OtakuBoards

What are you into? ^_^

Guest maroonlagoon3

well music wise: lincoln park, blink182, sum41, gc,yellowcard,jojo,etc... :)

school wise: nothing except drama,shakespear,and chorus :babble:

Internet wise: everything :D

friend wise: ppl who r wierd like me!!!!! :stupid:

wellll...anime wise : of course inuyasha, cowboy bebop, family guy,etc...

well thats it! bye!

There are lots of things I'm into.

I'm into music. (Piano and radio) :D Music is what keeps me going everyday; whether I'm happy or sad; or sometimes annoyed.

I am definitly into anime. I like all kinds, as long as there's humor. I can't even make a list of what anime I like. It's a really long one.

Also,I'm into food, jokes, adventure, exploring, science, math, computer, TV, mangas, magazines, responsibility, and most of all DDR! :D

Definitly Dance Dance Revolution; it's one of my favorite hobbies. It provides me enjoyment and good exercise! :D :D

Eh, why not?

In the past few months, my love of reading and writing has blossomed, mostly due to the fact that I started doing these activities on my own time rather than being forced to do them for some school related project. I cannot tell you how much better my life has become now that I really enjoy reading and writing again, heh. When it comes to novels, I enjoy stories that are off-the-wall and I'm a fan of black humor and satire (like what you would fine in [i]Catch-22[/i] or [i]Slaughterhouse-Five[/i] for example).

Speaking of humor, I really enjoy comedy of all sorts. Slapstick, jokes, satire, political humor, random humor, whatever...I just like sitting back and having a good laugh at the bizarre nature of life. Sometimes, you just have to be able to laugh at things.

I'm a pretty big gamer, have been for a long time, but like Charles, I haven't been gaming as much lately. I've developed this nasty habit of leaving games unfinished; I have several games on my shelf right now that I've come close to beating, but I haven't beaten yet. I'm really lazy about that sort of thing, I guess. But from time to time, I still enjoy sitting down and having a good gaming session, however long it may last, heh.

Music's become a big part of my life, as well. I have next to no talent at all when it comes to creating music, but listening to it makes for a good time. I listen to a wide variety of music, but most of my absolute favorites fall under the all-encompassing genre of rock (I'm trying to keep it as general as possible, here). Sonic Youth, Pixies, Nine Inch Nails, The Beatles, Queens of the Stone Age, The Jesus and Mary Chain and Radiohead are some of my favorites, just to give you a general idea of what I enjoy listening to.

Guest lavalamp
[QUOTE=Mr. Maul][color=seagreen] [/color]
[font=Book Antiqua][color=seagreen]Wow. Is this turning into an English lesson or what? I can't complain, though, because I absolutely adore grammar and good English skills. It drives me insane to hear people talking like redneck retards[/color][/font][/QUOTE]

I, personally, am into people who aren't condescending and ignorant enough to judge a person's intelligence by how accurately they type. I am also into not making prejudice remarks regarding handicapped people of any sort.

I'm into bondage and the dark Hollywood arts.

[color=darkviolet]I'm into people with a sense of humor, but that's just me.

I really love cross country jumping, it's one of my biggest obsessions since I learned right after Christopher Reeves had his accident. Nice timing huh?

I find the jumps to be an exhileration much like flying, or driving about 95 MPH down a practically deserted back road in Texas (which I've done :devil: )

Out of the activities I can't partake in because of my pregnancy, that's the thing i miss the most. I can't wait until my six week appointment when my doctor tells me if I can start back up or not.

I know some of you may think I sound a bit selfish since it was my idea to get pregnant, but in all fairness, I missed out on an entire year in Texas so I think I can still morn the loss of my riding for seven months or so.

I also like to ride my bike along the bike paths on the Erie Canal. I plan to take that back up as soon as I can. I can't do it right now because both my doctor and my best friend say I'll lose my balance. And my husband is a bundle of nerves about the baby.

Oh and amusement parks like SIx Flags. I love the rollercoasters!

What I can do right now that I enjoy is write off beat fanfiction. With strange topics like Trowa Barton from Gundam Wing wearing a school uniform from T*A school for girls because he has to protect Hino Rei from SailorMoon. Go figure.

I can also feign insanity and I like to offer my input on different topics. All and all I'm generally a crazy person who's fun to be around. At least in my personal opinion.[/color]

[quote name='Arika][size=1][color=#999999]...what is unnecessary in the OB, adempton? I can see that you are a new member here and perhaps you do not know what is relevant and irrelevant.[/size'][/color][/quote]

It's at times like these that I really have difficulty suppressing my inner flamer. Old members do not deserve more respect than newcomers; if anything, they should know better than to bore others with their arrogance and holier-than-thou rhetoric.

