OtakuBoards

Which three CDs can't you live with out?

ChibiHorsewoman

[color=darkviolet]Which three CDs can't you live without at this moment and why do you love them so much? Remember this is just a person's music opinion we aren't going to try to dissect someone's personality by their musical choices.

My three Choices at this particular Moment are:

[b]1. Lee Ann Womack Greatest Hits[/b]

You really can't beat a greatest hits album and Lee Ann Womack is one of my favorite country singers. She has a great voice and her songs are some of my favorite ranging from classic sounding country to modern country. Besides you can sing to most of the songs and that's something I liek to do.

[b]2. Chicago Soundtrack (motion picture) [/b]

It's one of the few CDs that my mom and I can agree on listening to on long trips. All that Jazz is a very up beat song and Cell Block Tnago is angsty and upbeat. I especially liked the lines in the song [i]some men just can't hold their arsenic I fired two warning shots into his head, and he ran into my knife..he ran into my knife 10 times[/i][ classic. They remind me of that line Anthony Hopkins had in Silence of the Lambs-I'd like his liver, with a glass of Chianti. Maybe it's just because I'm a sick person. Who knows.

[b]3. My mixed CD[/b]

This CD has a mixture of songs from all over my musical tastes from Les Misrables to the Ataris to Dixie Chicks singing Landslide with Stevie Nicks. I'm a very diverse person and this mixed CD I made proves how out there and undefinable I am

So, anyone else?[/color]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]The three CDs i cannot live without:

[b]3. [i]Pokemon 2000: The Power of One[/i] soundtrack[/b]. Got it as a birthday present, and it has some beautiful music, especially track 7 ([i]Flying Without Wings[/i], the Westlife version) and track 1 ([i]The Power of One[/i], Donna Summer).

Tied for second place: [b]2. Dennis Leary: [i]No Cure for Cancer/Lock n Load[/i][/b] and [b][i]The Eminem Show[/i][/b]. Dennis is a recent addition to my collection, thanks to a good friend, and his acerbic humor is sometimes the only thing that can make me smile. Em has been in my collection since the CD first came out, and certain songs always make me think ([i]When The Music Stops, Sing For The Moment[/i]). he has a style that no one could ever copy.

[b]1. [i]Fear[/i] - Toad the Wet Sprocket[/b]. Birthday present from my pal Palmer, and it's one of the coolest CDs i've ever gotten. i think the best songs are the sadder ones ([i]Before You Were Born, Something to Say, Pray Your Gods[/i])... and [i]All I Want[/i] will always be a favorite.[/FONT]

There cd i cant live with out are:

Slayer Regien In Blood. Man if i didnt have this cd i would proable be ripping my hair out cause it such a fast album and great to head bang to. It was in my opion the greatest thrash metal album of all time.

Slipknot. This was their first album which really blew up of theirs ( after the Mate Feed Kill Repeat) and the first metal album i eva owned. The 9 masked boys from iowa gave me a key to open the gate of the music which changed my life. Also the album it self is just amazing with mick and jims trashing guitars and corey meldic voices is just awsome.

And Joint 3rd Metallicas Master of Puppets and Iron Maidens The Number of the beast. Both albums in my opion are legandary with madien it was their first album with bruce and one i will be buried with one day. And the lyrics in the master of puppets is just peotry and the riffs and solos are amazing. Kirk is a guitar god.

[quote name='Balinese]and [i]All I Want[/i'] will always be a favorite.[/quote]

I remember that song. Pretty good stuff.

My three CDs:
L'Arc~en~Ciel - Tierra
L'Arc~en~Ciel - heavenly
L'Arc~en~Ciel - True

Pretty self-explanatory. My picks show just how predictable and lame I am.

[color=crimson][size=1]I have so many CDs that I absolutely enjoy listening to, but just off of the top of my head I CAN think of three CDs that I always carry with me when traveling.

