OtakuBoards

The Lo'Aund Experiments

Corey

[size=1][color=#2f4f4f][b]??-[/b]They threaten us, Corel. You know this as well as I."

[b]Corel-[/b] "Allana... We can't simply destroy them because we see them as a threat, I will not have that hapen again... They are ours."

[b]Allana-[/b] "Ours or not, they hold the power of Lo'Aund. It is not a force to underestimate. We never should have acessed it..."

[b]Corel-[/b] "I already have the Tribunal installing Limiters in them. We have selected their birth places as far away from eachother as possible. They will never have contact with eachother."

[b]Allana-[/b] "And what about [i]him[/i]?"

[b]Corel-[/b] *sigh* "He will never emerge. The Tribunal has locked him away. The power of the Limiters is great."

[b]Allana-[/b] "You have my faith Corel. Our mistakes are your responsibility."

~~~

"Deep in the lands of Miridia, a legend is passed down from generation to generation. When the flames are high and the woods quiet, the people speak of the gods of old. Benevolent and caring, they ruled from on high, watching over the world and it's grateful inhabitants. Then came a day when man turned his back on the gods. The gods, being loving and pure, tried to gain the hearts of man back. They gave bountiful harvests. They then made the herds plentiful. They gave to man beautiful stones from the earth. But man still turned away.
A single man had appeared. He told the people of Miridia what the gods truely were. 'Nothing more than men!' was his sermon. 'Just the same as you!' was hisclaim. The gods flew in the skies in giant cities of metal and light. They used magic to control the climates pf the world. They used magic to grow the food in the ground. They used magic to create the humans of the surface in their mothers wombs.
And the humans rebeled. The war lasted hundreds of years. But the gods, seeing that there was no other choice, facing almost certain defeat, destroyed the humans of the surface in a rain of holy fire.
The gods roamed the skies for one thousand years, repairing the land below from the detruction they so idiodically caused. They remade Miridia into a beautiful haven. They then repopulated it. Once again creating the inhabitants of the surface world. But the man that so long ago had sewn the seen of destruction was not to be forgotten. He preserved his very being in a small artifact and hid it on the surface. The gods knew of this and searched for the relic. When they found it theyattempted to destroy it, but found it was using some of the same magic they themselves use. They kept it, making sure the artifact would never be opened again."
-The Legend of Lo'Aund
~~~
Journal of Malak, Reaping, Year 461 of The Gods
Entry Of The Full Moon- [i]The skies turned red today. They glowed like the freshly spilt blood of a calf. The women are afraid. The men are agitatated. We are unsure of what this means. Is it a sign from the gods? According to legend, a red sky signals the beginning of the end. Are we going to die?"
~~~
OOC:
1) The time period for this story is a medieval type world. Nothing much more sophisticated then a crossbow at first. As the story progresses that may change.

2) This story will most likely have quite a bit of bloody moments. I urge you not to join if you believe you will not be able to handle it.

3) I only want serious RPers. You will be dedicated. You will have excellent post quality (which means posts of good grammer, diction, and length), or you will not be allowed to continue.

4) If you are worried about plot, it will become far more apparent later on in the story.

5) Last but not least, dispite all these seemingly harsh rules, we are here to have fun. So let's get going.
~~
[b]Name:[/b] Nothing to exotic.

[b]Age:[/b] 21 to 75

[b]Class:[/b] Everyone is a human. Classes are as varied as your minds (warrior, assasin, etc). But no magic. That also may come later in the game.

[b]Appearence:[/b] Make it good.

[b]Bio:[/b] I don't want an extremely long and dry collosuss of a bio that I'll get five minute into and want to quit. A nice medium length with a general overview of your character and their history will do nicely.
~~
Good luck and bad dreams.[/size][/color]

[COLOR=Pink][SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Name: Risa

Class: gleeman (traveling storyteller, musician, juggler, tumbler, and all-round entertainer. Performs mainly in small villages and smaller towns.)

Appearance: [URL=http://www.psycko-manga.com/gallery/babe/58-9.htm]Click[/URL]

