OtakuBoards

Subhuman

0ber0n the Neko

Gothkir limped away from the ensuing battle above him. He had finally come to, only to see the Waska girl look at him quizzically, then leap away into the fight that raged on the rooftops.

That girl...

The memories flooded back to him like a storm.

[I]Gothkir watched in horror as the creature plunged it's sword into her face. Blood sprayed like a fountain as the beast laughed sadistically.[/I]

[I]How do you like that, f--king vampire? Huh? You gunna drink her blood too?[/I]

[I]It laughed again, making fun of the situation that had just crushed Gothkir's life. He observed in horror as the Waska girl's brain slid out of her skull and down the blade. Her blood formed a puddle at the beast's feet. Her precious body hung there in some sort of sick mockery of a crucifixion.

"BASTARD! I'LL KILL YOU!"[/I]

[I]Rage eminated from every pore on his body, and his mind twisted with hatred, hatred that burned into his skull and tore apart his concience. The following events seemed to slow down, to move frame by frame... Gothkir impaling the creature to the ground with it's own sword... Cutting off all of it's limbs... He vaguely remembered it begging for mercy... He slit it's throat and hung it from a tree... Cursing it, cursing it for destroying the only thing he lived for, the only thing that gave him purpose...[/I]

[I]Lyssa...[/I]

That Waska girl... Jiae, was that her name? Yes. Yes, that was it. He knew he had never seen her before... Yet it felt as if he had known her all his life.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[I]Where am I?[/I]
[I]You are here with me.[/I]
[I]Who are you?[/I]
[I]...[/I]
[I]Well?[/I]
[I]If I told you, you would think I was lying.[/I]
[I]Tell me anyway![/I]
[I]I am... Sardik Mes.I am a former guard of the imperial order. I now live as an assassin, making at least twice as much money... but that's not why I changed professions... was it? Did I really ever care about the money? Am I even here? Do I really exist? Didn't I die back then? When General Townsend...[/I]
[I]No... No.... I... I didn't die! ...Did I?[/I]
[I]No... I carried on the banner... Or did I run away? Can I ever remember? Did I ever forget? Will I ever forget?[/I]
[I]Stop! You're lying! Stay away![/I]
[I]Do you really fear yourself so much? So much you would rather believe others than yourself? Can I really lie to myself?[/I]
[I]...[/I]
[I]Well?[/I]
[I]If I told you, you would think I was lying.[/I]

Sardik awoke. He analyzed his dream.

[I]Have I forgotten?[/I] he asked himself. [I]Or did I merely choose not to remember?[/I]

"You sure do sleep a lot for an assassin. Have a pleasant dream?" The voice said. This time it sounded definetely female. He couldn't tell who it was, though...

"Will you tell me your name at least?"

"Promise not to go to sleep?"

"Yeah. I promise. Now will you tell me? And tell me why whenever I am in the same room as you, my memories come back!"

"Well, I can't answer your last question." The female voice said jokingly, as a figure stepped into the light. Sardik felt his blood run cold. This girl was...

OOC: Sorry all, but it i can hardly get on the net at my house, so i may fall behind a lot...

IC: Sitting on the rooftop, Riho pulls the arrows out of his side andquickly gulps down a healing potion. The wounds close up and he stands back up. Seeing that Gothkir was badly injured, Riho ran to help him.
"Here, take this." Riho said to Gothkir, giving away his last healing potion. " Is anyone else left to be killed?" Riho asked eagerly, wanting to get the rage inside him out.

This girl was the daughter of General Townsend! Or at least she looked the part...

He remembered why he dreamed about Townsend...

[I]He was like my father... In fact he almost was... He always mentioned that he had a daughter, Marra... or something..., back home. I even saw her picture once... Wait... Don't I still have it?[/I] thought Sardik.

He reached down into his pouch and brought out a very aged piece of paper with a photograph on it. It was very faded (being a very early black and white photo), and hard to see in this light... but he could see the resemblance... Both had beautiful eyes, the same structure... He could almost feel himself falling in love all over again... [I]It would be great if I could settle down... get a stable job... a good wife...[/I] He remembered something.

[I]Townsend had always wanted me to wed his daughter, and wasn't very alluding to it either. He would always come into my tent, saying something like "So, how's my future son in law?" Ha... those were the good old days... Still, part of Townsend's final request to me was to marry his daughter, and make sure she was happy... It would be nice if this was her...[/I] He thought.

