OtakuBoards

Subhuman

0ber0n the Neko

Sardik woke up, and he was in a room. It was dimly lit, and he looked out the window. There were translucent drapes covering the large windows. He got out of the bed he was lying in, and opened the drapes quickly. A ray of light illuminated the entire room. He now noticed some strange things about the room. Firstly, it wasn't his [I]Well, I'm not exactly surprised. I haven't woken up in my own room for months.[/I] he thought. He felt someone touch him on his bare back.

"Ra'andu? G'illiamesh a'ken soouen makkaven..." It was a female voice. "Riku... soouen makkaven..." The girl was telling someone to get back into bed... someone named...Riku...

Riku... he remembered that name...

He felt the girl press herself against his back.

"Riku...sosuen metis makaran..." The girl giggled and pressed tighter against him.

She was teasing him. Sardik knew that she was using his language, so he decided to try and understand.

"Maanan, waskaa. Ukenni menis sikkou." Sardik said, turning around. He saw a familiar face.

"Marra?"

"Ouji!" She winked and kissed him. "Riku... Oku soouen makkaven messis..." She was asking him to get into bed... with her.

"Marra... Noni kappui massakuni..." He drew away from her embrace. "Kappo ma nuni." He couldn't do that to such a young girl...

She smiled. "Meeno neeko ukonintoni." She told him that she was old enough.

He smiled kindly "Ma nuni."

She pouted "Meeno!"

"Waa marigo santumi Townsend Hokkoti. Meesuskui, ma nuni, ke pu to neenko akkao...", he pet her on the head. "Koueiki neeno akkao."

She looked somewhat annoyed. "Ouiiki masna ou ou!! Ouiiki meeno neeko, nanaki masna ou ou!" Sardik was reminded of something. Marra was only a couple of years younger than he was. She was just a little smaller than most.

"Mana...kokui... aki meko nago Riku?" He asked why she kept calling him Riku.

"Because it's your name!" She said. She was shifting into common, meaning she was clearly not amused.

"It's... my name?" He asked, still somewhat shocked.

"Yes, of course it's your name! It's only what I've been calling you since we met!" She seemed to calm down. "Mekkui, Riku." She embraced him tightly, as though she were to lose him at any moment.

"Mekkui io, Marra." he said.

Sardik awoke.

"My name..." He looked at his hands, as though he was looking for some proof of his claim. "Is Riku..."

He looked up. It was nighttime again. There was a campfire in front of him, and Chibi was sleeping on a log across the campfire from him. He realised that he had a blanket on him.

[I]Did she...[/I] he asked himself.

He looked at her. She was shivering a bit.

[I]This may be a bit cliche... but oh well.[/I] he thought to himself.

He put the blanket on top of Chibi.

"I love you" he whispered, and went to sleep.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ta'a Chuun was becoming annoyed. He was nailed to the tree by only one remaining kunai, but it was deeply imbedded. He had spent almost as much time getting this one out than the others combined, and it was far into the night. [I]This... f-cking... kunai... will... not... COME... OUT!!![/I] It popped out suddenly, and he was thrown off balance and landed in the dirt. [I]Damn! Does that Waska know just how much it will cost to get my clothes mended and cleaned?![/I] He stormed back into camp. For some reason, the very same Waska was up. He walked over to a very small Waska and tucked her in, whispering something that Chuun didn't catch. Chuun tossed the Waska his kunai. "Merry Birthdate, Waska." He was in a fine mood as he wrapped himself in his cloak and drifted off to sleep.

Chuun, an earlier riser than anyone else in the camp, woke up the next morning to find himself surrounded. The camp was crawling with creatures of about waist-height. Their skin looked like it was covered in slick, shiny oil, except for their backs, which were covered in chitonous armor, but with a small break at the neck. Their heads were grotesquely bird-like, looking like they belonged on some sort of mummified vulture, with glowing green eyes and two arms ending in scythe-like blades. They were sniffing around camp, looking for anything edible. Chuun slowly reached for his sabre. He unsheathed it and swiftly beheaded the nearest one. The rest immediatly stopped what they were doing and looked directly at him. They simultaneously emitted a horrible screeching noise. [I]Well, if the others were asleep, they certainly aren't now.[/I] Chuun brought himself up into an [I]en garde[/I] stance, and telepathically shouted [I]They are weak at the neck! Behead them if you can![/I]

[I]Nothing to do now but fight. Let's hope that the others know that too.[/I]

Jiae had been asleep in Gothkir's arms, but she sure as hell wasn't now. She snapped awake at the sounds, and grabbed her staff. She shook the Kippor. "Gothkir!" She hissed. The Waska girl saw they were surrounded, and got up, brushing off her short skirt, and taking a defensive stance in front of gothkir, who was blinking groggily.

