OtakuBoards

Subhuman

0ber0n the Neko

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=darkred]Lucifer walker alone in the swaying white grass of the calms. He ran his finger tips over the tops of the grass and finally layed down. "Its been awhile since Ive been here....... not since I was normal". He starts to think but gets up hearing voices. He slowly walks toward the voices. Finally he sees the group and a new addition to it. He also see's the kiros that tried to arrest them in the blackmoor.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=darkred] [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=darkred]"What the hell is he doing here"[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=darkred]"Trying to aprehend us or get revenge" Gothkir said looking back at lucifer briefly[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=darkred]"Im glad you said trying. Kiros do you really want to try your odds that seem to be against you"[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=darkred]"Shut up you have no right to talk to me"[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=darkred]"Blah blah blah" Lucifer said opening up a shdow portal below the kiros.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=darkred]"What is this f-cking thing" The kiros said dissapearing into the darkness.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=darkred]"Where'd you send him?" Jiae asked[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=darkred]"The edge of the calms, he'll be back though" Lucifer said with a laugh.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=darkred][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=darkred]OOC: Sorry about the short post got to go to baseball[/color][/size][/font]

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"[I]I love you too, Gothkir.[/I]"

Ok, that was about the highlight of the past 6 years.

The group laughed as a humiliated Ta'a Chuun fell through the portal.

But Gothkir had much, much bigger issues at hand.

His stomach lurched when he saw Jiae hug Riho. They looked so... so close. He could feel the jealousy setting in already, seeping into the corners of his mind and rooting itself there. He shouldn't have felt that way, as she had sat right back down and put her head on his shoulder...

"Erm, well, uh, sorry, Jiae. I didn't think of it. I was just concerned with finding you..."

Jiae smiled. "Its alright, Riho. I promise."

[I]Sh-t[/I], he thought to himself. [I]Anyone else is bound to be better than me... I'm just a vampire... and look at him... I can't compete with him. [/I]

No. He wouldn't think that way. He loved Jiae, and that was all there was to it. She had, after all, told him she loved him.

[I]Wow.[/I]

[I]An optimistic thought.[/I]

[I]That's new.[/I]

Jiae was definitely something Gothkir needed in his life right now. Since she had started to notice his existence, back in the Blackmoor, he hadn't even thought about that gun...

Gothkir could feel the mana fields increasing around them. It was kind of refreshing, as he himself, being a dedicated Death Monk, could use some magic himself.

"So, Jiae, who is this?" He raised an eyebrow. "I see you two know each other quite well, too!" He laughed.

"Oh, shut up Riho. This is Gothkir."

He smiled wide, showing his sharp fangs.

Riho stepped back. "Oh, sh-t! I wont be messing with you!"

Gothkir seemed taken aback.

Jiae laughed. "Don't worry, Riho. He won't hurt you. He may look scary, but he's a sweetheart."

She turned to Gothkir. "Sorry 'bout that. He has a thing about vampires."

"Yeah," said Gothkir, almost jokingly. "Better get used to it. There's two of us."

Lucifer grinned at Riho, and then went back to eating.

"Great," said Riho. "Just great."

Gothkir extended his hand. Something he hadn't done in a long while. Jiae seemed to revive his confidence...

Riho took it cautiously, then, sensing it was safe, firmly grasped it. They shook hands.

"Gothkir Dessendor," he said.

OOC:Wow, didn't know I had started a trend with that "flashback" thing.:sweat:

Ta'a Chuun was pretty sure that he had never been this enraged. [I]Who do they f-cking think they are,[/I] he thought, [I]Portal Masters? I am going to f-cking KILL them! Portal Mastery is MY magic! I can't BELIEVE their nerve![/I] Screaming with rage, he formed a ring of fire that spread out 50 feet from where he stood. As the smoke cleared, he breathed a deep sigh. Now it was just the cold, calculated rage of someone with a plan.

