OtakuBoards

Stigmata [M-VL]

Annie

[color=red][size=1]Before I begin, I will let you know that I have looked this over and slapped myself. I didn't really explain anything the first time. So, I'm going to give this another shot.

[b]WARNING[/b]- This RPG will use harsh, but tactful, language. I basically don't want to see you use curse words just for the fun of it.

Ex. "F.uck! What the f.uck is going on here?! I was joking around, don't get a f.ucking bitchy attitude with me, you dickless asshole!"

That kind of tasteless use of words will [b]not[/b] be tolerated. It's a waste of my time to read. Show some vocabulary. The next thing this RPG is going to contain is strong violence. The majority of the violence is going to be self-inflicted on one character.

Note that I will once again use the chapter method. I will decide who posts and give a brief summary of what the chapter is going to be over. If you are up next and have not posted, I'll assume you didn't see it and PM you ^_^

One more and final piece of information: Any disrespect to the forum rules or other members [b]will not[/b] be tolerated. If you cause trouble, you'll be receiving a warning PM from me. If you do not adhere, I'll inform the moderators and you will be discontinued in the RPG [this also depends on the severity of the situation].[/color][/size]

[center]
[/center]

[size=1][b]"What are they, Father?"[/b] a young girl in a tattered, red coat peered across the table.

A long silence. They sat at a grungy table in a small restaurant. The rain pitterd and bled down the fogging glass. The littered streets of [b]Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania[/b] buzz of angry pedestrians and careless vehicles.

She looked at the priest, a cigarette in one hand. Her wrists wrapped tightly with gauze bandages and muslim cloth, patches of red stained the white fabric.

The priest lifted the bandages and gasps at the torn flesh. She flipped her hands palms down on the table, the same wounds were on the opposite side. He stared back in disbelief. His hands rubbed together vigorously, his nerves fraying in several directions.

[b]"The wounds are identical,"[/b] the priest breathed.

[b]"No s.hit, Sherlock. What I want to know is why this is happening to me, and what is going on with me?"[/b] the girl flicked her cigarette into a rusted ashtray.

[b]"You are experiencing Stigmata,"[/b] the priest shifted uncomfortably.

[b]"What is that?"[/b]

Beads of sweat rolled down his neck. The girl stared impatiently as she butted out her half-smoked cigarette. The priest then leaned over the table and whispered.

[b]"Stigmata are the wounds of Christ. They are brought about by spiritual stress."

"What? I don't understand any of this spiritual mumbo jumbo. Nor do I care, all I want is an answer as to why it's happening to me,"[/b] the girl sat back and sighed heavily.

[b]"That, I cannot answer right now. Please allow me to help you. There are five wounds, one of which you have already come to be victim of. If you do not allow me to help you, no one will,"[/b] the priest took her hands in his.

[b]"Will I die, Father?"[/b]

The rain pounds on the glass.[/size]

[center][u][font=impact][color=darkred][size=3]Stigmata[/size][/color][/center][/u][/font]

[color=darkslateblue][size=1]The story is about a girl named Frankie Paige. Her life is filled with sex, drugs, alcohol, and self-absorbance. A true Jezebel. [spoiler]One day, Frankie receives a package from her mother, who is a traveler. The package contains many trinkets, but only one trinket will change Frankie's life forever; a crucifix that is cursed by a dead priest. Ever since that morning, Frankie has been experiencing strange emotions and invisions unexplainable hallucinations.[/spoiler]

A priest by the name of Andrew Kiernan(my character) is assigned to investigate the supernatural phenomina. Hoping to find that it is just a crazed human, only to find that it is much more. His reports leak back to his Vatican and is ordered to rid the problem. A problem that Father Kiernan finds should be saved and solved. Little does he know [at this point in time] that with Frankie's behavior is a threat to the Catholic religion. This is a threat that the Cardinal is determined to thwart.