[I]But they look the same age ... She couldn't be Marra...could she?[/I] wondered Sardik.

Jiae looked at Gothkir as he limped away. She scrunched up her brow, then launched herself back into battle. Her staff was swirling with unimaginable spead, and it cracked into a couple peoples heads. Her mind, though, was elsewhere. How she fought without getting hurt in this state, no one ever knew.

[i]Jiae screamed as a waska boy was flung into a wall, his bones shattering. SHe ran, her sword gleaming, at his attacker. She was flung back into a wall, and slid to the ground as the thing walked over to her friend, grinning savagley.

Jiae said, "YOU MOSNETR!" The demon laughed, and turned to her, and she screamed in pain. The dead body of her friend lay at his feet.

The Waska mage held up a bruised hand and flame danced around her body. The flame engulfed her sword, and she rushed the monsetr, her sheild flinging up around her as the sword slid neatly into the things stomach. It screamed in rage and pain, and she started to hack it to bits.

When she wad one, she slid to the ground, cradling the Waska boys broken body in her arms, sobbing. She flung the sword away, horrified. SHe vowed she would never wield another one, ever.

Her friend, lover, brother, was dead...

Dannin...[/i]
Jiae gasped as a bolt finally struck home. It thunked solidly into her shoulder, and she fell with a shriek from the roof top. She hit the ground and rolled into the shadows, breathing hard, shuddering. More bones broken... The waska girl slid into unconciousness.

"Wahh!"

Austris and Lo were making good time, until Austris nearly tripped over the body of a Waska.

"What the h*ll?"

"A Waska!" Lo said in awe. Few people of this city had seen a Waska, except the guards and Austris' parents, who saw them often in visions.

"Get used to it, there are plenty around."

Austris studied the body with a mixture of sympathy and contempt. She was badly hurt, it looked like nearly evry bone in her body was broken, and several bolts stuck from her side.

"Is she..."

"No. Just badly hurt."

"Who would have done such a thing?"

Lo's question was answered by the arrival of a figure on the roof where they presumed she had fallen. His sword was bloodied, and he was quite large in stature. A Homak.

"Get outta here, shrimps, don't you have school to go to?"

"Not for a half an hour."

Austris charged himself up, surrounding himself in a beautious light. From where he stood, the Homak saw him as an angel. Using another one of his party tricks, Austris levitated himself up to the Homak's level, an evil grin on his face. The Homak was stunned, his face rought with awe. However, he suddenly changed his mood, swinging his blade at Austris.

"Take this!"

There was an almighty flash, as bright as the Sun itself, and Austris flung himself high into the sky like a comet. Another flash and he rocketed down behind the Homak, grin still on his face.

"B*stard!"

With a yell, Austris sent his foot into the Homak's skull. It was thrown backwards, surrounded in a light which burnt it's flesh. With an explosion which shook the houses for yard around, the Homak was crished against the wall of another building, and fell to the floor in a heap of smouldering flesh. As gracefully as ever, Austris lowered himself to the ground. With hands outstretched, he cast a light over the Waska girl. She winced in pain but her wounds gently sealed up, and the arrows in her side evaporated into nothing. Austris lost his glow and sat back on the ground.

"Better get to school."

And with that, he fell asleep.

"It looks like the sun is even afraid to come out today" Jace thought to himself as he looked at the clock in the city belltower. It had been 6hours since he slayed the twins..."Normally after one of the tribe is killed, the elders know and inact revenge on the poor fool who killed one of the Homaks" Jace thought....Maybe they had come of their own will, maybe nobody knew. Jace could only hope, for his sake and for the sake of this whole town.

Jace had taken to a deserted house for some rest after the battle, the whole town seemed to have been deserted when the two Homaks struck. *CLANG* Jace heard....and then blackness.