1. [b]A Perfect Circle,[/b] [i]Mer de Noms.[/i] This is my absolute favorite CD. I acquired it from my friend Anna back in the day. See, it's such a long and complicated story, but every single song on the CD has so much sentimental value for me, especially "3 Libras," which is my favorite song of all time. Anna originally got the CD from Ryan, who thought that she just HAD to hear it, and eventually she just gave it to me because I borrowed it so much. I borrowed it because I loved the music and because I was infatuated with Ryan. Anytime he went on one of those stupid trips where I couldn't talk to him for a week or more, that's what I would fall asleep listening to. Now, if I hear the CD and we're together, I just want to make out. ^_^;

2. [b]Stone Temple Pilots[/b], [i]Purple[/i]. I have four STP CDs, but this is one is my favorite. It has "Interstate Love Song," "Vasoline," and "The Big Empty" on it. I've always loved those songs when I was growing up, and of course, there is a lot of sentimental attachment to them, but for various reasons. I absolutely love Scott Weiland; he has such an amazing voice. This album I acquired from Ryan, who let me borrow it a long time ago because I would always want to listen to it while we were riding in the car. This is before I starting "borrowing" his things. Now that CD is as good as mine because he's never getting it back.

3. [b]Soundgarden[/b], [i]A-Sides[/i]. This album contains all of my favorite Soundgarden songs. Now, don't get me wrong, [i]Superunknown[/i] was a spectacular album, but my favorite Soundgarden songs all on one CD? It couldn't get any better than that. When I was a kid, I used to be obsessed with all of their songs, especially "Pretty Noose." I just remember walking around my Nanna's house out in the yard with my walkman, waiting for Q106 to play that song. Now I can hear it anytime I want. ^_^

Yeah, my musical tastes all fall pretty much in the same time-frame (mostly early 90s rock), but what can I say? I'm a sentimental kind of girl. Music attaches itself to all events in life and I wouldn't want it any other way. ^_^[/color][/size]

The three cds i couldn't live without are;

Evanescence-fallen - it is just a relaxing cd.

C.K.Y-Infiltrate destroy rebuild - i love these guys, they r really good.

various anime songs - i love my anime theme songs dunno why but i do!

David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy STardust and the Spiders From Mars

As far as I am concerned, this is the best single LP ever recorded. There's a song for every mood on it, I'd say. Beautiful writing, great guitar work, everything sounds perfect.

There's songs on there that are really uplifting in a sense. Songs that make you want to be a rock and roll staryourself. It's my favorite aspect of the album.

Pixies - Trompe Le Monde

This is my favorite Pixies release. Most critics and fans prefer Doolittle or Sufer Rosa, but I love Trome Le Monde. So many great fast paced songs with wonderfully explosive choruses. Good at getting you going.

Apocalypse Hoboken - House of the Rising Son of a *****

My favorite punk band. I think this is my favorite CD of theirs. Some great songs with some decent aggression levels heh.

[font=Verdana][size=2]1. [b]Metallica[/b]- Metallica (Black Album).[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]I reckon this is the best album Metallica has ever brought out. Love the music.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]2. [b]Staind[/b]- Break The Cycle[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]What can I say? I love Staind. Especially this album by Staind, has some damn good songs.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]3. [b]Marilyn Manson[/b]- Mechanical Animals [b]and[/b] [b]also [/b]The Golden Age Of Grotesque.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]I've always liked his music ever since I first heard of him.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]...and then there's always the thousands of burnt mixed CDs I have lying around my room.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Fall][font=Verdana][size=2]]3. [b]Marilyn Manson[/b]- Mechanical Animals [b]and[/b] [b]also [/b]The Golden Age Of Grotesque.[/size'][/font][/quote]

To me, those are Marilyn Manson's two weakest albums. If I was going to put something of his on my list (and I'm not) it'd probably be Anarchist Superstar. Not sure how that's relevant but, whatever.

1. [b]Nirvana[/b] - Nirvana (The Collection). Anyone who's ever talked to me for ten seconds probably saw that coming. That CD was literally the only thing in my CD player for about a year. It's easily my favorite album of all time. To me it just never get's old.

2. [b]Probot[/b] - Probot. Only if I were to get strandeed right now would I pick that. Jus tbecause I've only had it for a few weeks and I have not got to listen to much of it.

3. [b]The Killing Joke[/b] - The Killing Joke. Everyone should check this out now. They are so great but only .001% of the people I know have heard of them.

EDIT - If we could have a mix CD on the other hand. I'd probably throw some Tool, Audioslave, and The Tea Party on a disc. What a CD that would be. :D

[color=green][size=1]

Well, I don't own many CD's, but I wouldn't be able to appreciate music much if it weren't for the following:

[B]Jay-Z/The Black Album:[/B]

The first album I bought of Jay-Z's is ironically the last he would make. I love every track on that entire CD. "Justify My Thug" and "Public Service Announcment" are some of my favorite tracks off of the album that I love.

