OtakuBoards

Strange Childhood Memories

ChibiHorsewoman

[color=darkviolet]I read another summer vacation post and got to thinking about what a strange child I was. Then I got to thinking about how I'm a strange adult because I still watch cartoons, and anime and well, I color in coloring books. Then I started thinking about childhood memories that I have, the really strange ones.

Here are a few of mine:

When I was eight my brother and I went sledding in New York's Southern Tier where my dad goes hunting. We were going down this big hill and I ran head first into a tree.

That same year we were sledding at Highland Park and I ran head first into the statue of Frederick Douglas. I also scraped my chin on the ice at the bottom of the hill, that hurt.

When I was seven I was playing barbies with my brother and his ninja turtles along with some other dolls that sufficed as barbie pupils. My brother got mad at me and threw Leonardo at my head.

As you can tell many child hood memories involve my head being attacked. It's amazing how well I function today all things considering. How about everyone else?[/color]

For me many of my childhood memories involved someone getting hurt. I think the excitement of injury made the memory stick verses all the days when nothing interesting happened.

One of my vivid memories was a hot summer day when my older brother was chasing me round the house. My mom got fed up with it and told us to take it outside. I ran out the screen door which I slammed behind me. I thought this is great since it would slow my brother down since he would have to open the door to get out side. Nope, he just ran through the door! :eek: I stopped running to see him standing there in a daze. He looked at me, he turned around and looked at the broken screen door, looked back at me and started to cry. Ah, what a great memory.

I say it is a great memory since it is one of the few of someone besides myself getting injured. ChibiHorsewoman, I am a lot like you. Lots of head injuries. I ran into a fireplace with my head (5 stiches above my eye) and a glass coffee table (2 stiches on my forehead) with my head. It seems I am running headlong into everything. I do have a nice memory of falling off a jungle gym on the 4th of July and breaking my arm! Thank goodness, a memory that doesn't include a head injury! :laugh:

I am surprised my parents didn't make me wear a helmet all the time when I was a kid!

My childhood memories would probably make the writers of [I]The Wonder Years [/I] blush.

I remember when my brother and I were fairly young; I was probably in the first grade. My mother used to baby-sit one of my friends so we'd spend the day there and hang out watching He-Man and playing. But, her brother was a typical big brother figure who teased all of us. It was nothing bad, per se, he was just playing his role. [I]Well[/I], it just so happened, that my brother somehow pissed all over me--and he happened to see it. Now, I don't know [I]why[/I] my brother did this, but it wasn't the first time. I probably had just really bad luck--I don't think he was purposely aiming at me.

But anyway, as I said, her brother saw it and started laughing hysterically--as almost anyone would under these circumstances. I looked ridiculous sitting there crying, dripping with urine. Obviously though, I wasn't happy about the situation--I was pissed (pun intended). So, I did what naturally came to mind. I grabbed a large handful of dirt with dog droppings in it and shoved it directly into his gaping mouth.

I sure had some running to do after that ordeal. :D

Even prior to this, when I was [I]especially[/I] young, I was in the back yard playing, when a stick got caught on my untied shoelace. As I was running around the yard, I saw it following me, but didn't realize it was attached to my shoes. So, logically, I thought it was a monster. I cried and ran around frantically until one of the adults "rescued" me. lol

Lastly, I remember that one of the first sitcoms I ever watched was [I]The Jeffersons[/I]. So, when I went into public, if I saw a black person I would say "Look , mommy it's a George!" Man was she ever embarrassed. :wigout:

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet']...I'm a strange adult because I still watch cartoons, and anime and well, I color in coloring books. [/color][/quote]

[color=crimson][size=1]I am a huge anime fan, I have a box of crayola markers, and a Lisa Frank kittens coloring book. Not to mention within the past month or so I've bought two My Little Ponys and a Barbie. You were saying? lol[/color][/size]

[quote name='Queen Asuka][color=crimson][size=1]I am a huge anime fan, I have a box of crayola markers, and a Lisa Frank kittens coloring book. Not to mention within the past month or so I've bought two My Little Ponys and a Barbie. You were saying? lol[/color'][/size][/quote]

[color=darkviolet]I sit at my computer with my old puppy bright doll corrected.

Hey if the old adage is you're only as old as you think you are is true, then how old are we really?

I do have a memory that doesn't involve my head.

I had been watching TMNT one day and decided to try the moves out myself. I ended up kicking in the plastic door of my little tykes kitchen oven and knocking it over. My mom wasn't very happy.

