OtakuBoards

FF: Crystal Chronicles

Deedlit

[color=#009966]I know it's been a looooong time since I started an RPG, but out of boredom and desperateness, I'm going to give it another go.

Anyone who is familiar with the game probably knows the basics of the story, so I'll make it brief.[/color]

[center][b]PROLOGUE[/b][/center]

[center][i]"Seek the water of life.[/i][/center]

[center][i]"Long ago, miasma swallowed the world. Its very touch was fatal, and it claimed many lives. But we have since discovered a way to hold it at bay.[/i][/center]

[center][i]"Crystals protect us from miasma. Smaller crystals now guard the villages of the world, while greater ones guard the cities. We all live our lives within the embrace of the crystals' blessing.[/i][/center]

[center][i]"The power of the crystals is not limitless, however; it gradually diminishes over time. We must rekindle the crystals' radiance each year by purifying them with myrrh. In turn, they protect us from the miasma for another year.[/i][/center]

[center][i]"But myrrh cannot be found just anywhere. We must seek it in the dank depths of dungeons, across forbidding mountains, even beyond the sea.[/i][/center]

[center][i]"This task falls to groups of young men and women sent off each year by every town the world over. It is their duty to collect myrrh and bring it home. They are known as the crystal caravans.[/i][/center]

[center][i]"This is the tale of one such caravan and its adventures."[/i][/center]

[left][color=#009966]That's basically it as far as the story goes, but now I'm going to make a few changes. I don't want this RPG to be [i]exactly[/i] like the game. It would be great if we could come up with all new dungeons, all new bosses, maybe an extra town here and there, etc., but as the story goes along, you will gain some attacks that will be permanant, and then you can upgrade them, but that's not until later. [/left]

And just like the game, it will take a year to collect three drops of myrrh, so don't worry about stretching the plot and adding subplots, but make sure the posts inbetween the dungeons aren't spam. ;) [/color]

[b]TRIBES[/b]

[color=#009966]Your character must belong to one of the tribes: Clavats, Lilties, Yukes, or Selkies. Based on your tribe, you will be given some stats.[/color]

[left][color=green][b]Clavats:[/b] [center][img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19330[/img][/center][/color][/left]
[color=green]
[center] [/center]
[u]Specialty:[/u] Defense
[u]Traits:[/u] High defense and skill in magic
[u]Stats:[/u] Strength=21, Defense=24, Magic=13
[u]One sentence that describes them:[/u] "A gentle people that value harmony above all."[/color]

[color=crimson][b]Lilties:[/b] [center][img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19331[/img][/center][/color]
[color=crimson]

[u]Specialty:[/u] Offense
[u]Traits:[/u] High strength and proficiency with many types of spears.
[u]Stats:[/u] Strength=23, Defense=23, Magic=10
[u]One sentence that describes them:[/u] "A proud warrior tribe with infamously short tempers."[/color]

[color=black][color=blue][b]Yukes:[/b] [center][img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19332[/img][/center][/color][/color]
[color=black][color=blue]

[/color][u][color=blue][font=Tahoma]Specialty:[/font][/u][font=Tahoma] Magic[/font]
[size=2][u]Traits:[/u] Quicker spellcasting[/size]
[size=2][u]Stats:[/u] Strength=20, Defense=20, Magic=15[/size]
[size=2][u]One sentence that describes them:[/u] "A mysterious tribe of great lore and wisdom."[/size][/color][/color]

[color=purple][b]Selkies:[/b] [center][img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19333[/img][/center][/color]

[color=purple]
[u]Specialty:[/u] Agility
[u]Traits:[/u] Quicker focus attacks and longer range
[u]Stats:[/u] Strength=22, Defense=21, Magic=12
[u]One sentence that describes them:[/u] "Independent people who put themselves first."[/color]

[b]YOUR SIGN-UP[/b]

[b]Name:[/b] (this is a given)

[b]Moogle:[/b] (yes or no. Remember, you only get a moogle companion if you set off alone. If yes, state your moogle's name.)

[b]Tribe:[/b] (see above)

[b]Gender:[/b] (male or female)

[b]Appearance:[/b] (Please pick from given appearances above. All you have to do is look at the name under the image of the character you want and, if you want, you can post a special picture. HOWEVER, there is a catch: [b]ONLY ONE CHARACTER APPEARANCE PER PERSON![/b] If the appearance you want is taken by another character, pick one that isn't taken.)

[b]Hometown:[/b] (I would like Tipa to be the starting place for most of the characters, but if we get some characters from other towns, it would add some variety and allow us to meet on the road.)