[B]Tony Hawks Underground Soundtrack:[/B]

The soundtrack of THUG really made me realize and appreciate underground punk and hip hop music. I found that I enjoy the underground people on there more than I do most other musicians. My favorite tracks on there are "Blah Blah" by Frog One, "Braggin' Writes Revistited" by J-Live, "Cosmic Assassin's" by DJ Q*Bert, and several other tracks.

[B]Outkast/Stankonia:[/B]

Although I don't own the album, I'm very familiar with its tracks and it made me an Outkast fan single handedly. "Sorry Ms. Jackson", "B.O.B", and "The Whole World" are some of my favorite songs to this day.

Another attribution to my love of music goes to the independent film, [B]"Scratch"[/B]. Which turned me into a complete DJ freak. It show cased several excellent DJ's, including my current favorites, the "Invisbl Skratch Piklz". Aswell, my uncle introduced me to DJ Spooky's (That Subliminal Kid) "Modern Mantra", which is also one of my favorite albums even though I only listened to it once![/color][/size]

[COLOR=blue][SIZE=1]

[B] The Beatles One Album:[/B]

Its a great CD to have. From the first number one hit by one of the greatest bands ever to the very last. My very first Beatles CD, the start of a revolution for me, really, considering the Beatles are my favorite band now. It suprises alot of adults that I don't listen to "Rap Crap" like almost every single kid in my school.

[B]The Beatles Magical Mystery Tour:[/B]

One of my all time favorite songs is on this album, "I am The Walrus," one of the wierdest Beatle songs ever. The whole album is pretty psycho, but its got some famous songs on it, like "Penny Lane," "Hello Goodbye," and "Strawberry Fields Forever."

[B] The Best of John Lennon:[/B]

John Lennon was the leader of The Beatles, and he was my favorite soloist that came after The Beatles. All together Paul McCartney was and is my favorite Beatle and is my hero, but John Lennon had a much better solo career than Paul did. He's made songs like "Imagine" that everyone has hopefully heard before.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I don't have many CDs, myself, but whatever, heh. These three are in order of how much I enjoy the bands overall.

1. Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine: Regrettably, I only own this and The Downward Sprial (though, I've heard a ton of songs off the other albums). I consider Pretty Hate Machine to be better, song for song, than The Downward Spiral. The whole disc does a great job of immersing you in the music, which I feel is what Nine Inch Nails excels at. This is pretty much what I use to get more people into Nine Inch Nails, since it seems to be their most accessible work lol.

2. Sonic Youth - Washing Machine: Just a freaking brilliant album all around, in my opinion, and it's easily Sonic Youth's greatest work. It takes the greatest elements that made their early work (Daydream Nation comes to mind, especially) so memorable and gives it a real shot in the arm. Damn near perfection...the album peaks at the end with The Diamond Sea, which is just an incredible song. I love it to death, heh.

3. Pixies - Trompe Le Monde: I really have to thank Tony for getting me this, because it's such a fun album to listen to. I don't really understand how in the hell so many people can bash this...it's really damn good (better than Doolittle, too). Like Tony said, there are some great fast-paced songs and explosive choruses...but my favorite song on the album is a relatively slower song, Motorway to Roswell. I'd be hard-pressed to pick my favorite song of all time, but Motorway to Roswell would definitely be way up there.

[I][COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]I only own 4 CD's the rest i had to sell for shoes... for my cat. I did keep my faves though

MUSE showbiz - This is such a cool album I can listen to all the songs, which is a good thing. Normally I have to skip a few on other albums, annoying as it requires movement. Never boring!!!! Unintended is the best love song (next to the Dammed love song)

BEATLES abbey road - It's best writing ever. Long live Lennon (an to a lesser extent paul). Enough said they are the second coming.

MONKEY KNIFE FIGHT - My 6th form band are very good and have a really cool album. Covers and orginals very good for some impromptu moshing in the bedroom.[/FONT][/COLOR][/I]

[SIZE=1]Oh jeeze, only three? Well, as of this moment...

