OtakuBoards

.hack//SIGN - spoilers

Guest dabienman

Guest dabienman
im new to this forums and i dont kno why i cant post in the .hack section. it says its not accepting any posts. well anyways i have a question for the people that HAVE seen this anime.

1. is tsukasa's guardian (dumbel thingy) from maho? or morganna watever? or is someone tottally different.

2. in the end of episode 26. who are the 2 people in the credits? is it subaru in the wheel chair and tsukusa with the brown hair? or is the brown hair girl mimiru?

3. is maho bad or good? i dunt really get what he does in the whole anime... you never HEAR him talk either.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='dabienman']im new to this forums and i dont kno why i cant post in the .hack section. it says its not accepting any posts.[/quote][font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]That is because they are just Archives, they are only viewable, you cannot post in them.[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='dabienman']1. is tsukasa's guardian (dumbel thingy) from maho? or morganna watever? or is someone tottally different.[/quote][font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Tsukasa's Guardian was given to him from Morganna.[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='dabienman']2. in the end of episode 26. who are the 2 people in the credits? is it subaru in the wheel chair and tsukusa with the brown hair? or is the brown hair girl mimiru? [/quote][font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue][spoiler]Subaru is the one in the wheelchair and Tsukasa is the one with the brown hair, not Mimiru.[/spoiler][/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='dabienman']3. is maho bad or good? i dunt really get what he does in the whole anime... you never HEAR him talk either.[/quote][font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Well, for one, Maha is a she and I'm not for sure if she is bad or good.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]PM me if you need more information or if you want to know what's under the spoiler. ^_^[/color][/size][/font]

Guest dabienman
so does tsakusa return to the real world because he got the key of the twighlight (aura) or because helba deleted the field? or both...

did Sora turn into a monster robot?

is morganna still in "the world"

[QUOTE=dabienman]so does tsakusa return to the real world because he got the key of the twighlight (aura) or because helba deleted the field? or both...

is morganna still in "the world"[/QUOTE]
Morganna is still in the world, yes. Sora is data drained into Skeith's staff.
And tsukasa returned because he found the key of the twighlight. He might not have if the field wasn't defeated, so you could say it was both on that one, tho.

[color=hotpink][size=1]Dabienmon and wg1, you guys need to work on your post quality. Also, wg, it is against the rules to double post. Since your first post in this thread was practically spam anyway, I deleted it. Please read the rules, both of you, and make more effort to write concise posts. Thank you. *QA*[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=dabienman]so does tsakusa return to the real world because he got the key of the twighlight (aura) or because helba deleted the field? or both...

is morganna still in "the world"[/QUOTE]

1) Aura had nothing to do with Tsukasa waking up in real life. That happened because Tsukasa decided to leave The World and return to reality. As a result of wanting to return Tsukasa had the ability to log out, and Aura was born at the same time. Also, Helba's intervention had nothing to do with anything.

2) No, Sora is not a robot. The creature that appeared in his spot was Skeith "The Terror Of Death" (who is the first of the 8 Phases). Sora's conciouness was trapped in Skeith's wand after he was Data Drained.

3) Yes, she is. Her program was built into the original coding for the game. This is proven in the series of PS2 games that follow the TV show after six months.

[COLOR=Navy]WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS MANY POSSIBLE SPOILERS. DO NOT SCROLL DOWN IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO SEE THE SPOILERS.

You have been politely warned.

[spoiler]Actually, Morganna essentially is the game coding. She is a program in the form of virus cores that is the base essence of 'The World'. Her sole purpose was to generate the Eight Phases, Skeith and so on, who were to gather data from characters playing in the game, and to relay that information to Morganna. From there, it would be filtered to Aura, who would then overturn the game system and replace Morganna. When Morganna realized this, she tried to use Tsukasa to not destroy Aura as is the popular beleif, but to awaken the "black aura". Morganna would instruct Tsukasa to do certain things, and build his emotions up, and then do something to bring him crashing down. Whenever Tsukasa took one of these emotional plummets, he would return to Aura and his emotions would effect her. Since they were negative at first, the "Black Aura" was going to be awoken. However, through Subaru and the others, this is prevented. Once Aura awakens, Morganna generates Skeith for the sole purpose of destroying Aura. This plan, as you can tell, fails, and Tsukasa awakens as well, and the show ends.[/COLOR][/spoiler]