[b][u]Sign-Ups[/b][/u]

- Frankie Paige is the character that I absolutely have to have. Anyone can sign-up for this RPG as a friend of Frankie's or Andrew's, the Cardinal, a fellow priest who helps Kiernan out, et cetra. However, the Cardinal (and probably priests) will appear every once in a while. If you still want to play the Cardinal, I'll PM you when the time comes for you to post.

[b]Name-
Age- (Frankie's at least 21)
Gender-
Appearance-
Personality-
Occupation-[/b] (The priests can have an occupation. IE., scientist, translator, librarian, etc.)
[b]Bio-[/b] (If you choose to be the girl, tell me why she does not believe in God.)

If this version still doesn't sound like it explains anything, please PM me..especially if you are interested in signing-up.[/size][/color]

[B]Frankie[/B]

[Color=DarkBlue][size=1]Name-Frankie Paige

Age- 27

Gender-Female

Appearance- See Attachment.

Personality- Frankie is a girl of the party. She loves to be around large groups of people, and also to socialize. She always finds out about the big parties and usually crashes them successfully.

She is also a woman of the one-night-stands. She has gone through so many men, if you asked her, she couldn't name even one. She feels that if "You can have most men, why stick with one?".

Most people who know her personally, know that she also is motivated by pleasure. She only takes stories that give her the upper edge on everyone else. From writing about the underworld, to world politics, if it will help further her outstanding image, she goes for it.

Occupation- Freelancer Journalist

Bio- Frankie was born into a normal enough of a family. Her dad was a lawyer, and her mother an investigative journalist for the New York Times. That put her out in the field alot, but she always found time for her family. Whether it was taking a break from the story, or not excepting one.

Frankie was always an obident girl. She went to school, got good grades, kept a tight group of good friends, and kept her love life to a minimum. She never had problems with depression, or stress. To her friends, she was like Super Girl.

It's too bad they couldn't read deeper into her. They would have seen that everything was driven by hate. Her hatred for the Church.

Ever since she was two, her parents took her to Church every Sunday. There, she would sit and occupy herself with toys or a book. It wasn't until she started Sunday School that anything began to form.

Her first day, she walked in with a pretty pink dress and a matching pink hat. As she sat down at the desk, the teacher walked in. She was dressed in a high collared blue dress, and as soon as she sat down, the horror began.

When she opened her mouth, it seemed that only hate was pouring from her. She preached on things such as the evils of eating too much, or waering pink. She didn't catch Frankie until the end of class. When she spotted her, she snatched her hand, and smacked it with a ruler. She threatened her to never wear that color again, or else.

Frankie was so terrified by the whole ordeal, that she refused to continue going. It wasn't until she became older, that she realized she could do something about it. She had decided to become a journalist and expose the Church for the phonies they were.

As the years past, she began to forget about it, but the wounds were still there. After she graduated, the event had been totally wiped from her head. She went onto to graduate with a degree in Journalism.

She then went to work at the Times like her mother. Unluckily for her, wehn she did her first story, they kciked her out. They said that it wasn't acurate, and she had let her opinions overtake her thoughts.

She quickly began to realize, that by writing a simple article on one of the many Priests that raped little boys would spread a wildfire. If she exposed all of them, she could become famous.

A simple wrench was thrown in her plan. She became hooked on the night life. He friend convinced her to go to a party being held by a famous corperation, and she was instantly hooked.

She went on to spend the next two years working on and off, and partying. She forgot about everything, and only lived for the moment.

It wasn't until that package arrived from her mother did everything change.

When Frankie had returned from one her many nights out, she found a package on her mat. It was addressed to her, with no return address.

She took it inside and opened it. Inside were three things. A pair of golden hoops, a crucifix, and a small jewlery box that was shaped like a circle.

She opened the jewlery box first, only to find a note from her mother.

It went like this.

