OtakuBoards

.hack//INFECTION / MUTATION / OUTBREAK / QUARANTINE

DotHacker32

Guest calebdaguy
Hello im new to this forum but i dont have a PS2 :animecry: but i need someone to spoil every last thing that happens in the entire .hack PS2 game series becuz i want to get the legend of the twilight manga. THX!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They all look the same but there different in there own way. 1 tells u how the infection starts, 2 infection was spearding through the comp world and the human world, 3 they made plans to stop the wave, and 4 the final battle and u better be prepared man its so hard.

alright part 1 the story just starts u meet a few of your party members. part 2 teh mutation is spearding through the comp world and the human world. part 3 they devise a plan to try and stop the infection. and part 4 the final battle begins and someone dies.

[color=#4B0082]Combined the double post. In the future, please use the Edit feature, as double posting is against the rules. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

[quote name='LoneTecko']Just given heads up dude Wingzero120 got all those spoilers from me he my friend, but theres more of them lots more.[/quote]

Yea i may have got some of the spoilers from u but i figured some of them out on my own to man. but its chill we mostly worked on .hack together but for everyone that doesnt play it u should its a great game.

Guest Rubysand
[quote name='Gale']Sorry! I try to figure out more about all this and where to put things. Anyway, I don't want to lose interest. Do you know anything interesting in the game, like hidden stuff I could look for?[/quote]

ya we're in the same boat. how the heak do u get a grunty?

hello i have a question regareding the 2nd part to the saga dosew any body know how to beat the phase 3 boss in the net slum he uses death abd rebearth on me and it kills me every time. fyi lvl 49 lvl39 wepon use blackrose and elk both lvl 50. plz help

[quote name='Rubysand']ya we're in the same boat. how the heak do u get a grunty?[/quote]

the way you get a grunnty is got to a sever and look for a farm and there will be a littel ugly thing you take the food and feed it ( bloody egg, bear cat egg) and when it get older it tells you what it want and you feed it that and you will get a better grunty but if feed it anythig you will get a nobel grunty.

[color=#4B0082]Combined the double post. Please use the edit function instead of double posting. Thanks. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

[quote name='Mario']hello i have a question regareding the 2nd part to the saga dosew any body know how to beat the phase 3 boss in the net slum he uses death abd rebearth on me and it kills me every time. fyi lvl 49 lvl39 wepon use blackrose and elk both lvl 50. plz help[/quote]

You are talking about Magus, right? It has been a while, but I still remeber that one. First of get plently of good armor and fighting stats for your characters, and plently of revival and healing scrolls for yourself. For your group use a Wavemaster and a Heavyblade, which you have listed (I prefere Mistral over Elk, she seems to work better). Here is what each character should be doing:

Wavemaster- Healing and revival, nothing else.
Heavyblade- Chasing Magus, occasionally have her use special attacks, though hack & slash works too.
Yourself- destroy those leaves. If the counter on any one of them reaches zero you are in for a rude awakening. Once the leaves are cleaned up Magus will unleash a strong attack. Heal quickly and start cutting into him before he drops more leaves. Once he start dropping them again jusr repeat the above steps. Eventually he will protect break, but it takes time, as with all of the Phases.

[QUOTE]ya we're in the same boat. how the heak do u get a grunty?[/QUOTE]

Grunties are found in the Grunty ranches located on every server save for Delta (Mac Anu). Here is how to find each ranch starting from the chaos gates:

Dun Loreag (Theta Sever): Just go straight, to the other end of the map.
Carmina Gatalica (Lamda Server): Turn around and go forward. Turn right at the T-interesction.
Fort Ouph (Sigma Server): Same as Dun Loreag, go to the far end of the map.
(Omega Server): It's right in front of you. You cant miss it.

To get a specific type of Grunty you must feed it a certain combination of foods (look at cheat code sites for the type of foods, its easier and less random), which are found in the Fields. There are three Grunties in each server. Two are unique to each server, and one is the reject found in every server (one with an irritating French accent).

• 8 months later...
Guest Stafal-chan
[quote name='DotHacker32']Yall know the .Hack//SIGN viideo games? I have parts 1-3 and im debating whether or not I should get the last one. I mean, there kinda all of the same except what happens next in the story. Should I get it?[/quote]

yup i just bought the 4th one... i dunno about u but i dun think i could stand leaving something like that unresovled ya kno? like u played the first three shouodn't u finish besides i found the 4th one to be quite interesting but i dun wanna spoil it...besides u get the 4th anime dvd of .hack//limnality and they're some fun bonus thing sin there ^_^

[QUOTE=Gelgoog Pilot]Now let me ask you this dot hacker.......why would you buy oh say the first to episodes of the old star wars sieries, having never seen it, but decided to not get the last one. It would be pointless, that games are suppose to be the same except for the plot because it was designed to be ONE big game, a series basically. How would you like to get accustomed to say the battle system and controls but have to change everytime you advanced the plot far enough?