[QUOTE=Arika][size=1][color=#999999]I would also like to add, who gives a flying crap about sarcasm and [B]criticism[/B]? In life, there is nothing [i]but[/i] [B]criticism [/B] and sarcasm....

...It is like I am living in a nightmare where these newbies are roaming around, [B]criticizing[/B] older members' works! Will no one wake me up? Will no one come and save me from these horrid dreams that haunt me?[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

How very amusing (though unintentionally so)...

Anyway, I'm into anime/manga and reading. The former is a pretty expensive hobby, so I usually borrow regular novels from the library in order to avoid spending money on them. For some reason I seem to get more mileage out of DVDs--perhaps I'm just pickier when it comes to books. I have rather specific tastes, although there's little I won't read if someone I trust recommends it. Barring that, I mostly stick with fantasy, older romantic novels like [I]Jane Eyre[/I] and comedic science fiction.

~Dagger~

[FONT=Georgia]I'm into gothic music and drawing is my passion since I was a child. I started writing poetry and novels when I was 10 yrs of age. I play electric guitar and I'm in a band as the singer and lead guitarest of "WickedTears". I am from Japan so I do some origami (one of my things that amuses me for past time). I love skateboarding but currently im in a cast right now >.< dont ask it's a long story. Running Car, Dare, Grind, Fall, are the keywords lol. Anyways, writing is my passion as I have been writing for years. I like anime such as Inuyasha, Rerouni Kenshin, Tenchi Muyo, Cowboy Bebop, DragonBall GT, and many more. I like mythology and Cathedrals in New Orleans and England. I am gothic as you may already see by my Nickname lol.
I love the bands, Orgy, A.F.I. Disturbed As I lay Dying and more. Led Zepplin is like one of my fav bands. I speak my native language, Japanese and some Russian and but of course English ^_^. Thats it.[/FONT]

Hmmm, wut am I into? Music of course! I like hardcore punk bands, especially The Misfits, and a bunch of underground punk bands nobodys probably heard of. I also like tons of heavy metal and hard rock, plus alot of classic rock, especially AC/DC. I also kick *** at skating and would like to get sponsored and become a pro someday. I also play electric guitar and I plan on starting a band eventually. Other than that, I play football and wrestling. The rest of my life is just going online, hanging out with friends, and being wit my girlfriend. Oh ya, I have one other weird interest. I know it's really odd for a person my age but i'm really into politics. I know all about it and I follow it and stuff. Hopefully my dad will let me go see Farenheit 9/11 in theaters soon, I dunno if you've heard about it or not, but it's a political movie directed by Michael Moore and it's pretty much his views on the Bush administration and what he thinks is wrong with it. I suggest going to see it. Well, later!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest maroonlagoon3
O.o ...I didn't realize how people felt about their grammar and all... I'm used to pretty casual message boards. Thanks for all of you who still like me anyways ^_^

Was this a spammy topic? If so... sorry! I wanted to meet people and wasn't sure where to start... *hangs head in shame* I guess I'm still getting used to the atmosphere around here...

...so yeah, to those of you who were pissed by my post: I'm really sorry! and for those of you who backed me up even though you don't even know me: ...Thank so much! ^_^ It was fun reading through and finding out what people are interested in besides anime and manga.

And for those of you interested in my horse situation, I just bought her a few days ago and she's doing fine- yes I've taken into consideration finances and stuff...

So yeah, I didn't know this was going to make people so irritated! I'll try not to post other things like that...

[size=1]I am into music. Everything except rubbish music, incredibly heavy/violent music and country.

I am into books. Girls. Sport. Technology. Fun. Anti-homework. Girls. Spelling. Grammar. Manners.

God I'm boring. In all seriousness though, I am into music, mainly.

[b]Edit[/b]: I've thought of some more things. I like hockey and soccer to be particular, and I feel really good afer a good game of indoor hockey. I mean, you've played well, and you're about to fall over from exhaustion- but it is great. I am into attempting to get a good stomach. I've been working on it for about three months now...it is part of a dare, but mostly just for the hell of it. I'd like to be fit and reasonably strong. I can hope. Book-wise I like most nearly everything. And yes, you can use that as a syntax. With my music, I like playing it as loud as I can, and at the moment I particularly enjoy The Hives, Little Birdy, Coal Chamber, The Vines, Blueline Medic and Guano Apes. I love staying in bed past the alarm, especially on the freezing cold mornings we have in Australia. Speaking of which, I love Australia. I hate people who are deliberately annoying, whingers and pushy people. So, you could say I'm not into them. I love dogs. I don't watch TV much anymore, but I do like The Wild Thornberrys, heh. As with most guys, I appreciate hot girls. I love my food, and I love a good mix of being active [not chores] and being lazy.[/size]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]I like movies, anime, and well that's all.[/COLOR]

The anime episodes or movies I like are: FLCL, Naruto, Excel Saga (Yeah, I know it's weird but I like it.) Saya: The last Vampire (Great Movie) Beyblade, and well more, but they don't come to mind yet.