[I]Dear Frankie,

I'm sorry I couldn't talk to you over the phone. It just seemed like calling you wouldn't do the justice. I guess, that the years are getting to me, but it just wasn't right for us to fall completely out of touch. I've sent you some of mine and Granny's things. I hope you enjoy them.

Mom[/I]

Frankie fingered the crucifix. It began to bring back memories, but she wore it anyway. She also put the earings on, and looked at herself in the mirror. There, she saw a figure that looked oddly like her. The figure was crying tears of blood, and blood was also pouring from her head. Frankie shut her eyes quickly and looked again. There was her with the earings and the cruicfix, minus the blood.

She dismmised it as a trick, and went on her merry way. Sadly, that didn't work.

The next night, Frankie went out to party, and possible pick up a guy. When she got there, she began to get angry. It was like someone had pushed her too far. She walked up to the nearest guy and kicked him hard in the crotch. As he bowled over, she quickly walked out.

The next night, she tried again. This time, she ate so much, she threw up. Once again, she left in disgrace. It was getting annoying now.

She tried one more time. This time, she seemed fine. She didnt' eat too much or stop guys from having babies. As the patry winded down, Frankie began to flirty. By the time the night was over, Frankie was ready go home with more than six guys. It was record breaker for her.

The next day, when Frankie woke up, she felt a sharp pain on her arm. When she finally got out of bed, she noticed that the sheets were stained red. She looked at her arm, and screamed. There, it looked like someone had torn her flesh with a nail. She tried not pass out, and went for the bathroom. She pacthed herself up and left.

She decided against going to the ER, and instead, just goes home. She decided that her mother could help. She gave her a ring, and to her surprise, her mother knew what it was. She told her about the many saints that had them. She told Frankie to seek out a priest and hung up.

She did just that.[/size][/color]

OOC: I hope everything is OK. Just AIM me at Darncoolguy1 if you have any problems.

[size=1][color=#696969][B]Name:[/B] Frankie Paige

[B]Age:[/B] 24

[B]Gender:[/B] Female

[B]Appearance:[/B] See attachment below

[B]Personality:[/B] Calm and collected, Frankie lets no one see her true side. She is neither an asocial goth or a perky party girl. She is just seen as the girl who knows who she is and what she wants. She's blunt and straight-forward, never holding back anything that anyone should know about. She is not a material girl or a high maintenance girl, nor is she just a girl, which is something she hates being referred to as.

Frankie can be a total b.itch, not to mention a dare-devil, a fighter, and an aggressive person. She can also be kind-hearted and understanding, but no matter what, she'll never change who she is, not even if you tell her she was dying and what not.

[B]Occupation:[/B] Bartender, Co-Owner of club, Thief, Street Race...basically Frankie doesn't have one job. She has multiple careers, which makes her a deadly ally or enemy, depending on how she sees you.

[B]Bio:[/B] There was not a lot to say about her past. If anything, Frankie ran away from it. She wanted nothing to do with her drug addict of a mother or her abusive father. There was no one there to help her and there was no one there to lean on. There was just no one.

Bio will be fixed, possibly tomorrow.[/size][/color]

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1][B]Name:[/B] Katherine "Kitty" Angelique
[B]Age:[/B] 25
[B]Gender:[/B] Female
[B]Appearance:[/B] See attachment. Except her hair is long and dark brown instead of short and pink.

[B]Personality:[/B] Katherine is never worried about what can go wrong. Whether she's driving drunk, or jumping off her roof into her pool, she doesn't seem to see the down side. She's always warned. Of course, who wouldn't try to talk her out of it? She just won't listen. She enjoys messing around, flirting, and being wild all together. Pissing people off is one of her favorite things to do, as well. She's very much thought of as the "party girl".

Many think she'd do anything to impress others, but really, she just wants to entertain herself.

She's never believed in God, either. That's probably why she's such close friends with Frankie. The two of them always rant and joke about the stupidity of religious extremists. But recently, Frankie seems to have drifted from the subject. Though that doesn't stop Katherine from trashing it.