Anyway, no hard feelings I have all four and they are great, though hunting for viral cores sometimes makes me angry heh.[/QUOTE]

yeah hunting for cores is annoying especially when u get an item instead of a core... i've had my data drain gauge in "danger" a bunch of times b/c i couldn't get the friken core... speaking of which i need to get two G cores and two J cores.... cya....

[quote name='Chocobo Gene']Well I live in England, and the .Hack series has yet to full reach our shores, we have only really received the firdt part in the series, and i look forward to playing the others, I unfortunaltley never saw the series (I am so ashamed) and I just wanna know if it's worth buying the otheres, and if so how good are they, and what are they like, also any info on the series would be appreciated, are the games and series connected?[/quote]

wow u live in england thats cool ^_^ i live in america... gas rates suck right now... anyway... yeah they're great the story progresses throught all 4 i'm in the 4th one myself... get 'em all but they usually cut off at pretty juicy spots making u want the next one.

[quote name='Gale']Hi! I haven't finished any of my .hack games. There starting to get a bit boring. I really don't want to lose all interest. Does anyone have anything they would like to share with me? (sorry if my thread is a bit sloppy. This is my first.)[/quote]

keep at it thats wat happen to my one friend and i ended up lending her the games b/c she wanted to try again. push though sometimes it does get dull (like when u have to search for virus cores b/c that takes forever) but it gets a faster pace after u beat the first one.

[quote name='Gale']Sorry! I try to figure out more about all this and where to put things. Anyway, I don't want to lose interest. Do you know anything interesting in the game, like hidden stuff I could look for?[/quote]

YES... u know how in the boards it says theres the little goblins u fight and when u beat them u get items keep them<-(i didn't and i should have) b/c if u equip all of those items at once i believe u can summon something but i'm not sure thats a little tip i picked up from a npc in the game... could be wrong but give it a try i can't beat the one stupid little goblin and i gave a lot of my other rare goblin items to other ppl soo i'm still trying...

[quote name='sakurasuka][COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Century Gothic]His special attack... that's what gets me, all right. Love the games, get the last one, I think, but I need help with Magus, too... Been on him forever, practically, and I just can't seem to win... Any hints? Recommended partys? Anything?[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

well i took blackrose and mistral but heres a better tip... u obviously have urself a twin blade they have fast and quick moves but they're attacks don't seem to cause as much damage as heavy blades. so blackrose is ur best heavy blade bet plus she plays a huge role in the story line so u'll need her to be strong.(by the way i hate piros he annoys me so much) and then u need a healer. i took mistral and i made sure i gave her equipment with the most powerful healing spells that work on the entire group. try getting a la repth or an ola repth. u'll need to trade around don't use shop items they aren't as good. (sry this is long ^_^) so you use the command skills then immidiatly scroll to mistrals name and put her on first aid. then u and blackrose or someone else hack away at magus till u data drain it then if u want switch everyone to skills so they attack and use powerful magic. if elk is strong use him instead but unfortunatly (i dun wanna spoil) elk can sometimes be unavailable. so work on mistral and blackrose they become bigger players. hope this helps ^_^

[quote name='Aura']NO NO NO!!!!!!! NO ONE UNDERSTANDS!!!!!!!!!! i started a new game a few days ago and i tried to play "Epitath" and it wont play!! The screen just goes BLACK!!! AAHH!!!! argh argh argh...... this makes no sense....i cleaned my disc last night and im sure its not my playstation2 i checked that also..... my memory card if fine.........hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....i wonder.......All of the other movies work.......just not "Epitath"......WAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!?!?!?!? AAAHHHHH!!!!!!! im scared.........[/quote]

^_^ umm not to be rude but i think ur overreacting a little... it is only a game... there's probably just somethin wrong with the disc... sry to get away from the topic but

does anyone else really want the story the epitaph of the twighlight i wanna read it it sounds so cool... ^_^

[QUOTE=Blackrose_][COLOR=Indigo]Hey everyone, I want to know what people think of the .hack games...please tell me what you think about them, who do you use in your party the most, if you have the games, which games you have played, which ones have you beat, what is your favorite monster, and what level are you now.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Magenta]I know thats a lot of info to know but I really want to know what other people think of the games besides myself. :) [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red]Also, tell the truth about what you think, I dont want to hear a bunch of bull crap so just tell me the truth, ok? :smirk: [/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]I merged this with the original .hack games thread. Before making a new thread, please do a quick search for threads covering the same topic. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color][/QUOTE]

thoughts: i like 'em they're fun and interesting they have pretty music too.
games played: 1,2,and 3 and i just started 4
Beat: 1, 2, 3 and like i said above i just got 4 for x-mas
fav monster: umm... i like macha ^_^ hee hee i watched .hack//SIGN macha was a my fav character but the phase macha is also very cool looking. i also like skeith who was sora. sora became skeith
i'm at level 74 i needa level up a little more right now and i need collect those damn virus cores... T_T grrr
my fav chracter: is kite himself his voice over is mona marshall the one who did tsukasa's voice over and Toboe's from wolf's rain ^_^ sry i'm such a dork ^_^, blackrose is cool, i love mistral i was sooo sad when she had to go away opps sry spoiler ^_^ ummm moonstone is cool, mia,and elk. oh love balmung an wiseman wiseman is Naraku's voice over from inuyasha
hated chracters: Piros his is so *******annoying, umm the Nuke dude he's annoying too

