OtakuBoards

Subhuman

0ber0n the Neko

OOC: My parents won't let me on at home. So I'll access from school. Every other day, and sometimes at lunch.

IC: There was a Kiros in fromt of Sardik as he opened the door. There was a portal behind him. A long silence ensued. Sardik, knowing that he was in trouble, that the kiros was a high-ranking council member, and out of pure morbid curiousity, threw the small red-garbed creature into the portal. It promptly shut behind him. Almost...apologetically.

"What was that?" Chibi asked.
"I think...that was a kiros. Hmm... Well, he's gone now, but he was here before..."
"Well..." Chibi stared at Sardik, either doubting his sanity, or making it appear as such.
"...So. About Townsend." Sardik asked cautiously. "You seem to...know him." [I]DAMN! Those stupid council members and their dramatic pauses... It's infectious![/i]
Chibi's look of skepticism turned to one of indignance. "And if I do?"
"Then you need to answer me some questions..."

OOC: Damn! I have to go! There's the lunchbell! Well, I'm sure you can keep going off that...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We're [I]WHERE?"[/I]

"The Blackmoor," replied a slightly familiar voice from the underbrush. The Kiros stood up and brushed a fern leaf from his cape.

"You!" It was the first time Gothkir had ever heard Jiae angry. "Ti'chikmish almin kordava!"

[I]Heh! Jiae knows Kiros swears. [/I]

Her words seemed to hit the Kiros like blows to the chest.

"How dare you speak to me like that? I'm not here to hurt you anyway. I need your... assistence."

[I]God d-mn dramatic pauses.[/I]

"Might I properly introduce myself. I am Ta'a Chuun." He started toward Jiae with his hand extended, but she hit it with the metal-capped end of her staff.

"Don't touch me, kordava!"

She spit when she said that, kordava, and he winced again.

"You know, you really shouldn't be saying those words..."

He turned to Gothkir, who still lay on the ground. "Will you have the courtesy to... introduce yourself like a proper gentleman?"

Gothkir cautiously got to his feet, regarding the Kiros suspiciously.

"Gothkir Dessendor," he said, shaking Chuun's hand. "This here is Jiae."

"Have a last name, Waska?" Chuun's sarcastic tone seemed to irk her greatly.

"What's it to you, kordava?"

Ta'a Chuun looked at her angrily. "Where did she learn these words?"

"Beats me," said Gothkir.

"Well, enough of the small talk," said the Kiros. "We need to work together to get out of this forsaken place."

Gothkir regarded him suspiciously.

"What?" Ta'a Chuun didn't sound pleased with the atmosphere.

"How exactly [I]did[/I] you end up here anyway?"

"I was pushe--- *aghem* I decided to follow you to make sure you didn't escape, but for some reason, my portal closed up. It must have to do with the mana block here."

"Right," said Jiae sarcastically. "Now let's get the f-ck out of here. I'm hungry."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The three walked in silence for the better part of three hours, but the marsh continued on... and on... and on...

CCCGGRRRAAAAHHHHH!!!

"What was that?" Jiae looked around cautiously, holding her staff close.

"Don't know, but it sounded big." Gothkir, too, drew his weapon and began swinging it silently.

The Kiros already had his rapier out. He looked almost like a rediculous pirate with that wide brimmed feather hat.

That's when the beast came crashing into the clearing. It's twelve slitted eyes looked frantically at all of them from it's massive head that stood sixteen feet above the ground. Four horns curled from it's head, and spined covered it's carapace. It's body resembled that of a centipede. A really, really [I]big[/I] centipede. It had four forearms with wickedly curved claws.

CCCGGRRRAAAAHHHHH!!!

It let out it's beastly roar from the enormous jaws that barely fit in it's head.

"Eww! It's hideous!" Jiae's face contorted into a disgusted glare.

"Thanks for the observation, Captain Obvious!" Gothkir was [I]not[/I] in the mood.

Jiae glared at him, and flipped silently over the things head - or tried to. It was huge, and she ended up looking straihgt in one of its eyes, then landing neatly on its head. It snapped its ehad up, and she dropped to her belly, tail swishing madly. She brought down her staff into its head. The cap rebounded, and her body shook with the recoil. She cursed in different languages, and dropped to the ground.

The Waska rolled into a standing position, and started to run. A piece of adivce: Never stand in the way of a running cat. Jiae was going very fast, and grabbed Gothkir as she went. He stumbled to keep up, and when they were a good distance away, he wrenched his arm out of her grip. "What the hell-" Jiae glared at him.

"Look. I just saved your life, and this is how-" She threw herself ontop of him, and forced him to roll out of the way as the thing crashed through teh bushes. "-you repay me?"

The head of the monster whipped around. [i]Damn... Good hearing for a centipede.[/i] SHe decided to try something.