[color=hotpink][size=1]If you want to post a spoiler, just use the Spoiler tag. Just type [spoiler ] and close with [/spoiler ], without the spaces. ^_^ *QA*[/color][/size]

[quote name='Twilight][spoiler']Actually, Morganna essentially is the game coding. She is a program in the form of virus cores that is the base essence of 'The World'. Her sole purpose was to generate the Eight Phases, Skeith and so on, who were to gather data from characters playing in the game, and to relay that information to Morganna. From there, it would be filtered to Aura, who would then overturn the game system and replace Morganna.[/spoiler][/quote]

[spoiler]Fisrt off, Morganna is not the entire game. She is just a sentient program created by Harold to awaken Aura, who Harold intented to be the unborn child of himself and Emma (creator of the Epitaph Of Twilight), after which Morganna would be deleted. Morganna, according to the games and the Liminality DVDs, did not like the idea of no longer existing and set out to hold off Aura's awakening for as long as possible. As for the virus cores, they were created as a result of the Phases moving throughout the game.[/spoiler]

[quote][spoiler] Once Aura awakens, Morganna generates Skeith for the sole purpose of destroying Aura. This plan, as you can tell, fails, and Tsukasa awakens as well, and the show ends.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[spoiler]What you said here, about Skeith, contradicts what you said before. The purpose of the Phases was to collect data on human emotions and transfere them to Aura, thus making her appear to have human thought and emotion. This collection of data by Aura and Morganna is what causes the server the problems in the real world, as the info grows too much for the CC Corp. computers and tries to expand into the entire network. Skeith was only sent to seperate Aura into fragments in order to limit her power in the system. That is why Kite collects the Data Fragments in the games.[/spoiler]

Guest Relena P.
I'm just wondering if anyone has noticed that Cartoon Network has taken .hack//SIGN off its schedule. :( Does anyone here care?

I'm gonna freak if it stays off for long!! :eek:

[COLOR=Navy]This type of reply is more appropriate to the "anime on television" thread. If you'd rather discuss the actual show, please put a bit more effort into your posts. Thanks!

~Dagger~[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=Navy]Say WHAAATT!!! T_T NOT FAIR! I also heard that they were going to add .hack//UDEDEN soon, too, though. Oh, and about what I said about Skeith:[/COLOR]
[spoiler]Yes, Skeith was origionally designed to collect data, but Morganna altered his Data Drain ability somehow, making it more dangerous. This allowed for things to occur like the Tsukasa incedent. She also did this with the other phases. I realize that Morganna is not technically the game itself, but she is the very base core of the game. Thus, without her, the game would not be able to function. As for the real-world reprecussions that occur during the TWILIGHT incident, those are still almost completely unaccounted for. No one can pin a certain chain of events or reason to the real-world reprecussions, so it's hard to determine exactly what caused them.[/spoiler]
[color=navy]So, that's about all that I've got to say, for now anyways. I'm glad to see so many Project .hack enthusiasts out there, or ".hackers" as I find us often referred to as. Well, yet another chapter begins to unfold for me, as I begin .hack//Legend of the Twilight. I currently own the first two. Does anyone know when the third manga will be released or if it already has? In any case, thanks for your time here in my renewed .hack thread![/color]

BAsically your on the Ball Jim Hawkins, Mia is basically the same as MAcha or a.k.a "Maha". ANyways I found a site that explains everything about the Epitaph of Twilight, how .Hack//Sign, the , the OVA's, and the Manga are all connected in the same way! Just go to google.com then look up Helba's Gate. It really helped me out a lot and I bet'll help you out as well :D

~Laters

• 1 month later...
Guest rat224
wow they ar comming out with a new .hack that is awsome :) and when is it comen out?

[QUOTE=Relena P.]I'm just wondering if anyone has noticed that Cartoon Network has taken .hack//SIGN off its schedule. :( Does anyone here care?

I'm gonna freak if it stays off for long!! :eek:

[COLOR=Navy]This type of reply is more appropriate to the "anime on television" thread. If you'd rather discuss the actual show, please put a bit more effort into your posts. Thanks!

~Dagger~[/color][/QUOTE]
ya i care that is total bull crap so what if there is now new epsodes the show is still good to watch it over and over. it will probalby stay off for a year or more tops...

[color=green][b][size=1]Please refrain from double posting. Also, you are encouraged to have better post quality, such as punctuation, spelling, and capitalization. - PiroMunkie[/size][/b][/color]

i never heard the whole of the Epitaph of the Twilight only the bits from the dvd series and the first game. it is very unusual but so is the whole series which just makes it completely awesome. in the first game Skeith is only phase one so does that mean you fight other phases during different parts of the game i.e. phase 2 half way through game 2?

