OtakuBoards

Gundam SEED

Arkad

I've watched Gundam SEED (the entire series actually) and while I can't say that it's my favorite (that is reserved for Gundam Wing), I can't say that I hated it either. The story is good but there still seems to be something missing - Rau Le Crusset's motives for one (I had no idea what why he wanted to accomplish what he did)... not to mention that everything keeps repeating - I think that after we see a scene half a dozen times through flashbacks, we get the point that it's important.
It's a good series though, don't get me wrong. It's actually really 'human' - if you get what I'm saying.

As for Gundam SEED Destiny... well, I don't even want to get into that one - I'll wait until it's finished but so far, I have to say, that I'm not really liking it (GSD seems to have surrendered the story to the fans making the whole plot overly dramatic).

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kisa
i think gundam seed is ok, but my best friend says she likes to watch gundam wing better. i don't get the difference. still i think gundam seed destany is boring because anything that has a sequal repeats the same plot. so it gets boring. :sleep:

[quote name='kisa']still i think gundam seed destany is boring because anything that has a sequal repeats the same plot. so it gets boring. :sleep:[/quote]

Um, Two Towers and Return of the King? Animatrix, Reloaded, and Revolutions? Godfather parts II and III? Chamber of Secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban? 2nd Gig and Innocence? Toy Story 2? Shrek 2? The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi? Anybody?

Well over all from every gundam series...Gundam 0083:Stardust Memory & Gundam Wing are the best they could have ever created...as well for 8th Mobile Suit. The one thing that bothers me about every gundam series is the whole masked guy thing <.<. Gundam Seed is good (Sure beats G Gundam), I love the animations and 3D graphics...plus the characters were drawn beautifully (my opinion). GS Destiny...does have its issues with the plot, but still hangs in.

• 2 weeks later...
I love Gundam Seed! It's so awesome!^_~
Did you know that in Japan they are airing the continuation of the sereis? It's called Gundam Seed Destiny! I can't wait for it to air hear so I can see the english version^^ Anyways, if you need any more info on Seed or Seed Destiny feel free to e-mail or pm me! :catgirl:
Plus, Cagalli and Athrun get engaged in Gundam Seed Destiny....oops...did I say that out loud?? :D :catgirl: :D

Gundam SEED is probably one of the best Gundams yet. I tend to find that the way each person crisscrosses with other in the story and how their mood changes as the war drags on os pretty cool. (example:Flay's attitude through the entire series.Im bipolar and I don' get that many mood swings.)(And how Lacus seems to actually grow up from her encounter with Kira on tha Archangel in the beginning and after what happens to her later) I also like the fact that it is unpredictable. Many people die that you would never expert, or at least I did'nt. It is those qualities that make it anime. I'm quite sure ther was alot of scene cut from it for the CN veiwing though, whch is pretty dissapointing.(Anime is best viewed in it's pure form, do you guys agree?)
As for Gundam SEED 2, it is called Gundam SEED Destiny.I believe it focuses on Athrun in the war after the war. I'm not sure if Kira's in this one. I do know a site where you can DL the Destiny episodes, so PM me if you want to know.

Animegirl4ever I already said that about GS, but anyhow did you guys/girls now that there is a show called fafner. It's basically a mix of gundam Seed and candidate goddess, some characters look alike for example: Tre an athrun, cagalli and flay look a like...than again it was drawn by the same people of GS. Eh well it will be coming out in July....dagger knows more about it...I can't wait til it comes...

Personally I like Gundam Seed Destiny better. I have every episode of gundam seed uncut in a dvd box set and have all Gundam Seed episodes that are out so far, (won't say how i got the gundam seed destiny episodes :animeswea ) I like how Kira is like 10x better than any of the other gundam pilots in gundam seed destiny, even though he is not a major character. I also like that they finally have more female pilots. My two favorite episodes so far are episodes 23 and 28. My favorite episodes in the first one is the ones that are in the final battle. I'd like to know wht u think of the two and reply, thx.

To many flashbacks! They have a few episodes that do nothing but flashback, and then they waste 5-10 minutes in most of the episodes after that explaining the exact same thing that the flashbacks explained! I hear that there are some shows that are worse with flashbacks (Naruto), but none that I've actually seen.

Guest Kaise
If anyone's seen GSD 32, let me just say this.

Destiny>>>Seed, just for this episode.

Spoiler time!

[color=black][spoiler]Shinn's girlfriend Stella dies-and it's kira's fault.[/color]

[color=black]Murrue finds Neo Roanoke to be her dead beau, Mu La flagga[/color]

[color=black]Sting gets killed by some stray Murasames.[/color]
[color=black]Dullindal is evil, which leaves Athrun to leave ZAFT-and return to the archangel.[/color]

[color=black]SHINN BEATS FREEDOM.[/spoiler][/color]

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Please be more considerate when typing out spoilers, Kaise- use the [[COLOR=red][b]*[/COLOR][/b]spoiler] and [[COLOR=red][b]*[/COLOR][/b]/spoiler] (omitting the [COLOR=red][b]*[/COLOR][/b]) tags when you reveal something critical to the story. People who've not yet seen the series could get incredibly annoyed at you, otherwise. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

Thank god the the administrators blacked out your spoilers. I'm glad because things like that really spoil the anime for others, a little too late for me though since i got the post through e-mail as soon as it was posted, you really pissed me off by that. I think gundam seed destiny has its ups and downs, but for those up it is well worth watching the anime. My favorite parts are whenever kira battles, i like seeing him just tearing his enemy apart like nothing. My favorite part is between him and athrun, but i wont spoil it for you so i wont tell you what happens, you'll just have to find out for yourself. :animeangr so please no spoilers.

