OtakuBoards

[rated "D" for discussion]

Annie

[color=indigo][size=1]Due to a recent event that was deemed necessary for RPGs, I am inclined to ask/suggest upon this matter.

James, I understand that RPGs must be rated (as of yesterday, Dec. 1), and you made that specifically clear in your announcement link. Agreed. However, I know, from experience, that new members and older members are not always aware of your announcement link. New members may not know it exsists, and older members forget to check up.

So, I was wondering if you could post the rating update in the rules/guidlines sections of all the Arena's forums (especially the Adventure Square and Inn).

Perhaps this would draw more attention to the necessary rating requirement and settle confusion.[/color][/size]

[color=#707875]At the moment the Team Hanzo staff are working on an updated sticky thread for all Arena areas, which should streamline things quite a bit. So, I anticipate that everything will be included.

My announcement has really changed nothing though; ratings were and still are required, the only difference is that now the enforcement is coming into effect in a more significant way. Members have had a long period to adjust to the inclusion of ratings. Also, my current announcement will remain active for a while, so that people can still read it.

But yeah, I am hoping that the new all-in-one sticky thread will be completed soon, so that we can put everything up there.[/color]

[color=indigo][size=1]That's good to know. It would give a fair opportunity to new members in the Adventure Square/Inn, Anthology, and Underground.

Now, when the new stickies are in effect, and members still don't include the rating, then I could understand your intentions of closing their thread/RPG. Forgive me, but I was really upset yesterday with this topic, and I felt that I had to say something about it.

Thanks for clearing things up, and listening.

-Annie[/color][/size]

[color=#707875]Well, I think that the announcement had said December 1st. So...that enforcement (deletion/closure) will already be in effect now.

As I've said previously, it's up to members to check announcements. If they don't, they are running a risk. But moreover, we've been heavily heavily reminding people about ratings over and over again since we introduced them. So, anyone who has been here for more than a day or two (and even that long), should be well aware of the ratings requirement.[/color]

[color=indigo][size=1]I suppose they should have, yes. And I'm sure they [members] are very aware of it now.

I just wanted to know if/could there be a sticky about the foreclosure of threads/RPGs for not having included a rating.

You answered that for me, and I am settled (for now :p ).
[/color][/size]

[size=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Well I said I'd have a look in on this yesterday though it seems to have been resolved since then, I did agree with Annie on her point that a lot of people don't remember to read to updates regularly (since they're sometime quite far apart). I have to admit that I'm guilty of forgetting to read the updates, but the Sticky Thread should help infinitely in the matter. I'd say it's just a case that people tend to be a bit forgetful about new things, but in time we all adjust, I've been around long enough to know that.[/size]

[font=Verdana][size=1]As well as that, the ratings have been in place since August. That's four months. While I understand that the newer members/older members might not realise they've come into effect, the Ratings Sticky is at the top of each forum, and I know the OB Anthology one -- I'm not sure about the others -- says "Please Read Before Posting". [/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1]Since the announcements appear at the top of each forum, I thought it would probably more than sufficient. However, I can see that people mightn't realise a new announcement has been made. Perhaps a way to solve that is the following: after a new announcement, the bar that it appears on; the one with the greyscale picture of the banner, changes colour for a few days. That way most members will realise that a new announcement has been made. [/size][/font]

[color=#707875]Yeah, you make a good point Lady A. I would like to make announcements even more visible than they are now.

But as you correctly pointed out, we've had this system in place for [i]months[/i]. And I know you have been working very hard to personally remind everyone in your forum via PM.

So, at the moment there isn't much excuse for not knowing about thread ratings. If people still somehow don't know, they will still have the opportunity to re-post their threads -- so all is not lost, even if you are completely unaware of the rules.[/color]

[color=indigo][size=1]No, the Adventure Square/Inn did not have stickies about the RPG/thread ratings. That is why I asked about it.

I'm still in wonder, if the ratings on RPGs/threads was as stressed as it has been over the past four months (the length of my absence), then why wasn't there a sticky containing the rules of ratings in the guidlines/rules stickies to making RPGs in the Square/Inn in the very begining of the movement?

[b]No matter, it is being worked on, and that's all that matters to me. I'm just expressing my honest opinion.[/b]

The announcement box- This is a guilt of my own, as well. I frequently forget to check in on the announcements. I do check in every once in a while, but obviously not as much as I should be. Perhaps Lady Asphy's idea would be a nice move. A change in color once a new announcement is posted may catch eyes. It would to me, I'm attracted to all sorts of colors and I constantly scan the areas around me for something new.

[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Annie][color=indigo][size=1]No, the Adventure Square/Inn did not have stickies about the RPG/thread ratings. That is why I asked about it.

I'm still in wonder, if the ratings on RPGs/threads was as stressed as it has been over the past four months (the length of my absence), then why wasn't there a sticky containing the rules of ratings in the guidlines/rules stickies to making RPGs in the Square/Inn in the very begining of the movement?

[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[color=#707875]There [b]are[/b] and always were ratings threads in both the Square and the Inn.

[url="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=41862"]Check it out.[/url]

They are at the top of each forum's batch of stickies.[/color]