[i]Gothkir. Don't make a noise.[/i]

Gothikir blinked rapidly. Jiae started to crawl, crouched, cat-like, through the foliage, trying to make as little noise as possible. [i]The mother f-ing things have good hearing.[/i] Her tail flicked agitadedly. [i]Gothkir, follow me. Silently! And if your wondering, kordava is a word for weakling, idiot, or b*tch.[/i]

"What do you know about General Townsend?" Sardik questioned. He took a step closer to the smaller waska.

She didn't respond. She looked flustered, but also somewhat injured for the use of the name.

"Well?" Sardik took a step closer. He realised that he was acting a little too overanxious. After the loss of his memory...

He had learned patience. It was his life. Waiting, searching, asking, waiting... his life was a big continuum of biding his time. He wished the answers would come... He needed them now...

He kept stepping closer, subconciously. "Marra... Marra... Marra Townsend..."

He was very close to her now. He could remember some of the last words Marra had said to him. [I]You make me feel warm, Sardik...[/I] He remembered her sweet embrace on that cold winter morning. The way that she...

"Marra... do you still... love me? After your father has died? After the war, after there is no need to love, but to scorn me?" Sardik wondered vaguely where he remembered those words.

The words he had used... but not to Marra... rather to the memory of Marra. After Marra had fled from the opposing armies...

"What...what are you talking about?" Chibi looked almost frightened.

"You... you are Marra... Come... back..." Sardik found himself putting Chibi in his arms... She was warm... even in this time of chill... still... so warm...

"Come back to me, Marra..." Sardik whispered as he held her closer.

"Come... back..."

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Chibi stood stock-still, a little frightened of the feelings coursing up from the pit of her stomach at Sardik's touch. She let him enfold her in his arms, listening to his voice and feeling her mind start to do a kind of reel.

"Come back to me, Marra... Come... back..."

[i]That voice... familiar. Memories... fear... anger... love?[/i]

"S...Sardik..." Chibi stiffened slightly, pushing gently away from Sardik's embrace. As she did, she shivered slightly, more from the feeling of loss that came out of nowhere than the chill of the evening. As soon as she did, she regretted it. The emotion in his eyes was plainly readable. She hoped she didn't have anything in her face that would betray what she was feeling, and schooled her face into a carefully neutral expression.

"I'm sorry, Chibi." Sardik shook his head slightly. "I shouldn't push you."
"No, no, it's all right." Chibi spoke before she could catch herself. "You and I need to talk later." She allowed a small smile to cross her face. "Come on, we'd better get moving."[/FONT]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=darkred]"Hmm I wnder where Sardik is?" Lucifer thought walking down the street getting assorted looks as he did. He payed no attention to the people staring at him coldly or in amazement and continued to walk finally stopping in front of a bar. "This is Sardik's favorite bar hes probably been here in the last 12 hours, I wonder if they know where he is."[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000]Lucifer entered the bar, it had few people mainly drunks, travellers, mercinaries and the occasional drifter. Lucifer walked over to the bar and leant forward on the bar. The barkeeper was washing glasses while humming to himself.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000]"Hey, you seen a waska here with some bolts in him?" [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000]"Nope havent seen anyone with that description." The bartender answered not looking up.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000]"You sure about that?"[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000]"I told you I havent seen any..... Oh Lucifer its you. Ya he came her pretty battered looking. He made a comment to a waska girl asking if she was old enough to drink and got knocked cold she dragged him out of her and I havent seen him since."[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000]"I see, thanks Pops" Lucifer replied standing up and turning to the door.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000]"Also a man came in here asking about assassin types he payed good money for the info. So watch your back, [i]you hear.[/i]"[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000]"Ya, ya I gotcha"[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000]Lucifer walked out the door and found his way to the nearest alley. Once hidden from the public eye he held his hands out wide and brought them to a close in front of his body. Stepping backward a shadow of himself stood where he was. [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000]"Go find Sardik" he spoke and as soon as the name was spoken the shadow dissapeared.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000]The shadow returned and returned to Lucifer's body. "By the Plaza" He thought recieving the information the shadow had gathered. "Well I guess I"ll drop bye". Lucifer walked to the darkest part of the alley and dissapeared. He melted into the shadows and was soon standing behind Sardik and a female waska. Lucifer walked up behind Sardik and whispered boo in his ear. The waska jumped around and looked at Lucifer angrily.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000]"Must you always do that, appear from no where and suprise me" Sardik growled.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000]"Traveling by shadow is so much faster though"[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000]"Whatever, Chibi this is Lucifer" [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000]"Uhh hi" She answered slightly suprised by the sudden appearance of the man.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000]"Pleasure to meet you" Lucifer said smiling warmly which revealed his pointed cainine teeth.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000]"So where we going or are you two on a date or something?" [/color][/size][/font]

Austris lifted his head from his pillows and looked around.

[I]Strange[/I], he thought, [I]since when did I have wallpaper that looked like a swamp.[/I]

He sniffed at the air. [I]Yuck! What is that?![/I]

"Wouldn't you like to know."

