Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Do you like Star Wars??  

236 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you like Star Wars??

    • Yes
      192
    • No
      9
    • Somewhat
      30
    • What is Star Wars?
      5


Recommended Posts

Posted
Sorry to change the subject but is I, Jedi the first in the series? Is it a series at all? Cause I just bought it and want to know if I need to get another book first.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[color=deeppink]Nope, [b]I, Jedi[/b] is (I believe) the only first-person story in the entire EU line, and it isn't a part of any series. It [i]does[/i] deal with events that happen during the Jedi Academy trilogy, which can start to seem semi dull if you've read the trilogy beforehand.

Actually, I would recommend reading the Jedi Academy trilogy before [b]I, Jedi[/b]...otherwise you'll ruin the trilogy by knowing what happens ^_^.

But that's just my opinion...others probably think otherwise ^_~

[/color]
Posted
I think my favorite quotes from the Star Wars movies are: Just about anything Yoda says when he and Luke first meet.

As for the books, I can only think of this one in particular for some reason: [quote]Jaina: You're not actually going [i]into[/i] the seaweed field?!

Jacen: They'd be crazy to follow us, wouldn't they?[/quote]

Another one I just thought of: [quote]Everyone: I have a bad feeling about this.[/quote]

*cough*

-Justin
Posted
Thanks Babygirl, But I think i'll just read I, Jedi cause if I don't start my mom will have a fit and say that I never read any of the books she buys me.
Posted
Here's some more quotes:

Anakin: You call this diplomacy?
Padme: No, I call it agresive negotiations!

C-3PO: We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life.

(R2 goes after Anakin and Padme)C-3PO: Idiot!! Wait for me!!

Yoda: Aw, can't get your ship out? Have you even tried?

C-3PO: R2, stay with me.

Nute Gunray: She can't do that! Shoot her!! Or something!

Mace Windu: Sorry, Dooku, this party's over.
Posted
So, besides the NJO series, are there any other Star Wars books that have come out recently that are worth reading?

Also, I cant find the e-book Darth Maul:Sabotur. I have looked high and low for it, but cant find it. I have been told I can get it if I buy the novel [I]Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter[/I], but I already have shadow hunter. Help!
Guest Anakin Solo
Posted
Rouge Planet is a book worth reading. The book takes place a few years after TPM, and it explains hwo the Yuuzhan Vong first caem across our galaxy, or something like that. All i remember is that they appear in this book, yet they have a different name in the book. :D
Posted
I read [B]Rogue Planet[/B] a few months ago, and I dont remember [I]any[/I] reference to the Vong. The book does imply that the missing Jedi knight (I cant remember her name , but it started with a V. ) was captured by some alien species from outside the galaxy.

It has been a while since I have read it, so I may be mistaken. I will have to go read the book again.
Posted
[I]Boba, I had a copy of the "Darth Maul: Sabotuer" story in the back of my "Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter" book, I can't see why it isn't in yours also...[/I]
Guest Anakin Solo
Posted
Well Justin its like this. I expect your reading NJO? Well if your past the books by James Luceno, Agents of Chaos 1+2, there is the character Vergere. Well In Rouge planet, she appears in it, and gives herself the the Vong(but they arent known as the Vong then, let alone, the Old Republic doesnt even know, only the planet that got attacked by the Vong. And if you remember from Agents of Chaos 1, Vergere is a type of pet to a Vong character.

Vong= the Far Outsiders in Rouge Planet.Its pretty obvious that they are the Vong. Due to the fact that Vergere is owned by a Vong character becasue she gave herself to the Vong to save the main planet in the book.Vergere is also a jedi Knight.

Its all explained in Rouge Planet, very breif, but if you read it, it will make more sence than listening to me. Lol.


Well I better stop already. Thats like a huge spoiler there. Lol.
Posted
Now that you say that it all seems so stupid that I missed that connection between the "Far Outsiders" and the Vong. I never really thought about Rogue Planet after I read it. But it all makes perfect sense now. Thanks!

Also, SS Trunks I am a puzzled as you are. Mabye I can find the story online somewhere...
Guest Anakin Solo
Posted
No problem. Happy I could help. Oh and has anyone read the NJO e-book, Recovery?
Posted
No I havent read it, can you PM me a site where I could read it? I also need to know if there is any place online where I can read Darth Maul: Sabutor.

