OtakuBoards

Riddles

jim, hawkins

No.
I am halfway between power and nothing-
I am halfway between dollar and nothing

Some say washington is worth more than me, some say not
Washington is on the dollar and the quarter. depending on who you ask, they might come up with one or the other first

but franklin and I are one and the same
Franklin and JFK are on their own half dollars. Thus, a JFK half dollar is worth the same as franklin

Another one:
A simple sign of attraction
that sings about rock and roll

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would that be "plus"?

In Chemistry it is related to the atraction of ions, more expecifically to the positive ones and I believe most of the rock'n'roll songs were writen on a mayor chord (is that the right word for it? i didn't study music in english so I just know the names in portuguese... hehe *giggles embarassed*)

Did I get it right? * bites his nails axiously*

way off.... hehe

Here you go:

What's is BIG, GREEN, lives underground and eats stones??

Give it a try, if you guess.......... you are really smart, hehe. Or maybe, real dumb.... I guess that's not a riddle to prove how smart you are, but how stupid you can really be, hehe............

Ops! I'm saying too much....

BYBYE!!!

• 1 month later...
Warning: these questions are not for the faint of mind.

I was wandering around the net today, and came across this question, put forward by Einstein. It's a pure logic questin, but took me a couple of hours to complete. I would suggest you sending me any answers by PM so I can say if they're right or not.

[B]Einstein's Riddle[/B]

1. In a street there are five houses, painted five different colours.
2. In each house lives a person of different nationality
3. These five homeowners each drink a different kind of beverage, smoke
different brand of cigar and keep a different pet.

[B]Who owns the fish? [/B]

Facts:

1. The Brit lives in a red house.
2. The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
3. The Dane drinks tea.
4. The Green house is on the left of the White house.
5. The owner of the Green house drinks coffee.
6. The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
7. The owner of the Yellow house smokes Dunhill.
8. The man living in the centre house drinks milk.
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
11. The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
12. The man who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.
13. The German smokes Prince.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
15. The man who smokes Blends has a neighbour who drinks water

Also, here are a few slightly less intense (but much more obscure) lateral thinking questions.

1) Why are 1992 dollar coins worth more than 1991 dollar coins?

2) Romeo and Juliet lay in the middle of the floor. Romeo is dead and Juliet is gasping for breath. There is a puddle on the floor, and some glass. On a high window, a cat watches.

What happened?

3) A man is slumping in a phone box. The windows to either side of him are shattered and his hands are bleeding.

What happened?

4) By adding 1 line, make
10 10 11 into 10:50

Post if you like them or not

[color=darkred]I know the answer to the third one:[/color]

[spoiler]Romeo and Juliet are fish.[/spoiler]

Do you mind if I post my own riddle?

[color=blue]The smallest man on the world was found dead on his bed with a gun in one of his hands; a wooden pole next to him and wood shaving underneath his ned.

What happened?[/color]

[quote name='Inuyasha7271']I have a confouding question how come no one has answered to my signature I am a single otaku dude yet no one has answered my advertisement for anything nothing at all thats very strange don't you all think.[/quote][size=1]Not really. Please keeps on topics; laments about your lack of an online girlfriend don't quite fit with this subject matter.

There was a recent thread about riddles; I'm going to merge this with that.

And to make things [i]perfectly[/i] clear, I am going to repost the warning from the other thread.[/size]

[color=#ff6600]I'm also going to say that I'm going to let this thread go on a condition or two: [b]Extremely short posts are still not acceptable[/b]. If you have a guess, you can just as easily post the explanation for your answer as you can post the answer itself. Please do so.

If you want to post a riddle where the answer is little more than a one or two word pun, just post the entire thing, and use the spoiler tag to block out the answer.

Example: What's brown and sticky?[/color] [spoiler]A stick.[/spoiler]

[color=#ff6600]Posts that encourage pointless posts in reply are just as bad as one word posts themselves. Let's avoid that.[/color]

[QUOTE=O-Ushi]
3) A man is slumping in a phone box. The windows to either side of him are shattered and his hands are bleeding.

What happened?
[/QUOTE][color=#707875][spoiler]The man had caught a fish and was telling his wife about it. "The fish is [b]this[/b] big."[/spoiler]

At least, that's the answer I'd heard to that riddle previously. ~_^

This one may have been asked, but I haven't seen it myself.