Austris leapt up, hand reaching out to grab the katana under his bed, but ended up hitting solid ground. He yelped in pain, and looked up at his attacker. It was, in fact his Psychology teacher again Ik'Maru.

"Oh *****!" he said out loud, "I'm dreaming again."

"No you are not, Austris. How else would you have that bruise on your hand."
He paused whilst Austris pondered this. "This is, in fact, the Blackmoor."

"The what?"

"It's a mythical realm, full of danger and deciet."

"Is this because I skipped school?"

Maru laughed, "No. In fcat, it is quite fortunate that you didn't come to school. It has been a lot easier on my part."

"So...why am I here?"

"You are here to face a great evil." His face became deadly serious. "Something that dwells in this land is attempting to entre the real world, something that might destroy the universe as we know it.
"You are one of my best students, though I never admit it, so I have chosen you to fight this evil."

"But I can't fight?!"

Maru interupted him, "Don't doubt yourself, I saw how you killed that Homak. Truly masterful!"

Austris smirked in pride, "So, what do I do?"

"North of here lies a castle, supposedly abandonned. In it dwells this evil. You must travel there and defeat the darkness that threatens to corrupt the land."

Austris was about to set off when, "Be careful, Austris. Many beasts of awesome destructive power lie here. There are others here too, perhaps on a similar quest. Find them, you will be safer in numbers.
"I will be watching you from the classroom. Good luck!"

He vanished in the hazy swamp air.

"Wait!" cried Austris, but his voice was drowned out by the roar of a terrible beast.

Jiae's words invaded Gothkir's mind as clearly as spoken words. She had just saved his life. Twice. But there was no time to thank her. The creature was waiting for the slightest noise.

[I]*Snap.*[/I]

[I]Damnit. The Kiros. I forgot about him.[/I]

The beast whipped it's hideous head around at them.

[I]Why is he looking at us,[/I] asked Jiae telepathically.

Gothkir turned around, and sure enough, the Ta'a Chuun was in the foliage directly behind them.

"F-cking kordava!"

Ta'a Chuun winced again.

The beast pummelled its way through the underbrush. Gothkir swung his flail kama, which slashed across three of it's eyes before plunging into a fourth. He pulled it out and caught it. The beast roared in pain, it's face even more horrific now with the black blood running down it's face in a cascade. The blood scent seemed to give Gothkir a boost.

"Good job!" Jiae winked at him.

"...thanks," Gothkir replied nervously.

That was all the boost he needed.

Gothkir and Jiae leapt at the same time, landing on it's massive head. Jiae methodically took out the rest of it's eyes. The creature was thrashing like no other, and screaming in it's terrible voice. Gothkir swung the kama at it's soft belly over and over. The black blood was everywhere now, but the creature would not fall.

Then Gothkir saw the Kiros. Ta'a Chuun gracefully twirled his rapier, and in one fluid motion, the beast's arms fell to the ground. All four of them.

The beast gave a final thrash, and fell to the ground. Jiae and Gothkir hopped down from it's head.

"Nice work!"

Ta'a Chuun gave a flourishing bow. "My pleasure."

Jiae regarded him suspiciously, but managed to get out a quavering "thanks."

Lucifer nearly dogded a kunai to the chest.

"Jeez, man! You don't need to get all uptight about it!" Lucifer snickered "I think it's nice that you've got a girlfriend!"

Sardik's eyes narrowed. "Are you mocking me?"

"No, no. Not at all." Lucifer responded.

He had ruined it... their moment... he almost had his memories back, and he RUINED it. [I]Oh well[/I], Sardik thought. [I]I had gotten used to being patient anyways...[/I]

He looked over at Chibi, who was obviously more suprised than he was. "Oh. This is my..." he looked over at the smiling, waving, Lucifer "...[I]friend[/I]... His name is Lucifer. He's a kippor."

Lucifer flashed an almost frighteningly toothy smile. The fangs were a bit of a tell-tale at this point.

"Ok..." Chibi looked somewhat uneasy.

[I]Sardik! Sardik! Dammit, Sardik, thank God you're there![/I]

"Oh, here we go..." [I]What is it, Jiae?[/I]

[I]Well, are you wondering why neither I or Gothkir have showed up yet?[/I]

[I]Actually I figured you guys were...[/I] Sardik relised that this probably wasn't a good time. [I]Ok, shoot.[/I]

[I]We've been teleported to the Blackmoor![/I]

[I]You WHAT!?[/I]

[I]We need you here! Now! We're about to be killed by some huge insect![/I]

[I]Well, I guess we'll try and get there in time...[/I]

[I]No, we need you NOW![/I]

[I]And just how am I-[/I]

The connection failed. Damn anti-matter.

The anti-matter is the only reason magic won't work in the Blackmoor. During the war...