[I]Awakening in a dark world unlike any Jace had ever seen....bodies everywhere. Some hacked to bits, others hanging from poles...suddenly the vison changed to a great beast hanging from a tree. The whole world seemed destroyed, some mystical force then took Jace to his hometown...completly in ruins...in this place he was in, it was just like the world he was from, but yet it was completly different...everything and everybody was destroyed. Jace knew not how, but he knew that this was the near future if he didn't do anything about it. "I will not let this happen no matter what it takes"[/I]

He awoke in a room, laying in bed, his head bandaged. "What happened" he thought to himself. Glancing in an open door beside his bead he saw a gorgeous Kiros..."For a Kiros she's pretty cute" Jace thought outloud. "Why thank you" Came a plesent voice beside him. Jace turned to his left and realized the same girl was sitting beside him. "I'm sorry for the Illusion, I had to make sure that your intentions were pure before I let you see me" and with that the Illusion dissapeared.

"I'm Jessie, I sort of hit you in the head with a pan when I saw you come into my room, I didn't realize it was you who slayed the invaders until after I did itTell me please what happened, why those two homaks attacked our villiage" Jace preceded to tell Jessie all about the Homaks and the vision he had...."Well we need to do something about this then, and don't think I'm not coming with you" She barked. With out another word the two prepared to leave, to Jace it all seemed unreal, it was happening so fast, yet it seemed in slow motion...before he knew it he was riding along side this female Kiros....who in his vision was...was lying dead beside some others he felt close too for some reason, yet he knew not why.....

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Chibi appraised the Waska lying on her bed coolly, noting the way he looked at her and wondering what he saw in her that made him have that odd expression.

"Marra?" The Waska gazed at her unbelievingly.
"M..Marra? Who's Marra?" Chibi ignored the sudden stab of recognition in the pit of her stomach. "The name's Chibi, and you're in my apartment." [I]And I was an idiot to bring you here...[/I]

"You're not Marra?" The Waska's eyes were a bit disbelieving, but Chibi didn't give him the benefit of the doubt. "Nope."
"Funny. You look like her."
"Someone you knew?"
"You could say that." The Waska sat up and half-bowed. "Name's Sardik Mes, always glad to meet a pretty young lady like you."
"Charmed," Chibi responded drily. [I]Why does he seem so familiar?[/I]

"So I guess I'll be going." Two hours later, Chibi and Sardik had done some talking and had come to an agreement: Chibi would come work for Sardik, on a payment to be arranged later. There was SOMETHING between them, but Chibi wouldn't acknowledge the weird feeling she got whenever she looked into Sardik's eyes.
"No."
"No?"
"I'm not letting you go just so you can spread the word of where I live all over, to the wrong people."
"Well then, come on, I've got to get."
Chibi tied a blindfold around Sardik's head and took him out to an alley far away from her home. She swiftly untied the rag from his face and was gone into the night.[/FONT]

Gothkir sat in his dark room thinking to himself.

That Waska girl... He just couldn't get it out of his head... Something he had seen in her eyes. Some sort of sadness, as if she had lost something close to her. He knew it when he saw it.

But he was just a vampire. No-one could love him.

He couldn't love anyone... Not after Lyssa...

Yet something tugged at the base of his mind, like a caged beast that wants to escape, yet is reluctant to face the world outside.

He busied himself cutting his arms with his best knife to get his mind off Jiae and Lyssa. The pain he felt in his heart seemed to sort of bleed away with the cuts, but he knew it would come back. It always did... The memories had always haunted him, his thoughts would always plague him, he knew this.

He got up and walked to the bathroom, looking at his reflection in the mirror. He had always found the ancient belief that vampires had no reflections as comical. Oh, he could see himself alright.

Not that he wanted to...

After taking a shower, he stood in front of the mirror again, watching as his reflection evanesced into the rising fog on the glass. He wondered why happiness and love had always been so alien to him...

No, not always.

But had been since Lyssa was killed.

But Jiae...

Why couldn't he get her out of his mind? Was it because she reminded him so much of his beloved Lyssa? Was it because she had actually spoken to him (a rare occasion indeed)? Whatever it was, it wouldn't leave him alone.

He heard a rapping from his front door. He quickly threw some clothes on and pulled the door open.

A waska, whom he vaguely remembered as... what was it? Sardine? Sharpie? Sardik! That was it. He had a blindfold hanging from his neck, and donned a strange expression. Something was off though...

Sardik fell through the doorway. That's when Gothkir noticed the gash in his side.

"What happened? And how did you find my place?"

"I'll tell you later," he said in a strained voice, "but right now, those are the least of your worries."

That's when the three massive, hulking figures came crashing through the door.

