OtakuBoards

.hack//INFECTION / MUTATION / OUTBREAK / QUARANTINE

DotHacker32

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stafal-chan
[QUOTE=dog dancing1]A girl, hmmmmm can't remember who you get...But in quarantine you get the main people in dot hack//sigh

But not crim poor crim hes pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

when do you get them??? i haven't played to far into quarentine yet but i see the people running aroudn the towns like bear mimiru and a-20

[quote name='Stafal-chan']when do you get them??? i haven't played to far into quarentine yet but i see the people running aroudn the towns like bear mimiru and a-20[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]
[spoiler]After you beat Corbenik at the end, Helba emails you and gives you her member address, as well as Sora's, Tsukasa's, and Subaru's. Helba is a very good character, since she's a hacker, with maximum stats and very good equipment. Sora's at level 90, but his messages are always l337 speak and can get annoying. Tsukasa and Subaru, however, are only at level 5 and 15 (respectively), though I'm sure you could just take them to a high level area and use Operation Recover if you really wanted to level them up.

I just beat Quarantine yesterday, and I thought I was going to cry when Sora appeared during the second section of the battle with Corbenik. That's probably because I cried when he was data drained in the last episode of .hack//SIGN, about two years ago. Meloves some Sora. I wish you could make a party with Mimiru, though, she's my favorite character out of all of them.[/spoiler]

I was going to try to have a .hack Marathon today, in which I would try to beat all four games in one day. I even woke up around 6:30 AM. I lost interest soon after I started, though, and I don't think I could beat all four again in 24 hours. After all, it took me a little less than a week each to beat Mutation and Outbreak (I was pretty obsessed then, after spending over a year off and on with Infection, and now a year off and on with Quarantine). I borrowed the fourth game from my boyfriend about a year ago, and I'm happy that I can finally give it back to him. I'm just hoping he will remember to let me borrow Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. [/FONT]

Guest Stafal-chan
oh i see...^_^ so you get them after you beat the game ^_^...hee hee yeha i'm gonna focus on quarentine now ^_^ hee hee since i beat KH2

now, i'm super mad, i still can't get outbreak and quarantine and what makes it all worse is that someone broke into our house and robbed us, and most of my games are gone, i'm still searching to see if mutation was stolen, but at least i have infection, and they stole 110$ out of my wallet!!!!
Well, to the gaming, how hard is it to get all the items for the item quest? Is there any reward from doing it other then 100% completion of items?

Guest Stafal-chan
[QUOTE=_Kenshin_]now, i'm super mad, i still can't get outbreak and quarantine and what makes it all worse is that someone broke into our house and robbed us, and most of my games are gone, i'm still searching to see if mutation was stolen, but at least i have infection, and they stole 110$ out of my wallet!!!!
Well, to the gaming, how hard is it to get all the items for the item quest? Is there any reward from doing it other then 100% completion of items?[/QUOTE]

ah that really sucks....ohhh haha hmmm there's an item quest ~_~ hmmm... hee hee yaay items...ah but i can't beat this one stupid goblin it annoys me :mad: ...the MartinaR i believe is it's name...even when i put it to sleep and attack it doesn't damage it and it;s magic tolerance T_T damn goblins...

[quote name='Stafal-chan']ah that really sucks....ohhh haha hmmm there's an item quest ~_~ hmmm... hee hee yaay items...ah but i can't beat this one stupid goblin it annoys me :mad: ...the MartinaR i believe is it's name...even when i put it to sleep and attack it doesn't damage it and it;s magic tolerance T_T damn goblins...[/quote]
umm... isn't that the goblin from the end of mutation? you can buy wolf bane or something that takes off the magic tolerance from the second town... I think it's called Theta and at the scroll shop they'll sell some to you only a couple hundred each. =]

Guest Stafal-chan
[quote name='_Kenshin_']umm... isn't that the goblin from the end of mutation? you can buy wolf bane or something that takes off the magic tolerance from the second town... I think it's called Theta and at the scroll shop they'll sell some to you only a couple hundred each. =][/quote]

hee hee ^_^ yeah i'm always broke in that game..oh yeah well basically after many attempts in mutation i got annoyed with it and ignored it for all of outbreak...hee hee :animeswea

[quote name='Stafal-chan']hee hee ^_^ yeah i'm always broke in that game..oh yeah well basically after many attempts in mutation i got annoyed with it and ignored it for all of outbreak...hee hee :animeswea[/quote]
I found her quite easy since I used haste and bane and then a lvl 2 dark spell.
Yay, 100% unlocked in mutation, I found it in the bathroom under the washing machine... the theify person must of dropped it or something... luckly.

In Outbreak and Quarantine is there any special armor like goblin and goblin R?
Also, I now have new hate for Marlo, gah what he says gets really annoying.

Guest Stafal-chan
[QUOTE=_Kenshin_]I found her quite easy since I used haste and bane and then a lvl 2 dark spell.
Yay, 100% unlocked in mutation, I found it in the bathroom under the washing machine... the theify person must of dropped it or something... luckly.

