OtakuBoards

What are you into? ^_^

Guest maroonlagoon3

Guest maroonlagoon3
O.o I'm new here... so what's everybody into?

I'm into music (rock, pop-rock, punk-rock, techno, modern country... u get the picture ^_^) and horses (I'm finally gonna get one!! I'm so happy!) and I'm just getting into anime and manga stuff... (InuYasha, Fruits Basket, Ranma 1/2... and several others so far!) um... art... lotza different stuff ^_^ ...I love playing the guitar and acting... I get myself into a lot of activities from my wide range of interests... which can become quite cramming on my schedule... O.o

So... yeah. Tell me what you're into! It'll be cool to see that... and who all's interested in the same stuff ^_^

Guest Midnight Rush
No Boba Fett... you aren't unique. I am totally into grammar and spelling, as well as thought out, useful, and engaging topics. I am totally into things that make me think, put me on edge, and will stimulate my mind for debate or discussion, thus furthering my knowledge and those who are discussing with me.

Religion, science, poetry, art- anything which keeps my mind in gear. I suppose music as well, my favourite bands being Bjork, Duran Duran, Dream Theater, The Eels, Fuel, Ladytron, Muse, Nightwish, Placebo, System of a Down, The Offspring and The Pillows~ so quite a range really.

My passion at the moment is design and writing, cause I'm re-designing my room to industrial and I am currently writing a novel.

Well, MaroonLagoon3, you and I have quite a bit in common. I also like music, country, and horses, which I'll never have until I move out (how sad, eh? ;_; ). Also, I'm an anime guru and manga guru. Also, I love to act and sing and I have quite a talent for writing, if I do say so myself and I have my friends to back me up on that. In fact, I'm writing a story. It's over 50 pages strong, so I have hope in that!! ^-^ I want to learn how to play guitar. Not the electric kind, the original wooden kind. If I should say, that kind of guitar turns me on. hahaha. . .

[size=1][color=#999999]I agree with Knight, Undefeated, and Boba about grammar. Although, I seem to abbreviate words or put a play on words while I talk on AIM or MSN, it is a pet peeve of mine when I see that people mistake words when writing on OB. It just makes me wonder whether or not they know how to spell or if they ever looked over their post. *sighs* Alas, maybe most are young and they have a long way to go, but...it still is a problem.

I am fond of various things which I wish not to write at this moment for I cannot think of what I am fond of. I am being quite vague, please bear with me.[/size][/color]

[color=seagreen] [/color]
[font=Book Antiqua][color=seagreen]Wow. Is this turning into an English lesson or what? I can't complain, though, because I absolutely adore grammar and good English skills. It drives me insane to hear people talking like redneck retards, but that's just me. I hate it when people misspell words and don't care. I [u]have[/u] to spell words right, even when I'm just taking notes. Also, something else that drives me crazy is when people use the wrong word, such as except instead of accept, or reward and award. *shudders*[/color][/font]
[font=Book Antiqua][color=#2e8b57][/color][/font]
[color=seagreen][/color]
[font=Book Antiqua][color=seagreen]Enough about me, let's talk about me. I enjoy role playing and reading fantasy novels. I like sci fi, action, and fantasy movies. Actually I like most movie genres. I like listening to punk rock, techno, and a select few rap songs. I am an avid MegaTokyo fan and sometimes delve into other manga. I am a fan of text files and zines, PLA being my favorite. I watch plenty of TV, some of my favorite shows include Arrested Development, Conan O'Brien, Sienfeld, The O.C. (no, I'm not afraid to admit it), The Simpsons, and King of the Hill. I love Chinese food, Ramen Noodles (Maruchan), and FuFu Berry Jones Soda.[/color][/font]
[font=Book Antiqua][color=#2e8b57][/color][/font]
[color=seagreen][/color]
[font=Book Antiqua][color=seagreen]Well, that about covers it for now. Chiao![/color][/font]

Guest Midnight Rush
Can I ask you, what are you going to do with a horse? Obviously you are thinking of riding and petting, but have you considered the cost for food, stabling (Is that a word?), your own training in its care, and medical care? I would guess you are looking at over 1000$ a year, but ChibiHorseWoman would know more than I would. I hope your dad is rich...or you have a good job.