Movies: The Matrix, Final Destintation (Ok) Scary Movie 3 , Texas Chainsaw Masicare (I do have more they just don't come to mind.)

[color=crimson][font=tahoma]i am in2 gramur & speling 2 it iz annoyign whn ppl dont spel thingz right >.< itz like "duhhhh!!!!11 wtf r u doin?!" & i feel smartur bcuz of my gramur & speling! mebbe like a techer or sumthin!!! o ya, i corect der gramur & speling when it iz wrong all da time i think dey like dat, hehe ^^''

*hums* Yes, quite.

Hm... *eyes Baron* I enjoy "rubbish music". You know, the incredibly violent/heavy kind of rubbish-I don't think I listen to any other kinds of rubbish, but that stands to opinion, doesn't it? Aside from my rubbish I listen to [hard] rock, classical and trance- particularly the rock part. Soundgarden, Poison the Well, Opeth, Mastodon, Deftones and At The Drive In are the bands I frequently listen to.

I like learning about history. Mainly post-Napoleonic history. This has caused a unhealthy obsession with guns, tanks and planes- particularly Russian tanks, American planes and WW2 Germany guns. Mmm. *strokes G43"

I dabble into philosophy and physics- they seem to go hand in hand sometimes. I am no scholar on the subjects, but they intrigue me and I would adore the opportunity to delve into them further- I especially want to fully understand the quantum immortality theory.

I love studying religions scientifically- especially modern, mainstream ones. I'm an agnostic and biased towards being anti-insertyourreligionhere, at least for now [it's immature, I'm trying to just retain an unbiased viewpoint of religion but personal things from my past make me have a slight hatred for religion].

Of course I watch anime- too much, maybe. I do the typical gaming too- mainly RPGs, TRPGs and strategy games. I do some twitch games sometimes, but I prefer to have a little bit of intellect with my pixels. Most of my money is sent into games, heh.

Finally, I like to read. Anything, everything- sci fi, romance novels, non-fiction. Right now I'm reading "Nueromancer" by William Gibson. Good book.

That's about it. Heh.[/color][/font]

I'm bored. This will be reflected in how damn long this is likely to be.

I guess the main thing I am into is music. I try to be open-minded about it, but I very obviously listen to various types of rock the most... whether that is metal, punk or whatever else. Music is my blood and I really don't think I'd survive long without it. Well, I could survive, but I'd likely go insane.

I also play music, but like most things I do, I don't feel I'm all that great at it. The main instrument I play is the tenor saxophone (although I've done alto, soprano and baritone at times), although "play" is a bit misleading since I rarely pull it out of the closet anymore. I also like to pretend I know how to play keyboard and guitar, but I basically suck beyond the really basic basics.

I play a lot of video games. Less recently, but still a good amount. I find myself not playing them for weeks at a time until a really good game comes about, though. I've been into them since I got my NES for Christmas one year in the '80s. I had an Atari 2600 before that, but the NES definitely is what sold me on video games. I'd say my favorite genre would be RPGs, although I generally am not too fond of a lot of the more popular stuff (FF included, lately, although FFXII looks bad ***). Dragon Quest is my favorite series (helps that it was my first) and my favorite publisher is probably Atlus.

I love cartoons. They're probably 95% of the television I watch. Other than the "mature" stuff like The Simpsons, Clerks, Family Guy and Futurama, I watch a lot of younger aimed stuff. This also carries over into animated films, particularly the golden years of Disney and their Masterpiece Collection. I'd say my favorite is Alice in Wonderland.

I read lots of comic books. I was never really into them until maybe a year ago, now. I won't pretend to know tons about the industry and everyone involved, but I've been reading up on things I haven't known already or figured out over the past year. Prior to that, I had read random manga for several years. Now, however, I really couldn't care less about manga. I'm all about Western comics (same goes for my disinterest in anime now). My favorites include The Walking Dead, Runaways and Human Target, among others.

I make web sites for enjoyment. I'm really not that good, as far as I'm concerned. I can code adequately, but I'm definitely average at it. I think my main skill is that I'm able to work both the technical side and the art side myself. From what I've seen people are generally either good at one or the other. You either wind up with an almost unusable artsy site or a ridiculous looking techy site. I'd like to think I'm somewhere in the middle.