[B]Occupation:[/B] She works as a librarian during the day on weekdays, and is a pole dancer at a bar on Wednesday nights.

[B]Bio:[/B] Katherine grew up in a peaceful household. Her mother was a housewife and stayed home, and her step father was a doctor for the local hospital. She lived with her older brother until he went to college, and she's dealt with her younger twin sisters since she entered high school and until she left for college, too (they're both four).

Her older brother and her got arrested a few times for shoplifting and tagging when she was 12, but nothing very serious. They never met their father, though. He was arrested a long time ago for more serious charges, most of which their mother refuses to tell them to this day.

Katherine never got too close to her step-dad. He didn't really care for her either. He spent most of his time at home with the twins, who are actually his daughters by blood. She calls them both, "Mikey", since one is named Michelle and the other Mickey. Her mother booted her out of the house once she turned 18. She was living with her boyfriend at the time until she got accepted into college.

That's where she met Frankie. The two of them grew real close, real fast. There were very well known, throughout the school campus. Frankie didn't go with Katherine to her parties, though. She was a very responsible type of girl. Katherine, always considerate of her friends, left it at that, and didn't push her anymore.

Katherine, in her junior year, went to a party, and woke up the next day pregnant. Of course, her being her, didn't really care enough to check. But the boy insisted that she check. A week later, she finally checked, and found out that she was, in fact, harboring a child. Disgusted, she skipped classes for a bit, and went to get an abortion.

She didn't tell anyone, except for Frankie. She lied to the boy who would have been the father, telling him that she never was pregnant, and didn't mention going to the Abortion Clinic. She was hounded by Catholic extremists at school, who had, in fact, seen her there during one of their protests. She never liked any of the religions, but this just made her hate the Church more.

She graduated with a major in English. She took a job at a local library, found a boyfriend, and bought a small apartment near the library she worked at. Her life was going fine. And she also lived near Frankie, who was just across town. When she found out about Frankie's job, and she went to visit, she heard of a party. She insisted that Frankie come, and wouldn't back down this time. After going that night, the two of them never missed a party.

But recently, Frankie has missed a few parties, or left early. Katherine never forced her to stay, or asked her why, but she has been wondering what has been going on. She called a few nights ago, but no one was there. She shook it off and spent the night with her boyfriend. (And she had plenty of pregnancy tests ready for the next morning.)
[center]~~~[/center]

I hope that (whoever is playing Frankie) doesn't mind if Katherine's their buddy. ^_~[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=indigo][size=1]I failed to mention in my introductory post, anyone can sign up for Frankie. Since she's the main character I'm looking for. I'm glad Kitty signed-up for a friend. I would love to see a couple of people be friends with Frankie and maybe one person to be a sidekick to Father Kiernan.

So, anyone can sign-up for Frankie. Just to let you know, I'll be picky with her.[/color][/size]

[size=1][b]Name-[/b] Jonathan Ames
[b]Age-[/b] 45
[b]Gender-[/b] Male.
[b]Appearance[/b]- .:See Attachment:.
Jonathan generally wears worn, dark clothing, most of which is left over from his travelling days. He seems to have a perpetual beard, and seems to never touch his hair. His overall appearance is rather unkempt, and he much prefers it that way. He always wears an old dark cowbot hat, which he only removes to play the organ, or when he's in the presence of Father Kiernan.
[b]Personality-[/b] Silent to the congregation of the church and the other priests, Father Kiernan is the only person he ever really speaks to. It's rare to see John crack a smile, and equally as hard to see him surprised by something. The quiet caretaker of the church, Jonathan is looked on with contempt by a few, but truly loves the church, and is fiercly loyal to his deep gratitude and friendship with Father Kiernan. Though he seems to have less faith in God than one would expect for a man with his job, Jonathan has occasionally been seen privately fingering the cross locket he always wears, eyes closed, as if in deep thought. Whether or not his thoughts are directed at God or someone else is yet unknown. He is never asked of his past, and never speaks of it.
[b]Occupation-[/b] Organist, custodian, technician.
[b]Bio-[/b] Jonathan Ames met Andrew Kiernan nearly ten years. Kiernan cautiously opened the doors of the church during a fierce storm after hearing incessant knocking and the repeated cry of "God, help me!". As rain swept into the building through the entryway, Jonathan collapsed, nearly unconcious on the steps. His breath reeked of alcohol, and his eyes were swollen from tears. As Andrew helped him to his feet, he was startled to see blood on Jonathan's hands. Blood that was not his own. Lowering him to a relief bed, Kiernan started to the phone to call the police. John's hand suddenly shot out and grabbed the priest's own. Fumbling under his shirt, Ames drew out a square, silver locket with a gold cross engraved in the center. Pressing a hidden latch, the locket opened to reveal the yellowed picture of a beautiful, black-haired woman. John pleaded with Kiernan not to turn him in, not to let anyone know he was there. Before the stunned priest could reply, Ames slipped into unconciousness.