The memories of that Little Tykes kitchen are very funny tho. I made the best Barbie doll casserole on the block! My mom said so :laugh: [/color]

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]I sit at my computer with my old puppy bright doll corrected.

Hey if the old adage is you're only as old as you think you are is true, then how old are we really?

I do have a memory that doesn't involve my head.

I had been watching TMNT one day and decided to try the moves out myself. I ended up kicking in the plastic door of my little tykes kitchen oven and knocking it over. My mom wasn't very happy.

The memories of that Little Tykes kitchen are very funny tho. I made the best Barbie doll casserole on the block! My mom said so :laugh: [/color][/QUOTE]
::chokes on Coke:: Barbie-dool*gasp*casserole?! Good goddess!

Hmm... well, one day(this is actualy for my brother) we were in the apartment, so Lee had disappeared. Mom thought he was in the kitchen, but when she checked, he wasn't. She saw the backdoor wa open, adn ran out. There sat Lee, with one long stripe of mud from his head of blonde curls to his toes. Mom said, "Son, do you realize that you have a stripe?" Lee gave the biggest grin and said, "Ub hub." :D

One about me... hmm.... Well, I still play with Barbies(I'm 13; it may not be as bad for adults, but for someone my age, you get picked on), I love Lisa Frank, and? um? ^_^; I uh? love talking to my Beanie Babies. I make them play, too. And have adventures. I?m an interesting teenager. Not that I DIDN?T do this stuff before I turned 13 but.. yeah.

Oh! Yeah! I remember now! Well, there were these different bottles(20 ounce; 1 liter;2liter;gallons;exc.) I pretended they were whole families. And they had their own language? man, that was fun? and crazy? ^_^;

A story? Well.. I loved lying the back of the couch, and pouncing people when they sat down. I was a ?jagular?. The couch stayed vacant for while that way?

[SIZE=1][B]Childhood memories are painful >.<

Well... when I was 6, I thought I had rolled down a hill and not hurt myself at all when I was younger. I really thought it was me, and when we went back to the same spot I tried it, and really hurt myself >.< My mum explained that she had taped the dog, Ben falling down the hill and not me, so right now I remember that and I'm like "Wtf?".

Weird...

Oh I remember when we were at this garden place or something in Wales, and we were looking down and waving to my bother. I took my mums hat and through it down, she went the long way to get it, and I went the short way (don't ask...), I ran back up before her and through it down again. Now because I was on the other side I went the short way and got there first, and this went on for ages and people were starring... I was about 7 or something...

Not really as strange as most people, but I just don't get my first one... *shrugs*[/SIZE][/B]

Ah, panful memories are often the ones that we remember. When I was about 4 or so, maybe even three I went to a sleepover at my cousin's house. The one babysittng me didn't want to deal with me, so she put me in a room and shut the dorr. While I tried to open the door, the dresser beside the door rattled. There happened to be a bronze basee lamp sitting on the edge of that I didn't see... you could probably guess what happened next - KLUNK!

It knocked my out, and I woke up in the living room. Apparantly she had heard the fall, and took me out. I wasn't sesverly hurt or anything, seeing as I thought the highlight of that night was that she let me eat all the ice cream that I wanted. I still have an indentation on the top of my head though that I can feel through my hair... I don't remember if she got in trouble or not, but I hope she did. My nearly 18 year old self is a bit indignant at having been shoved away in a room like that.

I used to be a child prodigy. I had above average intellegence and cognitive development. Then it all went downhill. Goddamnit. Now I can hardly count to 10.

My first childhood memories- my VERY first one is waking up in my crib and thinking 'Wow, this is the first day I'll start remembering things'. That is really weird.

Other ones include beating my brother, watching my cousin run into a wooden pole and going to see a shrink. I liked the shrink, I got to play with lots of toys in a sandbox o_o

I also remember computers! I was about six or seven, and I remember going onto the computer to play games and mess up the system files. My dad had to re-install Windows all the time xD I also remember taking the paper which had those hole-y borders and taking the borders off to use them as stencils. My dad used to get angry cause the printer then couldn't grip onto the paper.

I remember Sega Genesis. And Sonic! I still think Sonic is one of the greatest hero's ever.

I also remember a science fair project (this was back in the States) where I did a project to see what dissolved bones the quickest. That was a great project.

[color=#707875]Ahh, childhood memories...

