OtakuBoards

Gundam SEED

Arkad

[quote name='Kagomefreak']I'm so mad 'cause I have no idea what the heck your talking about :flaming: ![/quote]

[color=crimson][size=1]Kagomefreak, please try to put more thoughts into your post. Posts like this are considered spam, as they do not help the discussion along. If you are angry, perhaps you should be more detailed as to what you don't understand instead of replying in this way. Thank you. *QA*[/color][/size]

[quote name='Kagomefreak']Waz I Speaking To U? Please Do Mined Ur Own Bussness Thanks I Met The Show Or Wat Every The Dude Infront Waz Sayin[/quote]

[color=crimson][size=1]I'm sorry to inform you of this since you didn't realize to notice, but I am one of the moderators of this forum and every single post therein, whether spoken directly to me or not, is my business. You will not speak to me in such a rude way, as you were the one breaking the rules. And in this latest post, your quality is absolutely horrible. Once again, it is considered spam, and once again, it will be deleted. *QA*[/color][/size]

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest milleye
Where are people able to watch Gundam SEED in advance? It seems like people see it on videos they aquire elsewhere...can I get them from a local Blockbusters? Or must I go somewhere else?

milleye

If you live in the United States and have basic cable, you should be able to see Gundam SEED on Cartoon Network. It airs every Saturday night at 10:30 p.m. EST. The first DVD will come out sometime toward the beginning of August, so until then you won't be able to rent it anywhere (besides, Netflix is probably a better option than Blockbuster). Most of the participants in this thread are familiar with the series either because they downloaded fansubs created during its original run in Japan, or because they watch Toonami, in which case they haven't seen very much of SEED yet. I fall into the second group. ^_^;

~Dagger~

Thank you firstly, Dagger for defending the grammer and punctuation. Fortitude is a virtue.

Now, Domon, I'm glad we have someone in here who actually can appriciate more than just SEED. Most people who don't like Gundam Wing (in my experience) just don't understand its politics. Sad as it is, but people don't like things they can't grasp.

Maybe this isn't some people's case. Wing was sheer art.

As for SEED, I've not seen much of it, but from what I can see, it looks great. The only thing that bugs me is that it might be a little too slanted toward female audiences, hence the dripping romance, drama, etc. The animation is sheer genius, as it looks as if I'm watching it on plasma. Crystal clear depiction.

Now, on to defend Universal Century. For those who don't know what this is, run, don't walk to your local anime bootlegger (heh), and buy out the whole UC series. This is may be costly, but you need to be familiar with your roots. It's like running before walking. After that, honor Tomino's genius, along with the other mecha forrunners who made the production possible, and made it the corner stone of nearly every AC series, save G Gundam. Mobile Suit Gundam also is the beginning of a war far too complicated to explain here. Do some research.

Again, much thanks to ardent defenders of Gundam, and all Mecha alike.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Hittokiri Zero']While luckily for you Dagger, SEED doesn't concentrate on romance I'm not sure I exactly agree about the "tender emotions" part. In a way SEED does center around emotions, as time and time again we see how Kira and Athrun are torn apart from having to fight against one another. Okay I admit it all does seem a litte exaggerated but I guess you win some you lose some :p[/quote]

I think the main reason I'm experiencing trouble getting into the emotional aspect of Gundam SEED is that its dub is actually pretty awkward. Though certain actors are undeniably good at playing their roles, overall the English version is uninvolving and just sounds bland. The voices have way too much reverb for my tastes. This is upsetting because I need to decide if I want to buy the show, and I have no way to find out for myself whether or not the Japanese dialogue is significantly better than the English. :/

