Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[COLOR=royalblue] I know many of us here are only able to see the dubbed versions of DBZ,but if you have seen in Japanese(subtitled) and dubbed in English... [/COLOR]
Tell me which one do you think is best?

[COLOR=seagreen]Also I know many of you have seen the first of the DBZ movies such as....(Dubbed title) Tree of Might, Dead Zone, and the World's Strongest. But why do you suppose CN doesn't show the rest I personally am tired of seeing these 3 movies...They are too repetive and need to come with something new....Do any of you agree?[/COLOR]
Posted
I think that the japanese version of DBZ is better. Though I don't speak a word of japanese I think the music is better and it is uncut.

If any of you guys in the US have the International Channel you can watch the japanese version too: Sundays at 10:30 Eastern / 7:30 pacific. This is not an advertisement, I am just telling people so they know about it.;)
Posted
I prefer the sub because FUNimation's music, voices, and acting (with the exception of a few later-season characters) are horrible.

And the reason you haven't seen past Movie 3 on Cartoon Network: they're not available. Movie 4 was just recently dubbed and released, and it'll probably be a good while until CN gets their hands on it, and most likely even longer until FUNi gets off their lazy asses and releases the rest of the movies.
Posted
subbed of course, you didn't think I would prefer the dubs, did you....

I mean for gods sake....

hyperbolic time chamber? surely its room of spirit and time

Hercule? they mock the great Mr Satan!

special beam cannon? makkenkosappou means the devils screw, or something along those lines, not special beam cannon

super saiyan? saiyan has no meaning, saiya-jin means ape person

HFIL? home for infinate losers, is hell, why the hell they changed it? little kids weren't exactly going to point and shout "eeeee! hell!" and cower to their parents

goten's kamehameha? he says kamekameha! why the hell they changed

chibi trunks? they changed his attitude too, making him a jerk

anyway, thats all I got to say about that....
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]super saiyan? saiyan has no meaning, saiya-jin means ape person

chibi trunks? they changed his attitude too, making him a jerk

[/B][/QUOTE]

Saiyan and Saiya-jin are one in the same. The pronunciation is the only thing FUNimation screwed up on that one. Just like Amerika-jin means American, Saiya-jin means Saiyan.

And Trunks....well, he [i]is[/i] Vegita's son, what did you expect?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zeiram [/i]
[B]

And Trunks....well, he [i]is[/i] Vegita's son, what did you expect? [/B][/QUOTE]

didn't expect them to change his attitude, but then again, I didn't expect them to change mr satan's name to hercule, either....
Posted
I like Japanese DBZ because it is just better, they didnt fix anything. The names are better.
Posted
Saiya-jin should be Saiya-jin.... UGH! Would it kill them to leave SOMETHING original!? Z does have a point but it's just stupid that Funi can't leave anything as it's original....

Although at this one Anime Con I went to, it was so weird, cause they actually said Mr. Satan in the dub (they were showing the uncut tapes... Seam Shemell was there too... voice of Gokou).... anyway.... people started looking around wondering who Mr. Satan was.... I was about to go on a killing spree....
Posted
funi has two lines of dbz, same eps, ones uncut the other.. well.. is, the uncut ones have mr.satan and its not so bad (if i download dubs, these are the ones i get).. but ofcourse cartoonnetwork needed a virsion that they could show on air without possibly disturbing any of the children.. so they run the 'edited virsion'..
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]subbed of course, you didn't think I would prefer the dubs, did you....

I mean for gods sake....

hyperbolic time chamber? surely its room of spirit and time

Hercule? they mock the great Mr Satan!

HFIL? home for infinate losers, is hell, why the hell they changed it? little kids weren't exactly going to point and shout "eeeee! hell!" and cower to their parents

anyway, thats all I got to say about that.... [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=royalblue] :laugh: :laugh: Do you realuze how totally funny this is... i just saw it and could do nothing but laugh..and yeah you would mention Mr. Satan...but I'm not hatin'..*speaks sarcastically*....after all he is the World Martial Arts Champion....[/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sweetreyes [/i]
[B]
[COLOR=royalblue] and yeah you would mention Mr. Satan...but I'm not hatin'..*speaks sarcastically*....after all he is the World Martial Arts Champion....[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

and also the one who won the cell games! AND the one who won the tenkaiichi boudakai in the buu saga....

I have a feeling that they might even dub the name gotenks differently, like umm, super fused goten and trunks! heh....

and what about that ascended saiyan crap, haven't they heard of ussj?! and when son gohan went ssj2, they were like, "he ascended to the next level!", my god, what morons....
Posted
I know they should know by now they've gone past that I think but still they all have gotten there and some above it they don't call it what it should be called.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

and also the one who won the cell games! AND the one who won the tenkaiichi boudakai in the buu saga....

I have a feeling that they might even dub the name gotenks differently, like umm, super fused goten and trunks! heh....

and what about that ascended saiyan crap, haven't they heard of ussj?! and when son gohan went ssj2, they were like, "he ascended to the next level!", my god, what morons.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=royalblue] Yeah that's true.. I do hat the way they change names and *bleep* but that's the way the cookie crumbles over hear in America...People love to censor things but hey if they wanna watch stuff that may have some..*speaks sarcastically and in a smart azz tone*Non-postive words...then they shouldn't look at TV at all..They should go and make their own movies....That kind if reminds me....Ooopps I'm about to start a new topic so I'll drop it here.[/COLOR]
Guest Jbirdleslie
Posted
yo DBZMAN don't use caps. it is refered to yelling and the dudes will get u in crap. kuja will n e way;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...