OtakuBoards

Puss in Boots!

Annie

[color=darkslategray][size=1][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Holy Jesus, I saw [i]Shrek 2[/i] yesterday, and I must say..The Puss in boots is the homiest of G's. The cat was the best character of the movie. I laughed so freakin hard when he attacked Shrek, it reminded me of one person..Dragon Warrior.

Who else loves the puss in boots?[/color][/size][/font]

Well, I know someone. The guy you thought of--ME!

I've actually liked the dude ever since I was little. He was one of my favorite characters from stories back then with his unusual antics and awesome ventures. He was just a bonus in Shrek 2 and made me "bwee" over him. I feel like a kid again XD

[color=darkslategray][size=1][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Yesh, and they did a good job with casting his voice as Antoino Banderas (sp?). I was not expecting the assasin to be a cat ^_^. And that face was too adorable, it made me want to cry.[/color][/size][/font]

[b][i][font=Book Antiqua][color=indigo]Yeah I've always loved Puss in boots too. Cats are one of my favorite animals so to have one as smart as that...I always thought it was cool. But when we saw the movie I was sittin' next to Caitlin and we keep on going "pussycat!" whenever we saw him. And she does it in this voice so...:sweat: Right it was cool. I have doubtst his thread will last though...[/color][/font][/i][/b]

[font=Microsoft Sans Serif][color=sienna][/color][/font][right][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=1][color=sienna]I actually have not seen this movie yet, unfortunatly. I wanted to so bad the other night, but me and my friends ended up seeing [i]The Day After Tomorrow[/i] instead. I may just wait for it to come out on video because on friday I am seeing the newest Harry Potter flick.[/color][/size][/font]
[/right]

[QUOTE]I think the Shrek 2 movie is making Puss in Boots popular. People know him from this movie, not from his original origin XD[/QUOTE]
[right][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=1][color=sienna]It is making him popular. I admit, I had never heard of Puss in Boots until I saw the previews for this movie. I still don't know where he comes from, but he looks cool. I may go see it today so I won't have to wait for it to come out on video.[/color][/size][/font][/right]
[right][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=1][color=#a0522d][/color][/size][/font] [/right]
[right][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=1][color=#a0522d]-ry[/color][/size][/font][/right]

Puss in Boots came from the old book called [b]Puss in Boots[/b]! The story was quite odd. An old miller, before passing away, left three things to his three sons. The oldest got the mill, the middle son got a goat, and the youngest son got a cat (aka Puss in Boots). The oldest began working production with the mill, the middle child set off to make a fortune with his donkey, and the youngest sat down and sulked about his earnings. He plotted what he could do with a simple [i]cat![/i] That's when Puss in Boots said (and it was, for some reason, normal for cats to talk back then), "Do not sulk, master. You get me a pair of boots, a cat, and a bag, and I'll set off to make a fortune for you." So, obeying his feline companion, he got the supplies and Puss in Boots set off.

The story continues to where he tries to make money for my master. An interesting tale. In the actual PIB book, he fights an ogre, therefore that's most likely where the Shrek 2 movie got the idea of having Puss in Boots as the notorious ogre slayer >:^D

[right][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=1][color=sienna]Oh man. Now I really want to go see it! It sounds funny. I just want to see Puss in Boots pretty much. But I can't because I have noone to go with. Maybe tomorrow. Thanks for the backround information DW.[/color][/size][/font]
[/right]
[right][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=1][color=#a0522d][/color][/size][/font] [/right]
[right][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=1][color=#a0522d]-ry[/color][/size][/font][/right]

Guest Starlit_Rinoa
Yeah, PIB is pretty dang cool, but I personally dig the Fairy God Mother. She may be rather, shall we say, evil, but for all intensive purposes, she owns. Charming on the other hand... I think he needs a good "lead q-tip" job. Lolz, JK.

[color=darkslategray][size=1][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]I want a Puss in Boots ;_; I will have to read that book sometime, I had no idea that there was an actual PIB. Thanks for the info DW.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=1][color=sienna]I've been looking for the Puss In Boots book everywhere I have not been able to find it! I went to the library and it wasn't there. I went to Barnes and Noble and it wasn't there. I went to some bookstore in our mall and it wasn't there. Does anyone have any ideas where I may be able to find it? Oh and I still have not been able to see the movie. :( [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=1][color=#a0522d]-ry[/color][/size][/font]

Guest Lil CheroStar
[B]Omg! Puss In Boots?!? I love That Little Guy! I saw It Saturday May 22..and I laughed When He did the eyes! omg they were so cute! i also have the game! and im always puss in boots[/b]

[size=1]My local library has about five different versions of the story [i]Puss in Boots[/i]. I took my kid brother there a while back, and we read three of them...it was as fun as reading three virtually identical versions of the same fairy tale can be. Heh.

Later that week, when he first saw a commercial for [i]Shrek 2[/i], he came running over to me. "Sara!! I saw [i]Puss in Boots!!!!![/i]"

It was really cute, heh.[/size]

[font=Trebuchet MS]For the people looking to read it, you can find a version of the story [url="http://www.pitt.edu/%7Edash/perrault04.html"]here.[/url]

It's a pretty short story, so I don't really see any point in buying it, unless you want it just so you can read it whenever you want. ^^

But yes, all I want to know is what Puss was muttering in spanish in one of the parts of the movie. He said it too quickly for me to hear any of the words.
[/font]

Because nobody seems to get it, I'll explain why I believe Antonio Banderas was chosen for the role of Puss in Boots. The Puss in Boots character in [i]Shrek 2[/i] is a pretty obvious Zorro spoof, right down to carving a 'p' (Zorro carves a 'z'). Antonio Banderas has played Zorro. He spoofs himself as Puss in Boots in [i]Shrek 2[/i].