~Dagger~

I don't know if I am the the only person that thinks this, but to me SEED is the best series since Gundam Wing. I like the struggle between Kira and Athrun. The whole good friends having to fight eachother concept is pretty cool. We can see that they are building up the characters, we have seen a little of more of Kira than Athrun but I think that everything will even out.
Gundam Wing was the first one I watched and is my favorite. It had more action, atleast compared to SEED at this time and the storyline was simpler and easy to grasp. I missed the first episode of SEED and I feel like there is something that I am missing everytim I watch it. The whole story and feel that I get from SEED is opposite in that the storyline has more depth and there is more talk than fight but both shows balance out well.
I never really could have gotten into Mobile Suit Gundam. It was just uninteresting and dull. I think that SEED pulled off that concept better. G Gundam was annoying at first to me because I like the how the war storylines play out in other series. As I watched more I got into it and it was rather pleasant as we got into the whole saga with shwartz and the dark gundam.
Can someone fill me in on 0080 because I only got to watch one or two episodes and I never got the plot. Also, I see you guys have watched so much of the Gundam episodes and I was wondering if you bought the DVD's or is ther a special channel to watch them because I live in the Bahamas and the only thing we have is 55 channel cable or bootleg direct TV(which I don't have). The stored over here suck and I can't but much stuff like anime or video games. I guess the only good things over here are the resorts.

Peace Out

(It's been a long time since I was here, but I'm back.) :D

I like Gundam Seed. I think it's a cool series, but it can never win against Gundam Wing. While watching the series, I would say the graphics are amaziing. however, I love the ending theme song. All the characters are ery cool.

The episode from last Ssaturday was cool. I didn't expect to see the real issue with the princess. I like her dress though.

By all means, Gundam Seed is cool; and I'm glad Cartoon Network aired it.

[COLOR=DarkGreen][FONT=Arial]well Gundam SEED does have a good storyline and graphics + ideals are great too. But its doesnt seem that the charachters in SEED have a more melo-dramatic sense to them. And the Wing charachters have a more "ok lets finish this" personality. But I like them both, they are both great, and by the way can anyone get 'Anna ni Issho Datta no ni' (the ending theme) as an mp3? I cant seem to find it.

Do sveedaneeya[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
Ah the horror! The Gundam SEED thread has died! :rolleyes: Well why don't I revive the thread with some juicy new Gundam SEED gossip... Or should I say [b]Gundam SEED 2[/b] :p

Yes it is more or less official now, a sequel to the fan favorite Gundam SEED is in the works and is scheduled for a October 2004 release. The name of the series...? "Gundam SEED: Destiny" pretty spiffy name ay?

While I won't give away too much of the plot because it brings up references to certain returning characters from Gundam SEED and I know your all just dieing to see who's going to die and who's going to live in typical Gundam fashion at the end of Gundam SEED... I will say that I for one am quite pleased with this decesion to continue the story of Gundam SEED, for if there was one thing in the original series which I hated the mos it was the fact that the series ended too abruptly and left us with too many questions (even the 5-minuted add-on to Gundam SEED still wasn't able to close the void which the ending of the series left =/). So atleast in my opinion Gundam SEED: Destiny is a great way to add on to a good series and improve upon the various flaws that were present in Gundam SEED. The few tidbits which I will tell you about Destiny, which don't contain any spoilers are that the series takes place 1 year after Gundam SEED, and is supposedly going to be modeled in a similar way to Z-Gundam! (Note for those not into Gundam, Z-Gundam is often considered the greatest Gundam Series of all time due to it's dark tone and nature, while I personally have only seen half of the series from what I saw I agree with that general assumption and it will be interesting to see if Gundam SEED: Destiny is able to create a similar dark atmosphere as was present in Z-Gundam or if it just re-uses and alters parts of the storline (like Gundam SEED did with the orignal Gundam Series)).

There are various scans for the series that are floating around on the internet and for those interested I reccomend heading over to GundamPLUS.net and viewing the scans there. *However be aware of any "spoilers"* (just don't read the second news post on the website -_-).

I dont know whether that is a good idea or a bad idea on their part. I say the way it ended was fine. It didn't leave any questions at all, which is pretty hard for an anime series to usually end. Also, most of the time when an anime series ends and then more episodes are added later on they dont usually turn out as good as the original series. I'm not saying that this is going to be and out right p.o.s. on the producers part, but as much as I also want to see more episodes of this series....it should instead just stay the way it is.

• 3 weeks later...
I really haven't seen any other gundams. But gundam seed really got me into mech anime's. I love the chracters. they are full of realism. what got me thinking was, that there are really no bad guys and no good guys. U have to choose. And with the conflict between friends it makes it even harder to choose who you like better.
Kira is kind of like Shinji, from evangelion, in a way. He thinks the Gundam is some destructive weapon that is only meant to kill. WHile that is partly true. Both of them find out that the Gundam (or Eva) can be used to protect. I think that really builds up the tension. Also How Kira is so protective of his friends u can't help but feel sorry for him. My favorite chracter is Mu(i think that is how you spell it) Laflagha.
And it is true that the Jinns do look like the Zaku's from other gundams. Except they looked revamped. And I don't know if the other Gundams have Mobile Armors but I think they are cool.

