OtakuBoards

.hack//INFECTION / MUTATION / OUTBREAK / QUARANTINE

DotHacker32

[quote name='Aura']Can anyone hear at the beginning of .Hack//Quarantine ,where they show all those clips, " the barriers have been lifted their all gone, we can go back and forth freely now" . Can anyone hear that????? Plus can u hear " No!! I want to stay as me!!" . Can u hear that too???[/quote]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Yes, I can hear it. [spoiler]Both of those quotes are from Mia. 'the barriers have been lifted, they're all gone. We can go back and forth freely now.' is from the beginning of OUTBREAK. The 'No! I want to stay as me!' is said by Mia just before she transforms into Macha.[/spoiler][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]You probably thought you were going crazy there for a second, right? Well, no, its not just you. Everyone has probably heard that while watching the clips at the beginning of QUARANTINE.[/color][/size][/font]

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also when im on my desktop and i go to audio to watch a clip it wont let me play " Epitath" the very first movie. Also strange things happen when i play my game. This is too freaky. Has this happend to anyone besides me??

[quote name='Aura']Also when im on my desktop and i go to audio to watch a clip it wont let me play " Epitath" the very first movie. Also strange things happen when i play my game. This is too freaky. Has this happend to anyone besides me??[/quote]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Its most likely the disc itself because I have absolutely no troubles playing the game or playing movies with mine. The same with a few of my friends; they can play their discs just fine.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Check your disc. If its scratched up or dirty, then that's your problem. My best suggestion would be to run it under some water and then wipe it off with a towel. If its still not working then find your receipt and see if you can return it to the store for another disc.[/color][/size][/font]

Maybe if you cleaned your disk just in case, yo unever know if that might be the problem, could have happene dif you played the game too much or something like that. OR maybe something is wrong with you game system?

~Laters

Gah. I'm torn on the series; the plot was fantastic, but the gameplay got repetitive after the first game. Oh well, my brother is the one who plays it most, so I suppose I could just walk into the room whenever theres dialogue...lol.

[quote name='Danethol']Gah. I'm torn on the series; the plot was fantastic, but the gameplay got repetitive after the first game. Oh well, my brother is the one who plays it most, so I suppose I could just walk into the room whenever theres dialogue...lol.[/quote]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]You should try to play them anyway. Yeah, I'll agree that the gameplay does get a bit repetitive after awhile but most hardcore gamers/.hack fans don't really care and can play the game anyway. Repeated dungeon clearing after dungeon clearing does get annoying and is definitely not a fun way to play through the game. Especially the bonus dungeon; there were several times where my controller was thrown across the room, heh.[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Aura']ive checked my disc many times but it freezes every time i play "Epitath". Nothing make senses any more.....[/quote]

The data on your disc may have been messed up when it was created (burned) or the memory card could have corrupted data that causes the game to freeze when it cannot be read. If you can play the movie normally when starting a new game, but not after getting it from the Ryu Books, then I would say the data on the memory card it bad.

The only way to fix that is try to start a new game, and hope it was just a bad save the last time.

NO NO NO!!!!!!! NO ONE UNDERSTANDS!!!!!!!!!! i started a new game a few days ago and i tried to play "Epitath" and it wont play!! The screen just goes BLACK!!! AAHH!!!! argh argh argh...... this makes no sense....i cleaned my disc last night and im sure its not my playstation2 i checked that also..... my memory card if fine.........hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....i wonder.......All of the other movies work.......just not "Epitath"......WAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!?!?!?!? AAAHHHHH!!!!!!! im scared.........

• 1 month later...
[COLOR=Indigo]Hey everyone, I want to know what people think of the .hack games...please tell me what you think about them, who do you use in your party the most, if you have the games, which games you have played, which ones have you beat, what is your favorite monster, and what level are you now.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Magenta]I know thats a lot of info to know but I really want to know what other people think of the games besides myself. :) [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red]Also, tell the truth about what you think, I dont want to hear a bunch of bull crap so just tell me the truth, ok? :smirk: [/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]I merged this with the original .hack games thread. Before making a new thread, please do a quick search for threads covering the same topic. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

I've only beaten up to Mutation and need to get some money for Outbreak. The games are pretty good but they do get boring after a while. I mainly use Kite(of course) Elk, and Gardenia. I don't really have a favorite monster but I like the design of Skeith. Ity would really be great if it was really online instead of simulated.

Definately a great series, and an amazing way to wrap up the story started by .Hack//SIGN. The ending of Quarantine was set up very well, too. The only thing that really annoyed me was the camera control durning the Grunty Races. Though it was easy to win once I got the hang of it.