Ta'a Chuun stepped out into an alleyway somewhere in Balkazza. [I]I must find this disturbance,[/I] he thought, [I]and deal with it. But where to start?[/I] Hearing a noise, he turned around. His eyes were still adjusting to the dark. A black figure... [I]a Waska girl, an assassin,[/I] was propping herself up on a staff, and a Lyc... [I]dead? No, asleep-[/I]was on the ground. "Jackpot," he mumbled. He put his hand on his sabre.

"You there! Waska! Explain yourself! What are you doing in this alley, dressed as an assassin?"

She barely glanced at him. "***** off," the Waska replied in a tired, exasperated voice.

He drew his sabre. "Do you know who I am, [I]woman[/I]?" Something Chuun said must have aggravated her. Her eyes shone in the gloom. "WHAT did you just call me? Prepare yourself!" She assumed an elaborate stance, and charged.

Chuun, being a Kiros, was not tall or muscular, but he had speed, and could anticipate movements very well. Most of the fencing matches held at the old academy he won with ease, but even so, the Waska girl's movements caught him by surprise, and he was barely able to parry the first strike before it was followed by another. His movements were fluid, graceful, and precise, but he soon found himself flagging. [I]I had hoped I wouldn't have to resort to this,[/I] he thought, as he jumped back. "Whatever's the matter, [I]man[/I]? Feeling too tired," she exclaimed as she charged once more, "to keep this up? Well, try this one on for-" She never saw the shimmering portal, and was unknowingly transported to the other side of the city. "I really do hate to pull that move, my dear, but I had no choice." Chuun remarked to the air. He spied the unconcious Lyc, and prodded him with his toe. The Lyc awoke, in a sense. "Shouldn't you be preparing for school?" Chuun said to him. The Lyc blinked blearily, nodded, and promptly fell back asleep.

[I]Well, that takes care of one,[/I] Ta'a Chuun thought, [I]but the Prelate said that there were more than one infiltrators causing the disturbance[/I]. He sighed, and stepped out of the alley. "I'm quite attached to my *ss," he mumbled to no one in particular, and set about searching.

Austris liked to dream. His rampant imagination ment he could change anything he wanted in dreams just by wishing it. Therefore he was always conquerer of the universe.

[I] "Mr. Luvernicus, sir."

"What is it? Stop wasting my time."

"There is a man here who wishes to see you."

"What does he look like?"

"He's a Kiro, quite smartly dressed, he want's to talk to you about some sort of appointment."

"Tell him I'm busy."

"But... he insists."

"Tell him!"

The Kiro aide ran from ther room for fear of Austris' legendary wrath. As he closed the door behind him, Austris could hear the sound of raised voices, and of a clash of metal on metal. Another assassin, he thought to himself with a smile. Another chance to prove his superiority. Suddenly, the door was flung of it's hinges with a great crash, and a tall Kiro came into the room, totally out of the ordinary, carrying a huge hammer.

"Austris, living it up as always, I see."

His face looked somewhat familiar.

"What's it to you?"

"It is to me that even in your dreams you cannot have the skills to defeat me, and therefore be excused from lessons."

"Huh?"

The Kiro suddenly charged swinging his hammer down to Austris' head. Quick as a flash, Austris dived to the side, and started to charge up a spell. But before he could finish it, he looked up into the face of the Kiro, a very powerful fire spell in his hand.

"Now get your *ss over here before I permanently remove it from your body!"

He fired.[/I]

****, Austris thought, I'm late for school.

Jiae lay on the ground, her brain fuzzy. She thought she should be in pain, but she wasn't. SHe could move, and the Waska girl touched her shoulder with one hand. She gasped. [i]Its not wounded![/i] She managed to sit up, opening her eyes. SHe instantley regretted doing so. Jiae's head started to pound, and she graoned.

Jiae looked around, and saw that her wounds were healed, and the bolts - gone. To her left, though, was a Lyc. She gaped at him, then he cursed. She started backwards a little bit, but winced in pain as she felt that not all of her bones had been healed. [i]Better fix that.[/i] She placed a hand on her ribs, and started to heal them - but stopped. The way her fourth, seventh, eighth, and ninth ribs were broekn or fractured was familiar.