I think that my fondest childhood memory would be when I was in kindergarten. It was there that I met my best friend (who I've now known for some 17 years).

I remember that I was playing by myself on some tan bark, and he walked up to me and asked to play. I can't remember the specifics of the discussion, but I remember how it ended; I pushed him and he fell over and started crying. lol

Come to think of it, I really [i]don't [/i]know why I did that. I was never that kind of kid. Ahem, anyway...

A while later (could have been a day, or a week...or a month -- when you're that old, one day seems like an eternity), I was playing on the monkey bars. In fact, I was pretty proud of myself; I'd managed to climb six whole rungs up from the ground, to the very top. What an achievement for such a short kid, huh? I was [i]so [/i]proud of myself that I lost concentration and fell. On the way down, I bumped my jaw on one of the metal bars, which caused my mouth to bleed.

I was pretty dazed and I had no idea what was going on. One of the teachers took me inside and sat me down on a chair, with a tissue. So I sat there with the tissue on my mouth, while all the other kids played outside.

While this was happening, my friend (who was my arch nemesis at that time) decided that he didn't want me to be alone inside. So he [i]deliberately [/i]headbutted the metal bar and gave himself a massive bruise...lol.

So he was brought inside and he sat next to me, rubbing his head. And the rest is history. ~_^[/color]

[QUOTE=James][color=#707875]While this was happening, my friend (who was my arch nemesis at that time) decided that he didn't want me to be alone inside. So he [i]deliberately [/i]headbutted the metal bar and gave himself a massive bruise...lol.

So he was brought inside and he sat next to me, rubbing his head. And the rest is history. ~_^[/color][/QUOTE]

Awww, that's sweet. ^_^

I once had to get stitches in my face because of an incident involving a lunch tray. :rolleyes:

I remember being excited. I'm pretty sure I had money and I was running up to the snack table to buy fruit roll-ups, which the snack table never, ever had. But they did that day. So, I was running down the aisle between the tables, and I turned to shout something at my friends. When I turned back around, BANG. I ran face-first into the corner of a lunch tray someone was carrying.

I just stood there for a minute, my memory is a little fuzzy on the next few moments. I remember one of the lunch room volunteers coming up to me and asking if I was okay. I felt fine, really, and so that's what I told her. She hurried me out of the cafeteria, in the meantime putting several napkins to my face. I watched as the napkins suddenly turned red with my blood. I don't remember panicking, which strikes me as odd.

From there, I went to the nurse's office. She took a look at my cut, which was about an inch or so below my eye. She told my mom (who had been called down by that time) that I would need stitches, and that she couldn't do that. I was sitting on a chair to the side of the small room with some paper towels pressed to my face and a box of fruit roll-ups in hand. My grandfather, being the wonderful guy he is, had insisted that my mom take a box from his house to bring down to me. He always had them on hand back then.

So, my mom drove me over to Pequot Medical Center. I remember being on the operating table with several people on each side of me. I remember them telling me that I would only get two stitches; one with medicine, and one without. Now that I think about it, those other people might have been there to hold me down. =/

I closed my eyes whenever I saw the doctor lower his hand, and as soon as they were done, I took off. Screw them, I had a box of fruit roll-ups all for myself. :p

[font=Trebuchet MS]Most of my childhood memories also involve head injuries. Mainly getting gashes in my head, and one where I was almost concussed. ^^

The first time I cut my head was when I was chasing my (older, imagine that) brother around the house, with a little construction paper kite depicting batman that I had made around that time in preschool.

So we eventually ended up in my parents room, and since that was a dead end, my brother turned sharply, and went out. Now, you must understand that as a four-year-old, I didn't exactly have the best reaction time, and so when I turned to persue him, I ran head first into the protruding corner of the wall, cutting the top of my head, and causing me to fall to the ground. I don't remember much of it, but all I know is that I was sad because my kite had been ruined due to the blood, and that I had done the same to the carpet.

Another time, when I was about 7, I was playing Red Rover with a bunch of my friends, and I had my back to the driveway (which is gravel). When one of the people ran over to try to break the link, he knocked me over headfirst onto the driveway.

The final time this happened was when I was on the bus, about 9 years old, and I had stolen my friend's lunchbox as a joke. He saw that I had done it, and so he grabbed it. We were both pulling in opposite directions, (I had a window seat) when he said "Fine, take it," and let go. The sent my head into the metal bar of the window. I laughed because I thought it must have been funny, and we continued talking.

