OtakuBoards

American Idiot song

Guest monkguin

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]I think that all Green Day songs sound the same. I also think that Green Day shouldn't sing songs decrying "one nation ruled by the media" when their songs are played on top-fourty stations, and their video will be played on MTV.[/color][/size][/font]

I was listening to the first few minutes of American Idiot on the radio the other day, and I was surprised with myself when I switched the station.

I love Green Day's early stuff. I think Dookie is a fantastic album. I really do. But American Idiot just doesn't sound like their early songs/albums did. I feel like they've lost their edge.

I think it'a alright. It's just a song by another American band critisising the way the country is. They can't really do anything. There is no point inevitably. It's a good tune, but after a while, like all the Green Day songs, you get sick of it all!
It's supposed to be catchy, but then it just plain boring

[QUOTE=Siren]I was listening to the first few minutes of American Idiot on the radio the other day, and I was surprised with myself when I switched the station.

I love Green Day's early stuff. I think Dookie is a fantastic album. I really do. But American Idiot just doesn't sound like their early songs/albums did. I feel like they've lost their edge.[/QUOTE]

[color=green]I second that.

Kind of like listening to Yellowcard's Ocean Avenue, and then everything else they've done. Huge difference.

While I love most of Green Day's earlier music, and own all of their singles and albums, I won't be buying this one. [i]American Idiot[/i]'s lyrics simply send a message I don't support, and none of the other songs on the album are too appealing either.

Looks like they sold out to the liberal media, to me.[/color]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1]To tell the truth I don't like their band or that song. To me that whole song was boring and I had no intrest in it at all. But that might be because I hate alot of songs that are this type of music but still I really hate (or if you prefer dislike) this song.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]I just heard American Idiot a few hours ago on MTV and I have to say I wasn't all that impressed, I'll admit it was the first Green Day song I've ever heard (to my knowledge) and the electric guitar to it was good but it just seemed a bit generic to me. Now perhaps I wasn't listening intently enough but that was just my opinion of it.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Boba Fett][color=green']Looks like they sold out to the liberal media, to me.[/color][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Damn those hippies to Hell... ;).[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[color=darkviolet]I actuially liked the song. What does that say about me? Maybe it says that I also liked Stupid American and I watch teen movies in the closet. Oh well, the only station I've heard it on is the one that plays obscure music.

So a band plays music with a political edge because they get air time. Last time I checked the Bush administration hasn't completely retracted the right to fre speech and expression when they did the Patriot act. And go ahead and say I'm unsupportive of our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. My husband liked the song too, but what can you expect from someone who bought teh Rock against Bush CD?[/color]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]
As far as the music goes I love this song! I like a lot of Greenday music, but I would say that this one is up there with there best music.

As far as the lyrics go, I don't mind being called an American idiot. I think that right now there are a lot of stupid Americans out there, and this song is just meant to point that out to us. My boyfriend really disagrees with me here, and finds it very ironic that the same people going out and buying their CDs are the American idiots in the song. Oh well. I love music with a political message. These kinds of songs are thought provoking and show that the artist is somewhat intelligent. (Intelligent enough to think about politics or to find creative ways to make money, depending on your point of view.) [/COLOR]