THe Waska girl bit her lip, and kept healing. Before... before Dannin had been killed, ([i]so brutally murdered.[/i], she thought)she had been a skilled mage, able to do magic as freely and effectivley as she wanted. And then, he had gone, died, left her, and for years all she could do was minor healing spells, and definatley not locater spells. SHe had regained some of her magic through the years, but not all of it.

When she had seen that Kippor, they had locked eyes. SHe had seen something in them that she had defined - loss. Loss of a loved one. She shook her head, then clutched at it in pain. [i]But he's a vampire, he never.... but yes, he could have. You have to be human, or whatever, before you can be a vampire.[/i]

[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=2]Lucifer layed on the rooftops watching the skies. He watched as clouds floated across the sky changing shape as they did. He thought of the battle " I wonder if Sardiks alright? I wonder who those people were there was sardik, me, a lyc, another waska and a vampire" The last made him a bit uneasy and he sat up. "Sardik is proabably drunk, I better go make sure he's ok". Lucifer stood up and jumped across from rooftop to rooftop before jumping into a alley.

When he landed he saw a waska trying to heal herself. "She was the waska that was fighting those guards with sardik and I" he thought walking up to to her.

"Do you need some help?" Lucifer asked.

"No" She said sharply looking at him.

"Your a vampire arent you supposed to die in sunlight"

"Myth we dont like it it sting our eyes but we can manage it but you dont seem to want my help so I'll be going" Lucifer set a potion down as he walks to the mouth of the alley.

"Can vampires love?"

"Sure but who would love us back we are hated and feared" He said walking out of the alley into the the street. looking back he turned to his right and no longer could see the waska.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

"Yeah. They followed us..." Said Sardik to a surprised Gothkir. Chibi walked up beside him, then gaped at his wound.

"Um... got any healing...uh...stuff?" Sardik asked them.

"No..." replied the kippor.

"Well, I do know some healing magic, but it won't be in time..." replied Chibi.

"Huh! You're useful in more than just a couple of ways!" Sardik responded.

"Well, I'll go without for awhile..." Sardik focused his concentration. He knew this skill like the back of his hand.

After all, he did create it.

He picked up his kunai and quickly cut both of his palms. The pain was immense. The blood was flowing almost uninhibited. But that was the trick.

He ran up to one of the beasts, obviously a Rakka, and jumped up to meet it at eye level. He knew what would happen. The Rakka swiftly pulled his longsword up to stab Sardik. Sardik threw blood into the Rakka's eyes, and jumped off the longsword that was coming at him. The Rakka proceeded to stab himself in the face.

He glanced at Gothkir. He was summoning some large ball of something...It looked dark...

Then he realised something. "Gothkir! Make the room pitch black!"

Gothkir turned around, looking at the waska, realising that doing so would make Sardik almost completely invisible.

"Okay!" The room was now completely dark.

There were a few sickening noises. Since Gothkir was also wearing mostly black, and had good nightvision, this environment change benefitted him as well.

There were two almost synonomous groans and the two towering giants were on the floor, dead. The lights came on just in time for Sardik and Gothkir to notice that the first Rakka wasn't quite dead yet.

"Damn! It's not dead!" Gothkir Turned to look at the Waska standing next to him, watching the blood running from his hands.

"You're hurt," the Waska said to him.

"No, i'm fine," he said. Then, clutching the huge wound on his side, rethought his earlier statement. "Well, maybe not."

"Sh-t, I'm out of healing potions!" Then the Sardik looked down at his hands.

"Here!" He held his hands out to Gothkir, who drank some of the fresh blood trickling down Sardiks fingers. Sardik watched in wonder as the Kippor's wounds closed up, just as his did when he drank a healing potion.

"Thanks," Gothkir said awkwardly.

"Sure," laughed the Waska. "Now let's take this bastard out!"

The Rakka had gotten to it's feet by the time they turned to face it. It started running toward them. In a flash, there was a kama in it's neck and a kunai knife protruding from where it's eye had been seconds ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An hour later, after they had defeated the Rakkas and moved the bodies outside, the three strange companions sat at a table in the other room.

"What made you decide to help [I]me[/I] of all people?"

Jiae glared at the vampires back as he left. Her hand glowed a soft blue-green, and she could feel the effect. She shut out all nose from her mind, because the sound of bones shifting into place was unsettling. SHe could soon move with out to much trouble, and drew [i]mana[/i] from the earth, reviving herself fully. "Now I should be able to do magic without dying."