Kiernan kept Ames in his back room, and slowly nursed him back to health. John never questioned why the priest was helping him, and the priest never asked Jonathan why he had appeared at his doorstep. An unspoken trust had formed between them. One day, to Kiernan's surprise, he arrived at the church to find Ames up, sweeping the floor. When asked why, Jonathan said it was the least he could do to repay his debt. To this day John has spent every minute silently repaying that month, though Kiernan has long since given him permission to leave. Jonathan refuses to go, however, and when asked why, will only reply he still has work left to do. He will do anything to help Kiernan, will never question why, and will never ask of anything in return.

[b]NOTES[/b] - Seeing as my character acts as a supporter of Kiernan, I suppose he should only show up when Kiernan has need of him. Also, for people that feel the need to mod him in a post:

- The only person he shows respect is Kiernan. He always takes his hat off when speaking with him. He only refers to him as "Father Kiernan".
- The only person that has permission to call him "John" is Kiernan. To everyone else he's either Jonathan or Mr. Ames.[/size]

[color=navy][size=2][u]Name[/u]: Everett Everglade[/size][/color]
[color=navy][size=2][u]Age[/u]: 24[/size][/color]
[size=2][color=navy][u]Appearance[/u]: [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21961[/img][/color][/size]
[size=2][color=navy][u]Personality[/u]: Everett is very opinionated and confidant. Some say he's arrogant, but he says only slightly superior. Though his knowledge gets in the way, Everett has a very underlying sweetness to him that only Frankie seems to bring out in him.[/color][/size]
[color=navy][size=2][u]Occupation[/u]: Journalist.[/size][/color]
[color=navy][size=2][u]Biography[/u]: [/size]
[size=2]I was brought up in Albany, New York. And my story isn't one of those oh-so-sappy biographies where the mother is a whore and the father is a drunk, and me, the son, is phsyically, mentally, and sexually abused. No, I led a very normal childhood. My mother Lauren is an interior decorator and has been for as long as I can remember. My father is a lawyer in uptown New York, and as you can well imagine, he works a lot. But in my childhood, he always made up for it.[/size]

[size=2]Since I was old enough to hold a pencil, I was writing, scribbling, whatever I could do to get something printed on paper. I guess you could say that's where my future career would begin. In middle school, I wrote for the school newspaper, and quickly became the most popular writer in my class. In high school, I easily became editor of their newspaper.[/size]

[size=2]In the middle of my high school career, I fell in love with a girl. I'll tell you, girls are very ******* complicated. We hit it off right away, though. The hell didn't come until the near end. She wanted to have sex, but I didn't; I knew what would probably happen, and I had my career to look forward to. When I told her no, she stormed out of my life. Then she ruined my life. [/size]

[size=2]To get revenge on me, she told everyone that I had raped her. We went to court, obviously, and because she had no substantial evidence against me, I was let off. A lot of people were on my side, but there were some who weren't, and that's what ruined me.[/size]