[b]Level of completion:[/b] 100% I have completed everything in each game. That includes main story, side quests, and even the annoying Item Completion Quest in Quaratine.

[b]Favorite Bosses:[/b] Cubia, Skeith, Maha, and Corbenik

[b]Usual Party Members:[/b] Blackrose and Wiseman, or Mistral

[b]Most Hated Party Memebers:[/b] Rachel, Elk, and Marlo

The game does make you think alot about the conspierisy behind it. I don't think you shold get the next because it is a waste of money. There are to many sequals to it and they all
cost the same amont of money. The developers did that just to make you come back wanting more. They could have made it a two part game instead of four. Sure it may have been a shorter story line but you will have spent a lot less money. With their being four games you pay $200 but if their were two you would pay only $100. They just want you to give them more money!

And that is that!

P.S. I own versions 1-2.

[QUOTE=Blackrose_][COLOR=Indigo]Hey everyone, I want to know what people think of the .hack games...please tell me what you think about them, who do you use in your party the most, if you have the games, which games you have played, which ones have you beat, what is your favorite monster, and what level are you now.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Magenta]I know thats a lot of info to know but I really want to know what other people think of the games besides myself. :) [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red]Also, tell the truth about what you think, I dont want to hear a bunch of bull crap so just tell me the truth, ok? :smirk: [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[size=1][b][color=indigo]What I think about the .hack games:[/b][/color] I think that the .hack games are wonderful games. They're fun to play, even though constant dungeon clearing gets really boring and annoying after awhile. Yeah, buying all four games is very expensive, but true .hack fans should be able to look past that and not care about it.

[b][color=indigo]Most used party members:[/b][/color] Elk and Mia

[b][color=indigo]Least favorite party members:[/b][/color] Rachel and Orca

[b][color=indigo]Games I have played:[/b][/color] I've played all four games, but I only own three(MUTATION, OUTBREAK and QUARANTINE). I've also beaten all four of them, but I'm still working on the Item Challenge in QUARANTINE(I'm more than halfway done).

[b][color=indigo]Favorite monster(s):[/b][/color] Tarvos and Macha

[b][color=indigo]What level am I now:[/b][/color] 99

[b][color=indigo]-Ouka[/b][/color][/size]

[quote name='peopleperson']Hey um there all good games the ones that i played actuallyI am playing the last one i have a Noble Grunty.I want to know how to get a different Gruntie.I also have played the first one but thats it.Its really fun.[/quote]

[size=1]To get different Grunties, you have to make sure that you're feeding the Grunty the food that it asks for. Also, the Grunty that you get depends on its stats. There is a certain way and foods to feed the Grunty to get the adult form that you want, but you'll have to look in an FAQ for that.[/size]

[quote name='Ouka][size=1']To get different Grunties, you have to make sure that you're feeding the Grunty the food that it asks for. Also, the Grunty that you get depends on its stats. There is a certain way and foods to feed the Grunty to get the adult form that you want, but you'll have to look in an FAQ for that.[/size][/quote]

Thanks for the tip ill look. Ive been waiting for that.Noble grunties freak me out.

I've never played any of the .hack games before, but I heard that FFXII's battle system resembles that of one of the other .hack games (Infections, I think). Based on that information, would you say that FFXII should/could be somewhat enjoyable?

I just want to know so as I can get a preview of what it's vaguely going to be like, because FFXI supposedly isn't all that and from what I've gathered, XII takes from there as well.

[QUOTE=King Ansem]I love the entire ".hack//project" the 4 games are awsome I have beaten the game soart of well you know how there is an extra dungon after you beet the game well in part 4 the dungon is the single most difficalt dungon in exsistance of that game
spoiler : 15 levels of data bugs almost all level 95 and normals that max at the
2nd strongest level monsten in the game level 98 :faint:[/QUOTE]
I have all 4 and I beat all 4 games including the extra dunguen and you have to beat temptress lover and dawn wanderer to get mia. I love the .hack project I know almost everything about .hack including .hack//sign and .hack//legend of the twilight I even know about the epitaph of twilight In a summary I know 95% of all the .hack project.
P.S. I didn't complete the item collection (yet) :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

[QUOTE=Ouka][size=1][b][color=indigo]What I think about the .hack games:[/b][/color] I think that the .hack games are wonderful games. They're fun to play, even though constant dungeon clearing gets really boring and annoying after awhile. Yeah, buying all four games is very expensive, but true .hack fans should be able to look past that and not care about it.