SHe got up, and closed her eyes. She grabbed her staff, and glared at the forms of her enemies. The Waska girl focused her energy, and managed to teleport. She was at her home, and the door was still locked. SHe checked her wards - they were up, and sturdy. Jiae went to her kitchen, and found food: a almost-not-cooked steak, some soda, and a chicken tender salad. She chose the salad. Grabbing some salad dressing, she plopped down on the couch to eat.

Jiae ate quickly, and soon left again, this time by normal means of transportation - if you can call walking in the tree ans on rooftops normal. She reached out with her slight ift of telepathy, and touched Sardik's mind. [i]Sardik? Its me, the other Waska. Jiae.[/i]

Austris jumped where he sat as the Waska girl suddenly disappeared. Once he had calmed down, he then managed to use most of his energy to stand up. The alleyway was in chaos, blood streamed across every wall, and from several different sources.

"Enough of this, I'm off."

He forced his legs to move, and he proceeded out into the street. He kept along the walls for support, as he had not fully woken up yet. He stumbled over a bottle on the floor, but kept his balance. He mustn't fall asleep again. His Psychology teacher had the power to enter people's dreams whilst they slept, which explained his ruined fantasy earlier. Austris decided he wouldn't go to school today. He would say that he'd contracted sleeping sickness or something. And with that, he set off home.

[CENTER]---[/CENTER]

"Austris, where were you?"

Austris' mother greeted him in the lobby.

"You were out all night we were really worried."

"Yeah, I'm ok."

"Why arn't you in school?"

Austris fumbled for an excuse.

"I...err... fell on a broken bottle on the way there. They mage me come home so didn't get gangrene."

His mother looked at him, only half believing his story.

"OK, then, there are some spare bandages in the bathroom cupboard."

"Thanks."

Austris hobbled up the stairs to the second storey, where he intended to sleep all day.

[I]Look, "Jiae". Let's meet somewhere. I'm sending my friend. We need to talk about last night.[/I]

[I]Alright! Tell him to meet me at the plaza. But why aren't[B] you [/B] coming?[/I]

[I]I have other business to take care of. Goodbye.[/I]

Gothkir, Chibi, and Sardik had all come to the same conclusion. They needed to travel to stay away from the guards. They needed to find the source of these guards.

"Gothkir? Will you go meet our friend at the plaza? Tell her we need her to join us."

"Sure!" Gothkir got up with almost suspicious vigor. He walked off, looking almost happy.

"Ok, Chibi. Come with me."

"What for?" She asked.

"We need to talk," Sardik remembered how she had looked, reacting to his mentioning Marra. She looked almost reminiscent. She also seemed like she knew something... "We need to talk about Townsend."

Gothkir stepped into the next room and closed the door behind him. It looked as if the two Waskas were surprised... Maybe they thought him eager to meet this task ahead of him. Whatever.

Gothkir had no idea if he'd see her again... Yet he wasn't sure he was ready to see Jiae again. She stirred emotions in him that he couldn't quite place. Seeing her again... No.

No, he couldn't.

He had sworn never to let anyone get close to him again. He couldn't bear a loss of that magnitude again.

But Jiae...

He knew it. There and then, in a sort of epiphinal moment in which his world slid into place, his conciousness became whole again.

He was falling in love with her.

Jiae.

And he had to see her again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The plaza was crowded with people, mostly Spherecs, going about their daily business, or gossiping about the "disturbance" on the rooftops the night before. He looked around through the deep tint of his sunglasses (in reality, it wasn't [I]that[/I] bright, but to him, any light was too much. Sardik had told him he'd know who it was when he saw her. He didn't see anyone special at the moment.

"Gothkir?"

That voice.

He turned around, and sure enough, Jiae was standing behind him, leaning on her capped staff (which he remembered, not too fondly, the feel of it in the back of his skull). He could have sworn his heart had not only existed, but had ripped out of his very chest and kept on beating there in front of him.

"Um... uh... I'm supposed... to bring you... back to... my place to meet with Sardik."

Those last words came out almost too fast for comprehension.

He could just [I]see[/I] Sardik laughing back at home.

[I]I'm gunna kill him[/I], Gothkir thought to himself.

