OtakuBoards

What was the first game console you ever used?

ChibiHorsewoman

[color=darkviolet]And for bonus points (like the ones on Whose Line) Do you remeber your first video game.

I'm a child of the eighties and I have to say that the very first game consol I ever used was an atari. Yes, that's what I said, an ATRAI. I thought it was the neatest thing to play.

I mostly played Pac Man and got eaten by those ghost looking things. Hey, I was six, not that anything's really changed, but I'm going to use I was six as an excuse.

I also played that pong game until my brother lost the twsty controlers and only had the joy sticks. I had to stop playing it in '95 because my brother decided to take the whole thing apart.

But yes, those were the days, playing low quality graphic video games and enjoying myself. Excuse me while I go reminince[/color]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]The first console I ever played was the Playstation (the original, not the mini PS1, the big clunky one). I played back in...well, uh, whatever year it came out. ^_^ I believe I was 6 or 7 when it did, though.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]I was very intrigued by the thing when we first bought it. I believe the first game I actually played on it was Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, but, the first game I played might have been one of those Demo discs that they give out every so often at stores and if that was the case then the first game I played on the demo disc was some kind of war game (not sure what it was called). I also played Doom on it (actually, that might have been the very first one I played), but I got more enjoyment by watching my dad play it and helping him out when he was stuck or if he missed something important (I've always been like that, preferring to watch other people play some games rather than play them myself).[/color][/size][/font]

I remember both answers very well indeed. My first game console was the original Nintendo, and the first game was (you can probably just guess) the old school Mario Brothers game. I do not think I ever managed to win that game, being as I was in third grade, at the most, but it was fun.

Ahh, the nostalgia of the old 2-D, flat graphic game consoles. I want my Duck Hunt(er) game back. Just so I can plug in the second controller and move the ducks around so that others would miss them with the little gun. :devil:

[color=purple]The very first console I played was the origional Playstation. My parents bought it for me, we hooked it up that day. I was playing Jet Moto 2 first, and my mom told me to come do something, and was waiting at the door. I was about to turn it off normally, when my mom was like, "Wait! You know you should never turn it off by the button!" And I'm like, "Ok, how do I turn it off?"[/color]

[color=darkorchid]Me and my mom stood there for like 5 minutes looking, untill I finally said forget it and turned it off by the button. Needless to say, my mom never tried to bring computer style actions to the PS(2) again, letting me handle everything.[/color]

[color=purple]Oh, and Chibi, i know exactly who I'm voting for to receive next year's most active member.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=darkorchid])\( @ T 3[/color]

[color=indigo]The very first video game I ever played was Duck Hunt on my brother's NES. I must have only been about five or six years old at the time, so I couldn't aim too well, but it was still fun. I remember as the ducks started moving faster and faster, I'd hold the Zapper closer and closer to the screen, heh. And I also remember trying in vain to shoot that stupid, laughing dog. I swear, that thing is possesed or something.[/color]

Hmm...I do not recollect exactly which came first, but it was probably either between Super Mario Bros., Duck Hunt, or Excitebike for the NES. The pure simplistic and addictive genius of these titles have truly lasted the test of time and allowed them to be recognized as some of the greats (at least for me).

As for the first video game I [b]ever[/b] played...that is a tough one. More than likely, it was one of the games that Funcoland (for those who remember the store) used to hold on display all the time (i.e., TMNT fighting game, FF6, etc.) [b]or[/b] Pac-Man/Tetris.

My first console was an Atari 2600 and I believe the first game was Atlantis. The iMagic version, not the Activision one. Same game, different company, for whatever reason.

I still have it packed up with dozens of different types of controllers and around fifty games.

Heh, still one of those things that I remember, even after almost sixteen years. My first console was the NES and the first game that I vividly remember playing was the Duck Hunt/Super Mario Bros. compilation cartridge. Mostly, I remember me laying upon the top bunk of my cousin's bunk bed, Zapper in my right hand as I hunted down Mario while he was trying to beat Super Mario Bros.. He was pretty surprised to find out that you still had use of the Zapper while playing the Super Mario Bros. portion of the cartridge, as you can imagine.