[color=#4B0082]I merged all your posts into one. In the future, please insert quote tags manually if you'd like to quote multiple posts. Double posting, triple posting, etc., is against the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?][u]rules[/u][/url]. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

• 4 weeks later...
[COLOR=Red]hello! i got all 4 of the .hack//games and it only took up my whole summer vatation!:catgirl: it's the only RPG game that i actually beat by myself...well my brother beat Skeith for me but Skeith was the hardest boss in the game to me! heck, the final boss wasn't even as hard as him. HA! well atleast i beat the game unlike my bro who didn't even finish Infection and my friend Steven who got stuck and gave up! never give up! :lecture: lol..when i beat the game i felt so cool. :cool: but i still need to get the rest of the goblins though... :animeangr [/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
I could have sworn I replied to this thread... perhaps I didn't...
I have .hack//mutation, and i got stuck when I had to fight that thing that looks like a puzzle peice/mosaic. it kept killing me..
I'm wondering if perhaps I missed something because I hadn't visited all the places on my word lists, but I had visited all the places that had checkmarks by them....
Am I totally missing something??

Thank you! I was rather confused for a sec there. Though I was goin crazy!
But seriously, I can't beat this puzzle face thing, you kinda gotta chase it and then when you fight it nothing you do causes any real damage to him, I was thinking that maybe it was the final boss?
I've tried exploring and everything, and had no luck, so I finally gave up, but I'd really like to keep playing it... so if anyone has any tips please help me!

Edit: YAY, I found a .hack//mutation strategy guide at Chapters for 7 bucks!! SCORE!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stafal-chan
~sigh~ well i'm on number 4 Quarentine... i'm not to far though... i just beat Phase 6 and now i have to go to the next Phase but i'm outta supplies and outta money to buy more :animeswea soo now i'm putting off going and doing stuff in the game to make some money so i can restock and go fight the next Phase... hee hee i'll get back to it eventually...

Ya .Hack is one of the best games ever. I finished the first one by renting it ,but then they took the games off the shelves!!GAH!! :animeangr
Now i have to find a way to buy them and I'm not aloud to use ebay or anything like that. :animesigh
I'm going to put an ad in the paper or something... hopefully I'll get them all in a few weeks time.

[FONT=Garamond]I LOVE THE .HACK SERIES!!! so much it is great. if you like rpgs or a simulation of an mmorpg then you will love the fourth one plus i just started it and i aready love it!!!! [/FONT] :animesmil

Guest Stafal-chan
[QUOTE=_Kenshin_]Ya .Hack is one of the best games ever. I finished the first one by renting it ,but then they took the games off the shelves!!GAH!! :animeangr
Now i have to find a way to buy them and I'm not aloud to use ebay or anything like that. :animesigh
I'm going to put an ad in the paper or something... hopefully I'll get them all in a few weeks time.[/QUOTE]

i've been finding them used (and still in good condition) in normal stores...well they are hard to find so if i ever spotte one i would grab it fast no matter what the price was ^_^. i have all four though... call it ocd but i felt liike i had to own everysingle one of them...oh you know what the spine of the cases when you line them up in order has Kite riding the Noble Grunty ^_^

Ya I go to the stores almost every day hoping there's one of them on the shelves, but no luck yet.

I noticed that when I seen them in a store for rent, but now those are gone.

I have really bad luck, I went to the store and asked if they have the game and someone had bout Mutation just 10 minutes before I arrived.

I used to rent it, but then one day I went to the video store and it wasn't there, turned out it was on sale for $14.99 Try checking out used bins at video stores and keep an eye out at EB games. You could probably even get them to order it for you.

I was stuck for a bit, but now I got a guide. Horray for me!

Ebay could always be a resort, but you don't know what kind of quality it is. You could get something in Japanese for all you know, or it could have scratches or glitches. You gotta take it with a grain of salt. Perhaps as a last resort if you really want the game. But if your going to go online, your better bet would be [URL=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008O0YD/103-1042487-6704620?v=glance]Amazon[/URL] (Link), at least you know you'll get what you pay for.

I'd definately check out your video game retailers, they could at least try to order a game in. Perhaps a store in a neighboring city has one. And if they don't, then you could go online.

YAY!!!! I got lucky today, and my mom found one of her friends sons have //infection and //mutation. Woot! He was going to sell them to eb games ,but now he's going to sell them to me this weekend.
I hope they have the liminality discs in them.

Oh and I didn't actually ever find out, but after Kite uses data drain a lot does he die or something and you get a gameover?