Not a very complex one, as it turned out. [I]Am I sure glad that the magic academy required a rudimentary skill level in all branches of magic,[/I] thought Chuun from under a crude cloaking spell. [I]Let's see... all they're doing is sitting and talking. It's as if they no longer consider me a threat! I'll teach those b-stards to ignore me!!![/I]

Chuun snuck up as stealthily as he could behind some of them. It was the Kippor with the kama, talking with the Waska with the staff and a black-furred Rakka. [I]The Waska looks like the most likely target.[/I] He grabbed her wrist and twisted it behind her back, and pressed the blade of his sabre against her throat. "I suggest that no one tries anything that they would potentially regret in the future." The Kippor spun his kama in a small, fast circle. "That's the second time, Kiros! I'll f-cking kill you!" He was about to let fly when the Rakka slammed into him. "Gothkir, no! Don't try it!" The Waska was trembling. "Gothkir... you don't want to lose me too, do you?" Gothkir hung his head, crying. He suddenly looked up. "Mark my words, Kiros. I will kill you someday." Chuun opened a portal behind him and started to step through. "And I'm a man of my word, Kiros." Chuun hurredly stepped through, with Jiae held prisoner.

[ALIGN=Center]----------------[/ALIGN]

"So... Chuun... please... explain yourself." Ta'a Chuun was facing the sihlouettes once more. Jiae was tied up on the floor at his feet. "We allowed you to walk off with 150 of our highly trained, waluable troops, and what... do you... have... to show for it?" Chuun swallowed nervously. He had never heard the chairs angry before. "ONE PRISONER? Chuun... you are a disgrace to the prelate. However, as unwise may be... we will give to you... one chance to prove yourself." Chuun was shocked. They rarely gave second chances. "You must kill- not capture- kill... the ones you were originally sent to... apprehend, within the span of two days. If you die in the attempt... it will be better for you than if you fail. Certainly less... painful. And don't try to run. There's nothing we like less than... a coward." Chuun didn't speak. He wasn't sure if he could keep his voice steady if he tried. As he was leaving, a chair stopped him. "Oh and by the way, Chuun, tomorrow, at noon, we will hold the... execution... of your prisoner."

[ALIGN=Center]----------------[/ALIGN]

The next day, Chuun was watching the excecution from his balcony. It was to be death by firing squad. Everything was proceeding with plan. At 11:59, the walls to the courtyard exploded.

The group was waiting outside the prelate execution yards.

"Riho!" Riku yelled.

"Yessir?" Riho replied cautiously.

"Blast the f-cking wall down."

"Yessir!"

There was a large explosion and the wall was all but gone.

There was Chuun, and there was Jiae.

Four kunai penetrated the area, while all the firing squad members held their guns to the source. Four were killed in the process.

As the firing squad recieved the order to fire at the group, they noticed the inefficiency of their methods of execution.

*click click click* There was a deep and empty silence, penetrated only by the sounds of groans and more frustrated clicks.

Only one man had the bullets to fire.

The group rushed in as planned. Gothkir ran to retrieve Jiae, while Riho and Chibi fended off against the full brunt of the attackers. Riku and Lucifer and Austris would be the ranged attackers.

It was a brilliant plan, formulated by Lucifer. Chibi and Riho would bodyguard Gothkir as he ran to Jiae, split off and kill anyone standing in their way. Lucifer and Austris would protect them with enchantments, and Riku would use his stealth to get as many cheap-shots as possible.

The only problem was Chuun.

Chuun lobbed spell after spell at Riho and Chibi, while often distracting his blows to get Gothkir away from Jiae.

[I]Wait![/I] Riku thought. He pulled out his sword and just as Chuun lobbed the final blow at Gothkir, it disappeared. The blade was glowing now.

"Goodbye, b-stard." said Riku.

OOC: Yay Minkus! Another Tool fan! Sorry, I had to say that. They're the best.

IC:

The entire group was afraid to even speak to Gothkir he was so angry. None of them had ever seen him that way before.

"Geez," said Riho. "Is he [I]always[/I] like this?"

