Baron Samedi Posted December 17, 2004 Posted December 17, 2004 [size=1]The following is the awards handed out by Edge magazine. The first one for each section is the winner, followed by the next two shortlisted. [B]Best Game[/B] Half-Life 2 (PC) The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure (GameCube) Halo 2 (Xbox) [B]Award for Innovation[/B] Half-Life 2 (PC) Katamari Damacy (PS2) The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure (GameCube) [B] Best Visual Design[/B] Half-Life 2 (PC) Far Cry (PC) Katamari Damacy (PS2) [B]Best Audio Design [/B] Thief: Deadly Shadows (PC) Katamari Damacy (PS2) Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2) [B]Best Online Experience[/B] Halo 2 (Xbox) Monster Hunter (PS2) Final Fantasy XI (PS2/PC) [B]Best Developer[/B] Rockstar North The Creative Assembly Sony London [B]Best Publisher[/B] Nintendo Rockstar Ubisoft [B]Best Hardware[/B] Nintendo DS Gametrak Mawaru: Made in Wario (Game Boy Advance) So, what do you think of these then?[/size]
Semjaza Posted December 17, 2004 Posted December 17, 2004 I'm glad to see Katamari Damacy get a nod a few times... but these awards seem incredibly narrow, with only a few games even being mentioned at all. I know not as many games have come out in their territory, but it still is rather strange to ignore so many games and then mention Mawaru, which isn't even out there yet last I saw. Monster Hunter is awful, by the way.
Desbreko Posted December 17, 2004 Posted December 17, 2004 [color=#4B0082]I'm glad Zelda: Four Swords Adventures got recognized, at least. I think it's been really underrated, compared to some of the other big-name GCN titles. Personally, I like it more than The Wind Waker, which was hyped way more than FSA. Other than that, though, I haven't actually played any of the games on the list, so I can't really comment.[/color]
PWNED Posted December 18, 2004 Posted December 18, 2004 I would have to say I am very dissapointed by this because of the fact that Halo 2 or Half-Life 2 are the three Best game nominees when I feel that it should either be Burnout 3 ( Funnest racing game ever)or Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas although I have to agree on the nomination for the new Thief........ Excellent Sound Score on it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now