I must say Gundam seed is a very good show. I missed the first couple of episodes but, thats ok. I think it has a very good story behind it. I don't like that girl Fla, I think thats her name. But I like it better than that Gundam SD, I'm so gald they quit playing that. So if I had to give this story a 1 to 10 I would give it a 9. It a good story and good anime, but Gundam Wing is were it all started.

Yeah, my favorite of all of them is gundam wing, obviously, the beginning of everything else, its the starting point, and one of my favorite series. Everyone has to respect what it started. This is also good, the story is very complex, and I like it alot, I actually like Fla, she doesnt really bother me, I can see why you would not like her though, but for some reason I can stand her.

I like Gundam SEED. It is one of my favorites, as well as Gundam Wing. I like them both but can't say which is better. They both have different storylines, different point of views, and different character aspects. I think if you watch them both you get the best of both worlds.

• 3 months later...
[color=darkred]What did you guys think of the Gundam Seed episode that was shown on Friday?

I thought it was a pritty cool episode.
The fight between [spoiler]Kira and Athrun was amazing.I think that they might not be very close friends anymore since they tried killing each other without hoolding back.[/spoiler] :smirk:
Lol I'm talking about the episode that was shown on Friday not the first episode.That one was shown in June or something like that.^_^

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]I merged your two posts together- please use the 'Edit' button underneath your post if there's something you want to add rather than double-post. Cause that's against the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]Rules[/URL] -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]
[/color]

Personally i think gundam seed is the best of the gundam series. it just really irks me that new episodes air at 1am on fridays. that time slot bites. fridays episode was insane, i cant wait to see what happened. i do know that in the next few episodes there are going to be some big changes to the characters, mobile suits, and even alliances.

Guest jc aka animefan
I think Gundam Seed is great and sweet. I like the new gundams, the characters, and the episodes. I really like Lacus, Cagalli, Athrun, and Kira. hmm... That's all i have to say about Gundam Seed.

All Gundam Series rulz!!! :p :wigout:

• 3 months later...
haven't you guys been noticing that gundam seed destiny's story's been dying... the last few episodes i didn't really like and they really did suck... all boring as **** and i am really dissapointed.. and i agree i hate Shinn, his personality really limits his character development....

hope the anime will be better, probaly will when archangel comes back..
hope the director knows what he is doing...

Episode 20 was just a basic recap on gundam seed.....

it was good in the beginning

Hmmm, I have to disagree. If anything this is probably better then GS by a lot. I like the cast of characters a little better now then in the past and at least not everyone is crying in every episode like it was in GS. Shinn has actual taken over as my favorite character for the most part (or a close second with Athrun). Anyway though i only got to see half of episode 20 since the person i downloaded it from only got half the episode. Even if it was a recap, GS had like a total of 4 of them and its taken 20 episodes to have any recap at all in GS Destiney.

I think the quality of Gundam Seed Destiny is not lower than Gundam Seed, but it has less surprise and excitment for many Gundam Seed fans. For many Gundam Seed fans, it is one of the few Gundam shows they have watched. So, the series brings something new in their enjoyment; even most of Gundam Seed is taken from older Gundam stories. However, when watching Gundam Seed Destiny, they would find it as less enjoyable because the two shows are too similar. Many of the successful "new" ideas from Gundam Seed are reused in Destiny because it is a proven forumla. Unfortunately, if fans are looking for something new, they are going to be disappointed by Destiny. This is also true for the fans of older Gundam. When watching Gundam Seed, they feel that the story is way too predictable since it follows the Gundam formula.

About recap....Seed is guilty for bringing in too many recap scenes and it looks like that Destiny is going to do the exact same thing or more. In the history of Gundam, these latest additions have the most recap episodes and scenes. I don't think we really need to constantly remind of something happpens 2 episodes ago. In the 43 episode long MSG, there is no recap episodes. It is true in the 50 episode Zeta as well. The most recap in UC is Victory Gundam with 2 episodes for a 51 episode long series, which is still half of the amount in Gundam Seed. Also, recap scenes are not used on every single episode. So, I really doubt how long the actual scripts are for each episode of Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny. The recap is going out of control. Maybe they don't have a big enough budget for the shows, so they have to reuse so many scenes.