"No," replied Chibi. "Actually, he almost never shows emotion. I always got the feeling there was something... wrong with him. But there was that one time he shot himself..."

"[I]What?[/I] He [I]shot[/I] himself?" Riho looked shocked.

"Yeah. Almost blew his own head off. It was all we could do to keep him from dying. Jiae kept him alive, though."

"Sh-t. Poor guy..."

"Yeah."

"By the way... He and Jiae seem a little... close."

"None of us [I]really[/I] know what the hell is going on between those two."

OOC: Bell rang, got to go. I'll finish later.

hey, guess what? It's a...[center][size=3]*FLASHBACK*[/size][/center]

[I]"Riku is my name. It's vey nice to have met you!" Riku said. He was looking at none other than Marra Townsend, prized daughter of General Aruka Townsend.

She looked down at her feet. "Pleasure to meet you too!" She said, not looking up.

Riku looked critically at the girl, then laughed. "Townsend really has taught you well! Don't worry, I won't mind if you talk to me to my face." He said. "Actually, I'd prefer it, considering you have such a beautiful one! How old are you?"

"I'm 19 tommorrow, sir!" She looked up cautiously.

Riku was shocked. She didn't look more than 15. "Well, that's wonderful. What brings you here?" It was then that it hit Riku.[/I] Townsend... THAT'S why you wanted me to wait here...[I]

"My father told me to come and meet you here..." She suddenly looked very embarassed.

"Yeah... Figures... Well, would you like to stay for awhile? I would surely enjoy your company..." He sat down, finding a place that overlooked the entire basin.

She sat beside him, but kept looking warily at him, as though she had never seen something like him before. "So, Riku... are you married?"

Riku reddened. "No... why?" Riku remembered all the times Townsend asked him to marry Marra.

She went back to looking at her feet. "Well, I don't know... I felt like asking..."

Riku kept nodding. He realised that he was staring. He felt like he should say nothing, just so that he didn't screw up and say something dumb...

"So... nice day, isn't it?" She asked, her embarassment fading.

"Yeah..." Riku felt like he wnted to put his arm over her shoulder, but then decided to discard that thought. He stood up. "I should be going back to my post... My men need me, after all."

She stood up with him. When he began to leave, she grabbed his hand. "Don't leave..." she began, but he had already stopped walking. She noticed that she was holding a commander's hand, then let go of it in shame. She looked down and blushed furiously.

Her hand was taken again. Riku came very near Marra.

"You're just as beautiful as your father always told me. It would be my pleasure to marry you..." He stopped. "I mean..."

She looked at him, somewhat frightened. She ran off, leaving Riku all by himself in the Calms.[/I]

[size=3]END FLASHBACK[/size]

Riku came to, and saw that Chuun was gone. Riku looked around, and saw his dead body. He had a kama enlodged in his skull. Gothkir looked furious. The gunmen and the extra guards were all dead. Nobody was seriously injured...except Jiae.

She lay in Gothkir's arms, she didn't look conscious. She was breathing, but just barely. And Gothkir was just standing there, looking angry, carrying Jiae in his arms. Almost... Cradling her... Riku noticed that she was bleeding badly.

He searched around and found his sword. It was still glowing, but it was glowing green... a very strange green. He looked at it, and it occured to him. [I]Chuun... he was using healing... and my sword got it![/I]

He ran up and stabbed her in the area of where she was bleeding. Her eyes opened abruptly, and she shrieked in pain.

The glowing stayed in the sword. [I]Oh! I have to use the beam![/I] he remembered.

The beam shot out and into her, and she stopped shrieking, and started to calm down. She looked like she had finally healed, and her wound patched over quickly.

Riku turned around in time to see Chibi coming up behind him. She looked shocked. "Did you... flash back just now?"

Jiae screamed, and her eyes flew open. She felt Gothkirs arms holding her, and then the stab of pain in her abdomen. She saw a green beam shoot at her, and then.. the pain stopped. She watched in awe as he wound healed. She looked up at Gothkir's face, which was furious - he wasn't even looking at her. [i]Gothkir?[/i] She touched his mind gently.