[size=2]I was glad when the time came to head off to New York University. I could finally get away from the nightmare of my past and the skanks who hung out around my school. At NYU, I was greatly liked by all my professors. I majored in journalism and minored in public relations. One teacher, Rowena Harris, always put me into the spotlight. She said I had "talent," and boy, did she ever know.[/size]

[size=2]In my second year, Rowena and I began a student-teacher affair. True, I probably wasn't ready for sex, but hey, if I got her pregnant, at least I was old enough to raise a child. But, thankfully, the sex stopped before that came into play and we never saw nor talked to each other again after I graduated (top in my class, heh).[/size]

[size=2]Now I've moved to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and that's where I've met Frankie Paige. There's something about that girl that makes me want to drop my life and spend it all with her. But, of course I can't. I have things to do, and stories to write.[/size]

[/color][color=darkslateblue][color=#000000][/color]
[/color]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]Name:[/B] Jonathan Wallace
[B]Age:[/B] 23
[B]Appearence:[/B][IMG]http://www.saiyuki.com/sanzo2/11.jpg[/IMG]

[B]Personality:[/B] Jonathan comes off as a saracastic prick to people he doesn't like and who don't get that fact. To other people that he can tolorate he comes off as a down to earth person with a short temper. Around Andrew he's still a kid to him with a short fuse for a temper.

[B]Occupation:[/B] Police officer.

[B]Biography:[/B] Jonathan grew up knowing Andrew from childhood. The then young priest seemed to be like the older brother to Jonathan. Of course Andrew was always trying to keep Jonathan out of trouble and it worked until Jonathan was in high school.

When he was in high school Jonathan was a real jerk towards the people he didn't like. He didn't even blink when he looked a person in the face and said, "You know, you're a real ***hole." This was even said to some of his teachers and that got him into major trouble with the principle. Finally one day Jonathan went too far and punched his basketball coach in the face for saying that he was a screwup and always looked like he was high. Though the coach was fired for what he said to Jonathan, Jonathan recieved a week's suspension and was almost expelled for his behavior. Had it not have been for Andrew and some quick talking Jonathan would have been expelled.

After high school Jonathan went to a community college and then to regular college but decided that he liked being a cop and joined the force a few months ago. Now he's back in town and has decided to look up his old friend.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=indigo]Keep them coming, people. [b]Please remember to keep constructive and thoughtful writing.[/b] I would like to see this story go up within a week. If you want to sign-up, do so now. I will not be letting in people after I close the sign-up. Period.[/size][/color]

Name- Dragus Loader
Age- 32
Gender-Male
Appearance-click [URL=http://www.square-central.com/ff7/vincent.shtml]here[/URL] with six guns strapped on him (Two uzis on legs two on the side and two hidden on in his cape.
Personality-Dragus is a quiet guy who seems angsty at times
Occupation- Bodyguard
Bio- Dragus works as a bodyguard of various powerful (Rich) people and Dragus is being paid to protect the Priest Andrew Kiernan during his mission. Dragus keeps three handguns, two uzis and a tranquilizer gun on him. Dragus uses whichever gun is necessary but he prefers to use the tranquilizer but is known two use his other guns as well. Dragus is an excellent marksman since he practices everyday and tries to keep enough ammo to keep him in a gunfight for a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]Don't mean to be spammy (or rude), but did you get enough sign-ups for this to start? Or are you having a hard time choosing a Frankie?

Orr.... Did you just not feel like starting it, lol?

And I don't mean to get on your case if you feel depressed or have decided not to start this anyway. Just wondering. :3[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=darkslategray]I'm sorry to not have posted this sooner, but I've been juggling the decision. I've come to the conclusion, though everyone's sign-up was good, that I am not happy with this.

So, I 'm going to say that I'm terribly sorry for delaying this message, and that I'm not starting this RP.

-Thank you, and sorry[/color][/size]