Jiae closed her eyes, and mentally went over teh beasts bodyies. [i]Their minds are also weak, for those of you with mind manipulation![/i] Jiae grinned, opened her eyes, and rushed forward, startling one of the beasts. It squawked, and charged. The staff cap met its eye, but rebounded. [i]Damn! Guys, their eyes had solid leather lids. Nearly inpenetrable![/i] She rolled to the side as the thing screamed, and spit acid at her.

The only reason she knew it was acid was when it hit her skin. Jiae screamed, and slapped a hand over the acid. SHe forced it to heal, and it did, but she had t scramble to get out of the way.

SHe concentrated, and a knife was in her hand. Her wrist flicked back then forth in a deadly, fluid motion, and the knife blurred as it sped towards the monsters throat. The blade thunked solidly into the beasts neck, and Jiae dodged as the thing burst. [i]Their blood! Its also acidi-[/i] SHe let out a mental scream as she was covered.

The Waska girl hit the ground, maoning in pain. Her skin burned... and then, she felt cool. She looked up, and ehr green eyes met Kalys' golden ones. His tounge touched her skin, and she blacked out peacefully. [i]Kalys, thank you.[/i]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=darkred]Lucifer got up at the sound of the screech he looked around at the creatures that surrounded them. A voice which he thought was the kiros [i]"They are weak in the neck! behead them if you can" .[/i] Lucifer unsheathed his sword and walked foward. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=darkred]A scream tore though his mind and he looked to see Jiae fall to the ground coated in the blood of a creature. She layed there moaning in pain [i]"their blood is acid?" [/i]he thought as he saw a large tiger appear and lick Jiae then dissapearing as suddenly as it came. Jiae now layed on the ground quetly. Gothkir quickly had her propped up in his arm and was looking down at her. Lucifer ran over to where they lay an knelt. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000][i]"Is she ok?"[/i][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000][i]"Shes still breathing, I think she blacked out"[/i][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000]Lucifer nodded and stood up. He raised his left hand and shot an dark energy ball at the a group of creatures. It hit its mark but most of the explosion seemed to be absorbed. [i]"D*** anti-matter"[/i] he thought as he created another dark ball. He shot this at a creature in the group he aimed at before this blast did not explode though. It entered the creature. A red light soon began to glow from the monser that exited from it in the form of a ball. The monster fell lifeless as the ball rushed towards lucifer dissapearing inside him. "[i]refreshing" [/i]he thought charging towards the enemies. He jumped and sliced beheading two of the monsters. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000]Their blood coated his arms making them useless. "SH+T! this f+cking hurts![/color][/size][/font][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000]" He thought dissapearing in the shadows back to the middle of the camp site. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#8b0000][i]"Hey! Sardik we could really use that sword of yours"[/i][/color][/size][/font]

[I]Gothkir! Where are you?[/I]

Her voice entered his mind like a sweet melody.

[I]Jiae? Jiae! Oh! I'm... just a little away, you should be able to find me.[/I] He was still getting used to this telepathy thing.

He heard the pitter-patter of feet, and turned to see Jiae. She paused for a moment, and tears began streaming down her face. She ran up to the Kippor and threw her arms around him. He drew her close, and she buried her face in his chest.

She looked up at him after a few minutes.

"I thought you were dead, Gothkir. How could you?"

"I'm sorry Jiae... I... I just..." He broke into tears, not able to finish his sentence. She put her face into his chest again, and they cried there together, letting each other's tears feed their unconventional comfort.

They sat down next to each other.

"What were you thinking?" Jiae sniffled at the end of the question.

"I just feel... so... useless. Useless, and hopeless."

"Why? I don't understand..."

"Look, Jiae. Before I met you, I had nothing. [I]Nothing[/I]. Something about you, though... You make me feel whole again. You've given me another chance in this world. It's like I've been reborn through you. Not many people give a vampire a chance, but you... You're different somehow."

She looked at him, her deep eyes wide.

"I didn't... I had no idea I meant so much to you..."

Soon Gothkir found himself spilling his life's story to the Waska, Lyssa dying, his brother being murdered, even about his father raping him. He had never shared these things with anyone but Lyssa, and she was dead now.

Jiae listened intently, the story making her cry at times. He got the feeling she could relate at some points.

"I'm sorry you had to listen to all that," said Gothkir apologetically. "I just... I really needed to say some of those things, to get them out of me."

"It's ok," said Jiae. "When I was little, my mother beat me... My father raped me and used me for prostotution... My brother, my lover, was killed years ago. I know what it's like, Gothkir. I feel that pain."

With that, she fell asleep in his arms.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[I]"General Townsend, your daughter is here for you."

Townsend looked at Gothkir.

