OtakuBoards

Trendwhoring

Kinetic

[url="http://www.deviantart.com/view/6494171/"]http://www.deviantart.com/view/6494171/[/url]

It seems as though noone here liked my last piece, the minimalistic one (except for Mimmi), even though the design groups I'm in loved it. Be that as it may, I decided to try some 3D renders on for size with brushing. I'd make my own renders, but my computer locks up when I run 3D Studio Max now, so I'm using a pack I downloaded. Hope you like.

Renders: [url="http://smashmethod.deviantart.com"]http://smashmethod.deviantart.com[/url]
Tech Brush: [url="http://nightingale01.deviantart.com"]http://nightingale01.deviantart.com[/url]

[size=1][color=darkred]*looks around dumbfounded* No one replied to this yet ?.... *grins and adjusts her glasses*

This is [i]delicious[/i]. The color, how you shaded it, placement of everything. Just [b]delicious[/b].

I can imagine this being some kind of cave (simply because the color is bouncing around, much like it would in a cave if there were light in it), or possible somewhere in a space ship... or [i]in[/i] space, hehe.

The way you've only framed the left and upper side of the image is quite effective. It signals that it isn't completely boxed in, but moves somewhat freely.
Your design on the "border" makes it look like the image is a snapshot, or ... not a blue-print maybe but ... if you've seen X-2 (the scene where[spoiler]Mystique goes through Stryker's files)[/spoiler]) you'll get an idea of what I mean.

Some random thoughts I get: it looks like ladders have been inserted and is meshing with the wires/cables, suggesting this could be a place where thoughts/ideas dwell and wander.

Because you've 'highlighted' the center of the image, using lighter blues and the white, it appears that it is either about to explode... or it serves to show that it holds some unknown importance. That whatever is hiding inside the core, is meaningful.

*shrugs and smiles* There's my bag of chips ^_^[/color][/size]

[color=gray]Long live Energy Formed by Movement's trend whorishness!

I must say, you being trend whorish is far more appealing to the eye than when you are doing those weird sharp liney figures which you lately did a lot lol.
This piece is marvelous. Nice light. Nice 3D rendering. Nice pixel stuff at the sides, nice everything ^_^;;
[size=1]It would look better if the bg was bright instead of black.. An undercover Girl caught my attention on that part.[/size]

Great job Electricity Formed by Movement![/color]

*mouth drops open*

[b][i][u]HOLY CRAP!!!!!! [/u][/i][/b]

That is amazing Kinetic. I love this (and for the record I love the other new pipe-like style too. ). The first word that comes to mind (after HOLY CRAP!!!) is perfection. I seem to use that word alot when speaking of your work. This one, in my mind, is sheer perfection.

The color is lush and inviting. It is just appealing to the eyes. It makes you take in the piece as a whole rather than as a blue section then a white section then another blue section. It smoothes it out. It's just so darn pretty! ^__^ It's like sex for the eyes....it is sensory overload. Nice simile, huh? ^__~

The actual shape in the foreground is quite amazing. I don't think I could ever do anything such as that. It is sharp and jagged yet at the same time smooth and flowing. Rather neat, I think. It seems as though it is the place where all ideas collide. The stairs are kind of dead ends; the ideas that lead to nowhere. Further to the left side there are shapes that look like roots; the ideas that have taken hold. And the ropes....those are teh almost ideas. The ideas that have either almost taken shape or even those that are about to become "roots". Sounds crazy...

I love that half-border thing you have going on there. The blue-print feel to it is cool.

As Mimmi said the center is lighter so it draws your attention. I think that is the case because it kind of lets you see that it stretches on for a looooooooong time. You can just barely see it stretching down.

Kinetic, you are awesome. The roxors some might even say. And don't you dare say I heap to much praise on you. You deserve it buddy. Great Work yet again! ^__^

You gotta remember guys, I didn't make the 3D structures. I was just reading through the comments and I thought to myself "Wow, they must not realize that I didn't do the 3D," lol. All I did was the brushing and the lighting, plus the background. Thanks for all of the wonderful comments though :)

[size=1]Wow, that is great Kinetic. May I use that as my Wallpaper? But for the rating... I really have nothing to say except "brilliant." This is by far your best work in my opinion. The only thing is the text placement, which I think could be better, along with the font. But other than that, it is brilliant.[/size]

Guest ScirosDarkblade
Hey this is some good stuff. I decided to check out your entire gallery and it's impressive. I like the lighting a great deal, and overall there is good flow to the piece. I'm not much of a 3D artist myself (even pseudo-3D) because I can't use 3DSMax or Maya worth a damn, but maybe I'll look into it sometime. I just draw and color; very simple. Well, I can't really offer much constructive criticism, other than that it looks neat, especially the staircases. Keep up the good work.

[quote name='ScirosDarkblade']Hey this is some good stuff. I decided to check out your entire gallery and it's impressive. I like the lighting a great deal, and overall there is good flow to the piece. I'm not much of a 3D artist myself (even pseudo-3D) because I can't use 3DSMax or Maya worth a damn, but maybe I'll look into it sometime. I just draw and color; very simple. Well, I can't really offer much constructive criticism, other than that it looks neat, especially the staircases. Keep up the good work.[/quote]
I hate having to use another person's render in the first place, but whenever I run 3DS Max, my computer locks up. I hate it -_-

Thanks for the comments though :) And you can definately use it as your wallpaper Hatake. That's one reason I make these things, for other people's use :p