I first played the NES at my cousin's house (And bought one a month later), and my first game was, naturally, Super Mario Bros. & Duck Hunt. I was only about 3 at the time (A 3 year old with a video game console back in those days! Yes, I admit, I was a bit spoiled by my parents). I still have the old thing sitting in my closet collecting dust.

When I was 4 it came into contact with a soccer ball. We would have to kick it to get it to work after that. My foots gotten a lot bigger, and I'm afraid to try that now.

Man, that thing was fun though!

[color=#707875]The first game console that I ever played was the old Game & Watch series...although I'm not sure if you'd consider that a "handheld console" as such.

Despite the fact that I had played G&W many times when I was little, I never owned one until well after I'd bought a NES. Go figure.

Other than that, my first experience would have to have been with an Atari...though I don't know exactly which system it was. It was just a keyboard with two joysticks. So, because I'm not very familiar with the specific Atari systems, I don't remember its name. But I used to play it pretty often at my cousins' house -- they owned video games before I did, despite the fact that my cousin is a year younger.

But the first home console that I actually owned myself was a NES; I never bought an Atari, as my cousins always supplied those games. ~_^[/color]

Guest CryptoNova
My first console was the NES, and a special cartridge which had the original Super Mario Bros. along with Duck Hunt and some Olympic Track...thing.. The Track thing came with a mat that kind of looked like a twister mat. You ran on the sensors, and it tracked your movements. It was really big so you could have lots of people use it.

I wish I still had that...

Guest maaadd_hatterr
My first console was SNES whooo hooo! My first game, of course was super mario world weeeeeeee>> I still have it but it broke T_T So I bought another one from ebay and I love it!! Man I miss the good old days..anyway..I still play those games and works fantabulously wheeeeeeeeeeeeee but I have a GBA SP now so more choices..wqouhqeotho...

[color=teal]I remember having an Atari... but I don't ever remember playing it o.O Having cassettes for games was always kind of cool though; they were so cheap that I managed to fill up a whole sports bag of them.

But regardless of that, my first console was the SNES, and the first game that I owned was the Super Mario World that came with it. I use to get freebies off my friends before I could afford one of my own, heh.

I never had the luxury of owning a NES, and I don't have access to a credit card so I can't buy one online. The only place I actually remember seeing it was in a Computer Exchange in London... but that was years back.[/color]

[quote name='DDG][font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]the first game I played on the demo disc was some kind of war game (not sure what it was called).[/color][/size'][/font][/quote]

[color=teal]Lone Soldier? That game was [i]sweet[/i] man.[/color] :p

[font=Arial][size=1][color=Indigo]The first console I ever played was an Atari 7200, and my Dad had got it for me in an effort to leave him alone when he was busy. I remember that the first game I played was Pitfall... man I loved that game. I could probably breeze it now, but back then when I wasn't so hand-eye coordinated (is that a word?) that I am now, it was insanely dfficult and thus, by extension fun.

I'm not sure but I THINK I remember also playing Altered Beast for Sega MegaDrive for the first time around taht time also, but its all a bit hazy lol.[/color][/size][/font]

My first console was the Sega Megadrive. I was around 4 years old at the time and I asked my dad's work friends if I could borrow it after they brought it to the party. After a few months of giving it back, my aunty gave me hers and I was obsessed with it ever since.

The first game I [i]ever[/i] played was Sonic the Hedgehog I think. It's weird. I don't think I ever played the original Nintendo console, just the Super Nintendo console when I was about 6 at a creche.

I think I still have about forty Sega Megadrive games, two controllers and the joystick/pad controller.

The very first console I ever played on was the original Game Boy.. the large, heavy one that used 4 batteries. It was bought new, and it came with two or three games... I believe tetris, the racing one, and pac man were the ones that came with it. Also, these were the first games I played. Come to think of it... we still have the ol' gameboy around somewhere, and it's still being used by my younger brother at times. I have played on the original Nintendo, Duck Hunt if I recall. Having been born in 1986, I wasn't old enough to own an Atari. (Not that I mind...)