"Excuse me for a moment."

He walked out of sight, and Gothkir could hear a door open.

"Ah, Marra, how are we today?"

"I'm doing well, dad. Is Riku here yet?"

"No," replied Townsend. "Not yet. He should be soon. You can talk to Gothkir while you wait."

"The vampire? But dad..." She said this under her breath, but Gothkir could hear it clearly.

"Marra! I will not tolerate such... prejudice. Now go say hello to him."

Marra walked into the room. She was a pretty girl with brown hair and matching eyes. She looked younger than she really was, even though she was of average height.

"Hello," she said cautiously.

"Hi..." replied Gothkir, keeping his eyes trained on his feet.

"Look, if you heard that... I'm sorry, I didn't mean it. I just... The kids at school tell me stories about vampires."

"Marra," came Townsend's voice from the front room, "Riku's here!"

Riku entered the room.[/I]

Gothkir's eyes shot open as the dream evaporated into the recesses of his waking mind.

[I]That Riku... That was...

Sardik.[/I]

That's when he heard the terrible screeching noise.

Austris rose above the camp, spreading white light around him for sheer effect.

"I'll show you all what I can do..."

He launched himself down to where the others were fighting. Nobody seemed to pay much attention to him, which he took as an insult to his size, so he charged up a nice big, impressive attack to get things rolling. Two short blades of light came out of his arms, and he adopted a fighting stance. He singled out a creature and charged straight towards in, dashing up as it reached out to grab him and slicing it in the neck from behind. The creature roared, and steam pored from the gaping wound. All acid which touched his light simply burned into nothing. Handy, that! he thought to himself.
He looked across the camp with the time he had to spare and checked out the state of the others.

"You've gotta be kidding."

It was the same group from before, the group he had helped take out the crossbowmen on the roof. The female waska was unconscious, probably sleeping, but she seemed to have a habit of not being awake when he was around. He was shook from his thoughts by a shadow behind him, another monster. With a flash of light, his tail doubled in length and shone with beauty. A couple of the group were starting to show interest in his antics. About time. He flung his tail around the beast's neck and pulled it tight. The head melted instandly, leaving the body to writhe on the floor before dissolving. Now to get things interesting. He fired, without charging, a pair of bolts either side of him, piercing the flesh of two more creatures. he adopted his best cool-guy stance and turned to the others.

"Need a hand?"

"Need a hand?" Sardik, rather, Riku heard.

He picked up his sword, hearing the sound of monsters.

It was then that he saw the Lyc get shot. He ran by him, picking him up and throwing him off to safety. [I]He'll live.[/I] Sardik (I mean Riku) thought

He leapt out of the room, unsheathing his sword. There were a lot of vulture-shaped monsters about. He went through and stabbed about twenty, sucking them into the sword. Unfortunately, there were too many to kill with just one sword.

He then heard a few gunshots.

He turned around in time to see a person on the roof with a rifle. He looked through his scope at Sardik (I mean Riku).

He ended up firing at air, as Sardik (Riku) used one of his illusionary tricks.

Riku also noticed something odd about the gun he was firing. It fired out pure magical energy. He looked down at his sword, which was glowing strangely.

The rifleman shot at Riku, and at that moment, Riku remembered something. He held out his sword. Knowing that all of the monsters were mere magical illusions, he deducted that he had assimilated many into his sword, most likely changing them into the energy that was making his sword glow.

"FIRE!" he yelled, probably for no reason, considering with or without his consent the magic would want out.

A very small beam came out, just barely larger than the magic bullets the sniper was using. The bullet was turned around into the rifleman, and the beam kept its steady course.

There was a yell from the rifleman as his own bullet hit him in the chest. There was a second scream when the beam sucked him in and kept going.

"Whoa..." stated Riku unbelievingly.

His attention was drawn yet again to something else.

Chibi was still sleeping among the vulture things. She was probably going to die. Riku suddenly realised this, and ran to go retrieve her.

Sure enough, the vultures had started attacking her, and she had begun attacking them. She had little success, since she had no idea how to kill them. "Chibi! Go for the neck!" Riku cried.

He made it there in time to see her cut about thirty heads off with one swing.

[I]She's fine[/I] he thought, relieved. "Let's find the others!" He told her.

She nodded in consent. They kept running until they saw a very annoyed Gothkir, a very asleep Jiae, and a very dazed Lyc...thing....person.... anyway!

Riku didn't see the Kiros anywhere.

"Ahahahaha!!! You fools! You must either submit, or die!" Came a krios' voice from the bushes. Out came Ta'a Chuun, followed by numerous special guards.

"Umm... you couldn't kill us the first time..." Riku began, slowly pulling out a kunai. "What makes you think you can kill us here with less guards?" He asked.