[i]Huh? Oh! Jiae![/i] He looked down at her, seeming to calm down somewhat. Jiae blushed when she realized he was carrying her. SHe looked down. Somehow, she had managed to fix her clothing situation. She was wearing almost exactly what she had been wearing before: minus the vest, and the hisrt was a sleeveless turtle neck. She looked at her clothing, where it had been torn becuase of her wund, and palced a hand on it. It mened quickly.

Jiae looked up to Gothkir. His eyes were mad. [i]Gothkir? Are you alright?[/i]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Feeling more than a little shocked, Chibi came up behind Riku. "Did you... flash back just now?"
"Yeah, I did." Riku stood up and stretched slowly. The expression on his face made her look down at the ground, not meeting his eyes. [i]Why am I not looking at him? I did before...[/i]
His voice came, his words making her jump a little. "Someone really has taught you well."

Chibi looked up at him, defying everything her mind was telling her. Five seconds was the longest she could last looking him in the eye, and she turned her gaze to Jiae and Gothkir. "Thank goodness they're okay."

"Marra?" Chibi looked up at Riku. "That's me. I'm Marra Townsend." She smiled a little shyly and moved closer to him, closing her hand around his. Together they walked over to check on Jiae and Gothkir.[/FONT]

The courtyard walls exploded. Through the smoke and dust, Ta'a Chuun could see figures. It cleared, and he saw the troublemakers! [I]This is my chance to prove myself to the Prelate![/I] The executioners were being cut down, the only one with the bullet killed by a kunai. [I]Curse those cost-cutting measures! If they all had bullets, we'd have more of a chance! Good thing there are other guards...[/I] Although as Chuun was thinking, they were dying as well. Suddenly, a Waska appeared right in front of him. Chuun jumped back and drew his sabre. The Waska lifted the point of his sword so that it pointed directly at him. [I]Sh-t![/I] Suddenly the Waska's eyes blanked out, and the point lowered. [I]Now's my chance,[/I] thought Chuun. He leapt towards the Waska, and was about to strike when he heard the [I]thunk![/I] of a kama lodging itself into his skull. He stopped, and felt blood trickle down his forehead. [I]No... no... it wasn't supposed to end like this... I've... I've failed the Prelate...[/I] Chuun fell over backwards, and died.

OOC: LOL actually, Minkus, Gothkir [I]was[/I] the one who killed you. It says [I]kama,[/I] not [I]kunai[/I] ("... he had a kama enloged in his skull." Original post by 0ber0n the Neko). LOL. Actually, I wrote a post that had this battle between Chuun and Gothkir, but the computer crashed right as I was clicking the "Send Reply" button. It made me mad. I'll rewrite that post as best as possible.

IC:

Gothkir ran as fast as he could through the battle (of which he was paying no attention to whatsoever). He swung his flail kama this way and that, killing every guard that got in the way of his rage.

His target was in sight now.

[I]That pompous bastard! How dare he even TOUCH her?[/I]

"Chuun!" Gothkir's cry was loud even against the backdrop of the battlers.

The red-garbed Kiros whirled around. "Ah, well if it isn't my favorite vampire. I trust you've been doing... well?"

"Cut the bullsh-t, Chuun. I'm going to finish this once and for all."

"You, kill me? We'll see about that!"

The Chuun drew his rapier and began attacking Gothkir fluidly. The Kippor was bleeding in multiple areas within minutes, and Chuun kept stabbing and slashing.

"Well, vampire! Seems as if your... time is up."

"We'll... see... about... that!"

Gothkir threw a bolt of shadow at the unsuspecting Kiros' chest. He was sent flying and landed on the ground.

"You... know... magic?" This time, the pauses weren't for effect.

"A little. But now, you'll NEVER touch Jiae AGAIN!"

The Kiros swore in his native language as a kama came sweeping down. It plunged deep into his forehead, spraying blood onto Gothkir like a fountain.