Guest milleye
I have a question about the series:

Where do people watch the series, and see the episodes? It is no longer showing on CN, so I am not sure where I can go to watch them :(

Also, I am very new to .hack stuff, but how many series are there? I know of .hack//sign, and then the 4 PS2 video games. Also, how many of the video games are currently out?

thanks!

milleye

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mimiru
I LOVE .hack! *could ya tell?* ^_^ teeheehee I havent seen a lot of episodes, but just watching 1 episode got me hooked! I have the manga .hack legend of the twilight # 1 and 2 wating to get #3 n_n I have a ps2, but i cant find the game! >_< im kinda new to the world of gaming anyway! {btw, [off-topic] HI im new!}

Guest crim15_6
I dont think that Maha has anything to do with Mia does she.I dont really know because Im only in the part where you talk with Herald in part 4.But if anyone is for sure if Maha is Mia or whatever please tell me.

Just for the record I think this thread is really messy... >_<

But anyway, I'll go ahead and post my opinion of [b].hack//SIGN [/b], since that's the series that this thread is for and everyone seemed to have jumped in with posting questions regarding specifics in the plot as well as things relating to other series' completely. Talk of the video games should probably be in the "Play It" area, no? ^^;

Anyway, .hack//SIGN has an extremely slow moving story. If you can't sit through a ton of dialogue, you probably wouldn't like it. Of course, it is based in a virtual reality fantasy-themed massively multiplayer online role playing game. But they still manage to achieve a great atmosphere. For anyone who has played a bit of an MMORPG, some parts can be pretty humorous as well. And I thought the music was spectacular! (Which was all in English, surprisingly!)

[QUOTE=milleye]I have a question about the series:
Where do people watch the series, and see the episodes? It is no longer showing on CN, so I am not sure where I can go to watch them :(
Also, I am very new to .hack stuff, but how many series are there? I know of .hack//sign, and then the 4 PS2 video games. Also, how many of the video games are currently out?[/QUOTE]
I just watched fansubs of .hack//SIGN ages ago. But it is currently licensed by Bandai. You can find out more information on the DVD's and whatnot at Bandai's website: [url]http://www.bandai-ent.com[/url]. A little warning though, I have no idea what they've done as far as dubbing it (I guess you'd know more than me if you've seen it on TV), but if you were to buy or rent the DVD's I strongly recommend turning on Japanese dubbing with the English subtitles!

To answer your other question, there are 2 TV series' with the .hack name that I know of. Of course, .hack//SIGN, as well as .hack//Legend of Twilight Bracelet. (Which pales in comparison to the first one in my opinion.) There is also 1 OVA, which I haven?t seen, .hack//LIMINALITY, which is a total of 4 episodes.

As far as video games, to go a little off topic myself in an attempt to answer your last question, there are 4 parts on the PS2. These include .hack//INFECTION, .hack//MUTATION, .hack//OUTBREAK, and .hack//QUARANTINE. The last of these was released on January 13, 2004. They are all released, so go have fun. ^_^

~adempton

[QUOTE=Twilight][COLOR=Navy][/COLOR]

[color=navy] Does anyone know when the third manga will be released or if it already has? In any case, thanks for your time here in my renewed .hack thread![/color][/QUOTE]

[color=green]I think that .hack//Legend of the Twilight #3 will be released in either August or September. The .hack//Legend of the Twilight DVDs were released last month,so you can always watch those too.[/color]

.hack//Legend of the Twilights Bracelet is a part of the .hack// series. Adult Swim showed the entire .hack//Sign anime a few months ago.

.hack//Legend of the Twilights Bracelet is also know as ".hack//DUSK"

WARNING! SPOLIERS BELOW!!

From Tvtome.com
[QUOTE]Two twins, Shu-go and Rena, win characters that model the legendary .hackers Kite and BlackRose. Shu-go is one day beaten by a high level monster. When he was revived he is given Kite's bracelet from a mysterious girl named Aura, which starts the many mysteries of .hack//DUSK

.hack/DUSK is set four years after the events that happened in the PS2 games and even though CC Corp has successfully been able to cover up the events that happened, some older gamers can still remember what happened in "The World". [/QUOTE]

END of Spoliers!

This is a kind of side story of what happened in .hack//sign. It continues the search for the Legend of the Twilight.