There was a long and confused silence.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Chibi sat up, moving in a relaxed posture even though she was ready to slice a few throats. She noted the positions of Sardik and the newly appeared Ta'a Chuun, coming to stand beside Sardik and clasping his hand almost without thought.

"What's happening?"
"Shh." Sardik stayed coolly poised, and Chibi just gazed at him, feeling the memories rush back. [i]Not now![/i]

OOC: i just got home from college Preview Day and i'm exhausted and having a brain lapse. i'm extremely sorry.[/FONT]

OOC: Ummm.... Matarael, I was under the impression that spells [I]don't[/I] work in the blackmoor, but oh well. I'll roll with it.

IC:

[I]Damn vulture things![/I]

There was still a battle going on, seeing as Ta'a Chuun had decided to betray them after all. Gothkir really didn't care, though. He had more important matters to attend to. Jiae was hurt, and that was more important than the world at the moment. Gothkir saw that she was burnt terribly by the acidic blood of the beasts.

[I]Gods! Does everything in this place have to have acid for blood? It's like some bad horror movie![/I]

Gothkir removed his trenchcoat, as it was getting in the way. He took off his shirt and wrapped it around the shivering Jiae. He picked her up and looked behind him, processing the scene in his mind.

[I]Where did that Lyc come from?[/I]

The Lyc stood, looking quite dramatic with the unnatural light eminating from him. Gothkir watched as the frustrated Lyc found the aura dissipated.

"Tich'kinact!" The Lyc cursed the antimatter.

Gothkir wondered if Jiae would be angry with him for taking her away from the battle. Hopefully she wouldn't, but it was no matter. Her life was more important.

He ran into the moor, carrying her body.

He set her down in a clearing and took the shirt off her. Althogh she was hurt, she wasn't in danger of dying. That was a relief...

If he lost her...

He looked down at the Waska.

He sat there looking at her for almost an hour. He could still hear the sounds of the battle, but they seemed distant.

Her eyes finally slid open.

"Go... Gothkir?"

"Yes, Jiae. It's me."

Jiae blinked. "Gothkir?"

"Yes, Jiae. Its me."

Jiae opened her eyes, and looked up at Gothkir. She loked around. "Where are we?" She tried to sit up - bad idea. She hissed as her acid-raw skin rubbed against Gothkirs shirt. SHe looked down. Her clothes had been bitten through by the acid, but Gothkirs shirt was tight around her torso. Her skirt seemed fine - just a burned edge.

SHe blushed, and looked up. "Thank you. Are you okay?" Gothkir nodded. "I was afraid..." The Waska girl looked down. "THat I was dead?" Gothkir nodded. Jiae looked up, and met his eyes. Green met red, and Jiae's breath caught in her throat.

"Gothkir, you should go back, help the others-" Gothkir shook his head this time. "NO, Jiae. I can't, not with you like this." Jiae had her arms crossed in front of her stomach, gripping her elbows. She was sitting on her feet, in a kneeling position.

"Jiae-"

"Gothkir-"

Jiae wasn't exactly sure what happened next - it was all blurry, unreal. She leaned forward, and Gothkir met her halfway. They kissed.

Ta'a Chuun was feeling quite triumphant. "What makes you think that I have less guards this time, Waska?" Chuun said, as crossbowmen surrounded the camp. The vulture-things were all slain, and Chuun, having slipped out during the fight, had found that the end of the Blackmoor's antimatter field was closeby. Contacting the Prelate very quickly, he came back with as many troops as he could get away with. Prelate troops were everywhere, in the twisted trees, on the wrecks of buildings, and, most importantly, surrounding the entire camp. Chuun smirked. "Now, you miscreants, prepare to be... apprehended." [I]Goddamn! Again![/I] Gothkir stood up slowly, and swung his chain in a slow circle. "I would advise against that, Kippor, what with your [I]kordova[/I] friend in such a condition," said Chuun, nodding towards the unconcious Jiae. "[I]What[/I] did you just call her?! I'll f-cking kill you!" Shouted Gothkir, letting his kama fly in a sweeping arc towards Chuun. He deftly deflected the attack. Chuun glanced at a crossbowman at his side and snapped his fingers. The crossbowman fired a bolt into Gothkir's foot. "One more outburst like that, Kippor, and I'm afraid that we'll just have to set our sights a bit higher."