[color=darkviolet]We never had Nintendo at my house, infact, we [i]finally[/i] got an X Box last month and that was purchased by my brother.

But I do remember going down to visit my Aunt Kathy in Texas and she had Nintendo (this was 92 and Nintendo was still the big thing) At first I started shooting at the ducks from a regular distance from the TV, but the dog kept laughing at me so finally my then 10 (I didn't turn 11 until a month after I left) year old brain decided to place the gun right on the screen and I'll be danged if I didn't shoot every duck.

Pleased with my success I tried for the clay discs, but found I sucked at that. But hey, there wasn't a dog taking enjoyment from my displeasure on that game.[/color]

[quote name='Nate][color=purple']Oh, and Chibi, i know exactly who I'm voting for to receive next year's most active member[/color][/quote]

[color=darkviolet]They really have a catergory for that? I'm impressed[/color]

Mine too was an ARTRI, which beloonged to my brother. I cant remenber the name of the first game i played, but it was some skiing game. Chances are the name was actually skiing, they never seemd to have very creative game names. I think we also had Pac man, but skiing was the main time consumor. I remember competeing alot with my brother, but he always won (well, i was about 5), until the day the console broke and we threw it out.

The best system, in my opinion, was the Sega Dreamcast. It had the best games like power stone and Marvel vs. Capcom. It also had the first 3-D sonic games. *sigh* for five years I was cut off from the video game world because my brother overdid it on playing them all the time so it was taken away from the both of us and then I won the Dreamcast in raffle and all was right in the world :D .

My first console was the Nintendo. Not the Super nintendo, just nintendo. All i'd ever do on it was play one of the stupid mario games we had for it and turn it off, having to start all over on the game because the stupid thing couldn't save, or i just didn't know how to save it.

[COLOR=Teal]First game system I have ever played was a Super Nintendo and what else is better than the classic Mario Bros. Game?

Our first game was Mario Bros. and then we got this one game called "Zombies ate our Neighbors" I think. We also had the one were you had to shoot the ducks on the screen.

[/COLOR]

[size=1][color=darkblue]In my younger years, we had no gaming consoles. When my mother started dating my step father, we used to come over here all the time on the weekends. Well, my step brothers had a Super Nintendo. I thought it was the greatest thing ever and I'm pretty sure my first games were the good old Mario, Donkey Kong, and Zelda games. I don't really remember what I played first since I was six. About a year or so later they got a Playstation. I remember playing Destruction Derby, Spiro, 40 Winks, and all those kind of games.... OH and of course Croc, now that was a pimpin game... that was actually the first video game I had ever recieved, so it was EXTRA special.[/color][/size]

Guest Kefka
My first Console was NES and the first game I ever played on it was Zelda, man I still like to play it from time to time. I now have NES, SNES, N64, GC, GB, GBP, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, PSX, ATARI, SEGA GEN, and SEGA DC. To bad only have like one or two games for the old ones. Man I miss the good ol days of Super Mario RPG.

[color=darkviolet]Does anyone besides me remember this stupid NEwspaper boy game that Nintendo had?

The object of the game was to get rid of all your papers by tossing them on lawns and if you didn't deliver the papers you lost customers, but if you did good you got more customers.

I think there may have been more involved, but I don't remember, I just thought it was a screwed up game with just a boy, a bike and papers. Maybe teh occasional dog.

I just remember playing that game and thinking, damn, I could do so much better than this.

Oh and Oregon Trail. That game was just so I don't know what. I don't know if it was ever on a consol, but I remember it on an Apple computer. All my oxen died from exhuation and I think I may have made it to Oregon once. I also think one of my people died from small pox. One from starvation and one from exhaustion. Then they broke a wheel and I quit.

So did anyone else play some of those games as a few of their first video games?[/color]