes (maybe Avenger, but you're stretching it there).[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]