Bio: As a child she would always sing and when her parents noticed that her voice was lovely they sent her to a Bard (A musician and storyteller. Mostly works for High status people. Too became a Bard you must train with one.). Risa learned the art of entertainment and became one of the first female Bards. Not happy only performing for high status people she left at the age of 20. She now travels around Miridia from village to village entertaining anyone she can. She has one favourite story she likes to tell and that is the Legend of Miridia. She carries her flute with her all the time, whch was given to her by her parents. Her weapons are throwing knives which are concealed under her sleeves and a dagger which is hiddenin her left boot.

Hope this is okay. If not let me know and i will change it.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=orange][size=2][font=times new roman][b]Name:[/b] Alexia

[b]Age:[/b] 27

[b]Class:[/b] Gleeman (I was given permision)

[b]Appearence:[/b] [url=http://www.psycko-manga.com/gallery/babe/54-4.htm]Clickety[/url]

[b]Bio:[/b] Alexia was born in a small village, and for a while was the only girl-child. She grew up around boys, and is very skilled in fighting. She was taught by the village?s elders, and sang since she was 3. She was also one of the first female Bards. She travels Miridia spreading news, telling stories, and singing songs. Alex?s main instrument is a set of shepard pipes, though she also carries a lute. She carries a small set of throwing daggers, and a medium sized fighting knife.

Is this okay?[/color][/font][/size]

[color=mediumturquoise]Name: Vasvas Colubra

Class: Herpetologist

Translation: One who studies snakes. Also could mean one who breeds, handles, and tames them while also providing an excellent enviornment for them. Vasvas does all of the above.

Appearence: Charming and innocent looking, until one notices the pythons curling around her fingers or neck. She wears a simple blue and white tunic, four earrings, and a pendant of a leaping animal around her neck. The pythons are all generally small, but with a little vermin for dinner and warmth, they will grow to quadruple their current size of 1.5 feet in six months. As of now they are colored brown, black, yellow, and orange, but at times they take on a blue sheen.

Bio: The daughter of two exotic parents, Vasvas was almost quite literally born with snakes around her neck. She's spent the majority of her life studying the way her children react to their enviornment. Her children being her ball pythons, gifts from her parents. They left her one day, as soon as she reached puberty, with an old female python curled around a clutch of fresh eggs and a simple staff carved out of ironwood. Since then she has guarded her young charges with her life, and raises them with utmost care, waiting for the day when they in turn will be ready to defend her.

The sum of her posessions and the position she has in her world is not large, but she isn't angry and resentful. A staff, the skin of an ancient python for a belt, her jewelry and the clothes on her back. Five snakes that set her apart from the rest of humanity as a charmer and an exotic character. She isn't one to fight for a better place. She's more concerned for the well-being of her children and the chance to give them the best oppertunities to grow. One could say she cares more for her snakes than for the rest of the world. But then again, most of the human race is terrified of her children anyway. Oh well.[/COLOR]

Name: Shard

Class: Mercenary

Appearance: See pic

Bio: A fighter for hire, he lives with his father, who was crippled when a cave collapse shattered his leg. When not helping with the farming, he goes to neighboring cities, working as a mercenary for various tasks. Carrying little more then a sword and some basic armor, he excels at melee combat. Being the only young man that didnt leave to one of the more prosperous villages around them, he tends to help everyone in his village out, along with his pet, Scree.
((For Scree, just switch the lower body with that of an eagle. If I should change anything, PM me.))

[size=1][color=#999999][B]Name:[/B] Nicoleta Vaijin Devalos

[B]Age:[/B] 23

[B]Class:[/B] Daughter of an Empress/Emperor and an Apprentice to a Philosopher

[B]Appearence:[/B] See attachment- She is what she looks like.

[B]Bio:[/B] Sophisticated, kind, gentle, and well-mannered is what the community and society see Nicoleta as. While her parents, the Emperor and Empress, see her as a rambunctious, free-spirited, adventurous, and learning child. Two sides that are shown to all, yet no one knows exactly who to believe, when Nicoleta is truly both. Caring for the world outside of the high walls that confiscate her to her studies and aristrocracy, wanting to help those who need help more than those who don't.