I love animals. I've had a lot of pets. Other than the dogs,turtles, fish, frogs and rabbits my family has owned, I've personally had a pet oscar (fish), chamelons, two ferrets, guinea pigs and rats. Rats were, by far, the best pets I've ever had. Sadly, they really don't live long compared to similiar animals. I still miss those guys. Currently, I have one of the ferrets. Her name is Kit.

Lastly, I'm quite into Sarah... who I talk to more than anyone else I can think of lol.

That about covers it, I suppose.

Hmmm... what am I into? I'm like most people here yet very unique...

Yeah, like a lot of people, I'm into music, practically everything except country and rap... But techno is my favorite type, and pop as well. But I mainly like things with a good tune and not that much cussing. (Some rap songs have too much cussing--I hate that!)

I'm also into anime/cartoons--anything animated appeals to me! I watch mainly cartoons on TV, especially on channels like WB and Cartoon Network... Things with superheroes or cute little monsters/creatures appeal to me the most... like Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Powerpuff Girls, X-Men, Teen Titans, Kirby... O.o

I can't believe so many people here are into spelling and grammar--I'm not! I'm usually good at spelling/grammar, but sometimes I make typos and stuff and I'm too lazy to edit it...

I'm also into computers, especially drawing on the computer and going on the internet. I just love forum sites and sites where you can download music (not illegally!) and scattered sites like Neopets... ...

I'm also into writing stories and poems/songs and stuff... In fact, I'm gonna take a creative writing class in school next year!

RPGs are a favorite of mine, like a lot of you... I started liking them, well, when I came here! ...Or I just love roleplaying in any form, but one of my favorite parts is designing a character...

Strangely, a lot of those characters have [spoiler]psychic powers[/spoiler] of some sort--another thing I'm into, or even completely obsessed with for some strange reason... I'm even embarrassed to say the word without putting in a spoiler tag over it... No, I don't mean the fake kind that astrologists use... Though I'm quite into that as well... I like to predict the future by reading cloud patterns or something... (which is hard to do in the summer since there usually are no clouds) OK, I'll stop talking now... *hides and blushes*

Oh, I'm also into drawing... I can draw basically anything well except for birds and people... except for little kids and cute birds... But I just love (especially) to draw characters I created... whether it's by hand or on the computer... *points to her avatar, which she drew*

Oh, there are more, but I won't list them all... (I can't believe I said the second to last one!) *slaps herself on the head* Oh well...

Guest Oblivion
Aye, I guess I'll take a moment to share what I?m 'into', this being my first post and all :P.

[quote name='Fall']Music, BMXing, and not much else really. I enjoy hanging out with my friends, but that to me isn't classed as a hobby. Computers is something I do as a hobby, though I don't really have a big interest in it, I only surf the net or play games or whatever because I'm bored or lazy.. if I was really lazy I wouldn't even get out of bed. [/quote]

Heh, the similarities are uncanny ^_^.
I BMX, and have been doing so for about 4 years... For a large majority of that time, it was my main 'priority', being pretty much the [B]only[/B] thing I did.
But lately, well, maybe not lately, the past year or so, I haven't quite been into the 'BMX scene' as much as I was, I've been shifting my attention more upon other things, such as music, friends school, studies, ect...

As for music, it has become a large part of who I am. I generally listen to various 'genres' of metal, though I really don?t care for most American/'new' metal, I listen more so to Scandinavian metal, which normally tends to be more 'melodic' or 'symphonic... Bands such as; In Flames, Dimmu Borgir, Children of Bodom, Arch Enemy, Old Man's Child, Opeth, ect... But I still enjoy listening to some of the 'older' stuff, like Slayer, Megadeth, and Metallica (stuff from their earliest albums, like Call of the Ktulu, Am I evil, ect.)
I also play the guitar (been playing a few years), and such bands are what normally 'inspire' me to continue playing, and learn new things... But unfortunately I wont be playing for a while, because of a recent BMX accident (broke my elbow >_<)

Another thing I enjoy, of course, is anime (I mean, come on, that one's a bit obvious :P). Some of my favorite animes are Hellsing, FLCL, Trigun, InuYasha, Wolf's Rain, Love Hina, and GunGrave, but I generally like all animes (well, out of what Ive seen, other than a select few ^_^)

Eh, other than that I practice Qi Gong, and dabble in eastern 'energy arts' and the like. I?ve been doing Qi Gong and internal practices for a year or so, and accompanied with that, I study the 'dynamics' of the energy body, according to eastern paradigm (chakras, meridians, ect...).