Chuun was basking in his own glory when suddenly a shout rang out. "SIR! We have a problem!" shouted a scout, gesturing back the way he came. Chuun looked in the implied direction. There was a gigantic dust cloud, as far as the horizon, and the treetops were rustling madly, some even flying up as if tossed aside carelessly, as far as the forest went. Swarms of small bird-like things were flying up in clouds, disturbed by whatever was coming, which, judging by the spectacle, was every single monster in the Blackmoor. "Soldier, weren't you in a patrol with ten other people?" asked the nervous Chuun. "Sir, I'm the only one that made it back alive." Chuun finally fully noticed the scout. He was covered in dirt, blood, burns, and acid, his clothes were ripped awfully, barely recognizeable as a Prelate uniform, and he was breathing very heavily. [I]This is an issue,[/I] thought the downcast Chuun.

Jiae's face moved closer to Gothkir's, eyes half-closing as they got closer. Gothkir thought his heart was going to rip out of his chest, it was beating so hard. Their lips touched, softly and sweetly. His life connected to hers, all of their pain lost in the kiss. This moment was one Gothkir remembered for the rest of his life (and wished had lasted that long). The tender kiss layed upon his lips seemed to fill him with a new power, and he felt he could have lifted the weitght of world with ease.

They pulled away slighty, and their lips touched again, shorter this time. Gothkir opened his eyes to see her face. Her eyes were still closed, as if to savor the moment for a while longer. Her eyes slid open.

"Gothkir, I..."

"Gods, Jiae," he said. "I'm sorry... oh gods, I'm so sorry..."

He turned to leave, but she grabbed his wrist.

"No, it's ok."

He looked at her disbelievingly, but she kissed him again.

"There," she giggled. "Is that proof enough?"

He nodded, looking into her eyes again.

"Jiae, I..." He just couldn't say those three words to her. Not yet, at least. He hoped he would, for the Gods knew he felt it.

"Yes?" She looked at him sweetly.

"I..." He couldn't. "Thank you," he managed. "But you need to get some rest."

"You sure you'll be alright?" She gave him a worried look.

"Yeah," he replied. "Now you get some sleep. I'll take care of these bastards."

She laid down to get some sleep. Just as he turned to leave, she lifted her head up.

"Oh, and Gothkir?"

"Yeah?"

"Kick some Prelate ***."

He knelt down and kissed her forehead.

"Oh, I will," he siad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ta'a Chuun was looking quite proud.

"Now, you miscreants, prepare to be... apprehended."

Gothkir was becoming exasperated with Ta'a Chuun, the Prelate, and those damned dramatic pauses! He had been crouching near the outside of the clearing. He stood up and began swinging his flail kama in a slow circle.

"I would advise against that, Kippor, what with your kordova friend in such a condition," said Ta'a Chuun, smirking.

"What did you just call her?! I'll f-cking kill you!"

Gothkir let the kama fly free, swinging with deadly speed at the Kiros, who deftly defleced the blade with his rapier.

He snapped his fingers, and there was a crossbow bolt in Gothkir's foot.

[I]Damn[/I], he thought. [I]That kinda hurts![/I]

"One more outburst like that, Kippor, and I'm afraid that we'll just have to set our sights a bit higher."

The Kiros seemed very proud of himself.

That's when the guard came rushing into the area.

"SIR! We have a problem!"

"Soldier, weren't you in a patrol with ten other people?" asked a very nervous Chuun.

"Sir, I'm the only one that made it back alive."

Ta'a Chuun didn't look too proud anymore.

KKKRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKK!

"What the hell was [I]that[/I]?" Sardik strained his eyes to see into the forest.

"Oh, sh-t. Here it goes."

"What," asked Gothkir.

"Well," said Sardik, "That's got to be the biggest f-cking snake I've ever seen."

A huge serpent, almost 300 feet long came crashing into the clearing.

It roared again, louder this time.

KKKRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKK!

It's massive teeth didn't look too inviting, either.

[I]In case I don't make it out of this one...[/I] Gothkir trained his telepathy on Jiae's signal.

[I]Jiae?[/I]

[I]Yes?[/I] She replied.

[I]I love you.[/I]

Ta'a Chuun was quite worried. "All archers, fire at that thing! See if you can find a weak spot! Snipers, do the same!" The sky grew dark with bolts flying at the monster. Most, unfortunately, merely bounced off, wounding many troops in the process. A few, however, held fast, unfortunately doing nothing but angering the thing. "F-CK! CEASE FIRE! CEASE FIRE!" But the soldiers, panicked, had a different plan of action. However, they were firing at where the other bolts stuck, or at the 68 eyes. Chuun, supremely pissed off, strode towards where the two Waska were standing, his red cloak billowing out behind him dramatically. "Waska! I propose a temporary truce. I'll temporarily call off my troops, and all of us work together- temporarily, mind you- to kill THAT." "I think we can handle that. Just leave this to me." The Waska drew his blade and ran towards the monster.