Guest Dragon Myth
hello maroon, I'm probably more new than you. I'm into the same types of music, yet sadly it seems that is the only simularity. I'm into literature as well, and games. Many games (especially RPGs) I like. I also like Anime and paintball. and that's basically what i like. (And I'm sorry if I misspelled anything for those perfectionists out there.)

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue][B][COLOR=Purple]Anime, anime, anime[/COLOR]! I love drawing anime characters but really have no time for it.
I love [COLOR=PaleGreen]music [/COLOR] everything except alternative rock. I like anime music especially classical. I also play the piano and is hoping to play an anime score someday.

I'm into 3d [COLOR=Plum]graphics [/COLOR] so anything made by Pixar is really good for me. I like good animation and just about anything that has to do with graphics (photography, digital video...) I'm into simple non-linear video editing using Adobe Premier... not professional though. I'm really sensitive when it comes to graphics... and sounds, so I like good sounds.

[COLOR=SandyBrown]RPGs[/COLOR]... i love RPGs... Final Fantasy, Suikoden...etc. Fanfics, interior designing, fashion...

I'm also into [COLOR=Pink]movies[/COLOR]... humor, romance, fiction, investigative...

On [COLOR=DarkOrange]the other side[/COLOR], i'm into life teachings, books that have really good content about life, i'm into interpreting dreams, astrology, angels, vampires...

well there's a lot more and i think this lifetime is not enough to do all these things... but... I entrust them all to the Lord... no, i'm not religious, just a believer.

and in addition to the english lesson... i'm not into grammar that much but i am into spelling and, um, lots of "..." when writing.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

At least some people managed to answer the initial post without being too rude... Regardless that it was pretty spammy to begin with.

Anyway, Hi maroonlagoon3. ^_^ You seem to have gotten enough sarcasm and criticism for your usage of grammar, so I'll go ahead and answer your question:
I'm interested in a whole bunch of stuff, but at the same time, not much at all. (Wow, try making sense!) I fit in to the geek stereotype pretty well. (Besides my appearance >_< ) I love anime, especially the more rare stuff?shounen-ai! And dubs disgust me. I've been playing RPG's since I was little, but I find that I've run out of quality RPG's to play. (And time to play them ^^; ) But yes, video games in general, and I'm quite a movie-goer as well. I'm also very interested in digital media and film, and have shot a few during my first year at university. It's a lot of fun!

KnightOfTheRose, I think your post was pretty unnecessary... Isn't it spelled "monochromatic" anyway? ^^;

~adempton

[color=teal]I like monochromatic posts too. I like perspicuous posts as well. I'm not going to nag you anymore about your grammar because I think you get the point.

The music I listen to usually contains R&B, some Rap, and Rock. I like Linkin Park, New Found Glory, and other music of that type. Eminem is okay, I like Kanye West, Beyonce, Ashanti, Usher... ect.

I like to write too. Not too much though. I let my friends proof read my stories and they critisize me about my grammer sometimes.

I love to draw! Drawing is my favorite past-time. There are times when I can draw perfectly and others where I just should have left my skecth pad alone.

Movies? I like action movies. Some horror and humor. My favorites being the LOTR Trilogy. I like Spirited Away, Lilo & Stitch, Monsters Inc., The Last Samurai, Scary Movie 3, anything with Adam Sandler in it, there is a large variety.

Reading is good too. I like the Harry Potter books. I like to read manga! I like to pretend to read my doujinshi.