Gothkir didn't even watch the blood pool around Chuun's head. He ran straight over to where Jiae was laying uncouncious. He checked her pulse. Still alive.

[I]Thank the Gods.[/I]

He cradled her in his arms. She was all he saw... The battle had ended with him killing Chuun, but he hadn't noticed. He stared at the sky, furious at Chuun, furious at himself, furious that he couldn't have stopped Chuun from taking the only thing he cared about away... But he had her back.

[I]Gothkir?[/I]

The words gently cascaded over his mind.

[I]What? Wh- Jiae![/I]

He looked down. Her eyes were open now, and she looked into his. He could see his face reflected in the green of her irises. They looked at each other for a while like that, and kissed.

Chibi and Riku had been watching, which neither of the two had noticed. Chibi laughed and Riku began clapping.

Gothkir turned around, embarassed. "Oh, shut up you two!" So now the secret was out.

"Oh, it's cool Gothkir!" Sardik laughed. "A Waska and a vampire - now [I]that's[/I] and odd couple if I've ever heard of one!"

Jiae kissed him again, as if to show that she didn't care.

And she didn't. SHe wrapped her amrs firmly around his neck, and kissed him again, barely stopping to breath. When she finally drew her lisp back from his, her eyes were glittering with something she hadn't felt in years - love. Gothkir blinked for a second, startled. Then he smiled, and held her closer.

The Waska girl held him like there was no tomorrow, and she had warm tears running down her cheeks. She smiled. [i]Lets go somewhere.[/i] Without waiting for an answer, she teleported them... elswhere. He was startled, but instantley adjusted by kissing her again.

Jiae fell - into his arms, into his eyes, into his heart. Her's was beating fast, like the wings of a humming bird. She kissed him again, and he fell backwards into the tall, white grass. She drew back, laughing. "YOu-look-funny!" Indeed he did. He was covered in blood, and dirt, and grass. She brushed some of it off his cheek, and layed down on top of him. She felt his arms encirle her, and she sighed.

[i]Thank you, Gothkir.

Do you know how mad I was when he stole you?

No. Tell me about it.[/i]

Gothkir laughed at this. He felt so happy, so complete. He and Jiae were the only things that existed to him... Her lips were his salvation, her eyes the very home of his revived soul. They kissed again, more and more, intertwined in an eternal lock of love and compassion. They understood each other now... They knew where they both belonged: In each other's arms.

Jiae slowly drew her head back, drawing her tounge from his mouth and her lips from his.

"Thanks for everything," he said. She laid down on top of him and kissed him gently. He closed his arms around her and held her close.

"I'm the one that should be thanking you." She propped her head up so she could look at his face.

"Look, about me and Riho. He and I aren't... When we hugged, you looked--"

He put his finger to her lips.

"Don't worry about it. I just get that way, ya know? You are all I have to live for, and at the time it seemed possible that he could take you away from me."

She laid her head back down upon his chest and heaved a sigh of relief.

Gothkir laughed gently.

"What," said Jiae, looking at him again.

"Do you know how mad I was when he took you?"

"No," she said, giggling. "Tell me about it."

He told her the story of what had happened, how he had killed Chuun... And how "f-cking pissed" he was. That made her laugh. They kissed again, for a long time. Then they heard the voices of the group. They sat up, Jiae in Gothkir's lap. He wrapped his arms around her waist and awaited the coming of thier companions, who, as it seemed, were singing an ancient drinking song together.

Jiae laughed. "They'll never change, will they?"

Gothkir smiled and looked up at the stars that had begun to emerge in the darkening sky. "I sure hope not, Jiae. I sure hope not."

"I have to go out to get some help. We'll need as much as we can get to overtake the Prelate." Riku said. He wandered off, taking Marra with him.

As Riku was walking, Chibi looked back, and pointed from where they had come.

Riku looked up and saw vaguely a homak's figure on the wall. The homak simply watched them, as if it was some sort of game for him.

Riku locked eyes with the man, noticing something very eerily familiar. One of the man's eyes was red. It was the kind of sickening red that made a man's blood turn cold. The color of fire, creating a wintry chill in your body.