When we neared the school, one of the girls told me I had blood dripping from my head. I told the busdriver, and she took me to the nurse. She then called my mom, saying something along the lines of: "He has a one-inch gash on the left side of his head, and is still conscious," which sounds more like she was describing a brutal attack in which I was bludgeoned on the head, with something hard enough for it to make sense that I would be unconscious.

The last time was at my birthday party , the same year I believe, and we decided to put one person on a sheet, while the others swung it back and forth until they finally flew off. When they did this to me, I landed on my head and couldn't see straight and was pretty out of it until the next day.

Yay for head injuries!

[/font]

[color=firebrick] I had this fish when I was about ten or eleven, and I kept it on my desk in my room. Well, one day it was just...[i]gone[/i]. I came to the conclusion that it possibly jumped out and landed somewhere my dog could get at it. I mean, seriously. I couldn't think of any other explanation. >_>

The strange thing is that I found the fish [b]under my candle[/b]. O_o. I don't know if I was sleep-walking or what. That's what I think it is. I've ended up with the shoe closet in the middle of the night before.[/color]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]My dad used to be in the USMC(he's still in the military just a different branch now) but anyway, on one of the bases we were staying on, there were a ton of houses on the street that looked all similar. Woo hoo for base housing. lol. I was maybe 4 or 5 and i'm sitting on my babysitter's stoop, and i'm just looking around and look at my knee...looking back at me is a moth, a big grey moth whose big black eyes made it seem like there were no eyes. I just remember my body freezing, i could feel my scream in my throat, but i was so petrified. A split second later I let out the loudest scream ever and jumped straight off the stoop and ran around and rolled around screaming 'OMG GET IT OFF OF ME GET IT OFF!!!' I was scared so much i was crying...[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Strange childhood memories, huh? The strangest I can think of is always playing in the closet. I always loved playing in there. Don't know why, so don't ask me. But I'd always drag my toys in there and sit in it for hours on end, sometimes all day.

The only memories i have are all painful.
The earlist memory that i have is when my older brother hit my in the face with a saucepan. I remember when it actually hit me and having to use this salt solution to clean my cut for a few days after but i dont remember going to A&E.
My dad cut the top of one of my finger once. He caught his ring on my hand and then there was blood. I was happy in the end though because he brought me a teddy bear to say sorry.
My brother also caused me to cut my hand. I was chasing him up the road then he ran into the house and slamed the door, i put my hand out to stop it and my hand went staight thrpough the glass panel, i was more worried about the door than my hand.
I also got hit on the eyebrow by a hockeystick at school. I had to have the cut glued togther at A&E.
The worst memory that i have is when my dad told me that he was leaving. Lethal weapon 2 was on the telly at the time (dunno why i know that).

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet']I read another summer vacation post and got to thinking about what a strange child I was. Then I got to thinking about how I'm a strange adult because I still watch cartoons, and anime and well, I color in coloring books. Then I started thinking about childhood memories that I have, the really strange ones.[/color][/quote]

[color=teal]Heh, I'm the complete opposite of you and Queen Asuka. At the age of seven I would give assemblies about political issues in school, I knew the effects of smoking in detail, how badly drugs screw with your brain, and [i]a lot[/i] about weapons and the military. Most of that is clogged up now and I don't think it's ever getting out again.

Anyway, my childhood memory was in Primary School. From when I first started, and all the way to year three I had long hair that would reach my hips... everyone use to call me a girl and throw me out of the boy?s toilet whenever I was in there. Not a problem though, after having had my hair cut for the first time in ages I went back into school the next day where I was expecting a hoard of rants about my new look, but man was I surprised.

Apparently, everyone wanted to befriend me and the leader of that group was jealous, as he was use to being the centre of attention, so he picked a fight with me. I kicked the crap out of him so bad that he didn't want to be in my colouring group because he was so scared. :D

Things were pretty sound in school after that, so there's just the one memory for me, thank god.[/color]