Noticing Riku, the monstrous snake drew back its head, striking as fast as lightning. Riku, however, was that much faster. Leaping nimbly to the side, he rebounded off of a tree limb, skidding to a halt at where the neck would be on a 300-foot-long snake would be. He then jumped up as high as he could and thrust the sword directly up. Instead of finding a purchase, however, it glanced off. Riku was naturally quite surprised by this development. The snake, knowing only severe annoyance, simply knocked Riku out of the air and into a tree trunk. "Cleric! Cleric! Someone get a cleric, and tell them to attend to that Waska. He may be the only chance we have. All right, everybody else," Chuun sighed, ad drew his sabre. "Everybody else, hit it with your best shot."

Austris looked up from his unconscious prone position on the floor and stared at the arrow on the floor. He felt behind his head and grimaced. He attempted to charge a healing spell...

"What the..."

His spells didn't seem to be working. The image of his teacher appeared in his head.

[I] "You idiot, you can't use spells in the Blackmoor."[/I]

"Then, how was I doing it before?" Austris asked.

[I] "Your body stored spell power from the real world. Now, it seems, you have run out."[/I]

Austris cursed under his breath. "So... now what?"

[I] "Don't worry. I have seen your skill with a blade and have left a little present for you."[/I]

lightly unnerved, Austris looked around the surrounding area.

"I can't see anything. Just the others, and the trees and...one hell of a big snake."

[I] "Snake? Oh..."[/I]

His mind was cut off by a snake-like tail crashing into the floor barely millimetres from his position. It was, in fact, the tail of a snake. A head reared up ahead of him. He tried to move, but a second crossbow bolt protruded from his leg.

"*******" he cursed, before a mouth enclosed around him.

Gothkir pulled the crossbow bolt out of his foot in time to see the snake's mouth closing around a defenseless Lyc.

[I]Time for me to actually be useful.[/I]

Gothkir swung his flail kama as quickly as he could at the serpent. It hit the creature's skin and bounced off. It [I]did[/I], however, devert it's attention to him instead of the Lyc. It whipped it's head around and roared at him. Gothkir then noticed the fleshy area around it's forehead.

[I]What the...[/I]

The fleshy area opened to reveal another eye. It already had, what, 60-something eyes? This one was huge, though, and human-like. It swiveled around to survey the area. Gothkir watched as one of Chuun's guards fired frantically at the eye missing every time. The beast ripped off the man's head with one quick motion.

It turned it's head back toward Gothkir. The large eye in it's forehead focused on him. There was something eerily human about it...

[I]Pitiful creature[/I]. The words entered his mind like a scream.

The creature was speaking to him telepathically.

[I]But how...[/I]

[I]Shut up and listen[/I], it snapped back.

[I]Leave this place. It is no longer yours.[/I]

Gothkir looked at it.

[I]F-ck you.[/I]

He swung his kama at it again. It plunged deep into it's massive eye. Acidic blood spurted out, killing three more guards.

The creature screamed and charged toward Gothkir again. He jumped up, swinging his kama. It buried itself in the eye again. The creature's head fell to the ground with a crash, but it wasn't dead. The guards all fired at the eye, and it finally gave a thrash, and died.

Jiae struggled to sit. [i]Oh, Gods... Gothkir![/i] She got up, and grabbed her staff. She ran, stumbling. She came to the scene, but the creature was alredy dead. She could feel Kalys at her shoulder, breathing down on her. She went nearly limp with releif when she saw Gothkir get up, and whipe his sword on the grass. She sat down, her back firm against a tree.

Kalys watched as Gothkir finished cleaning his weapon. [i]He really does care for you.

I know.[/i] Gothkir caught sight of her. [i]Jiae!

Gothkir. I heard the beast scream, and thought...[/i] She couldn't meet his eyes. [i]I know. You should be asleep, though.[/i] Jiae smiled, and looekd up. [/i]How could I? I was worried.[/i]

[I]Gothkir. I heard the beast scream, and thought...[/I]

She couldn't meet his eyes.

[I]I know. You should be asleep, though.[/I]

Jiae smiled, and looked up.

[I]How could I? I was worried.[/I]

He smiled at her and sat down, wincing. Jiae put her head on his shoulder, and he put his arm around hers.

"Well," he said, out loud this time. "Things have been getting quite interesting lately..."

She looked up at him and he kissed her.

She giggled. "Very interesting," she said, smiling contently. "Oh, by the way... You had started to say something to me, telepathically. It cut off before you could finish. What did you say?"

Gothkir said it this time without hesitation, without doubt.

"I love you."

Riku saw gothkir and the snake-monster meet eyes.

There was a very odd psychic wave being sent to Gothkir...one that somewhat disturbed Riku.

[I]This place is no longer yours...[/I]

That's when Gothkir threw the kama.