In Outbreak and Quarantine is there any special armor like goblin and goblin R?
Also, I now have new hate for Marlo, gah what he says gets really annoying.[/QUOTE]

hmm but i dunno i never used Marlo to much ^_^ but i think he looks cool ^_^ i dunno bout armor i never beat the mutation goblin :animeswea heh heh ...i think my fav character is Moonstone ^_^ oh BTW i think .hack//G.U comes out sometime this year ^_^ saw some trailers for it ^_^ it looks really cool ^_^ hee hee the official .hack website has lotsa good info ^_^ i dunno if you like ordering stuff online but there may be a way through that site i dunno i don't order things online...go to [url]www.dothack.com[/url] okay ^_^

ok. well here is my perdiciment, i am playing the last .hack game, .hack//quarentine and im haveing trounle finding a J virus core right now. I am aware that you find them in the omega server and that you have to data drain the small monsters to get it but here's the catch... when ever i run into a small monster i start to fight it (just to weaken the monster and get the virus core) but by the time that it gets to low hit points it just croaks it doesnt even data break so i cant even use data drain in the first place. :animedepr well anyways if you have any advice please, PLEASE! tell me :catgirl:

[quote name='Senko']ok. well here is my perdiciment, i am playing the last .hack game, .hack//quarentine and im haveing trounle finding a J virus core right now. I am aware that you find them in the omega server and that you have to data drain the small monsters to get it but here's the catch... when ever i run into a small monster i start to fight it (just to weaken the monster and get the virus core) but by the time that it gets to low hit points it just croaks it doesnt even data break so i cant even use data drain in the first place. :animedepr well anyways if you have any advice please, PLEASE! tell me :catgirl:[/quote]
Ya i had to do that in the mutation, but i was to strong for them so what i did was put the other party members on heal or something so they won't attack and have kite solo them by the time they almost die and it says core break, so i just wait for the data drain.... but i got struck with bad luck and had to data drain like 50 times before i got a core.

Guest Stafal-chan
haha i hate collecting cores with a burning passion..it's so annoying ^_^ oh with the finding a small monster you're to strong for....try switching to lower level blades ^_^ because that will lower your attack ^_^ i finally beat the mutation goblin ^_^ oh and to _kenshin_ yes there will be more goblin chasing cept [spoiler] now you have to kill 3 it's the worst cuz they heal eachother :animeswea though it's really not to difficult just yet [/spoiler] ^_^ haha yeah i'm still workin through .hack rather slowly i get bored with it very easily because the dungeons are sooo long sometimes... :animeswea espcially when i seem to take almost every dead end possible :animeswea

[quote name='Stafal-chan'] :animeswea espcially when i seem to take almost every dead end possible :animeswea[/quote]
usually i just use a fairy orb to tell me where im going i sell rare items that i already have and then i stock up on like 99 fairy orbs and then im not bothered with it for years :animesmil

Guest Stafal-chan
^_^ heehee smart cept i'm usually broke in that game to start ^_^ heehee i didn't know you could use fairy orbs in dungeons..hee hee :animeswea i never actually thought to try that ^_^

[quote name='Stafal-chan']^_^ heehee smart cept i'm usually broke in that game to start ^_^ heehee i didn't know you could use fairy orbs in dungeons..hee hee :animeswea i never actually thought to try that ^_^[/quote]
Lol, must've taken a while to beat, I usually open all chests and defeat all monsters in each dungeon... not the field it takes to long, so then I don't have to travel to random dungeon later on trying to level before a story dungeon.

you guys dont clear the field or the dungeons??? well that is why your broke. if you want to get money what i do is sell whatever i never use and whatever i know i will never use. it works very well trust me i have 200,000 gp right now :animeknow

Guest Stafal-chan
gaaah it takes to long :animecry: i dont always have the patience to clear the field and dungoens especially not the fields :animeswea

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Stafal-chan']gaaah it takes to long :animecry: i dont always have the patience to clear the field and dungoens especially not the fields :animeswea[/quote]

I find that to be the fun part about .Hack, and seeing how most of the game is about killing monsters and collecting data bugs, unlocking gates and so on and so forth, why not just play through it? I mean that's really all the game is about aside from the story, but it's one of the most fun games i have ever played ironically even though it's the most repetitive.

Im on the third portion of the series and cant wait to start the fourth, but sadly its packed away in storage and im broke right now so i'll have to wait anyway.
:animecry:

[QUOTE=Obesepanda]
Im on the third portion of the series and cant wait to start the fourth, but sadly its packed away in storage and im broke right now so i'll have to wait anyway.
:animecry:[/QUOTE]

at the moment im on the fourth one and trust me so far it is pretty good. i like although the level of the donguons (wow i cant believe i dont know how to spell that) do get much higher over night. so i do recemend levieling up before hand. :catgirl:

Guest Haseo
ive beatin all four working on the item list im down to 174 items its hard to find items when you get this far im also waiting on dothack gu to come out in america now it been in japan for about a week now

[color=darkred]Okay, two things.

The issue of post quality is seriously going to have to improve if this thread is to stay open. Talking about the game is fine, but I've noticed that as time goes on, the more and more each post lacks substance, and more over, there's not much in-sight present. I never saw this as a problem before, because I thought that this was a thread where .hack players could gather and simply communicate with each other, but the decline in post quality is a cause for concern.

Also, the use of grammar is lacking, and I mean [i]lacking[/i]. If this thread is to stay open, then I want to see the use of commas, full stops, capitals after full stops, the works. If posts are more eligible to read, then it'll be easier for people to read them, and maybe respond, and further more, it would make my job so much easier.[/color] :animeswea

• 2 weeks later...
Now I'm rather sure someone has already asked this on here, as it's a fairly popular question. But i was doing the whole item completion challenge and am aboot half way done. Iv been mindlessly gathering items without asking myself "what do I even get for this???" Iv been doing it about a 4 months now, and just now asked myself that. :animesigh

So? Anyone out there know?