Last is Anime. I love anime, obviously. My favorites being YYH, Fruits Basket, Full Metal Panic, .Hack//Sign, Inu Yasha, Samurai X/Rurouni Kenshin, and FLCL. There might be more but I really don't have the time to type them all.[/color]

Hmmm, interesting.

Well as school related, I really enjoy hard classes. I take as many AP classes as possible. I mean, hey- regular classes, I find boring. Thus boring means sleepy. Hence, sleepy means failing. *Thumbs down* Uber bad.

In other news, sports are good. I do track and soccer to keep me and my six pack good and going. *Strikes a pose* XD I like soccer because it...hold on...GOOOAAAL! Ok, where was I? Oh yeah. I like track, just for the excercise. Gotta have a healthy heart!!! *Sings motto* 'Cause nobody can say no, to Honey Nut Cheeios! :smirk:

Well now, food is something I'm definately into. But who isn't? I mean, I'd have to say my FAVORITE food is a tie between alligator and scallop. Hey, it may sound uber weird, though they are actually pretty good.

Hmmm...*thinks hard* I'd say that I really enjoy writing. But I've only started to write. Now if you wanna see someone who likes to write, ask my big OB sis Eli. *Whispers* She's now writing her 17th book. Mercy!

Anyway, I definately like extreme rides. If a roller coaster is 200 feet high and goes 60 miles per hour, backwards, floorless and on you're lying on your back; then I gotta say I'll be riding it.
~~~~~~
The only thing I'm NOT really into is....*drumroll* TV. I've lost interest in the tube for some reason. Maybe because it's just me. I wonder if anyone else feels the same way...Oo Oh well.

Guest .:Soleil:.
Wow...there was alot of sarcasm involving grammar.

Anyways, I enjoy country myself, sometimes. Mostly for me its JRock, Rock, Metal, and pretty much any off-shoot of that...I actually have a playlist with Metallica, Miyavi, Gackt, Tool, System of a Down, Muse, Dredg, and Dir en Grey making up the main portions of it...with my real passion, Cowboy Bebop thrown in there somewhere. Anyways, I enjoy alot of Anime and Manga, pretty obviously...I love to write, though. Anything. Even HTML code. As long as I can create something with it, I enjoy doing it...so I guess that makes me kind of wierd, eh? Oh well.

I enjoy roleplaying and RPG's alot as well, but havent been playing as often...hmm. Oh well.

[size=1][color=#999999]Beautiful. Just beautiful, Undefeated. I was looking at the past posts and I agree with Knight, Boba, and mystic_silver about monochromatic posts, as well as perspicuous posts. Why do people like to change the colors around when they can just change the font style?

I would also like to add, who gives a flying crap about sarcasm and criticism? In life, there is nothing [i]but[/i] criticism and sarcasm. If you want to develop your skills in whatever you do, for example- writing an RPG, then criticism and sarcasm are your best friends. No matter how harsh, you've got to look at the best of things and better yourself in what you have done wrong.

On another point, there is one more thing I wish to add. Congrats to Undefeated for that beautiful post. It is just...welcoming and warm. ^_^. But, on topic here, what is unnecessary in the OB, adempton? I can see that you are a new member here and perhaps you do not know what is relevant and irrelevant. And also, perhaps some people like to have correct grammar and spelling in their posts and help those who have missed their mistakes. If you wish to speak about "rude", then perhaps you should go and look at other threads and see what opinions arise on certains topics.

Oh, and another thing, this thread is supposed to be about what we are into, no? Then it was not "spammy" of Knight to post that he is into monochromatic posts. Am I correct? If you wish to debate this with me, I am happy to do so. But, I strongly advise that you gather information and knowledge before waving your "SPAM" hammer around and flailing people's posts.

Although...I wish to thank you for your time, it is not out of thanks. It is out of great urge to stop me from screaming and pounding these posts! It is like I am living in a nightmare where these newbies are roaming around, criticizing older members' works! Will no one wake me up? Will no one come and save me from these horrid dreams that haunt me?[/size][/color]

Guest Midnight Rush
[QUOTE=Arika][size=1][color=#999999]Beautiful. Just beautiful, Undefeated. I was looking at the past posts and I agree with Knight, Boba, and mystic_silver about monochromatic posts, as well as perspicuous posts. Why do people like to change the colors around when they can just change the font style?

