Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
pleae try to anwer these riddles. Evey time someone anwers the riddle correctly I will add a new one so pleae try and answer them. Here's the first riddle.


It cannot be seen, cannot be felt
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter.

Try to answer
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[quote name='Turdle']Hmm, my guess is 'nothing'.[/quote]

your answer is not the correct one just ask yourself what is in empty holes. If three more people miss the answer I will just give the answer and add the next riddle.
Posted
I don't get it, how can dark end life and kill laughter? is it metaphorical or dark in the literal sense? What is the interpretation of dark here?
Posted
The point is you can't see anything in the dark, you don't see the dark, you see nothing (the definition of dark being the absence of light, making it actually impossible to see).
Posted
Grrr! Lord of the Rings! No, the Hobbit, by JRR Tolkein. (Golumn to Bilbo) I've read the books. Here's one...

If there are 5 apples on the counter and you take away 2, how many do you have?
Posted
[SIZE=1]I get the feeling that this is not a simple case of subtraction but I'll kick myself later if I don't at least make the obvious guess. 5 apples subtract 2 apples leaves [B]3[/B] apples.[/SIZE]
Posted
[size=1]If there are five apples on the table, and [i]you take two[/i], then you have two. The ones in your hands.

Here's a riddle. A gold star to the first person who gets it:

[b]Alone I'm made
As spoken word
Not easy to ignore.

With com before
I give a little
In exchange for more.[/b]

There you go. This is one of my favorite kinds of word games. (And that's a hint, if you get it.)

[color=#ff6600]I'm also going to say that I'm going to let this thread go on a condition or two: [b]Extremely short posts are still not acceptable[/b]. If you have a guess, you can just as easily post the explanation for your answer as you can post the answer itself. Please do so.

If you want to post a riddle where the answer is little more than a one or two word pun, just post the entire thing, and use the spoiler tag to block out the answer.

Example: What's brown and sticky?[/color] [spoiler]A stick.[/spoiler]

[color=#ff6600]Posts that encourage pointless posts in reply are just as bad as one word posts themselves. Let's avoid that.[/color][/size]
Posted
I'm taking a guess...is it a swear word? They're not easy to ignore, and when someone says one, they in turn get yelled at even more...

Or a question? I can't ignore questions, and when you ask one, you can get a long answer...
Posted
yes the answer was dark and iw as from the hobbit. Now here is the second riddle:




This thing conquers all but it can be be your toughest challenge.

Many people died in its name I hope you all are willing to do the same.

Some thought they had this and because of it they lost all they had which waf worse for somw than it was for others.

It can be the best or the worst thing in your life but thats up for you to decide.

I made this up my self.
Posted
[QUOTE]This thing conquers all but it can be be your toughest challenge.

Many people died in its name I hope you all are willing to do the same.

Some thought they had this and because of it they lost all they had which waf worse for somw than it was for others.

It can be the best or the worst thing in your life but thats up for you to decide.[/QUOTE]

I'm saying that the answer is love, due to the saying "Love conquers all." Many people have died for love, I guess...(though I'm not willing to die in it's name, that's just me). =/ Love was the first to come to my mind after reading those first two clues, though the last two might not fit. *Shrugs*
Posted
Eli Very good I'm proud to say that your answer was correct. I'm not surprised somebody got this so soon because of the saying in the poem.


I am sorry but the next riddle will come tomorrow.


And from now on when you give an answer please tell me why you chose that answer like Eli did. So just dont only put the answer this goes for everyone.


thanx
Posted
I just want to see if anyone knows this riddle.... :p

[B]80%[/B] of preschool knows this, though only [B]5%[/B] of Harvard students do.

It is greater than God, and more evil than the devil.

Poor people already have this. Surprisingly, rich people sometimes want it.

You're born into the world with this; you die with it as well.
Posted
I believe the answer to Eli's riddle is: Nothing.

The reason it is nothing is because if you break down the riddle into separate questions the answer is always the same, which is nothing.

Greater than God= nothing.
More evil than the devil= nothing.
Poor people have this= nothing.
Rich people sometimes want it= nothing.
Born with it= nothing.
Die with it= nothing.



[COLOR=DarkRed]Now I am going to stress what Lore has already mentioned. The responses to this thread need to be of OB quality. One word post are considered spam and extremely short posts are not acceptable. If this continues the thread will be closed. Thanks.[/COLOR]
Posted
Yes...I concure it is nothing...I've known this riddle for sometime...err well with one slight modification. In the riddle I know the last line is " and if you eat it you'll die" Which stills holds true eat nothing and well...heh you die.

I suppose I should throw down a riddle here. I know a few though the only one off the top of my head would be this one (quite simple).

How far can a dog walk into the woods?

Enjoy, like I said sort of easy but I'll have more.
Posted
I think it's your shadow...Because it lives when the sun is out, and is non-existant without light...*Ponders this explanation, wondering if the answer is right and if it's too short for the Moderators...* Yeah, that answer seems to make sense. ^_^
Posted
I think that the answer to Eli' ridle is love jut as mine was. Because when When she says it's greater than God that is true because love is the greatest power of all. When she says eviler than the Devil it relates to my poem when I said some people lost all they had because of it.

So its love i think. Thank you all for givin me the reasonsto your answers like I asked.
Posted
[COLOR=SlateGray]*gasp* Panda, you stole my answer! I know that riddle and the answer is nothing. My friend told it to me once in a music lesson and it took me ages to get the answer.
Okay, I have a riddle for you all,


[B]The beginning of enternity
And the end of time
5th out of 26
with no [B]end[/B] in sight
What am I?
(the answer is not 'end', just incase you thought I was giving it away)
*****************************

A box with no key
With a golden treasure inside
What am I?[/B]

Heh, I like this one, my friends always guess wrong, if you guess it wrong you'll be kicking yourself when you realise the answer.

Edit: Realised that I morphed two riddles into one @.@[/COLOR]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...