Anyway, these E-books seem to be nothing but trouble for me so far...

Trivia:

#1 What planet did Bail Organa represent in the Old Republic senate?

#2 What species builds living ships (other than the Vong) ?

#3 Name three of Leia's Noghri bodyguards.
Guest Anakin Solo
Posted
#1 What planet did Bail Organa represent in the Old Republic senate? Alderan I believe

#2 What species builds living ships (other than the Vong) ?
People from Zonoma Sekot


#3 Name three of Leia's Noghri bodyguards.
Olmahk, Basbakhan, and Bolphur
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJGoten [/i]
[B]#1 What planet did Bail Organa represent in the Old Republic senate? Alderan I believe

#2 What species builds living ships (other than the Vong) ?
People from Zonoma Sekot


#3 Name three of Leia's Noghri bodyguards.
Olmahk, Basbakhan, and Bolphur [/B][/QUOTE]

#1 Correct

#2 Correct

#3 Correct

Not bad...

I will ask this one last time:

Does anyone know if there is anywhere online where I could read either Dath Maul: Sabotur, or Recovery?
Guest Anakin Solo
Posted
Recovery you can at Amazon, or BN.com. But last i checked you have to pay for it. Most likely youd be able to read the Darth Maul on there too, just type the title in the search section, and itll take you to it most likely.
Posted
[color=red][b]God, I sure have been gone for awhile. Ya know, life and stuff. But it's good to be back. I may be a little late, but I will post my favorite quotes:

Yoda - Mine! Mine! *whacks R2 with a stick*

Saluchious(sp?) Crumb - *evil laugh*

Leia - Could someone get this walking carpet out of my way?

Leia - You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought.



Now, what do you think is the mose stupidest thing that has ever happened in Star Wars movies?

I think it was having Greedo shoot first. I mean come on. The gun is less than 6 inches away and poined at Han's chest. Greedo's shot just happens to go wide to the left above Han's shoulder? It's the dumbest thing ever in Star Wars movies.[/b][/color]
Posted
[COLOR=green]Son Goten! It has been a long time since I've seen you around here.

I think the stupidest thing that has happened in the Star Wars movies was the series of scenes in Episode II where C-3PO has his head welded to a battle droid. He walks around like a complete idiot, shooting then apologizing.
[/COLOR]
Guest Anakin Solo
Posted
Stupidest thing......ummm.... Lucas stopping after episode 3.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Boba Fett [/i]
[B][COLOR=green]
I think the stupidest thing that has happened in the Star Wars movies was the series of scenes in Episode II where C-3PO has his head welded to a battle droid. He walks around like a complete idiot, shooting then apologizing.
[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

Stupid? I think it's funny.:excited:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJGoten [/i]
[B]Stupidest thing......ummm.... Lucas stopping after episode 3. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]Well, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hammel are all old now. If they came out with an episode VII, the characters would all look odd unless they set it 30 years in the future. but that would judt be dumb. It would be even more dumb if they got new actors. Han Solo with grey hair? DOesn't do it for me. I think he was smart to end it.

And Boba, I too think the C-3P0 thing was funny.[/b][/color]
Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]Well, he could set it a couple thousand/hundred years in the future. You know, make movies for the extended universe....[/color] [/size]
Guest Anakin Solo
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B]

[color=red][b]Well, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hammel are all old now. If they came out with an episode VII, the characters would all look odd unless they set it 30 years in the future. but that would judt be dumb. It would be even more dumb if they got new actors. Han Solo with grey hair? DOesn't do it for me. I think he was smart to end it.

And Boba, I too think the C-3P0 thing was funny.[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Twas but a joke buddy, twas but a joke.Lol. Why would it be dumb to have it set in the future though? Just because it does fit your taste, means its dumb?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B][color=red][b]And Boba, I too think the C-3P0 thing was funny.[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=green]
I though it was funny too, but thats not my point. I think that those kind of things just dont belong in a major fight scene. Well, thats just my opinion...

I would be extremely unhappy if they made Epsoides 7-9 with different actors.

Although, if they decided to make Epsoides 7-9, makeup can acomplish many things...[/COLOR]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...