I would also like to add, who gives a flying crap about sarcasm and criticism? In life, there is nothing [i]but[/i] criticism and sarcasm. If you want to develop your skills in whatever you do, for example- writing an RPG, then criticism and sarcasm are your best friends. No matter how harsh, you've got to look at the best of things and better yourself in what you have done wrong.

On another point, there is one more thing I wish to add. Congrats to Undefeated for that beautiful post. It is just...welcoming and warm. ^_^.

Oh, and another thing, this thread is supposed to be about what we are into, no? Then it was not "spammy" of Knight to post that he is into monochromatic posts. Am I correct? If you wish to debate this with me, I am happy to do so. But, I strongly advise that you gather information and knowledge before waving your "SPAM" hammer around and flailing people's posts.[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=KnightOfTheRose]That was sexy. I'm into everything sexy. Sexy stuff is best to get into when it pokes fun or puts down. That was sexy, Undefeated.
I'm into Undefeated.[/QUOTE]

First off, thanks to both of you, for that is high praise indeed. Now back to commenting on Arika's post, and then saving myself by getting back on topic (somewhat)

I always wondered about the colors myself. It is an interesting question, and I think the root of the answer is found in immaturity (or a liking for spasmatic things, but whatever lol).

By immature I mean that they seek attention through flashy "style" rather than quality. A comparison is that of a basketball player: If one can dunk, and I mean moster dunks (360's, Windmills, ect.), you can attract attention. That said, in a game if you cannot rebound, or shoot jumpers, make freethrows, put on defensive pressure, you won't have the attention for long. Kobe Bryant got his fame by dunking, but he kept it by shooting and defending (and adultery, but taht is another topic).

That, I think, is very similar. I do not belive `hEvN understands that while her/his flashy colors are getting it attention, its not good attention... `hEvN, I offer you this advice:

Be like Kobe Bryant (minus the adultery and possible abuse), not like Penny Hardaway (A hugely hyped dude who flopped two years after he was drafted).

(The reason this is on topic is that this sort of thing is what I am "in" to.)

[color=darkviolet]I'm into things involving intellect.

Oh and maybe some things that could get my license suspended, I drive about twenty miles over the speed limit shh!

I'm also a lover of sarcastic wit. The kind that's slightly cutting, but at least well thought out. I don't like when person just acts rude to feel cool or get attention. Infact I find that quite infantile and then I have this sudden urge to do bad things to such people.

I enjoy a well thought out debate and discussuions where two people or more respect eachothers opinions but it's still pretty good. If I can agree to disagree with someone and they will respect my opinions, I think I can still get along with such a person even if I find him or her too conservative at times.

I also enjoy good spelling and grammar. Okay, so sometimes a few letters of mine are screwed up, but I don't get online until after midnight most times, so I deserve a break. I do try to fix such things.

Well, that's me in a nutshell except for the obvious horseback riding, anime, reading, and writing diversions. Oh and driving and shopping. I have more, but that would just be adding on to make my post look longer.[/color]

I'm into punching people in the face for needlessly correcting my grammar or spelling--unless it's for an important function like something school-related. If I'm just chilling and someone has to make it a point to needlessly correct me, I take it as pettiness. I'm not taking a sly jab at anyone in this thread--so I hope no one gets offended. I was merely reminded of it by reading through the discussion.

I'm also interested in exercising, of course. That's very enjoyable for me. I saw a picture of myself from about a year ago and I was astounded by the difference. Some people find working out rather boring and tedious, but it's completely recreational for me.

Playing video games is also nice--although I haven't been playing them a lot for quite some time. I've only completed two games from start to finish in the last year--and they were both fairly short. At this time, I don't plan on picking any more up until August or September.