Jiae nodded slowly. There was something about him she couldn't place... "Alright. Did he say why he couldn't come himself?"

Gothkir shook his head. "No..." Jiae shrugged. "Ah, well. Thats his own fault isn't it?" She asked jokingly, dropping into a scottish accent. She went normal. "Well, then, I guess we should get going." SHe waited, then followed him as he started off.

The Waska could see his nervousness. [i]What is he so tense about... Does he think I'd hurt him... Hell, Kit, you did once, rememeber? THat would make sense. Very logical, in fact.[/i]

OOC: Okay, last time I posted, I thought I had transported Jiae to the other side of the city, but I suppose that could have just been any alley-dwelling female Waska assassin propping herself up on a metal-capped staff with a sleeping Lyc next to her. Not that I'm bitter. I'll go with how things are unfolding.

IC: Time was running out for Ta'a Chuun. [I]I need to find the creatures that started this disturbance, and fast,[/I] he thought. [I]Hmmm.... If I was an assassin, and I had just killed a bunch of guards, presumably getting injured in the process, where would I be now? Hmmmm.... A pub, of course![/I]

The pub's door slammed open. The barkeep was quite surprised at seeing a red-clad Kiros at the doorway, but in a barkeep kind of way, so it didn't show. Chuun strode over and slipped him a few credits. "Were there any seedy-looking types in here just now?" The barkeep encompassed the entire pub with a wave of his arm. "Take your pick." Chuun, slightly annoyed, slipped him a few hundred credits. "Any assassin types, some Waskas, perhaps?" The barkeep peripherally eyed the hefty some on the bar. "Well, a small Waska, a girl, came in here a while ago and got pretty drunk. Then a little bit after that, another Waska, a guy, dressed in black and with a few crossbow bolts in his arm, came in, sat next to her and asked if she was old enough to be in here. She knocked him clean out with a punch to the face. I reckon she's an angry drunk. Then she dragged him off somewhere, just where I'm afraid I cannot tell." Chuun slipped him a few thousand credits. The barkeep's eyes widened considerably. "She was mumbling something like, 'G*dd*mmit, now I have to drag this big lunk all the way to the center of the city.' I hope that helps you, partner." "It helps indeed. Thank you for your... cooperation."

The Waska girl followed closely behind Gothkir, humming a tuneless melody. He slowed a bit so that and she fell in place beside him. He put his hands in his pockets, and his head hung slightly down. His shoulder-length black hair partially covered his face. He had been thinking about how Sardik had seemed so preoccupied earlier... Lost in thought... But at the moment, Jiae filled most of his mind. [I] Come to think of it[/I], he thought to himself, [I]she has so for the entire day[/I].

Even as the emotions and thoughts raged and twisted within Gothkir's heart and mind, the Waska girl seemed so carefree... so happy with herself...'

But then again, the word "seemed" crept into this thought. She wasn't necissarily [I]unhappy[/I], but things, or people, could be decieving. Yet there was still something, under the happiness, the almost sing-song glee of the girl, crept a sadness. He saw it again when she looked at him and winked... It was there in her eyes, in the deepest recesses of what only her soul could tell. She too had lost someone. Maybe she would understand his plight.

[I]No. No-one could feel how I do...[/I]

But maybe. Just maybe. He knew now how he felt, since that moment back at his home. Love encroaching in on him again. He didn't want it, but it was there. He hated love...

[I]Lyssa walked in the front door, the light from the outside creating a halo of light around her sillouette. She waltzed in and threw her arms around him, and his lips met hers. As they kissed, he felt complete, as if he had been reborn. He felt that way every time...[/I]

But now she was gone.

And then, out of nowhere, came Jiae.

They had almost reached the house.

"Wait," he said to her when they were outside the door.

"Yes?" Her eyes questioned him. So sweet were those eyes, their golden flecks shining in the sun. He almost took off his sunglasses to take them in.

"I... um..."

[I]Sh-t! What am I doing?[/I]

[I]Well, I'd might as well start in the plaza,[/I] Ta'a Chuun thought, [I]it's right in the middle of the city.[/I] He opened the weave just outside the pub, and stepped through the portal to the plaza. Looking around, he took stock of the situation. It was mostly filled with Spherecs, going about their business, with the odd Homac, surrounded by an empty space. Nobody liked a Homac. But wait... there was a black-garbed Waska with a staff, following a Kippor! These could be the infiltraitors Chuun was looking for!