In Mobile Suit Gundam Seed there seems to be a thread between Kira Yamato and Athrun Zala . I mean besides the fact that they are best friends and all . There seems to be a deep connection between the two of them. Well that is what I sense a deep bond that they don?t want to fight and yet they have to protect the ones they love including themselves. Which is tragic I somewhat in a way understand what they are feeling. The situation can be an example of a game let?s say dodgeball . Where your best friend is on the other team and everyone else has been tagged out and it?s only you and your friend still in . You have to fight each other in order to win the game . In this case the game is a war and the dodge ball is the mobile suits. I know that this sounds dumb but that is just what I noticed.

I think that the SEED part in the title has something to do with how coordinators are turned into coordinators.

• 1 month later...
[color=deepskyblue]Well hopefully OB members know of the second part of GS, if not well then that;s another story. I have some spoilers:

[spoiler]Phase 20 - PAST
After EA and ZAFT started the war, the situation of Shinn who lived in the neutral country Orb is revealed. After his family's death because of EA's invasion, Shinn survived alone and moved to PLANT. He reconfirmed his reasons to join ZAFT and fight. (seems like an episode about Shinn's past) "The path of choosing not to fight is even harder than the path of choosing to fight" Dullindal's words reminded Shinn of the time when he lived with his family. The tragedy of the Bloody Valentine became the trigger of spreading the war. What were Shinn's thoughts about his homeland Orb, when he chose the path of fighting on his own will and went to PLANT?

Phase 21 - Wandering Eyes
the FAITH member Haine Westenfluss, who comes to the base with Dullindal, boards Minerva to work together with everyone. On the other hand, Shinn rescues an almost drowned girl near the seashore during his vacation. After they get to the shore, the girl tells Shinn that her name is Stellar. (hmm... seems she really likes the sea... a bit too much ) Not only Shinn, this time the relation between Athrun and Lunamaria turns sour because of Meer. During this time, FAITH member Haine joins Minerva. On the other hand Shinn takes a vacation and goes to the sea on a motorbike, and there he finds a drowning Stellar. Shinn risks his own life and rescues the panicking Stellar...

Phase 22 - The Sword of Deep Sky
Not happy about the situation of the war in western Eurasia, Djibril makes the Atlantic Federation President to demand Orb to send troops to Suez. Orb and EA decide to work together in the war at the Black Sea. Everyone onboard Minerva gets along well with Haine because of his cheerfulness. Shinn and Athrun are shaken underneath by the news of Orb joining the war. Haine's cheerfulness and frankness somewhat bewilder Shinn and co. Thanks to him, the distance between Athrun, who is not getting along well with the others, and the rest of the crew is shortened. At this time, Stellar receives maintenance after returning to J.P. JONES, and loses all memories about Shinn. Neo sympathizes them, but can't do anything about it.

Phase 23 - The Shade of War
The suddenly appeared Freedom disables Minerva's Tannhauser. Cagalli launches in Strike Rouge from Archangel, and orders the Orb troops to stop fighting. A three-way battle breaks out between EA&Orb, Minerva, and Archangel. Freedom and Archangel appear in front of Athrun and co. who are fighting against the EA army which is joined by the Orb army. Everyone is shocked when the suddenly appeared Freedom destroys Minerva's main cannon. Cagalli launches in Strike Rouge and demands the Orb army to retreat, however her words are not obeyed and the battle resumes. Athrun desperately tries to contact Kira, but...[/spoiler]

Anyhow, I do have more. Okay basically in the second part of GS some characters for the GS appear in GS Destiny. Such as Athrun & Cagalli, Kira & lycus, ect. Of course they have formed Orb.

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]I merged your thread with the existing Gundam SEED one. Be sure to check the Threads Directory before starting a new one ^_~ -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b][/color]

• 3 weeks later...
I only have to tell u guys 1 thing. You all must watch episode 28 of seed desting it is nuts a lot of action in this episode. Episode 29 will be a flash back episode...