Riku stood, scared out of his mind. He was then confronted by a thought. [I]The guards are here... and they want to kill us... but that snake will provide us a way out![/I] Riku looked at his sword. [I]And we're gonna need this![/I]

[I]Jiae! Send a message to everyone! Tell them to get to the snake, ASAP![/I]

[I]I'm on it![/I] she replied.

Soon, every one of their friends were at the snake. "Okay, everyone. Listen. I have the key to getting out of here right here in my hands." Riku held his sword out. "What I will ask you to do now will probably make you uncomfortable, but please understand that it is the only way!" Riku cut his hand on the sword. "Everyone! Come cut your hand on the sword!"

The group looked skeptically at Riku. [I]Damn... not much time before the portal opens...[/I] he thought.

Chibi stood, and walked over to Riku. She cut her hand on the blade. "I think I get it! Come on! You have to do this!"

Everyone came and cut their hands. Even the Lyc participated. The guards and the Kiros, however, did not.

"Everyone! Cut hands on the snake's eye!" Riku shouted.

They all complied, and Riku shoved his sword into the snake's eye. [I]Rest in peace, friend.[/I] he thought.

The portal opened.

"What!? That's impossible!" The Kiros shouted. "You can't open a portal here..."

"Too late!"

And the group disappeared, leaving the Kiros confused, and very suddenly aware that he was surrounded by beasts.

The group touched down in the middle of a field of white grass.

[I]The Calms...[/I] Sardik thought. "Well, we're safe now."he sat down and said with a sigh.

Jiae sat down solidly. She cursed. 'My skin..." It still burned, but now... she smiled, and slowly started singing, softly. She could feel the magic around her, forming in her mind. She use her hands to guide it, and healed herself. She looked at her clothes disdainfully. [i]We'll have to do something baout that later...[/i] SHe looked at her hand. She had healed it, too, but there was a thin, moon-white scar down her palm.

She looked up. "Gothkir?" The Kipor turned to her. Jiae's breath caught in her throat. "You hurt?" He came over, and sat next to her. "Not really." Jiae took his hand, and healed it. She yawned, then laughed. "Gods, I'm tired. Trying to do magic on the Blackmoor is not fun." Again she looked at he rclothes.

"I'm going to have to do something about this." She glanced up. "You need your shirt back. Besides, its rubbing my skin raw." She laughed, her green eyes psarkling. [i]I love yu, too, Gothkir.[/i] she told him, and only him.

Riku sighed again, except this time not with relief.

"Man, I need to sleep a little more..." He thought to himself. "Huh, so I'm in the Calms again..."

Riku reminisced about his time in the Calms. He remembered something here that... he didn't think of before...

This is the first place he had met Marra...

Riku was suddenly brought to attention whaen he heard his other name being called. "Sardik? Sardik? Are you listening to me, Sardik?" Chibi came walking up the hill and smacked Riku upside the head.

"Ay! What was that for?" Sardik complained, chuckling.

"Well, I've been calling you for awhile, and you weren't responding!" She said, trying to sound annoyed.

"Well you should have called me by my real name!" Riku said, suddenly realising that he hadn't told her. "Oh... I didn't realise that I hadn't told you! My real name..." He began. He paused for awhile. "My real name is Riku."

"Riku!?" Chibi said, startled.

Riku walked off, beckoning for Chibi to follow. Riku really wanted to see the Calms again, before he had to leave...

Chibi caught up. She started a sentence, then looked at her feet. She walked side by side with Riku for awhile.

[I]I need to sleep...[/I] he thought. "I think I'll try and get some sleep. You should too, Chibi..." She kept walking wth him. She seemed like she was trying to say something to him... just couldn't say it very easily.

OOC: Sorry i am late a whole lotsa bullsh*t happenin in me life. moving on ^_^

IC: [i]Jiae, where are you guys? I am talking to you through an oracle here in Balkazzar. I need to find you guys. Hows Gothkir by the way??[/i]

[i]We are up here in the Calms. See if the oracle can get you here. We'll be waiting for you.[/i]

Riho stops the transmission and asks the oracle if he can get teleported to the Calms. The oracle replies yes, and Riho finds himself in the middle of a very large white field. He looks over and sees Gothkir surrounded by Jiae and a bunch of others.

"What have you guys been doing?...you look kinda beaten up..."

Jiae replies sarcastically, "Uh, well lets see, not much unless you count the goddamn monsters we have been fighting. And then theres us getting wounded and-"

"ok ok look im sorry, alright? I wanted to come earlier, but i have been practicing my skills, seeing as i am not quite experienced." Riho says.

Jiae snorted. Gothkir looked from her to Riho. "Do you guys... know each other?" Jiae sighed. "Yeah. We know each other from a long time ago. He was..." Her face clouded. "He was Dannin's bud." Riho knew how hard it was to say something like that to him.