Guest Yzak09
In my humble opinon, Seed Destiny is definitely better than Seed itself. Not that Seed is horrible, but for the majority of the earlier parts of Seed are mostly cat and mouse games.

In Destiny, the Minerva crew is much much more likeable than the archangel crew. Again Archangel members are sure a nice bunch, but Minerva's crew is very fun :animesmil

Also now instead of a reluctant fighter Kira, now we have a cooler Shinn Asuka :animesmil , I never really like Kira very much, his "no-kill" policy is like a kenshin ripoff, yet again I never like Kenshin too much too :p

• 2 months later...
I heard about this anime online when I finished watching gundam seed. What is it. Is it a spin-off of Seed? Does it have the same characters? I searched it on google and all that comes up are websites in japanese. So is it out on DVD or is it still just in Japan?

(Mods: I searched this and came up with nothing. if there is something like this, just direct me to it.)

Gundam Seed Destiny is considered a sequel series of Gundam Seed. From what I understand, a lot of familiar characters show up, and there are several new ones.

For info concerning this branch of the CE timeline, go to [url]http://www.gundams.net/[/url]
The site and the forum with it has info on all things Gundam Seed, including Astray and Destiny.

I won't reveal what little I do know--I haven't even finished watching Gundam Seed (And I'm cursing CN for changing the times), therefore I have little right talking about GSD.

If the above link doesn't work, I'll give you the link to the forum as well:

[url]http://www.seed-forum.com/[/url]

Well im my opinion i think that seed destiny is a WHOLE lot better then the origional seed. Because the more interventrious characters in it are better the then first part of seed generall was no fighting what so ever which really pissed me of. I mean whats the good of watching Gundam just to see the whole episode is full of nothing but talking? I expect to see some giant robot fighting action!

• 2 months later...
[COLOR=Green]I'm interested on this topic, because I know that many people love Lacus, and many people don't like her. I would like to know what you like about her and what you don't like about her. ^___^ I wanted to know more about his topic, because if you know what the people like about the character, you will know what the people who hate her hate her for. Get it? Personally, one thing that I really dislike about Ms. Lacus is that she is a very unrealistic character in my mind. Seriously, once you consider it, she really is. [/COLOR]

-----

But the thing I like about her is that she's pretty and her songs are nice. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
[COLOR=Orange]I honestly think that Kira would be good with Lacus for 2 reasons 1.Because she's still there and 2.I think they look cute together! I personally like another character from GSD who only a few people know about! But on subject...I personally like KiraxLacus,not KiraxFlay! [/COLOR] :bash:

• 10 months later...
[COLOR="Navy"]"Revive"

So Comcast decided to put Gundam Seed Destiny on demand. The original Gundam Seed was on there at first, but I never watched it because it was the sub version. (Nothing against subs, I just prefer dubs.)

In any case, I'm wondering if it's a good idea to jump straight into Destiny without knowing what Gundam Seed was about, or does it really matter?[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]Uhm, you catch on eventually. I wasn't aware that there was a series before Destiny and I ended up watching the entire thing first. As I was watching I realised that there must have been something before it due to character interactions.

In answer to your question, it sorta matters because the characters from SEED are still in it, but there are also a whole new group of characters. Though watching Destiny first will be a spoiler for if you go back and watch SEED. One problem I saw, since I watched it the wrong way is that there are flashbacks and the older characters make references to SEED.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=navy]Oooh, I've never seen any of the older Gundams. Destiny was my first Gundam anime since I never had access to any of the others.

Whether SEED is better than Destiny is debatable. In my own personal opinion, if I had to choose which is better I would say SEED just because it builds the story for SEED. If you're going to watch Destiny without SEED (Tombstone) it may help to have a little prior knowledge. But anyway, I like both, Destiny's quite cute and more than a little twisted. Has some good plot twists in it.[/color]

• 2 months later...
Guest werishee113
yeah :) finally, a Gundam Seed thread! I'm actually a HUGE SEED fanatic :D The series was sooo great :D THough i'm agirl, i actually appreciated mecha :D i love the ASUCAGA pairing. but to tell the truth, the series that continued it, GUNDAM SEED DESTINY, was not that good. it was just a mere cliche of the events that occured in SEED. :animeangr

anywyas, the SEED series for me is one of the best gundam series i watched :D and destiny..im sorry :( but was not that good...and not to mention the fact that in the end of the series, if you dont watch the OVA, it seems that [spoiler] ASUCAGA had the worst ending. [/spoiler]

Sorry for the noob question here, and I guess I could go look this answer up but I'm here so ...

I just watched the first DVD of Gundam SEED Destiny and I thought it was pretty good. Definitely got me interested in the characters and the story. Is this different from the Gundam Seed Series you're all talking about? There seems to be a zillion Gundam series out there :)

Thanks,
Laz

[size=1][COLOR="Navy"]Yeah, there's a lot of different Gundam series out there.

Concerning the question about Gundam SEED and SEED Destiny, Gundam SEED Destiny is the sequel to the original SEED. The original is the introduction to the Cosmic Era and the war and fighting stuff that they bring up quite often in Destiny. The original is set two years prior to Destiny, and Destiny introduces a new team of characters, plus drama, and awesome Gundam love.

If ya want more info feel free to ask.[/COLOR][/size]