Nicoleta, although some may say she is at age, is still young and learning to know how this world functions. She learns to see beneath the surface of all things, to see both views of the world, and to watch every movement around her. Perhaps...the society is right. Perhaps she is the sophisticated and well-mannered, young woman she appears to be. Or perhaps, she is the free-spirited and adventurous child that her parents see her to be. We'll never know, will we?

EDIT: Be happy, Knight, I finished! ^_^[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]This sounds awesome, can't wait to see how it turns out.

Name: Layan

Class: Bandit/Archer

Appearance:[URL=http://www.psycko-hentai.de/grafix/gallery/bg4/misc7.jpg]Look here[/URL]

Bio: Crafty and cautious, she never lets her guard down. She seldom speaks, due to a heart-wrenching experience that happened in her childhood.But despite her silence she remains kind and generous.

She lived with a former cut-throat bandit who took residence in an isloated cavern in the mountains.Layan was a wanderer untill the age of16, as she had no parents or knowledge of her past.But one day Layan lost her way and stumbled into the mountain range where she found an elderly man collapsed and surrounded by wolves. She fought off the fierce creatures and nursed the old man to health. When the old man eventually gained conciousness he revealed to her his identity and agreed to teach Layan the arts he knew, as long as she would stay with him and protect him. Layan was taught the arts of theivery, archery, and swordsmanship. Layan lived with the old man for 5 years, and in that time she became an accomplished warrior. But one day she returned to the caven to find the old man sprawled across the ground, arrows protruding from his body. The old man had barely enough strength to say his last words,"Under...the floorboard..a chest...take the weapons in..it and go..go to..the..cit..." and his last breath escaped form him. Layan, her face stained with tears,opened the chest and found two magnificently crafted daggers, and a bow with arrows. With those in hand she left off for the city. Layan searches for her friend and mentor's killers, not to kill them but merely to discover the reason behind his murder.

EDIT:Is that better?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[size=1][color=#2f4f4f]I'm not going to make any announcements on who has gotten in yet. You've all, collectively, done an extremely good job.

Signups will be kept open for a while longer.

[i]yotska[/i]- Your bio is a tad dry. I've heard the story tons of times. Make it a little bit more spiffy.

???

[b]Name:[/b] Citain Ballazar

[b]Age:[/b] 32

[b]Class:[/b] Farmer

[b]Appearance:[/b] [url=http://www.perryandtsua.com/Xenogears/Billy_Lee_Black.JPG]Citain[/url]

[b]Bio:[/b] Citain grew up in the care of his loving, albeit slightly out of childbearing years, parents. From the age of seven he had helped his father work in the fields growing corn for all the towns within walking distance. When he was fifteen, his father suffered a mild stroke and lost the use of his left arm. Citains hopes of leaving his family when he was of age were crushed, He stayed.
When he was twenty, his father suffered another stroke that ended his life. His mother was heartbroken and sunk into a deep depression. Citain worked the fields, twice as hard now that his father was gone.
His mother died three years later. She never recovered from her depression. Citain worked the fields.
He is now thirty-two and barely keeping the farm alive. His love of his parents keeps him from selling to the ever insistant buyers that show up. But the profits are dwindling. He can barely afford oil for his lamps, much less food for his table. A decision is going to have to be made... And soon.[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepPink][B]Name[/B]: Arista Lenett

[B]Age[/B]: 30

[B]Class[/B]: Maiden Thief

[B]Appearence[/B]: [URL=http://img.imagetown.net/57684507.jpg]Maiden[/URL]

[B]Bio[/B]: Deprived of a civilized childhood, Arista was brought up by a band of thieves that stole her from her home only a few months after she was born. They also took with them her family's most treasured weaponry that would have eventually been handed down to her when she reached the final stage of maturity. Growing with the low class of thugs, she grew found of one in particular, Revus, that have saved her life when the rest thought it better to kill her off when they thought her useless.