If you want more information, check out these two websites:

[URL=http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-21458/]tvtome.com[/URL]

or

[url]www.google.com[/url]

I hope that i have helped you.

Not sure if you're talking about .hack//Legend of the Twilight, also know as .hack//DUSK, or not. I myself found something on it a few days ago. [url]http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-21458/[/url]

I also bought the DVD of it a week ago, it was good. :3

You'd probably want to ask Ani_Freak about anything .hack ;)

[quote name='crim15_6']I dont think that Maha has anything to do with Mia does she.I dont really know because Im only in the part where you talk with Herald in part 4.But if anyone is for sure if Maha is Mia or whatever please tell me.[/quote][left][font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]I'll answer this as best I can:[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b][spoiler]Macha/Maha and Mia do in fact have a lot to do with each other. Through intense research on the internet, I have uncovered that, it is thought that Morganna changed Maha(from the show) into Mia shortly after the show's last episode and she is the seen as Mia during the games (.hack//INFECTION, MUTATION, OUTBREAK and, QUARANTINE). During .hack//QUARANTINE, Mia is seen transforming into Macha (Phase 6). Then, at the end of QUARANTINE, in the dungeon of Hidden Darkside Holy Ground, Mia is seen to have changed back into Maha(from the show). Once you have defeated the dungeon of Hidden Darkside Holy Ground, however, she becomes Mia once again. [/color][/size][/font][font=Arial][size=1][color=black]So, to put it bluntly, yes, Maha(the Phase and the Maha from the show) is Mia.[/spoiler][/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Hope that helped. ^_^[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][quote name='milleye']Where do people watch the series, and see the episodes?[/quote][/left]

[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Yes, seeing as Cartoon Network has taken .hack//SIGN off the air, I'd suggest ordering the DVD's. If you can't find them in the stores then look online. That'd be your best bet. ^_^[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][quote name='meggido']in the first game Skeith is only phase one so does that mean you fight other phases during different parts of the game i.e. phase 2 half way through game 2?[/quote][/left]

[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Yes, you're pretty much close there. In MUTATION, [spoiler]the first Phase you will fight is Phase 2: Innis and it comes somewhere near the middle of the game. Then, at the end of MUTATION, you have to fight Phase 3: Magus. In OUTBREAK, the next Phases you fight are Phase 4: Fidchell which is somewhere around the middle of the game and then Phase 5: Gorre at the end of the game. And in QUARANTINE, you will first fight Phase 6: Macha, who's fight is not too far from the beginning of the game, then Phase 7: Tarvos which is somewhat after the middle and last but not least, the three part battle of Phase 8: Corbenik.[/spoiler][/color][/size][/font] [/left]

I think I understand everything about Maha. [spoiler]Maha was an ingame creature created by Morgana to aid her whenever needed but when Tsukasa was able to leave Morgana no longer needed Maha at the time. Morgana transformed Maha and Maha'a dorment power in the new creation Mia. Morgana gave memories to Mia so that she would think she was a real player and would be able to befriend other players like Elk for example. But finally when Mia was most needed to defeat Kite because he was destroying the Eight Phases Morgana was forced to put Mia's dorment power into form to stop Kite. Morgana did this because Mia had no power against the power of Kite's bracelet and also because even if ordered she would not of attacked them because they were friends because not only did she befriend them but they befriended her so Morgana transformed Mia into the creature Macha.[/spoiler]

Well I think that covers everything on Maha, Mia, and Macha. :)

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Added [spoiler] tags ^_~ -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

:D Well, I'm pleased to find that there is a thread dedicated to the .hack project. I have spent days researching .hack//SIGN, and many things don't make sense without the game, so I can't say I'm a complete expert on the entire project (I don't have any video games at all), but I can answer any questions that are strictly //SIGN related...and I didn't bootleg the series, it came from a Best Buy in Japan (the labels were still intact

Mia, and several other characters in the game, come together at the very last episode of //SIGN, Unison #28. [spoiler]When Mia and Tsukasa see each other, they act like they'd known each other before, so I think that was Maha in a different form, and this is two years after Aura is awakened, or so I was told. It's kinda cool to see Mimiru with Black Rose, and Tsukasa with Elk! :)[/spoiler]

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Try not to double-post, please. if there's something you want to add to an original post, use the 'Edit' button underneath it. Also, be mindful of any spoilers you might reveal in an episode you talk about. I added the [spoiler] tags for you. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]