He trailed them at a distance through the plaza, until they were right outside the door of a house. The Kippor stopped at the door and said, "Wait." The Waska obliged, with a "Yes?" The Kippor stammered, "I... um..."[I]This seems like as good a time as any.[/I] Chuun drew his sabre and advanced. "I hate to break the party, kids, but I'm afraid that both of you are now under arrest in the name of the Prelate." The Waska whirled around, surprised, and the Kippor drew his weapon, some sort of kama on a chain, with a gaze of burning fury. Chuun sensed that he was in for quite a fight.

"I...um..."

[I]Sh-t, what am I doing?[/I]

He was about to tell her -

"I hate to break the party, kids, but I'm afraid that both of you are now under arrest in the name of the Prelate."

A Kiros in a billowing red cape held his sabre proudly. Though slight of build, his presence seemed to oppress them, and his voice was crisp and clear.

Gothkir drew his flail kama and began swinging it rythmically in a circular pattern. Jiae whirled around, spun her staff, rested it behind her shoulder, and assumed a staff kata stance. The Kiros seemed slightly taken aback by the two, but did not quaver.

"You're with the government, then?" Gothkir did not look happy.

"Yes," replied the Kiros. "You don't know... the half of it."

"Why are we under arrest?"

"Don't ask questions, you filthy... [I]vampire[/I]." The way he said that, [I]vampire[/I], came out like an insult. "I'm afraid you are... out of luck. The Prelate requests your... immediate presence."

Gothkir idly wondered if the man could go even a sentence without a dramatic pause.

Neither party moved for what seemed like eternity. Then the Kiros pulled a shuriken out of his robe and threw it with amazing speed. Jiae moved her head just in time, and the shuriken stuck into the wall where her face had been just moments before.

[I]That's it[/I], Gothkir thought to himself. [/I]He's gunna pay for that![/I]

Gothkir let the kama fly, swinging in a wide arc toward the noble Kiros, who deflected it with his sabre.

"Nice try, but you'll have to do.... better than that."

Gothkir and Jiae looked at each other and nodded. They both charged at the Kiros, weapons swinging and spinning. The Kiros did something strange with his hands, and a portal appeared in front of the two. There was no time to stop, and both went hurling into the vortex of energy.

Gothkir came to to see Jiae sitting next to him humming to herself. He was laying on his back looking up into the sky... But the sky was green. He propped himself up on his elbows. No, it wasn't the sky that was green. There were willows taller than any he had ever seen arching over them. An ambient green light ominously eminated from everywhere yet nowhere at once.

"Nice to see that you've finally woken up!" Jiae somehow seemed to stay cheerful. She obviously didn't know where they were.

"We're in the Blackmoor." Gothkir waited for her responce.

"We're [I]WHERE[/I] ?"

Back in the town, the Kiros stood triumphantly.

[I]Well, I guess I'll have to find them later. But the Chairs will be impressed with my progress yet.[/I]

He was about to close the weave when a voice came from behind him.

"Hello, there." He turned around to see the door of the house open and a Waska male standing right in front of him.

Before the Kiros could react, the Waska pushed him into his own portal, which closed behind him.

He fell into the Blackmoor, cursing his carlessness. His weaving skills wouldn't work here in Blackmoor... Some unknown force blocked magic here.

[I]Sh-t.[/I]

From the undergrowwth, Ta'a Chuun watched the two. [I]Well this is an awkward situation,[/I] he thought. [I]I get the feeling that I might have to depend on them later on to get me out of this place, wherever we are.[/I] The Kippor stirred, and the Waska looked at him. "Nice to see that you've finally woken up!" She seemed bright and cheery, for such a dismal atmosphere. "We're in the Blackmoor," said the Kippor. [I]The Blackmoor?[/I] Chuun had heard rumors of the place, but he thought that they were just that, rumors. [I]The Blackmoor can't be a real place, can it?[/I] But here they were, and it seemed to fit all rumors' descriptions. "We're WHERE?" asked the Waska. [I]I might as well make my presence known,[/I] thought Chuun. "The Blackmoor," he said, as he stood up from the buses.

OOC: ****, I'm out of time, I'll continue this later.