From him, she learned the how to strive for herself from unseen lessons. At 12, she stole from the thieves a silver hilted knife that had once belonged to her family and fled leaving behind her best wishes to Revus. Later carving the very staff she is commonly seen with from the knife.

Edit: Well, thanks for letting me know that I actually can't think outside of what an average person can. Cause guess what? I don't really care because I don't pay any mind to what other people put. It's none of my business.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]Am I the only person that sees a horribly annoying trend in which young humans are tragically raised by outlaws and ruffians while relying on mere kindness to survive? I count at least three going the ruffian raised route. And it's getting really redundant and stupid.[/COLOR]

Guest KairuHibiki
[b]Name:[/b]
Maddox Fengale

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Class:[/b]
Highlands Rouge Assassin

[b]Apperance:[/b]
Maddox stands 5' 10" and weights around 160 pounds. His buid is very lithe, not too built, but not underbuilt. He has clear muscel tone, especially in his arms and chest. He has long raven black hair that goes to a little below the center of his back. In most cases, his hair is tied at the back with a length of blood red twine. Passing diagonally over his right eye is a jagged scar. His eyes however, are his greatest curiosity as they are straight silver in color. His attire consists of a simple gray tunic, showing signs of wear at the edges due to sometimes extended use. His ebony pants also show the signs of wear and tear, as on both sides the knees have been worn away, leaving only frayed threads swaying gently. From just below the knee down, he wears a pair of dark brown travel boots, like the rest of his clothing, they show the signs of use with scuffs and darker patches on the leather.

[b]Bio:[/b]
Maddox was raised in the Highlands by Malakai Fengale and Lauren Fengale, his father Malakai was leader of the assassin tribes that roamed the plains doing odd jobs here and there, mainly exectutions and assassinations of people in power at the behest of their competition. Never ones to stay in place for very long due to the contingency of their work.

Years passed and Maddox grew, becoming one of the best assassins the clan had ever raised. He never left any trace of his deed and had a spotless record of over 67 sucessful job completions. When Maddox turned 19, he had grown discontent with the clan and had challenged his father for leadership of the clan. He was refused.

Drawing the long dagger he carried with him, he swiftly drew the edge across his fathers throat, covering Maddox with the warm, slick substance of life, blood. His mother then attacked him for what he had done. He stabbed the blade of his dagger deep into her chest, peircing her heart... Then he realized what he had done.

Looking at the blood coating his blade, the realization hit him like a sledgehammer... He had just killed both of his parents in anger. He dropped the scarlet coated dagger and fled into the forest. It was assumed by the rest of the clan that he had died. Maddox lived in that forest till he was 26, living off the land as the clan had taught him to do... living in solitude and in his mind, repentance for what he had done. He had finally decided it was time to leave the forest and continue on whatever path he chose.

[color=#2f4f4f][size=1]Signups will remain open for the time being, but the RPG will be started in a day or so, probably within ten hours or so but I have to do a bit of practicing for my upcoming Jazz and Classical performances.

[b]Accepted RPers-[/b]
? Kittychanann
? Raiha
? Arika
? yotska
? Gentle
? KairuHibiki
? KnightOfTheRose

I don't normally do the next section, but for this I feel I need to justify myself in a way or two.
[b]Rejected RPers-[/b]
? SilverCyclone
--Your bio was simply not good enough. It's a variation on a story everyone on these boards has heard before. I don't mean to discourage you, because you obviously have a lot more writing talent then most of the RPers on the boards nowadays. It's just not what I was looking for.
? callmegoddess04
--Both you and Kitty sighned up as the same class. When compared, Kitty had the better bio. That's all I really can say.

The RPG, like I said, should be up within ten hours to a day. Adios until then.[/size][/color]