During the war, there was crucial battle being fought on the fields of the Blackmoor. The scientists and engineers backing the imperial army had come up with a weapon sure to destroy the enemy. The anti-matter cannon. It fired a ball of void at the enemy, and the troops would be sucked up into a hole in the space-time continuum. All magic was cancelled out by the cannon, unfortunately. The holes also brought strange creatures into the moor.

"Guys, we're going to the Blackmoor!" Sardik announced.

Lucifer's jaw dropped. "We're WHAT?"

Chibi looked calm enough. [I]Too calm...[/I] thought Sardik [I]But now isn't the time.[/I]

"We need to help Gothkir and this Jiae kid. They helped us last night, we need to help them now!" said Sardik. "And we're using [I]your[/I] magic!" he pointed at Lucifer.

Chibi seemed to agree with her eyes. Lucifer was met with two stares at people who could potentially kill him. "Oh well, what the hell." And the portal to the Blackmoor opened.

[I]Sardik! Sardik! Dammit, Sardik, thank God you're there![/I]

Jiae was desperate. Suppose he didn't...[I]What is it, Jiae?[/I]

[I]Well, are you wondering why neither I or Gothkir have showed up yet?[/I]

[I]Actually I figured you guys were...[/I] Thank GODS![I]Ok, shoot.[/I]

[I]We've been teleported to the Blackmoor![/I]

[I]You WHAT!?[/I]

[I]We need you here! Now! We're about to be killed by some huge insect![/I]

[I]Well, I guess we'll try and get there in time...[/I]

[I]No, we need you NOW![/I]

[I]And just how am I-[/I]

The connection failed. "Damn anti matter..." She mumbled. Gothkir blinked. She shook her head.

"I contacted Sardik. He should be able to get us out of here. I could, of course, but I already used my teleport spell today, and that was stressful enough. In this place, magic isn't really an option." She she sat down on the grass, sitting on her feet. She popped off the cap, and lay the staff down beside her. A cloth came out, and she started cleaning the blood off her weapon.

Jiae cursed as the acid bit through the cloth and started on her hand. She threw the cloth down, and slapped a hand over the hissing wound. Without air, the acid slowed, and Jiae started healing herself - slowly, of course. "DamN! The f-ing anti-matter, is making healing near impossible!"

There was the blackmoor. The expanse of tall grasses that constituted the largest plain on the planet besides the calmlands.

Sardik waited as Chibi and Lucifer walked through the portal behind him.

"Damn! This place is-" Sardik shoved his hand over the Kippor's mouth.

"You won't want to talk or make much noise around here. Unless you have a deathwish, of course." Sardik said, barely audible.

Sardik remembered the last time he was here. He was here alone, venting his anger on some of the creatures... It was here that he got rid of his sword... The sword that saved him from death so many times before... Sardik wondered if it would still be around.

He looked at the landmarks of the area. Ku'orast rock... AM Cannon ruins... The Roic slope... He was here when he lost it. He looked around in the underbrush, making very little noise. He walked about ten paces toward the Roic, then four towards the AM Cannon Ruins. He looked down, and sure enough, it was his sword, still in it's sheath.

He picked it up, and unsheathed it. He swung it around and realised that Chibi and Lucifer were staring. He looked at the sword.

[I]Amazing... It hasn't been damaged very badly... I wonder if I should keep it with me...[/I] Sardik remembered that the anti-matter slowed aging as well. His sword would be no more than a day older than when he had left it. He sheathed it, and walked back towards the others.

He motioned to them to help him look for the others. With Chibi and Lucifer following closely behind, he continued searching for Gothkir. Oh yeah. Jiae too.

It took awhile, but he and the others found Gothkir and Jiae. They were both asleep, Jiae in Gothkir's arms.

"Awww... It's so cute..." Lucifer said mockingly. "Waitaminnit! That guy's a Kippor! What's he-" Lucifer was cut off once again by the firm hand of Sardik.

"Are you trying to get us killed? Keep your voice down...", Sardik said quietly "and be on your guard..."

Jiae opened one eye irritadedly. [i]What took you guys?[/i] She asked telepathically, nudging Gothkir, moving away. She wasn't about to speak out loud. Before Sardik had gotten there, they had made to much noise, talking, and had encountered another thing - this one looked like the other ones motehr.

Sardik blinked. [i]Took us? Its been what, five minutes?

Seemed like two hours to me. And I have a mental clock.[/i] Jiae blinked, and looked at Lucifer, daring him to make a wisecrack. Sardik slapped his hand to his forehead. [i]Oh. I forgot. Time is different here than in the real world.[/i] Jiae bit her lip in frustration.

