OtakuBoards

Gundam SEED

Arkad

[quote name='Sakura'][color=navy]Oooh, I've never seen any of the older Gundams. Destiny was my first Gundam anime since I never had access to any of the others.

Whether SEED is better than Destiny is debatable. In my own personal opinion, if I had to choose which is better I would say SEED just because it builds the story for SEED. If you're going to watch Destiny without SEED (Tombstone) it may help to have a little prior knowledge. But anyway, I like both, Destiny's quite cute and more than a little twisted. Has some good plot twists in it.[/color][/QUOTE]
Took a long time to reply to this message, but I'm finally getting around to it, haha. I see what you mean by having a little prior knowledge of it because I just finished watching episodes 3-6 (I know, it's been a whole year, going on 2 and I'm only reaching episode 6 XD), and I'm confused out the wazoo lol. (I still haven't seen Gundam Seed.) Whose story is this suppose to be, or rather, whose the main character? (Dagger, I can certainly go for one of your synopsis :).)

That said, I finally learned a few characters names. (Ray, Shin, Athrun... uh, uh... Luna..something, and Durandal?) Right now that princess girl and Shin are the ones that're getting on my nerves a bit. That girl just don't ever shutup. And Shin (well both really) act like everyone should take pity on them or something.... (waits to see more episodes before really giving a verdict on them, haha.)

I know of Kira. My friend talked about him when GS was on adult swim. (I was not into the Gundam series at that time.) When is that guy going to start getting into the nitty gritty of things? (I don't want episode # per se, but more like a "very soon", "soon", or "ways to go" type thing.) I want to see what that guy is about.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]Haha, wow. Feels like it's been ages.

Magus, I totally know how you feel because I happened to watch Destiny before SEED so I was completely confused with characters.

For your question of who the main character is....that's where it gets a little complicated. One of the more prominent opinions among fans is that the story was originally supposed to be about [B]Shinn[/B], with him being the main character, but eventually throughout the story he takes a bit of a backseat to [B]Kira[/B] (main character from SEED). The reason fans think this is because the producers thought everyone wanted to see Kira more, so they did start to focus on him a lot, and Shinn's character kinda got messed up in the process. Because a lot of people think that if they continued to develop Shinn well, he would have been a great character, since he showed a lot of potential at the beginning.

Yes, Cagalli (princess girl) and Shinn get annoying early on, but there are others that are worse =P

As for the question on Kira, he starts to become more important later, around the second quarter of the series? I'm kinda bad at estimation and it's been a while since I watched it and I can't even remember what's happened by episode 6.

Feel free to ask anything else and I'll do my best to answer questions. =3[/SIZE][/COLOR]

So, either way, Athrun is just a supporting character? Finally, that's cleared up.

There are more people more annoying than those 2 characters? Oh dear, that kind of makes me cautious now.

From what I saw of episode 6

[spoiler]The planet thingy (Jun... 7) was broken into 3 pieces, but there is still one large chunk of it falling towards earth. It ended with Kira looking up at the sky.[/spoiler] (I only knew it was him cause some girl with pink hair called his name XD)

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]Well, I'm not quite sure how to provide information without possible spoilers.

Athrun is [I]sort[/I] of a supporting character, but he's a very strong part of both stories (Shinn and Kira), so maybe you can consider him a sub-main character? ><;; Like, as in he's a main character in some parts, but typically the focus is still situated on Shinn or Kira.

But overall Athrun is one of my favourite characters from both series (other is Kira =D). If you'd like more info on his background I'm more than happy to help, but I don't want to put it down now just in case you don't. =)[/SIZE][/COLOR]