A man is lying in a field, with a box next to him. The man is dead. What's in the box?[/color]

[quote name='Blade15']Now, I've heard a riddle similar to this. Not quite the same, but I'll put the answer anyways. The man was superman and there was Krypotonite in the box.[/quote]
[color=#707875]Nope. Good answer, but it's incorrect. The actual answer is kind of funny...it makes a lot of sense, but it's something you may not expect.[/color]

[quote name='James][color=#707875']A man is lying in a field, with a box next to him. The man is dead. What's in the box?[/color][/quote][COLOR=#503F86]A jack in the box, perhaps? The man opened it, was frightened so much that he had a heart attack and died.

That's all I can really think of. I'm sure the field has something to do with it, though.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]I think I've heard this one before...

Was it a Parachute? Because he parachuted out of a plane but then it wouldn't open so he fell to his death.

Either that or he picked up something other than his parachute and realised too late.

Those are my guesses.

~Ohkami[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ohkami][color=navy]I think I've heard this one before...

Was it a Parachute? Because he parachuted out of a plane but then it wouldn't open so he fell to his death.

Either that or he picked up something other than his parachute and realised too late.

Those are my guesses.

~Ohkami[/color][/QUOTE]
[color=#707875][i]*ding ding!* [/i]

We have a winner. ~_^

Yep, it's a parachute. I have to admit, I like Solo's guess too. [/color]

[COLOR=Navy][quote name='Solo Tremaine][COLOR=#503F86']'Lighter', as in cigarette lighter? That would work quite nicely, heh.[/COLOR][/quote]

You got it Solo Tremaine.

Pretty easy riddle it was.

Anyways, your turn.

~Ohkami[/COLOR]

[color=#503f86]Heh, this one really works better when it's spoken as it's a little obscure, but it's the only one I know. If anyone knows it already they'll understand what I mean.

A man is in a sealed room with no doors and no windows. In the centre of the room is a table. How does he get out?[/color]

[COLOR=Navy]Oh! I think I heard this a long time ago, and I didn't get it. Is the answer;

There's no doors and no windows so he can just walk out or climb out through a window.

If so, I've got another one, this one's harder.

A princess is kidnapped by her cruel uncle, who has planned for her to marry one of his two sons. He gave her an ultimatum - she was to make a solitary statement. If what she said was true, she was to marry her elder cousin johans the Vain, however, if what she said was false, she was to marry the younger son Derek the Dismal. What did she say which allowed her to remain a single girl and explain why?

~Ohkami[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Solo Tremaine][color=#503f86]Heh, this one really works better when it's spoken as it's a little obscure, but it's the only one I know. If anyone knows it already they'll understand what I mean.

A man is in a sealed room with no doors and no windows. In the centre of the room is a table. How does he get out?[/color][/QUOTE]

No, The answer is this. He breaks the table in half. Put it together and one half and another half is a whole. He goes out the whole.

[QUOTE=Ohkami][COLOR=Navy]
A princess is kidnapped by her cruel uncle, who has planned for her to marry one of his two sons. He gave her an ultimatum - she was to make a solitary statement. If what she said was true, she was to marry her elder cousin johans the Vain, however, if what she said was false, she was to marry the younger son Derek the Dismal. What did she say which allowed her to remain a single girl and explain why?
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]A paradox maybe? Something like [b]"I am lying."[/b] or [b]"What I am now saying is false."[/b] See, if she was really lying, then what she said was true statement but it contradicts the fact that... Oh shoot. I'm lost. My answer remains.

[QUOTE=O-Ushi]4) By adding 1 line, make
10 10 11 into 10:50[/QUOTE]

Is it "10 110 11"? Then it will read "10 to 11" or 10:50.
Oh, what a lousy answer.

Love and Peace! :love2:
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Blade15']No, The answer is this. He breaks the table in half. Put it together and one half and another half is a whole. He goes out the whole.[/quote][COLOR=#503F86]Pretty much, yeah. Except the version I had was: [spoiler]The man rubs his hands together until they are sore, then used the saw to cut the table in half. He then put the two halves together to make a whole, then climbed out of the hole.[/spoiler]. But it's close enough, heh ^_~[/COLOR]