[b][color=indigo]Most used party members:[/b][/color] Elk and Mia

[b][color=indigo]Least favorite party members:[/b][/color] Rachel and Orca

[b][color=indigo]Games I have played:[/b][/color] I've played all four games, but I only own three(MUTATION, OUTBREAK and QUARANTINE). I've also beaten all four of them, but I'm still working on the Item Challenge in QUARANTINE(I'm more than halfway done).

[b][color=indigo]Favorite monster(s):[/b][/color] Tarvos and Macha

[b][color=indigo]What level am I now:[/b][/color] 99

[b][color=indigo]-Ouka[/b][/color][/size][/QUOTE]
I love the .hack games I bought all 4 games and I also love the anime and manga .hack//sign and .hack//legend of the twilght also known as .hack//dusk. I beat the game and It was pretty hard but not Impossible I got all the grunties but the hardest part is the item collection event I hear that you get a B.G.M. and A lot of movies. :)
P.S. My favorite charecters are Terajima Ryoko and Subaru
My least favorite are Elk and tsukasa and all the wavemasters because I have to tell them what spell to cast and I don't like that.

[color=#4B0082]Combined the double post. In the future, please just use the Edit button if you'd like to add something to a post. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='Aura']NO NO NO!!!!!!! NO ONE UNDERSTANDS!!!!!!!!!! i started a new game a few days ago and i tried to play "Epitath" and it wont play!! The screen just goes BLACK!!! AAHH!!!! argh argh argh...... this makes no sense....i cleaned my disc last night and im sure its not my playstation2 i checked that also..... my memory card if fine.........hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....i wonder.......All of the other movies work.......just not "Epitath"......WAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!?!?!?!? AAAHHHHH!!!!!!! im scared.........[/quote]

I had this problem as well... from what I understand, the problem (in my case)was a combination of two things; one, the data layer of the game disks is thiner than normal, look at the silver parts of the disk and you will note that you can actually see through it to an extent. now that alone would not be a problem, but at the time, I Had a ver. 1 PS2, which apparently have a defect in their optic drive, they, to put it in easy terms actually go blind. That is to say the optics go bad, rendering the device useless. because of the translucence of the .hack diskes even a partially damaged drive may fail to read the disk. I know you said the rest of your game works, butfor me at first, only parts of the game did not function, just as you said, but one day it failed to load alltogether. if your PS2 isn't one of the new versions (the one with the built in remote reciever for the DVD remote) this may be your problem, and if it is a new one, the drive is still not completely stable, but further damage can be prevented (i've been told) by setting the PS2 up vertically. if the drive of either version continues to deteriorate, you may lose the ability to play PS1 games and blue backed diskes on your PS2 as well... At any rate I hope I have been Informative

[color=#4B0082]- - - - - - - - - - - - -[/color]

I want to clarify something... to see what i mean about translucence, hold the disk in front of a light source such as a light bulb. you will see not only the glow of the bulb but but its suroundings as well. for a device that is designed to reflect light, this is not a good thing. the reason for the movie epitaph not working is quite simple its data is atleast partially on an area of reduced reflectiveness. also DONT use a solvent when cleaning disks, but Im sure you know that.

[color=#4B0082]I combined your double post. In the future, please just edit your posts if you have something to add, as double posting is against the rules. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
[quote name='DotHacker32']Yall know the .Hack//SIGN viideo games? I have parts 1-3 and im debating whether or not I should get the last one. I mean, there kinda all of the same except what happens next in the story. Should I get it?[/quote]

DotHackerX: i have almost beaten the 4th dot hack game and the story is amazing. if you dont play it for the challange (after you beat the cursed wave, there are side quests) do it for the story.

P.S. the final dungon is hell. 15 levels and the monsters are all data bugs. iv beeen tryin it for 6 months.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

DotHackerX: does any1 kno how to beat the final dungon in dot hack part 4. i mean the one in "OMEGA hidden darkside holy ground" its got 15 leveles and all the monsters are data bugs if any1 has a easy way or anyway to beat it plz either post here, or email me at [email][email protected][/email]

Thx

[color=#4B0082]Merged the double post. Please use the Edit feature if you'd like to add something to a post, as double posting is against the rules. Thanks. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

[size=1]I've read that if you have your character's level all the way up to 99 that the Data Infection does not increase as much as it would if your level happened to be lower than that. The only other things I can really say for advice is to skip all of the portals outside the dungeon and take the shortest route to the next level of the dungeon. Also, I'd suggest taking a Heavy Blade with you as your third party member.

Other than that, its purely luck. It took me about three or four times to finally get all the way through it, but those three or four times were spanned over about four months, heh.[/size]