Strange childhood memories, eh? I have a few... I think... let's see... one I really remember is this one where I was like... uh... it was sometime after 94. My older brother was fixing the training wheels on my little bike, :sweat: well, he was half way done and I had told him he could stop... I wanted to ride the bike just as it was. One of the training wheels was up and the other one was down. Well, I started out good and then I fell and hit my head... I think I got a small crack in my skull in between my eyes or something... AND BECAUSE OF THIS INCIDENT, I BOYCOTT HELMETS... I was wearing one then. :babble: Another one I think I remember is, one time I was really bored, so I was going to try and do magic tricks... I didn't even know how to do any, lol... I had put this racket ball in my pocket and said some 'magic' words, with my eyes closed. When I opened my eyes the ball wasn't in my pocket... it was under my older brother's little rocking chair. I don't know how much of that is true and what not. Oh... and one time I nearly had my thumb cut off... let's see, it was the Thanksgiving after I turned one... uh... let's just make this one shorter... Hmm... My older brother with a pillow, and me holding a coffee can lid... you put the pieces together. :confuse2:

Man, all I ever remembered about my childhood was....wait...I do have something...>.<

I remember in kindergarten, I brought my St. Bernard and Boxer in for show and tell. The St. Bernard's name was Dane, and the Boxer's name was Blue. Hehehe. Well anyway, they both weighed something mighty fierce, and I showed them to the class. Let's just say that in the end, five kids wound up crying because of a "missing" two cats, a parakeet, and two fish. Don't ask. -.-;;;;;;

Well, many people still consider me a child, but I wanted to put some things anyway.Umm, I think it was in the third grade, I had on four-wheel-skates and I was skating over an electric fence.Well, I thought it was turned off...Boy was I wrong.My wheels got tangled in the fence and it shocked me about every five seconds.OOOWWWW!! It took about 10 minutes for my friend's mom to get the skate off of me, because every time I got shocked, it shocked her through the shoe laces! Talk about some pain right there! lol. :laugh:

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Book Antiqua]Childhood memories...

I remember once, when I was about 3 or 4, i was in Blockbuster. I went searching for a movie that I always got(it had a train in it, and I loved trains back then). I finally found it, and went running throught the isles towards my parents. I tripped on a ladys foot, fell, and cut my lip open on the corner of the movies case. I was rushed to the hospital by my mom, and got 3 stitches on the inside of my lip, and 4[/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua]on the outside.[/FONT] [/COLOR]

I remember one time in my childhood. It was...interesting, yeah; that's the word. ^_^ I was in the mall when I was five, and when my dad wasn't looking, I ran away and into the opposite end of the mall itself. I hid in a JC Penny's clothing rack for about three hours, and when I got bored and came out, three police were standing in front of the rack, and one said, "Here she is."

All in all, I went home without any punishment...Oo Though the best part was, I got a "free" thing of gum. Yeah, it was a "steal." *Wink* XD Hey, I didn't know any better. I was only five! Hasn't anyone ever heard of, "Take your opportunities when you see them?" Well at least I have. :smirk:

[SIZE=1][color=deeppink]One time when I was 5, my mother, father, and I all went to Blockbuster. About an hour later, I couldn't find them anywhere, so I figured they had just left me there. So what did I do?

I did what any normal, logical-minded 5-year old would do. I walked home.

Turns out, they were in the back of the video store the whole time.

-Karma[/color][/SIZE]

[color=darkviolet]Seeing that my mom obviously remembers more from my early childhood than I do I guess I can probably believe some of the things she says.

For example, I had Rainbow Bright and all the Color Kids and I had one of those plastic shopping carts. Well, according to my mom I was pushing the shopping cart around the living room and kitchen with a few Barbie dolls in the front and the color kids in the back. My mom tried to put a few of the color kids up with the BArbies and I said 'No mom, color kids in the back.'

There's also an issue involving the time I fell out of a shopping cart when I was two and got a concusion. Mom says I was leaning too far out of the seat and the whole cart fell over.

And then of course there's all the times I started acting up in Church. But that's too many times to mention in one post.[/color]

To add on another memory, I remember when I was five. *Flashback to a gray, foggy evening*

I was outside playing with my 6 week-old puppy (Meredith), and I was bouncing her ball until I lost control of it. The ball rolled out into the street, and of course Meredith followed it. But right when she reached the sidewalk, she collapsed on her tiny tummy, and whined in that little puppy voice that makes you go, "Awww."

Well anyway, I rushed over to her, being the worried 5 year-old I was, and I didn't know what to do. So instead of running inside to tell about it, I ran about two miles to the vet's office to get her examined. Right when I reached the park (which was just before the vet's), Meredith went limp in my arms and gave a small whine/sigh. So I dropped to my knees and cried my heart out right there. *Was a very sensitive little girl* :(

On the bright side of things, that was the very day I met my childhood love, Kyoji. He comforted me that day, and made me feel much better. ^_^