OtakuBoards

Angel Sanctuary

pariettilion

I have read only one manga book and see the first four episodes of this series and I think the manga is better. I mean I've only read one book but that book had a lot of things happening in it. Also the whole incest issue, while I don't agree with it (personal opinion not trying to get people to start lynching me or anything) in this series I like the whole issue. I mean if you really think about it Rosiel or whatever likes Alexiel(?) whcih is incest, then Alex(I'll just say that) reincarnates unto Setsuna and he/she love his sister. I love the messed up story but would you say Setsuna is a guy becasue his former "self" was a girl so would it be girl on girl or am I just cracking up? Don't respond to that I know the answer. Anyways all I know is it is an excellent series as long as the thought of incest does not disturb you and I thought angels were perfect creatures or whatever. So why does Rosiel or whatever love his sister? I mean I thought only humans were slightly messed up but if angels are what had the world come to? Once again I am not judging anyone! If you want to be with your sibling go right ahead as long as neither of my sibs make a move on me it's all good!Once again not trying to offend anyone!!! I'm doing warnings becasue I want to and if it is annoying sorry I'll stop now.

[color=darkslateblue]^_^ No one's going to "lynch" you. Everyone sees the incest about the same way. Besides, there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Anyway, your question "Why does Rosiel love his twin sister, Alexiel?" This I have yet to discover myself. The manga, so far, has not explained this. Perhaps it will never be explained, and we are just left to assume our imagination. Or maybe there's a secret that will be uncovered. Who knows?

But I think it's just a sick infatuation that Rosiel has. He's incredibly vain and arrogant. He gets what he wants, when he wants, and how he wants. So when someone (in this case, Alexiel) denied him, he just wants it even more. I mean, look at his relationship with Katan. Katan does not believe that Rosiel should make angels follow him. Katan follows Rosiel with absolute loyalty and free-willed. And when Rosiel forces Katan, the cherub (Katan) defies. You can see in Rosiel's actions that he is infuriated with Katan, but is "aroused" to think of a better way of putting it.

So perhaps this suggests his lust for his sister? I don't know. [/color]

• 1 month later...
Guest mistress-sama
[QUOTE=pariettilion]I picked up the first book of Angel sanctuary and I loved it! The art is awesome and I love the plot, it's a little bit confuzing but still very cool. Did anyone else read this/know about it? What did u think?

Like I said, the art is awesome:
[img]http://ee.1asphost.com/parietti/17.jpg[/img][/QUOTE]

I love Angel Sanctuary. I was a long time till I found it. In Bulgarian there aren't many Mangas actualy is only one and nobody call in manga it's cald W.I.T.C.H.
Angel Sanctuary is the greatest thing that I read. After I finish it I couldn't thing for anything else. Angel sanctuary here Angel Sanctuary there. Angel Sanctuary bacame part of my life. One of the not so many happy thing in my life. :D ;) :love:

[color=darkslategray]Oh. My. God. I love Angel Sanctuary. I don't know how to stress it. The art is amazing, the story is wicked crazy (awesome), and the characters are hot. I have the DVD of the first few episodes; sadly, the only episodes America will sell.

The manga is amazing though, and I think it's better than the anime. The manga gives you more information, and it doesn't skip around.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I finally got around to reading volume 1.

In terms of artwork and writing, Angel Sanctuary pales in comparison to some of Kaori Yuki's other work (particularly Ludwig Kakumei and her superb shounen-ai one-shots). However, it's still very enjoyable, and I expect that the story probably improves as it goes along. Either way, Angel Sanctuary appeals to me more than X/1999, the other ultra-epic shoujo fantasy I was interested in buying, so I guess I'll stick with it for a few more volumes.

So far, Kira is definitely my favorite character. In a manga that practically drips with melodrama and androgyny, he's refreshingly masculine and down-to-earth. His quiet obsession with Setsuna/Alexiel contrasts nicely with the over-the-top emotional outbursts of characters like Rosiel and even Setsuna himself. I can't wait to find out who Kira [i]really[/i] is.

~Dagger~

• 1 month later...
[COLOR=DarkOrange]The recently released volume 7 was excellent. The Book of Hades finally ended, and we are now starting on the Book of Ghenna - which I've been quite excite about *^_^*.

Truths revealed and new characters are introduced [Micheal and Rapheal *^_^*]!

Honestly, the deeper I get into this series, the more I love it![/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[color=royalblue]It's very interesting and cryptic in many ways. I do think it is brilliant, although..the only thing I hate is the incest. Personally it's just wrong, but they do make it clear in both manga and movie or episode that incest is wrong. I am sipmly captivated by the plot and how the creator brings out the hidden truth behind the decietful lies that is reality. I own the movie or is it episode? Well it's put in an episode scenario. I have read the manga, not all.

~Momo[/color]

[color=darkblue][size=1][b]I merged your thread with the pre-existing Angel Sanctuary thread. In the future, please make sure there isn't already a thread about what you want to talk about before creating a new one. Thanks. ^^ -Lady K[/b][/size][/color]

• 1 month later...
[COLOR=DarkOrange]I just finished reading volume 8, and as always, the story is getting more intense & suspenseful especially with [spoiler]Sara's awakening in Gebril's body AND Sevvy's true identity & intentions[/spoiler]. I know that this story is a bit messed up and confusing, still, [B]Angel Sanctuary[/B] is one of my favorite manga series to read.[/COLOR]

[color=navy][font=tahoma]Volume 8 was very exciting. Although, I don't think Sevvy's [i]true[/i] identity was completely shown. There are still a few unanswered questions in my mind. Mika is so adorable, even though he's a hot-head. But hey, what do you expect from such a profound name, and hair color?