[i]BTW, Lucifer, don't ask. He may be a Kippor, but he's been through more than you would believe.[/i] The waska girl shaded her eyes with her bandagded hand, which she had ended up having to forget healing, and just wrap it. [i]Sardik, any other information you'd like to share with us? That might be useful? We've fought two of those cetipede things so far, and I'm sure they aren't the only species here.[/i]

[I]I know they aren't. They also are some of the least dangerous.[/I]

Sardik heard a soft rustle in the bushes. He slowly turned around. He drew his sword unconsciously, having built it up over the years as a reflex.

[I]I thought you were an assassin![/I] a sharp, almost scolding Jiae thought, while giving him a dirty look. [I]Assassins don't wear swords![/I]

[I]You're right. I wasn't an assassin. I was a...[/I] Sardik paused. [I]I was a soldier. Here is where I fought my last battle as a commanding officer. I... guess I was pretty high up...[/i]

Sardik fished around his pouch for a potion he had stolen from Gothkir's house. He tossed it to Jiae.

[I]Drink. We'll need your hand.[/I]

A tall, spiderlike creature towered over the group. It looked like there was a human in a web on its back. The problem with these monsters was their ability to cast magic spells. They used the anti-matter as some sort of conductor. [I]Conductor... That's it![/I]

Sardik picked a rock up off of the ground and flung it at the spider's face, then quickly picked up another to throw at the fireball coming at him at an accelerated rate. The stone went flying up at the fireball, and upon contact with it, the fireball disappeared. The stone was still flying up at the spider-thing.

It hit the Spider-creatue in one of its seven eyes. When it hit, it broke and the spider's head was enveloped in a searing flame, and the spider went screaming to the ground. It was still alive, but significantly weakened.

[I]It worked![/I] Sardik remembered some of the specs of the Antimatter cannon. [I]It absorbs magic! It also opens a void that, if destroyed, will rapidly release any and all things that were trapped inside! Including... Magic...[/I]

Sardik looked at his sword. It had most likely absorbed Antimatter, and was now more than just a sword, it was a cage.

He ran up to the spider thing and stabbed it with his sword. Surely enough, a void opened up and the spider was stuck in it. The spider disappeared promptly into the darkness.

Everyone was awestruck. Sardik looked at his blade, and realised that he was now carrying one of the most deadly weapons ever created. It had the ability to absorb magic. The creatures in the blackmoor... they were nothing more than magical discharges caused by the Antimatter...

He was holding a blade that would be his ticket to finding the truth...

The group stood in staring awe as Sardik finished off the creature, watching it dissapear into the void created by his sword.

[I]That sword...[/I]

Gothkir had seen that sword before.

[I]Townsend? Sardik wouldn't...[/I]

Gothkir watched from the outskirts of the ring of the companions.

[I]Big surprise. Me on the outside. Again.[/I]

They seemed to be talking telepathically. It was actually kind of comical, watching them flailing and gesturing silently. Gothkir could catch pieces of the "conversation" now and then.

There was something he had caught earlier that stuck out in his mind, though.

[I]"He may be a kippor, but he's been through more than you can imagine..."[/I]

[I]Maybe she does care...[/I]

[I]She doesn't have the slightest idea, though... Does she know what it is like to watch your family slaughtered? I do. Did she know what it was like to have her own father rape her, like Gothkir's father had done to him? I do. Did she know what it was like to have her only sibling murdered by her mother? I do. Did she know what it was like to think of suicide day in and day out? To have her hope hanging from a thread, to have nothing to live for? I do.

[I]But I do have something to live for,[/I] he thought to himself. He noticed he had been staring at that reason absent-mindedly. He averted his eyes, hoping she hadn't noticed. He didn't want to look away though... She was so... beautiful... He remembered what she had looked like back at the house... Her flowing hair falling around her shoulders, her eyes glowing in the sun, her tail calmly swishing back and forth.

Damnit! He was staring again! Hopefully she hadn't noticed.

They seemed to be finished.

They each went seperate ways to set up camp, as Sardik and Lucifer had brought some tents. Jiae walked over to Gothkir.

"Thanks for the help with those things," she said, nodding toward the dead beast. "I couldn't have taken it without you blinding it."

She hugged him.

[I]SHE HUGGED ME![/I]

It was all he could do to keep from jumping and screaming for joy.

Joy. He hadn't felt [I]that[/I] for a while.

He managed a "yeah... uh... thanks..."

"You sound nervous," she said worriedly. "Are you okay?"

Gothkir cleared his throat. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Just a long day, ya know?"

