Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Do you like Star Wars??  

236 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you like Star Wars??

    • Yes
      192
    • No
      9
    • Somewhat
      30
    • What is Star Wars?
      5


Recommended Posts

Posted
I think [I]A Splinter of the Minds Eye[/I] was a ok book. I thought that the battle scene at the end was pretty lousy. Did you know this:

The force amplifying crystal turns out to lose its powers the farther it is from the temple. Turns out that the temple was actually what amplified the force...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[color=deeppink]I need to re-read that book. It's been so long since I've read anything but X-wing novels. Truthfully, the X-wing books are all I [i]really[/i] enjoy, since the author basically remains constant (except, of course, the switch between Stackpole and Allston).

Bad writing totally ruins a book for me, more than anything else. Characterization is also pretty crucial, but the plot has to be really bad for me to put it down if at least the writing is good.[/color]
Posted
[color=royalblue]
>Still wondering<

Still wondering if I would understand [i]NJO Edge of Victory 1[/i] without reading the others in the NJO series? Well? Okay, anyway, I don't know if I wanna start off with NJO (or is it that good) because the first one kills off my favorite character, Chewbacca. Anyway, would I still understand it without reading all the others in NJO?
[/color]
Guest Anakin
Posted
Talking about books (I've totally missed this conversation!), has anyone read the AOTC novel? I liked it a lot.
Posted
Yeah, we already discussed the AOTC novel. It would have been nice if all the scenes in the book had been in the movie. I found the book very descriptive and a very good read. I thought that the scenes in the book were a lot better thought put and better portrayed in the book then in the movie. In gereral I thought the book was way better than the movie.

What did you like about it?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Boba Fett [/i]
[B]Yeah, we already discussed the AOTC novel. It would have been nice if all the scenes in the book had been in the movie. I found the book very descriptive and a very good read. I thought that the scenes in the book were a lot better thought put and better portrayed in the book then in the movie. In gereral I thought the book was way better than the movie.

What did you like about it? [/B][/QUOTE]

I still haven't been able to buy it yet. But has anyone heard of the Jedi Aprentice series?

I think it's good so far.
Posted
Yes I have. That series, while aimed an younger readers, is interesting and worth reading. I particularly like to watch Zek decide his future. He is a very interesting charecter. Lowbacca's translator droid is also very funny :laugh: sounds like C-3PO, dont they have some relation?
Posted
Yes! Those two were an odd couple, even more than r2-D2 and C-3PO. I liked it when Max would pop out of Bollux's chest and say rude things. :naughty:

[B]The Han Solo Adventures[/B] is a great series. I have the whole series in one book. My favorite book in the series is [B]Han Solo at Stars End[/B]. Although that is when Bollux "met his maker". :(
Posted
[I]I don't know if this has been discussed already, but has anyone read the Bounty Hunter Wars? I think they're very good, really gives you a better insight into why Boba Fett is as good as he is.[/I]
Posted
I read the [B]Bounty Hunter Wars[/B] series and liked it. I thought that it was interesting that Dengar saved Boba from the sarlacc. If I had found Boba there I would have killed him on the spot, competition is bad for business.

The most interesting parts of those books for me were the minor concern of the various Black Sun fragments who wanted the droid, who placed Xizor at Luke's uncle's murder scene, back and the Kuat rivalry between the two sisters(I cant remember their names)
Guest Shift
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Boba Fett [/i]
[B]I read the [B]Bounty Hunter Wars[/B] series and liked it. [/B][/QUOTE][size=1][color=crimson]That series is my fave! Muhhahaha[/size][/color]
Posted
What makes it your favorite? I thought that in general the series was well written, but there were better Star Wars books.

My favorite series of Star Wars books is the Thrawn Triliogy. I think it is very well written and interesting. My favorite individual book would have to be [B]I, Jedi[/B]. It is an excellent read(most of the people here seem to have read it).
Posted
[color=crimson][size=1]Man, you guys, I went to the library last week to get I, Jedi, and I went to the small library branch instead of our big one and EVERY SINGLE SW book was checked out. So I didn't get to get it. By the way, who is the author of that book so that it will be easier for me to find. :)[/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1]By the way, who is the author of that book so that it will be easier for me to find. :)[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=deeppink]Only [b]the[/b] best Star Wars author ever...[b]Michael A. Stackpole.[/b] He is honestly one of the best authors [i]ever[/i]...out of all the books I have ever read...ever :excited:[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]
[color=deeppink]Only [b]the[/b] best Star Wars author ever...[b]Michael A. Stackpole.[/b] [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree with that opinion whole heartedly. Stackpole is the best Star Wars author, there is no competition. Most Star Wars writers are mediocre, some dont deserve to write. *cough* Hanably *cough*

Anyway, havent we had this conversation at least three times, about how we all think Satckpole and [B]I, Jedi[/B] are the best? It is getting [I]very[/I] repetitive......
Posted
[color=crimson][size=1]What else did Stackpole write? Because I think I've read something of his I'm sure.

And yes, this thread is very repetitive. It's the same conversations over and over, but I don't really think that anyone really minds. The only people who read it are the SW fans anyway.

And by the way, did you know that when George Lucas was writing the first 2 SW movies (Hope and Empire) that he had some guy helping him write most of the script and then that guy left before Jedi because they both had different visions for the movie? This other guy wanted to kill Han Solo off at the end...[/color][/size]
Posted
I hadnt heard that. Han Solo, killed off? I guess that means that Prince Isolder( I think I spelled it wrong) would have married Leia, ugh.

Stakpole wrote the first four or five Rogue Squadron books, I dont remember him writing anything else.....
Posted
Stackpole also wrote NJO Dark Tide I: Onslaught and NJO Dark Tid II: Ruin. I believe he also wrote I, Jedi, but I'm sure someone else can confirm that or deny it.

-Justin
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Justin [/i]
[B]I believe he also wrote I, Jedi, but I'm sure someone else can confirm that or deny it.

-Justin [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]Yes, Stackpole wrote I, Jedi. That was an awesome book. One of the best, if not the best. That and the X-Wing series.[/b][/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...