Creative writing can be fun too if I'm in the mood. There's nothing more satisfying than finishing one of my little projects. The responses are usually gratifying too.

Females are also good--although I?m not obsessed with hooking up or anything. It?s actually quite the opposite for the time being.

well as my avatar implies i like nitro and anything that runs on nitro including muh little RC truck thats a foot long and will do 45MPH but ill get to that when i feel like it i also like music artists like Charlie Daneil's Band Simon and Garfunkle and The Rollin Stones come to mind i also like Disturbed and Kenny Loggins o and be4 u start goin around sayin things like theres a creepy old guy on the forums im only 14 im also into anime and not being bored ^>.>^ ^<.<^ i also like to watch Ed Edd n Eddy lolz mesa ish here one last thing is i like to use smilies :fart: :blowup: :bash: :flush: :alcohol: are the funnyest in my opionion o well

I'm into only three main things: piano, writing and music.

I've been into piano ever since I was three, so I guess I'm stuck with it. It kind of ties into my writing, because it inspires me with new ideas about what should happen next in my stories. I really enjoy making up my own songs, but I have a few pieces I learn to play from the piano books and such.I like to write because I'm the one who says what happens, blah blah blah. I love to add twists to my stories, and put int plenty of detail; stuff like that. Music wise, I basically like anything but country. But my absolute favorites are rock, techno and classical. ^_^

[font=Verdana][size=2]Music, BMXing, and not much else really. I enjoy hanging out with my friends, but that to me isn't classed as a hobby. Computers is something I do as a hobby, though I don't really have a [i]big[/i] interest in it, I only surf the net or play games or whatever because I'm bored or lazy.. if I was really lazy I wouldn't even get out of bed. :smoke:[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]School is at the bottom of my 'things of interest' list. I can't stand school.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][QUOTE][i]Eli's signature[/i][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=darkgreen]People are like Slinkies- they have no use whatsoever, but you can't help but smile when you push one down the stairs.[/QUOTE][font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000000]Nah.. what a mad sig.[/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font]

To be honest, regardless of the poor quality of grammar and text around here, I find it highly unnecessary to go around correcting everyone else. And that goes to you too Arika. It was funny when Boba did it, and a couple of other times, but going on and on about it was just simply unnecessary.

People learn and that's that. When I first got here, I was a terrible poster. I even got warned once for flaming a certain unforgettable Moderator *Ahem* Kuja *Cough*. But then I learnt. It's just a matter of time.

In my humble opinion, to categorise members who haven't been around here for a long time as 'newbies', is something quite derogatory. I understand that at first there was the title 'Newbie' for a new member, but still to go around and associate crappy post quality and stupidity with a 'newbie' is terrible.

Now I understand that there has to be a line drawn for where this kind of behaviour can go. But that's the [b] Moderator's[/b] and [b]Admin's[/b] duty. Not another member to try and enforce the rules to try and get into the staff's good books.

I'm sure [i]some[/i] people here didn't sign up to a very friendly message board to be treated as if it were some English class. Some people almost find this place as a sanctuary to get away from the real world. So just give these people some patience.

And as far as the thread starter goes, their post wasn't [i]terrible[/i]. Sure there were some abbreviations here and there, but at least it didn't consist completely of shortened words.

And one final note on this argument. I for one, don't read books and participate in RPG's to put forward or recieve criticisms and sarcasm. I just take it as it comes in the real world.

*Ahem* Back on topic. To be honest I simply enjoy Jazz. It really soothes me, but as does Techno (Though I must admit, I don't listen to a lot of that). I also am into video games seeing as I have been since I was four years old. I don't know why but I can be drawn in quicker to them than I can with books and magazines which I am also into.

Too bad my tastes change quite frequently, heh.