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=darkred]OOC: My character does have a serious side ya know ;) [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=darkred]Jiae's words rang in his head "d[i]ont ask he's been through more than you would believe". [/i]"We have all been through more than you could believe or imagine" he thought becoming serious as he did. Brushing the thoughts away he began to walk away from the group. [/color][/size][/font][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000]He stopped about ten feet away from the rest of the group and spread his arms out wide and brought them to a close in front of him.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000]"You do remember magic doesnt really work here right that spell will just get absorbed" Sardik whispered looking at lucifer oddly.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000]Lucifer paid no attention to the comment and stepped back. Where he was standing a shadow of himself stood. "Search the area for anything interesting" He whispered and the figure dissapeared. Lucifer walked back to the group who were looking at him.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000]"It's not magic my shadow is my shadow, its just knowing how to separate yourself from it" Lucifer answered pointing to the ground below him which had no shadow.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000]After about 5 minutes his shadow returned and he gathered the group together. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000]"There isnt really dangerous monsters plus Sardik has got that sword of his. It did find something interesting though........ There is a person out here, a Lyc[/color][/size][/font] [font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=darkred]to be exact." [/color][/size][/font]

Jiae smiled, and stepped back. "Yeah, I know. Gods, I haven't had a calm day since... since I don't know when." She had barely stopped herself from saying, 'Since Dannin died.' Her green eyes clouded over, the usual gold sparks gone. SHe turned to Lucifer when his shadow returned. "Alright. A lyc. Interesting. Exactly how dangerous is this Lyc?" Lucifer turned to her. "We're not sure." Jiae nodded. "Alright, then." SHe gave veeryone a smile. "Well, I'm going off."

The Waska girl darted out of sight. She blended well with the foliage, and her sharp eyes caught all movement. SHe gripped the staff tightly. Her mind whirled. [i]Maybe I shouldn't have said that... I don't really know him... But... I saw, in his eyes, what I was feeling. He felt what I do. He has been tortured his whole life.

Maybe not exactly what I had - being beaten since I was two. Being used as a f-ckin' whore when i was six! Having to deal with my brothers - and lovers - death when I was just ten! And then... my best friend commited suicide. After that... I had nothing to live for. My mother used me to make money, and my father... he used me for both pleasure and money. Has he felt these things? I don't know. But I know he feels the pain of something like it.[/i]

Jiae came upon something - it was tiger-like, though larger. It was about horse-size, and sleeping peacefully near a small spring. SHe caught her breath as its large golden eyes opened, looking straight towards her. SHe felt something solidify against her skin - a knife. Her hand went to it, and she felt the blade - it was like coral, with holes, and laced with something powdery. Her skin was on fire as she touched the powder. SHe cursed mentally, and pulled her hand to the hilt, and her skin cooled.

The tiger got up, and walked to her. Jiae froze. [i]Do not be afraid, Waska. I will not harm you. Jiae Kit Auvreaeplith Wren.

How do you know my name?

I am your bond, of course.[/i] Jiae's eyes widened. [i] Kalys?

Yes. You must go back to youyr friends, kitling. Before they worry. I will come if you call. For now... open your heart. Do not let your mind get in the way. I will also help you friends. I will appear to them, one at a time. Good luck, Kit...[/i] The tiger was suddenly gone. A mist had settled over the grove, and Jiae suddenly found herself back in the bushes near her friends. She came out.

"Hey! I just..." She couldn't seem to remember what had happened. "I found a spring." Jiae struggled to think of what she had seen, and all that came to mind was the spring.

OOC: Oi! Long one...

The group settled around the spring that Jiae had found, each finding their own spot in the soft grass.

"I'm going to take a walk," said Gothkir, suddenly.

"You sure? It might not be safe."

"Yes, Lucifer, I'm fine."

Gothkir looked over at Jiae, who was busying herself with tuning up her staff.

"If I'm not back in an hour, have Jiae contact me telepathically."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[I]I saw it there again,[/I] Gothkir thought to himself. [I]I saw it in her eyes... they dimmed... pain washed over her, just like it did back in town. Why do I feel so... connected to her? I can't do this again... I can't fall in love again... [/I]

[I]Ah, who am I kidding. I've already fallen in love. But why do I even think about it? She deserves someone that's at least worth something.[/I]

Almost as if on cue, his foot hit something. He looked down to see an old-fasioned revolver on the ground. He picked it up and examined it. It still had three bullets left.

Suddenly, it seemed very inviting. The thought of that gun...

Gothkir put it in his mouth, feeling the cold steel against his tounge. Had he not been here before, thought these thoughts?

Not like this, though....

Never like this...

It seemed so simple. [I]Just pull the trigger, and all this bullsh-t will be over. Jiae won't have to deal with me... No-one will have to deal with me...[/I]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The camp went silent as a gunshot resounded through the forest.

Jiae dropped the staff, and her body hit the ground with a thud. She was convsuling in pain, and she was screaming. [i]Gothkir! What did you do![/i] She hurt all over, and she rolled on the ground, her body radiating heat and sparks. Her body convulsed one more time. She heard everyone gasp as something lept to her side. It was Kalys. [i]Jiae! Kit! You have to go to him!

I can't get up! I feel like I'm on fire!

He's not dead, not yet. You have to get to him![/i] Jiae's body cooled down, and the pain ebbed as Kalys' tounge touched her cheek. [i] Mount. I will take you.[/i] Somehow, the waska girl managed to mount the hulking beast, and the tiger started to run. Soon they came upon Gothkir. He was kneeling on the ground, choking up blood. He fell over, and Jiae saw the hole in his head.