She got up, and hugged riho. "Look, Riho, you could have found a way to get us [i]back[/i] to the regular world. " Riho blushed, and she rleased him, sitting next to Gothikir. She leaned her head on his shoulder, an eyebrow raised at Riho. "Erm, well, uh, sorry, Jiae. I didn't think of it. I was just concerned with finding you..." Jiae smiled.

"Its alright, Riho. I promise."

OOC; ^_^ I stuck you in.

Jiae noticed suddenly that she was being wattched from about a foot behind her. She turned around, and Riku was standing there, staring into the conversation.

"Need a way out, huh?" He said. "Well, magic here is amplified, so you can get us out of here anytime!" Riku paused. "But... don't. We should stay and rest up a bit, you know?" Riku looked embarassed. He noticed that everyone around him could tell.

Jiae smiled slyly. "Oh. [I]Now[/I] I get it. You only want to stay because of-" Riku shoved his hand over her mouth. Jiae seemed to get the picture. "Ah... So I was right!"

"Shut up! You have no idea!" Riku was very embarassed. "Look, I'm gonna leave for awhile, so don't leave without me please." Riku started off in the direction of the Calms Basin. He didn't look back, and didn't want to. "If that's how they're going to treat me after getting them out of that mess, then fine! See how they like it when I'm not around to help!"

He heard footsteps coming up behind him. They didn't seem organized, so it couldn't be a guard or an assassin, and they were stopping, so it wasn't someone trying to kill him. He turned in time to see...

OOC: Hehe... who DOES he turn around and see? ^_^

Ta'a Chuun was greviously wounded. "You... utter... B*STARD, Waska," He managed to gasp. "You? How the bloody f-ck did you get here?" shouted the very surprised Riku. "How the hell did you get out of the Blackmoor alive?" Chuun wasn't about to tell him. "I... have... my... sources, Waska." He wasn't pausing for the effect. He was bleeding in many places, burnt in the others, and his clothes were ripped horribly. He suddenly realized that magic could work here, and healed himself.

[ALIGN=Center]--------[FONT=Impact]FLASHBACK[/FONT] --------[/ALIGN]

Ta'a Chuun was very stressed out. His troops were being slaughtered by monsters, and the only end in sight was his death. He had to do something. What he did, as it turned out, was run. Breathing heavily, he crashed through the undergrowth, using his sabre as a machete. [I]A shame about the troops, really,[/I] Chuun thought, [I]but there's nothing I can do about that now.[/I] A vulture-thing leapt from the undergrowth at him, and he decapitated it professionally. He cursed as the acidic blood sprayed him, but he had no time to lick his wounds, as more were emerging as he cursed. [I]I must find the end of this accursed wasteland,[/I] he thought, [I]before these things overwhelm me.[/I] Finally, pursued by a pack of vulture-things, he burst from the Blackmoor, and barely opened the weave before they leapt. Falling through, he emerged in the Calms.

[ALIGN=Center]----------------[/ALIGN]

Straightening up, Chuun put on his best triumphant smirk. "So it appears that I have finally caught up with you, Waska. Now tell me, how does defeat taste?" "Defeat? What happened to your little army? And how do you expect to defeat us without it?" Chuun started to sweat.

"I'm going to go check on Riku. I'm a bit worried about him," said Chibi. "Suit yourself," said Riho, splayed out on the ground. "You know where to find us." Chibi followed the trail that Riku had left. Topping the hill, she looked at the scen before her. "You guys!" Chibi shouted, "It's the Kiros! He's back!"

Ta'a Chuun was now extremely nervous. Surounded by a ring of unfriendly faces, he had nowhere to turn. Except... "You there! Lyc! Surely you want to aid your government?" The Lyc looked disgusted. "If you are our government, then I want no part of it." [I]Well... sh-t,[/I] thought Chuun, readying his sabre.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Chibi was sitting a good way down the plain, practically buried in white grass. She started chewing on her left hand's first nail, feeling twists inside her stomach from memories that had come from nowhere.

[b]~FLASHBACK~[/b]

[i]"Marra! Marra-anni!"
"Yes, Papa?"
"You need to go see a friend of mine. He says to meet him in the Calms Basin, so go now."
"Yes, Papa."

Soft grasses tickled her feet as she looked for the 'friend' her father had sent her to meet. "Hello?"

A Waska appeared before her, bowing slightly and smiling."Marra Townsend?"

She nodded slightly. "And you are...?"

His bright orange eyes lit slightly. "Riku...Riku...Riku..."

[/i][b]~END FLASHBACK[/b]

OOC: please forgive the length of this >_> school is out now! must run!!! :sweat:[/FONT]