"What business do you have here, homak?" Riku yelled, not taking his eyes off of him.

The homak merely stared back. An answer seemed to come.[B][FONT=Book Antiqua] I am here to see my opposition. You seem...adequate.[/FONT][/B]

"Come down and fight us then, if you feel like we're no challenge for you!"

The laugh of the homak was absolutely sickening. It felt like your bones were grinding inside your skin. "You truly wish for me to fight you, puny waska?" The homak laughed again, making Riku feel sick.

The homak put his hand in the air. The hand seemed to break through reality, through the sky, making a very odd vibe come over the couple. A distortionary wave came soaring through the air, causing both Riku and Marra to be flung backward.

Jiae relaxed, sighing contenedly. "Gothkir? Can I ask you something?" He looked down at her, red eyes surprised. "Of course." She looked up at the sky, and the light breeze ruffled her hair about her face. "Why didn't you kill yurself when she died?" She felt Gothkir stiffen.

She turned to look at him, green eyes searching his face. "If it helps, I could tell you why I am still alive." Gothkir wouldn't meet her gaze. "Its like this: when D- he died, I felt like my whole world was gone. But I had something to live for. At the time I thought it was my sister. Devi was 10 years old, and a bright child. On her 13th birthday, I took her out to dinner - and she was killed that night, in her sleep.

I thought I would never be the same. She was gone, he was gone, my parents were long dead. I had nothing. But something stopped me. I could learn to love again. I could learn to protect. And I did so." She looked at the ground, playing with the soft tuft of her tail. Jiae was silent.

[font=arial][b]Feh. You're not even worth my time, now. I'll be back when I think you're ready to fight...[/b][/font] The Homak said, mockingy.

That was the last thing Riku heard before he slipped into unconsciousness.

[i]Riku...[/i]

[i]What?[/i]

[i]We need to get stronger... That Homak definetely needs what's comig to him. We'll just have to train here for awhile.[/i]

[i]Is this me?[/i]

[i]Yes, I am you. You must realise your power. You can bring me out at any time... you just refuse. I don't know why you always refuse to release me. It is becoming... bothersome.

What do you mean, [/i]release[i]you?

You still don't get it. I am you, but somebody different. An alternate you, if you will. The one who is still Sardik. I am who you have been for the last few years... ever since you lost your memory.

What? You're a person? I thought... Wait... I can get out of here, right?

Not until I let you. You need to train. I can help you. Become stronger through me!

I don't get it...

We both exist in the same body, thus we both can control us as well as the other. But what you need to do is [i]combine[/i] our strengths. You can become just as strong as you used to be, and as fast and agile as I am. All you need to do is create some way for us to become one.

Ummm... Wait. If you are a part of my soul... then can I just...

Just what?

Nothing. Let me out. I have a plan.

Fine.[/i]

Sardik awoke to see Marra at his bedside, crying.

"What's up, Marra?"

Her eyes opened wide, and she sprung forward and embraced him.

"Thank the Gods you're okay!" She held him as though he would be gone at any second.

"Marra..."

She lifted her head up, to meet his eyes, but then looked down again. Riku noticed, and picked up her hand. "You don't need to worry. You can look me in the eye. I don't mind."

She looked into his eyes, and stared into them for a long time. They both remained silent.

"Do you still..." She started. She looked away for a moment.

"Yeah. I do." Riku said. He took her other hand.

Her face came closer to his. They met eyes again. Riku sat up, and pulled Marra closer.

There they sat, frozen in a loving embrace. It took awhile for them to pull away. Marra once again met eyes with Riku. "You have very pretty eyes, you know that?" She said.

"Nah, I think yours are much more beautiful." Riku smiled and moved his face closer to Marra's.

"I've been waiting to do this for some time." Riku said. He kissed her, and ran his fingers through her hair.

They seperated. "So, should we warn the others, Riku?" Marra suggested.

"Why not. Alright, let's go."

And they ran to the camp.