[B]3. Ok Computer - Radiohead[/B]
How could I not list this? It's amazing and I never want it out of my sight! So this is the only Radiohead CD I own, but it really got me into their music. "Electioneering" is pretty good, along with the hits "Paranoid Android" and "Karma Police". "Fitter Happier" is pretty interesting, too, not to mention "Let Down" and "The Tourist".

[B]2. Good News for People Who Love Bad News - Modest Mouse[/B]
Okay, yeah, I know. It's their newest release, but it's an awesome one. Again, this CD introduced me to MM, which I thought (at first) was some sort of joke. Seriously though, I instantly fell in love with it. Of course, "Float On" is a good song, but also "Ocean Breathes Salty", "Bukowski", "Black Cadillacs", and "One Chance". Booya.

[B]1. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - Wilco[/B]
OMG. I can't go a day without listening to this CD. It has a song for just about every emotion, which is freaking awesome. I have my friend to thank for introducing me to Wilco. I know they've been around for awhile, but jeeze, I love this album! "Jesus, etc." is perhaps my favorite, "Kamera", "Pot Kettle Black", and "I'm the Man who Loves You"... beyond brilliant...

There are lots of other CDs that I love to pieces, but these three are the ones I listen to currently and perhaps religiously.[/SIZE]

• 4 years later...
Cradle of Filth - Thornography
Just Friggin' Amazing.

Dragonforce - Ultra Beatdown
Just The Simple Fact That it Doesn't Come Out for another Month, and that I Am Listening to it right now along with the fact that the music doesn't sound much like any other dragonforce CD.

Caramell - Supergott (Speedy Mixes)
Caramelldansen. No other word needs to be said.

I'd be more inclined to say [I]what three composers could I not live without[/I]. It's about impossible to narrow it down to only three cd's. The one's I would miss the most if I didn't have them would be the works by [B]Rachmaninoff[/B], [B]Bach[/B] and [B]Mozart[/B].

And that's if I had no choice but to choose only three. I know that's not quite the question, but trying to narrow it down to only three albums... I'd be changing what I picked every couple of minutes since I'd be going... can't live without that... or what about this... and so forth.

[color=#9933ff]Mozart sucks, just for the record. =P (Come on, his left hand is always the saaaame!)

My three CDs were not hard to pick out, despite the fact that there's a LOT of music I really like.

1. [b]Speak for yourself[/b] by Imogen Heap - Funnily enough, I found the album through a YGO fanfic (don't. ask.) and it's become one of my favorites. "Just for now" is my own personal theme song, and a lot of the others I have stories and meanings to go with. I really love her style, and the fact that she did EVERYTHING herself (the instruments, the recording, the art). And there are so many things going on in all of her songs -- the extra sounds and beats, that even after having listened to her songs for a while, I can still find something new in them when I listen.

2. [b]Smile[/b] by L'arc~en~Ciel - L'arc are my music gods, and they are the alpha and omega of all music. The tones and chords in their music just strike me at my core and I absolutely love them.

3. [b]Chopin: Nocturnes[/b] performed by Daniel Barenboim - Curiously enough I don't actually own this CD, my mom does. However, this CD had a profound impact on the way I view music and my enthusiasm for it. At age eleven, having become dispassionate for the piano (which I had taken up at age six only because my sister played), this CD was the reason I decided to continue playing, for my own sake, and for the sake of the music. This was the reason I decided to take theory class, and the reason I enjoyed the class as much as I did. I'm so glad my sister brought this CD home when she did -- it has shaped how I view music.[/color]

[quote name='Shippou']there is three C.D's that I could not live without. that is

1.Rancid: ...and out come the wolves

2.Rancid: Lets go

3.Deep Purple: Nobody's Perfect

Shippou[/QUOTE]
Red hot chili peppers Stadium arcadium,John Mayer Continuum,John Mayer heavier things.

[quote name='MistressRoxie'][color=#9933ff]Mozart sucks, just for the record. =P (Come on, his left hand is always the saaaame!)[/color][/QUOTE]All you've done is prove that you probably haven't heard or learned more than a fraction of his extensive library of works. [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_compositions_by_Wolfgang_Amadeus_Mozart"][U]Click me![/U][/URL] If you had, you probably wouldn't have made such an ignorant statement. Many of his works are part of the standard concert repertoire for music students for a reason after all. =P

[FONT="Arial"]This is impossible. There are plenty of CDs my life would be dull without, so there's no way I can honestly limit it to three.