I'm going to admit, so far, out of the 8 volumes, Mad Hatter has to be my favorite character. She's so witty and sexy. Admittingly, I thought she was a man when she first appeared two or three volumes back XD. She's just so entrancing and very manipulative. I can't wait to meet Lucifer ^~^[/color][/font]

[quote name='Goddess][color=navy][font=tahoma]I'm going to admit, so far, out of the 8 volumes, Mad Hatter has to be my favorite character. She's so witty and sexy. Admittingly, I thought she was a man when she first appeared two or three volumes back XD. She's just so entrancing and very manipulative. I can't wait to meet Lucifer ^~^[/color'][/font][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I seriously thought Mad Hatter was guy :animecry: Eh. But you know what else I wonder? I wonder who Mika's brother is? Hmm???[/COLOR]

I just finished vol. 3 only. At first, I was nervous becasue the story was too dark and too mess up. However, to think deeply into it, i made a lot of sense.

Incest - Setsuna's love for Sara at first gave me a chill. When I think about it, it made a lot of sense becuase the reincarnations of Lady Alexiel must suffered.

After the final, I will continue to read more. So far, I think AS is one of the most realistice manga so far. It's very dark and yet very real. I'm glad I'm reading AS at this age, if I read it when I was younger, I don't think I will have a full understanding, nor I would understood it.

The story didn't chose either side "good nor evil.." it stood between the line of good and evil.

[color=navy][font=tahoma]Yes, AS is very borderline to many risky topics. That is why the anime hasn't been released in full here in the USA. The thing I really love (aside from thousands of reasons) is how it portrays Angels and Demons. The Angels are the ones who are dark and evil, and the Demons are struggling to survive against the spiteful creatures of the Heavens.

Yes, keep reading. The manga just gets better, and better, and sexier XD[/color][/font]

• 1 year later...
Ok! I absolutely love Kaori Yuki's Angel Sanctuary! Especially since my favorite character is Sakuya Kira! I also wanted to find out who else loves to read Angel Sanctuary, it really is cool! :catgirl:[COLOR=DarkRed][INDENT][SIZE=1]I merged your thread with the existing one on Angel Sanctuary. Next time please check the directory before creating a thread to discuss one series. Also when creating a thread it?s a good idea to put more effort into it, for example you could have explained why Sakuya Kira is your favorite character. Or reasons why you like the series in general. Simply saying you like something without something to back it up is spam. ~indifference[/SIZE][/INDENT][/COLOR]

• 1 year later...
Guest The Mad Hatter
[quote name='pariettilion']I picked up the first book of Angel sanctuary and I loved it! The art is awesome and I love the plot, it's a little bit confuzing but still very cool. Did anyone else read this/know about it? What did u think?

Like I said, the art is awesome:
[img]http://ee.1asphost.com/parietti/17.jpg[/img][/QUOTE]

I really like the manga series as well. I was very impressed with Kaori Yuki's drawings, but I am a little dissapointed as her drawing style has changed. I liked her old one better. But the reason I liked AS so much was probably becuase it was a manga that you could read over and over and still have questions you wanted answers. You really had to think about what you where reading. Especially later on in the books where she starts to explain the 7 levels of Heaven and the 7 levels of Hell...they were extremely confusing! But, overall, that was probably the main reason I liked it, she also draws very cute guys!
Hope that answered your question~

[quote name='Monkey_Orange'][COLOR=DarkOrange]I seriously thought Mad Hatter was guy :animecry: Eh. But you know what else I wonder? I wonder who Mika's brother is? Hmm???[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Indeed, I wonder who Mika's brother is too, I read in the back of the book that he's supposed to be really easy to guess, but I'm pretty sure that was aimed at the Japaneses readers, I don't know if that's true or not though... Do you like Belial too? When I wrote my screen name for MyO I accidentally wrote Belia instead of Belial...poop. I read somewhere that there was an actual angel named Belial, she either was the one who convinced Lucifer to turn against God OR she was his mother! It was a very interesting paragraph...

[quote name='Dagger']Well, I finally got around to reading volume 1.

In terms of artwork and writing, Angel Sanctuary pales in comparison to some of Kaori Yuki's other work (particularly Ludwig Kakumei and her superb shounen-ai one-shots). However, it's still very enjoyable, and I expect that the story probably improves as it goes along. Either way, Angel Sanctuary appeals to me more than X/1999, the other ultra-epic shoujo fantasy I was interested in buying, so I guess I'll stick with it for a few more volumes.

So far, Kira is definitely my favorite character. In a manga that practically drips with melodrama and androgyny, he's refreshingly masculine and down-to-earth. His quiet obsession with Setsuna/Alexiel contrasts nicely with the over-the-top emotional outbursts of characters like Rosiel and even Setsuna himself. I can't wait to find out who Kira [i]really[/i] is.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

You are going to be shocked, I myself was. I won't reveal nothing though!
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"]
Keep it all in one post at a time please. ~ Iki[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

• 5 months later...
I love this series so much. Angel Sanctuary was my first serious attempt at reading manga (after an abortive try at X/1999), and I was blown away by it. The story, the artwork... I became a devoted Kaori Yuki fanboy.

I think one reason it appeals to me is that it takes our traditional ideas of Heaven and Hell, Good and Evil, and twists them, saying "Things are not as black and white as we assume." I truly got caught up in Setsuna's quest to reconcile his destiny with his simple desire just to be with Sarah.