[b]Family Trade / Parents' Occupation:[/b] (blacksmith, farmer, rancher, tailor, merchant, alchemist, fisherman, miller, librarian, village elder, or city guard. Please try to have only one or two per hometown.)

[b]Brothers / Sisters:[/b] (how many siblings you have and their names.)

[color=#009966]Alright, that should cover it. Let the sign-ups begin![/color]

[center]~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~[/center]

[color=teal][b]Name:[/b] Selpheii

[b]Moogle:[/b] no

[b]Tribe:[/b] Clavat

[b]Gender:[/b] Female

[b]Appearance:[/b] Long Hair [center][img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19334[/img][/center]

[b]Hometown:[/b] Tipa

[b]Family Trade / Parents' Occupation:[/b] Tailor

[b]Brothers / Sisters:[/b] 3 brothers: Peter, Shawn, Joseph, 1 sister: Renee

[color=#009966]Alright, I think that's it. Sign-ups end next sunday![/color][/color]

[COLOR=blue][SIZE=1]

I hope this is alright, Deedlit (its Lauren from the old LoTR rpg's in case you forgot) I dont know too much about Final Fantasy ^.^

[B]Name:[/B] Shea

[B]Moogle:[/B] No

[B]Tribe:[/B] Clavat

[B]Gender:[/B] Male

[B] Appearance:[/B] Cowlick

[URL=http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/ffcc_021022_screen1.jpg]Shea[/URL]

[B]Hometown:[/B] Tipa

[B]Family Trade/ Parents Occupation:[/B] Alchemist

[B]Brothers and Sisters:[/B] 4 brothers: Jon(younger), Hector(older), Bobby(older), Sean(younger), 3 Sisters: Joan(Older), Chloe(younger), Klio(twin of Chloe)'.

Tell me if there is anything I need to change ^.^[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[size=1][b]Name:[/b] Dwam Ciam
[strike]Moogle:[/strike]
[b]Tribe:[/b] Lilties
[b]Gender:[/b] Male
[b]Appearance:[/b] Bucket Head (that is just way too amusing, lol)
[b]Hometown:[/b] Port Tipa.
[b]Family Trade / Parents' Occupation:[/b] Blacksmith.
[b]Brothers / Sisters:[/b] 2 Brothers: Hmomy, Tefut; 3 Sisters: Drya, Ika, Pipei

This is by far the easiest sign-up I have ever filled out, lol. Though I did have to read up on the game a little. This seems very interesting, and fun.[/size]

[color=darkred][size=1] I find this strange. I was gonna start a FFCC RPG sometime but I do'nt think it's needed anymore.

[b]Name:[/b] Skip Iwa

[b]Moogle:[/b] no

[b]Tribe:[/b] Lilities

[b]Gender:[/b] Male

[b]Appearance:[/b] Horned Helm

[b]Family Trade / Parents' Occupation:[/b] City Guard

[b]Brothers / Sisters: 1 younger sister:[/b] Soku [/size][/color]

[color=orange][size=2][font=times new roman]Dude! This is gonna be so much fun!!! ::squeels::

[b]Name:[/b] Lunei

[b]Moogle:[/b] Yes -->[b] Name:[/b] Fyka

[b]Tribe:[/b] Selkie

[b]Gender:[/b] Female

[b]Appearance:[/b] Shark Eyes

[b]Family Trade / Parents' Occupation:[/b] Merchant

[b]Brothers / Sisters:[/b] 2 Brothers: Damien, Jason(older), 3 Sisters: Kylia(older), Mina-wren(twin), Adriena(younger)

Hope this is okay![/color][/font][/size]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Great, I love Final Fantasy!!

[B]Name[/B]:Taoru Yoroi

[B]Moogle[/B]: no

[B]Tribe[/B]: Clavat

[B]Gender[/B]: Male

[B]Appearance[/B]: Headband

[B]Hometown[/B]: Tipa

[B]Family Trade / Parent's occupation[/B]: Blacksmith

[B]Brothers / Sisters[/B]: 4 brothers: Reno, Bud, Shizo, and Tuno, 1 sister: Rena

That good?[/COLOR]

[color=#009966]The sign-ups are looking great so far, fellow caravaners. :)

The sign-ups will be open until June 6, and there's still plenty of positions open. Hopefully by then we can get a few Yukes in the RPG as well. [/color]

[size=2][font=Century Gothic][color=darkred][b]Name:[/b] Fayt[/color][/font]

[/size][font=Century Gothic][color=darkred][size=2][b]Moogle:[/b] no

[b]Tribe:[/b] Yuke[/size][/color][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][color=darkred][size=2][b]Gender:[/b] Male