I'll try, though.

TIE: [B]AFI - The Art of Drowning & Sing the Sorrow[/B]
Art of Drowning is, without a doubt, AFI's best pre-major label record. It's the absolute perfect blend of their earlier stuff, plus the darker, richer sound they'd evolve into in a few years. I really wish they could have dwelt on this sound for at least an album more, but what they came up with next is just as amazing, if not better.

Sing the Sorrow was the very first AFI album I ever heard, and it got me into them very fast. I have so many favorite tracks from this album, and I know how to play most of them on guitar. There's still a shred of punk influences to be heard, but it's greatly overwhelmed in favor of more intricate instrument parts and melodic vocals. After this pattern of getting successively better with each release, you'd think they'd have surpassed this album by now. However, this is definitely their greatest (major label) release. So far.

TIE: [B]Calabrese - 13 Hallowe'ens & The Traveling Vampire Show[/B]
These guys are so high up on my list of favorite bands that, if it weren't for AFI, they'd probably be my top. But I can't pick a favorite album (again!) because, of their two, both of them sound exactly the same...in a good way! Too much of a good horror rock band is an awesome thing. I have equal favorites on each album, so it really is impossible to pick/differentiate.

And now for something completely different....

[B]Tegan & Sara; "The Con"[/B]
This is my most recent musical obsession, and I must say I am very deeply in love with both the music and the women behind it. They are adorable and hilarious, and the music is very catchy and inspiring. In most cases I wish I had written the song first. This is the only album I am 100% on, because of my obsession and that it's currently the only T&S album I could get into. (I have the Business of Art, and I was a bit...disappointed. But anyway!)

Let's ignore that I picked more than three, kay? [/FONT]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']All you've done is prove that you probably haven't heard or learned more than a fraction of his extensive library of works. [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_compositions_by_Wolfgang_Amadeus_Mozart"][U]Click me![/U][/URL] If you had, you probably wouldn't have made such an ignorant statement. Many of his works are part of the standard concert repertoire for music students for a reason after all. =P[/QUOTE]
[color=#9933ff]Lol, I'm extremely aware that he's done a lot of music, but since you are a pianist, I knew that at least you would be familiar with his piano works.

His violin work is pretty okay, but I'm not one for his church music, his operas, or piano concertos. I haven't heard EVERYTHING he's ever done, and I doubt you have, but I've heard enough to know he bites, in my opinion.[/color]

[quote name='MistressRoxie'][color=#9933ff]Lol, I'm extremely aware that he's done a lot of music, but since you are a pianist, I knew that at least you would be familiar with his piano works.

His violin work is pretty okay, but I'm not one for his church music, his operas, or piano concertos. I haven't heard EVERYTHING he's ever done, and I doubt you have, but I've heard enough to know he bites, in my opinion.[/color][/QUOTE]No, I'm a Cellist, not a pianist. I'm familiar with his works since I am a music major and I've heard quite a bit of it, which is why I called your statement ignorant. You said all of his left hand stuff was the same which isn't true.

Whether or not you like his stuff is merely a matter of opinion and personal preference. It certainly doesn't bother me if you don't care for Mozart. lol I'll still argue that he doesn't suck, even if you don't like him though. ;)

After all, I personally can't stand country, but that doesn't make it bad now does it? You just don't care for it. So what? There's no reason to tell someone a composer they like bites. That's just silly and kind of rude really.

There's a lot of music I don't care for and I don't expect others to like the same stuff I do. But I don't see the point in telling you that stuff you enjoy sucks because I may not like it.

Anyway, that's all I'm saying, if you don't like it fine. Just don't go making declarations as to why you think it sucks when you don't really know if what you said is true or not. lol

[color=#9933ff]Okay I have some new choices. Well it's been four years so I sure hope I have some new choices.

[b]All We Know Is Falling- Paramore[/b]- This cd is perfect for keeping me awake (Along with Riot)

[b]Taylor Swift- self titled[/b]- The two choice songs on here are Picture to Burn and Shoulda said no.

[b]Within Temptation- The Silent Force[/b]Okay yes it's slightly heavier than everything else I listen to, but I still like it. Angels is probably one of my favorite songs ever.[/color]