OtakuBoards

Which three CDs can't you live with out?

ChibiHorsewoman

[quote name='Muse'][COLOR=blue][SIZE=1]

[B] The Beatles One Album:[/B]

Its a great CD to have. From the first number one hit by one of the greatest bands ever to the very last. My very first Beatles CD, the start of a revolution for me, really, considering the Beatles are my favorite band now. It suprises alot of adults that I don't listen to "Rap Crap" like almost every single kid in my school.

[B]The Beatles Magical Mystery Tour:[/B]

One of my all time favorite songs is on this album, "I am The Walrus," one of the wierdest Beatle songs ever. The whole album is pretty psycho, but its got some famous songs on it, like "Penny Lane," "Hello Goodbye," and "Strawberry Fields Forever."

[B] The Best of John Lennon:[/B]

John Lennon was the leader of The Beatles, and he was my favorite soloist that came after The Beatles. All together Paul McCartney was and is my favorite Beatle and is my hero, but John Lennon had a much better solo career than Paul did. He's made songs like "Imagine" that everyone has hopefully heard before.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

My best friend loves The Beatles and got me hooked on them...I have a feeling you two would get along.:animesmil

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']No, I'm a Cellist, not a pianist. I'm familiar with his works since I am a music major and I've heard quite a bit of it, which is why I called your statement ignorant. You said all of his left hand stuff was the same which isn't true.[/quote]
[color=#9933ff]...It is. On the piano, it's mostly the same four notes for a song. And I know that because I've played it. Since you haven't because you're not a pianist, how can YOU say "No, it's not."?[/color]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Whether or not you like his stuff is merely a matter of opinion and personal preference. It certainly doesn't bother me if you don't care for Mozart. lol I'll still argue that he doesn't suck, even if you don't like him though. ;)

After all, I personally can't stand country, but that doesn't make it bad now does it? You just don't care for it. So what? There's no reason to tell someone a composer they like bites. That's just silly and kind of rude really.

There's a lot of music I don't care for and I don't expect others to like the same stuff I do. But I don't see the point in telling you that stuff you enjoy sucks because I may not like it.

Anyway, that's all I'm saying, if you don't like it fine. Just don't go making declarations as to why you think it sucks when you don't really know if what you said is true or not. lol[/QUOTE]
[color=#9933ff]I think you need to not take this as seriously; I've had quite a few people tell me that Chopin totally sucks and they can't stand him. I was surprised at first, but then I moved on.

I apologize if I offended you unintentionally - that was not my intention at all. But I won't back down from my opinion that he sucks. *shrug*[/color]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][b]Within Temptation- The Silent Force[/b][/color][/QUOTE][size=1][i][color=red]That[/color] [spoiler][color=white]is so[/color][/spoiler] [color=blue]Dutch[/color][/i]. I prefer their work before this album, though. Mother Earth was neat beans as in that the vocals impressed many people through all generations pretty much.

Ahem, anyway. The first real album I would hate to miss would be [b]Innuendo[/b] by [b]Queen[/b]. It has my two most favourite songs ever on it, namely [i]Innuendo[/i] and more importantly [i]The Show Must Go On[/i]. Especially the latter means a lot to me. For the rest, I would hate to miss [i]I'm Going Slightly Mad[/i] and [i]Don't Try So Hard[/i], especially.

Don't know about anything else for certain though. I think I would have to go for [b]Franz Ferdinand[/b]'s self-named album and [b]Wir Sind Helden[/b]'s [b]Von Hier An Blind[/b]. Or maybe instead of the latter I'd choose for the Lion King soundtrack or maybe... I don't know. Let's just keep it at [b]Innuendo[/b] to avoid ripping myself apart.[/size]

[quote name='Boo'][size=1][i][color=red]That[/color] [spoiler][color=white]is so[/color][/spoiler] [color=blue]Dutch[/color][/i]. I prefer their work before this album, though. Mother Earth was neat beans as in that the vocals impressed many people through all generations pretty much.[/size][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]Ehj it's not really my fault entirely. My boyfriend bought me that CD for my birthday because I'd fallen in love with Pale and Angels. I'll try to get some of the older ones for Christmas.[/color]

Three Albums I couldn't live without.. Hrm.

1st: Timeless - UVERworld

By far my favorite album by any band - ever. It shows an incredible range of modern music styles, performing top notch in each of the genres it explores. UVERworld is truly a band worthy of being called musicians in a time where many 'musicians' aren't.

2nd: Axis: Bold as Love - Jimi Hendrix

This one is pretty self explanatory. Anyone who has heard Hendrix, particularly songs like "One Rainy Wish", "Castles Made of Sand", and "Bold As Love" knows why this album is one that I just can't be without.

3rd: Hall of the Mountain King - Savatage

My introduction to metal began with Savatage, and still to this day.. there is nothing more 'metal' than Jon and Criss Oliva together. If you've no idea what I'm talking about, get a hold of this album.. and take a listen to "Beyond the Doors of the Dark" or Devastation. Either one will give it away quickly.