[b]Appearance:[/b] Black mage

[b]Family Trade / Parents' Occupation:[/b] Scholars

[b]Brothers / Sisters: [/b]None[/size][/color][/font]

Name: Reis

Moogle: Yes-Terra

Tribe: Clavat

Appearance: Natural

Hometown: Tipa

[size=2][color=black]Family Trade / Parents' Occupation: Merchant[/color][/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]Brothers/Sisters: None[/size]

Name: Marat

Moogle: no

Tribe: Selkie

Appearance: Wolfie

Family Trade / Parents' Occupation: Alchemist

Brothers / Sisters: 1 sister: Robin, 1 brother: Falcon

Final Fantasy is my favourite game ever. i hope this is fine

Ok, I know before I said that I'd only change if Deedlit asked me to, but I personally feel there are way too many people starting off alone (with Moogles). This would be all well and good, but it's my opinion and I think I'd rather switch over to being a part of the caravan instead.

Name: Biggs Talefynn

Moogle: No

Tribe: Selkie

Appearance: Bandanna

Family Trade / Parents' Occupation: Rancher

Brothers / Sisters: 1 Brother: Wedge

Another thing, it's none of my business, but why are there so many Merchants and Blacksmiths?

Thanks for the justification Piro, but you didn't need it. The fact is that almost 4 Blacksmiths and 5 Merchants (approx. whatever it is) sprouted out of nowhere, and there isn't a fisherman in sight shocks me. I mean, they must be popular trades, but shouldn't there be a limit of like three or something?
Ok, I've become spammy. I'll take this up with Deedlit through Private Messaging.

[quote name='inti']Another thing, it's none of my business, but why are there so many Merchants and Blacksmiths?[/quote][size=1]I chose to be Blacksmith based on the fact my character is a Liltie, the stronghold of close-range/hand-to-hand combat. Their short description alone, [i]"High strength and proficiency with many types of spears"[/i] screams a higher potential being a Blacksmith than any other of the available professions.

*nods*

That is my justification.[/size]

[font=Tahoma][color=#009966]Yes, there is a limit, but it might be by fault for not being clear. In my first post I asked if there would be one or two per hometown. Well, since everyone is starting in Tipa, there should only be one or two of each trade. As of now, here is the count:[/color][/font]

[b][color=#009966]Clavats: 4[/b]
[b]Lilties: 2[/b]
[b]Yukes: 1[/b]
[b]Selkies: 3[/color][/b]

[b][color=#009966]Blacksmith: 3[/b]
[b]Farmer: 0[/b]
[b]Rancher: 1[/b]
[b]Tailor: 1[/b]
[b]Merchant: 2[/b]
[b]Alchemist: 1[/b]
[b]Fisherman: 0[/b]
[b]Miller: 0[/b]
[b]Librarian / Scholar: 1[/b]
[b]Elder: 0[/b]
[b]Guard: 1[/color][/b]

[b][color=#009966]Total number of players: 10[/b]
[b]Number of moogles: 3[/color][/b]

[color=#009966]Some of the numbers are stretched. We don't need 3 blacksmiths for a small little town; not even the larger cities have that many. So unless we can recruit some more people to even out some of the empty spaces, we might have to cut or change a few characters. [/color]

[color=#009966]Now for the moogles. Currently there are four caravans leaving from the same small town, three of them with only one person each, one with seven characters. I don't want four different versions of the same adventure in one RPG. Trust me, it gets very confusing. However, I do know that you can't fit all ten in one caravan. So I will divide everyone into either two or three groups (it all depends on how many more people will sign up by the end of the day), and each group will get one moogle. If the final count by the time the sign up ends is still ten, we will be divided into two groups, which means that someone must delete their moogle. If we get at least 12, then there will be four characters per group with one moogle per caravan. [/color]

[color=#009966][b]MOOGLE POSITIONS ARE CLOSED![/b] [/color]

[color=#009966]I would also like to have at least one representative of each tribe for each caravan, which obviously means we need more Yukes, and possibly another Lilty. We have a surplus of Clavats and just the right number of Selkies, so please no more of those two. [/color]

[color=#009966]I think that about covers everything. [strike]The sign-ups will close at 10 [size=1]PM[/size].[/strike][/color]

[color=#009966][EDIT][/color]

[color=#009966][color=red][b]SIGN-UPS ARE NOW CLOSED!![/color][/b][/color]

[color=#009966][color=#009966]I've tried to divide everyone as evenly as possible into two groups based on your stats. [/color][/color]

[color=#009966][center][img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19438[/img][/color]
[color=#009966]
[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19450[/img]

[/color][color=#009966]
[/center]
[color=#009966]Look for this thread around Tuesday or Wednsday. :)[/color][/color]