SHe quickly slid down from Kalys' back, and knelt next to Gothkir. As soon as she lost contact with Kalys, she could feel the pain again. This time, as she was closer to the Kippor, it was stronger. Kalys touched her, and the fire dimmed. Jiae placed a hand on his head, and spotted the revolver. "Gods damn this!" SHe forced her way through the anti-matter, and started healing him.

Kalys helped. It seemed to be a different being. Kalys was helping ehr do magic that was otherwise impossible. Sardik, Lucifer, and Chibi slid into veiw, running hard.

"Oh damn...", Sardik said, almost inaudible. "This is Gothkir..." He looked at Jiae for some sort of confirmation.

"Yes...", She said silently. "Yes, this is Gothkir."

"Damn...", Cursed Sardik. He looked over at the weapon. The revolver lay in Gothkir's hand. "This doesn't make any sense... why would Gothkir try to commit suicide?", He looked at Jiae, who had finished healing Gothkir. Gothkir was still lying unconscious in the grass.

Sardik noticed something else. Some sort of tiger-ish thing... but when their eyes met, it vanished. "What...was that?"

Jiae looked up, eyes wet. "His name is Kalys. It means Dragon-breeze. Don't ask me how I know. He-he knows my full name. And everything about me. And..." She looked back down to Gothkir's head, between her hands. "I think it was my fault."

The pain was gone, but she could feel something else. Jiae realized she hadn't said those words out loud. Sardik had heard her, but only Sardik. And only Sardik had seen it. [i]Kalys... he is some sort of guardian. Sardik, I don't understand.

Neather do I, Jiae.[/i] Their eyesmet, and the Waska's both looked down to Gothkir, who's breathing had returned to normal. Suddenly, Jie felt tired. "Damn... its all the magic I did... to...day..." She fell backwards, her eyes closing as she fell unconsiouss.

Austris kicked the corpse of another successful kill and it swiftly blew away in the wind. So many creatures, so little time. His thought was suddenly jolted by a gunshot in the distance.

"What the..."

Austris began running towards the source of the sound, but skidded to a halt as he reached the edge of a presipice. It was a long way down. Austris smelled blood on the wind and looked across the gorge. Figures moved amongst the trees quickly, as if unnerved by something.

Austris tried calling to them. "Hey! Are you..."

There was a rustle in the trees behind him, and he was forced over the side in a death-grip with one of the Moor's spider creatures. he was falling, and fast. All the time the spider was lashing at him with barbed fangs, but each time they were smashed out of the way by a bolt of white thunder. Austris yelled and, fist burning with sulpherous flames, thrusted his hand into what he guessed was the creature's eye. It screeched, and black smoke poured out of it. The ground was coming up fast.

"Screw this for a lark."

Austris burst from the spider's grip and shot up into the skies. As the spider hit the ground with a sickening crack, Austris smiled in victory. As it thrashed on the floor, Austris fired a flame down onto the soon-to-be corpse.

A great white light, brighter than the combined light of the stars, filled the gloom for miles around...

"Gothkir?"

"Gothkir!"

His eyes slid open, revealing Sardik's face in front of his.

"Sardik...?"

"Yes, it's me. You're all right. It took all Jiae had to keep you from dying. What the f-ck were you thinking?"

Gothkir didn't even think about the question. "Jiae? Where is she? Is she alright?"

"Yes, ya crazy vampire! She's fine. Just uncouncious. She should wake up soon. Now, what was that all about? Gods, man!"

Gothkir rushed (to the best of his ability) over to where Jiae lay. Something happened then... Something rose in his throat. A tear slid down his cheek, gleaming like a crystal in the gloom of the moor. Soon he was sobbing uncontrollably. He sat down next to Jiae and cradled her head in his arms and put his forehead against hers.

"I'm sorry, Jiae," he managed to whisper between sobs. "I'm so sorry..."

"Come on man," said Lucifer from the shadows. "Give me a rest! It's not like she's dead!"

Gothkir looked up, rage filling his eyes.

"Look, you don't have any idea what's going on in my head! F-ck off!"

Gothkir got up and stormed away.

"Gods, what's [I]his[/I] problem?" Lucifer's question seemed so nonchalant, it even made Sardik mad.

"Come on, Lucifer, give him a break. He just shot himself, for Light's sake!"

"I'm gunna go talk to him," Sardik said to Chibi. She gave him a worried look. "Oh, don't worry, I'll be fine."

Sardik followed Gothkir's path.

Gothkir was sitting on a stump with his head in his hands.

"Hey man, don't worry about Lucifer. He's got problems of his own."

"It's alright," said Gothkir, wiping the tears off his face with his half-gloves.

"Hey man, what's up?"

