OtakuBoards

7.1 Tweak...perhaps?

Baron Samedi

[size=1]I had an idea in regards to Otakuboard 7.1: just a little tweak that'd be nice. When v7 was implemented, there was somewhat of a...fuss over the position of the forums i.e. Anime at the top. James explained that this was due to the fact that OB is primarily an Anime based forum. Fair enough. And the minimisation of the various areas is great, but could there be an additional feature wherebye you could choose the order of the forums yourself? I just think that'd be cool. And useful. Thanks.

-Josh[/size]

[color=#707875]I would really love it if each member could totally customize OtakuBoards, in that sense (ie: placing forums in the order they like).

However, because of the way vB3 is designed, I'm not sure if that can be done. I mean, I don't know if it's even physically possible for us to implement.

But we'll see what Justin says. If it's possible, we'll definitely look at it.[/color]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Sounds like an interesting idea for a little tweak although I don't really see how it would be any more convenient that the way to forums are at the moment. You always have the option of collapsing the forums you don't want to view to make it slightly more user-friendly but then again I suppose it might be nice to be able to align them as you liked. [/SIZE]

It is a good idea, something I have always wanted integrated into vBulletin myself. If not being able to actually change the order, it would be cool to be able to "float" favorite forums to the top.

Unfortunatly, vBulletin does not offer this feature (obviously) nor are there any hacks available. If a hack does become available for it, I'll surely look into it and incorporate it into OB. However, I do not have the time to develop this on my own. I already have quite a plateful of work to finish up. OB 7.1 is going to be hard as it is, and I have a plethora of features/fixes/etc to do to theOtaku and myOtaku.

So its just this: don't expect it anytime soon, if at all. :(

[color=#667F84]To briefly follow on from what Justin said, I think that you will find the general 7.1 upgrade to be rather cool anyway.

This suggestion will be taken on board longterm though, so that one day, if we can do it, we will. [/color]

[quote name='Baron Samedi][size=1']That'd be cool. Anyway, I'm looking forward to 7.1 as it is, so no worries there ;)[/size][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Damn right I'd say 7.1 is going to satisfy even the most user-friendly-feature insatiable member out there, though since we've yet to see it I'm only basing that assumption off the quality of the work we've already seen in different upgrades and versions.[/SIZE]