OtakuBoards

What was the first game console you ever used?

ChibiHorsewoman

[SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]I well remember my first gaming console since it seems to have dictated the brand of consoles I have bought since. I started out on the original NES a long, long time ago when I was about 7 I think, I got it as a present one birthday or Christmas from my parents (I can remember exactly). I remember getting Super Mario Bros with it and being intrigued by the game for a long time, it was one of the major causes of conflicts with my brother one who would play it.

I remember getting Duck Hunt then and having shooting competitions with Dad and Dave seeing who would get this highest score (and I agree with Desbreko, that dog [U]is[/U] evil). We got Super Mario Bros 3 a while after that and I remember being really impressed over how good looking the graphics were, well they were kick *** for the time. I really feel that without Nintendo in my life I'd not be as socially retarted as I am now, God bless Nintendo. [/FONT] [/SIZE]

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]Does anyone besides me remember this stupid NEwspaper boy game that Nintendo had?

The object of the game was to get rid of all your papers by tossing them on lawns and if you didn't deliver the papers you lost customers, but if you did good you got more customers.

I think there may have been more involved, but I don't remember, I just thought it was a screwed up game with just a boy, a bike and papers. Maybe teh occasional dog.

I just remember playing that game and thinking, damn, I could do so much better than this.

Oh and Oregon Trail. That game was just so I don't know what. I don't know if it was ever on a consol, but I remember it on an Apple computer. All my oxen died from exhuation and I think I may have made it to Oregon once. I also think one of my people died from small pox. One from starvation and one from exhaustion. Then they broke a wheel and I quit.

So did anyone else play some of those games as a few of their first video games?[/color][/QUOTE]

I remember the Oregon trail game from elementry school, because that was the only place that had the old machines that played it- I remember having to load it off the old floppy disks... (I don't think I ever made it ither, Chibi.) For the newspaper boy game, yes I do remember it, but not from when it first came out. I remember it because last year, the Enrichment program at my school was lacking in all things intellectually stimulating, so we made due with what was available: a computer with an internet connection specially sanctioned for us. Now, i don't know about you, but a room full of guys (yes, primamrily guys last year) who were like us automatically turned to video games. Through this, I was able to watch the entire game of Original Zelda played out, from over the shoulder of Mike. I was also able to see the Newspaper Boy game, but it wasn't so cool. (Oh, and if mentioning emulators, albeit indirectly, is frowned upon, then just PM me and i'll modify my post.)

Does anyone remember the SNES game of the Simpsons, when aliens invade Springfield? I actually remember my cousins playing that one.. when Bart lost a life he'd say something that sounded alot like "eat my shorts" or something like that...

• 2 weeks later...
The first console i remeber playing with was probably super nintendo....but what got me hooked on video games would be Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time I saw my friends brother playing it and i just kept going over to house just watch him play it....she got really pissed at me but meh. That reminds me......i've still gotta beat that game.....i've been focused on ps and ps2 games that i forgot i still had it....*walks away to play game*

[color=deeppink]The first game I ever played was A Link To The Past for SNES. And thus began a sick, twisted, and slightly unhealthy obsession with a certain blonde haired fairy boy.

The first console that I actually owned was Nintendo 64. =p

-Karma[/color]

[color=indigo]After deleting a few posts in this thread, I think I should try and clarify something:

When posting in this thread, please don't just list the first console/game you played and leave it at that. Doing that is considered spam, as it makes for a short, uninteresting, and near completely pointless post. Posts like that are what I just deleted.

When posting in this thread, please [b]do[/b] tell about your first [i]experience[/i] with console gaming. Tell what system and what game, by all means, but also include at least a few details about that first experience. This makes the post so it's actually interesting for others to read, and also adds some decent length to what would otherwise only be one or two sentences.

So please keep this in mind while posting in this and like threads in the future. Thanks. ^_^[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=indigo']So please keep this in mind while posting in this and like threads in the future. Thanks. ^_^[/color][/quote]
Sure thing Des. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I thought about this question for quite a bit and remember not only the first system and game I played, but also the first video game I'd ever seen.

Anyway, I was about 3 or 4(something I can't place my finger on yet) and I was bored of watching TV. So, I waddled over to my brother's room. He and three of his friends were playing this football game for the Snes and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Before I could get closer though, my brother(who is around 20 at this point) pushed me out of his room and locked the door. This made me much more curious about this machine, so I peaked my eye through the doorhole. Wouldn't ya know it, my bro decides to spray cologne(sp) in my eye thinking I was trying to speak through the doorhole...ouch:blackeye:

Now for the first Video Game I ever [i]Played [/i]takes place in Pennsylvania when I was 5(or 6). I was over my Aunt and Uncle's house. They really didn't have to much to offer me to keep me entertained...except my cousin's(who was conveiniently out) new Sega Genesis. My Uncle put out all the games he had in front of me, and I chose teh c00l cartridge with the blue spikey dude on it. He put away the other games, put in Sonic, and turned it on. I was left to figure out the controls for myself...

And lemme tell ya, it took me 3 hours to beat the first act and [i]know[/i] all the controls...:o

The first game console I ever used was the NES. I first got mine when i was 4. My foavorite game probrably Mario. Today I barely see a NES. I saw a blue one a pawn shop when I was searching for a jump cable.

If only the NES could of survived a little longer. Oh well now i have my new PSP and its working fine.

That my first console I guess.

My first system was NES. It was fun playing the Mario games like that RPG one. That was a lot of fun! ^_^
My first game was a duck hunting game. I love firing at those flying things. And, I swear, I saw a flying squirrel in that game! O_O

Well...

My first ever system was the Genesis. I remember I was around 3 or 4 when my dad bought it and brought it home. He said "Hey boys(me and my twin brother), come see this thing!" We both walked(If we could at that age) to the thing, and my dad was playing Sonic the Hedgehog. Now, I was only 4, so I didn't know much about manners. I took the controller out of my dad's hand, sat down, and played. He didn't whack me, thank god. So I just sat there making sonic jump and laughing at it.

I still play that game, all the time on my Gamecube..heh..

But yes. That was what started my Sonic fandom :D