"It's nothing. Really."

"Nice try. People don't just shoot themselves in the head for no reason."

"Look, I just... Life ya know?"

Sardik nodded. "Yeah, life can be a b-tch. Trust me, I know. You just can't let it get you down, ya know?"

"True... but I'm so tired of dealing with life. Everytime something good happens, it's taken from me."

"Jiae hasn't."

Gothkir looked up surprised. "What?"

"Jiae. She's something good that's happened to you, and she hasn't been taken away."

"What? How did you...?"

"C'mon man. I can smell love a mile away," said Sardik with a grin.

Sardik looked familiar somehow, in that moment. Gothkir could feel a memory fighting to break loose...

"Have we met before? Before the other day in Balkazaar, I mean..."

"No, I don't believe so. Why?"

"You wouldn't happen to know a General Townsend, would you?"

The Waska stopped breathing for a split second. His entire body seemed tight, and his eyes pierced through the gloom, showing like fire.

"Yes... I do..." he said wismically. Then he snapped back into the "real world". "Wait a second! You [I]knew[/I] Townsend?"

"Vaguely. I recall him... But something interferes with my memories."

"The war," Sardik said excitedly. "Were you in the war?"

Gothkir's mind was suddenly filled with images of battle.

"Yes... I think so."

It dawned on both of them at the same time.

"The antimatter," they said in unison.

OOC: Haven't posted in a while. :sweat:

IC: Ta'a Chuun was stressed out. [I]I'm travelling with the very vagrants that I'm supposed to be apprehending! The Prelate will not be pleased with this development. No matter. I'll simply deal with them once we make it out of this accursed place.[/I] He sighed deeply. It appeared that Jiae, the other Waska, and the Kippor he came with were conversing telepathically. The other Kippor, [I]what was it, Gothkir?[/I] was excluded, or perhaps just alienating himself. The Kippor walked off, deep in thought. [I]I wonder what he's up to,[/I] thought Chuun. He decided to stay back, and look out for others of the monstrosities inhabiting this moor. Suddenly, there was a loud gunshot. [I]*****, that'll bring every creature in this accursed fen down on our heads![/I] The others dashed off in that direction, and Chuun followed closely.

Gothkir lay on the ground, bleeding profusely from a gunshot wound to the head. [I]Who could've done such a thing? The creatures in this swamp don't have thumbs do they? And how could they have gotten such a clean shot without sticking the gun into-[/I] Chuun noticed the gun grasped in Gothkir's hand. [I]Oh,[/I] thought Chuun, [I]he must've been the type with... issues. *****! Even in my own goddamn mind![/I]

Jiae was healing Gothkir.
[I]Anything I can do to help?[/I] Chuun communicated telepathically.
[I]Just shut up and stay out of this, kordova,[/I] thought Jiae.
Chuun was getting angry. [I]I have a [U]name[/U], you know.[/I]
[I]Oh do you now, kordova?[/I]
Chuun snapped. [I]Tu kr'taani jitonea lutk'gaanti whejutent![/I] Jiae didn't know all of the words in that string, but she knew enough of them to slam Chuun against a tree, and the others must have caught the gist of it, as his cloak and hat were now pinned against the trunk by several kunai and a kama.
Jiae was furious. [I]Look, kordova, do you think we want you hanging around? Do you think that we're all your pals? That we keep you around because we enjoy your stimulating wit? We are barely even tolerating you, and one more outburst like that might just cost you your life. Got that, kordova?[/I] Chuun gulped. Suddenly there was a blinding light from all around them, and when it subsided, there was a Lyc standing in their midst.

"Oh, sorry, am I interrupting something?"

This was all happening too fast for Sardik. Well, he had gotten what he had wanted. More memories of his past... but it was all a shock to him. [I]Do i remember Gothkir? No... the name isn't familiar... but he... he seemed for just that moment...he seemed so familiar...[/I]

He walked back to camp, passing the small, red garbed creature, who was still nailed to the tree on his way. He threw another kunai into his cloak, just for fun. The Kiros flailed maniacally, shouting every and all kiros curses he knew.

Sardik sat down, clutching his head. He could feel the memories begin to come again...

Jiae groaned, and sat up slowly. SHe put a hand to her head gingerly. "Damn..." SHe winced. Her head was throbbing. [i]Like I was drunk...[/i] The Waska girl looked around frantically. [i]Gothkir! Where are you?

Jiae? Jiae! Oh! I'm... just a little away, you should be able to find me.[/i] Jiae got up, and instantley regretted it. "Oww..." She cursed in five different languages: English, Kiros, Waska, and two ohers. SHe steadily made her way away from everyone, and found Gothkir. Instantley her hedache seemed o disappear.

"Gothkir!" She flung her arms around his neck, and buried her face in his shoulder. SHe looked up, angry tears streaming down her face. "I thought you were dead, Gothkir. How could you?" She was shaking.