OtakuBoards

Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles

eleanor

I haven't seen episode 7 yet... I'll probably get to it sometime tomorrow. I'm kind of wavering on this show now; it significantly slowed down after the first two episodes, and the art seems to have taken a dive as well. The issue isn't the animation--it's just that the character designs often look quite cheap. I guess the lack of detail kind of contributes to that, but in many scenes it comes across as being a low-budget production when chances are that it really isn't.

Anyway, I hope future arcs are more interesting/suspenseful than the first one. I saw the resolution of episode 6 coming from miles away.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Dagger]I haven't seen episode 7 yet... I'll probably get to it sometime tomorrow. I'm kind of wavering on this show now; it significantly slowed down after the first two episodes, and the art seems to have taken a dive as well. The issue isn't the animation--it's just that the character designs often look quite cheap. I guess the lack of detail kind of contributes to that, but in many scenes it comes across as being a low-budget production when chances are that it really isn't.

Anyway, I hope future arcs are more interesting/suspenseful than the first one. I saw the resolution of episode 6 coming from miles away.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

Wow, I'm glad to know it isn't just me XD; I thought maybe I was the only one who thought it seemed kind of cheap looking. The anime seems horribly boring and plain next to the manga... which I guess is understandable, but still... It's really sad T_T cause I was all excited about it at first.

Here's hoping it gets better as it goes on.

• 2 months later...
Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen
ive heard that clamp is really awesome.the only manga ive read of their's is cardcaptor sakura but if u say they're so cool ill try to read some more manga by clamp

[QUOTE] ive heard that clamp is really awesome.the only manga ive read of his is cardcaptor sakura but if u say hes so cool ill try to read some more manga by clamp [/QUOTE]

Actually Clamp is a group of women ^^ They started out 15 years ago as doujinshi artists and worked their way up. Tsubasa is one of their newest titles.

I've seen the anime and while I like it, I don't enjoy it as much as the manga. It may have to do with the art style actually. The art, while really neat in the manga as a still panel, looks a bit odd when in motion. Plus it feels like it drags more than the manga. Still I like it, just not a lot.

I've read pretty far in the manga and I've seen the first two anime episodes and I have to say that this series is in my top 5, no doubt. I love CLAMP and Tsubasa is one of thier best I think! It has action, romance and an intriguing and amazing plot.

The new characters this series introduces are awesome and it brings back two of my favoirte characters (Syaoran and Sakura) under new circumstances. Also look for cameos by tons of other CLAMP characters. They are all drawn in the new style Tsubasa is drawn in and their live in situations which fit the story, but deep down they are still the same awesome characters they always were. I can't wait for the next volume!

Alhough i havent been able to read the manga verson of Tubasa Chronicle, i have seen all of the anime episodes for it and i have to admit that it is pretty awesome. the characters are well done, and some of the music reminded me of some of the amine from the .hack series. it is one of my ongoing favorite animes so far and i cant wait to see more of it

[quote name='sand dragon 19']Alhough i havent been able to read the manga verson of Tubasa Chronicle, i have seen all of the anime episodes for it and i have to admit that it is pretty awesome. the characters are well done, and some of the music reminded me of some of the amine from the .hack series. it is one of my ongoing favorite animes so far and i cant wait to see more of it[/quote]

That would be because Yuki Kajiura, the same lady who did the .Hack music, did some of the Tsubasa music :)

Oh no wonder the music sounded so similar. when i first watched the first episode, I was watching .Hack so at first i though it was the T.V playing the music. Until it went to the comercial i realized that it was that. Now i finally know why i still like this anime so much since i love that music that she plays

I didn't read the manga but only watched the anime. I often think of it myself as well, what would happen if i were to live in a different age,country, universe etc. If I were to meet A guy, B girl under different conditions...That's why the story is really capturing and very good in terms of "meeting old friends under new settings".
I like clamp in general so most of the characters i watched/read and liked show their faces under different and most of the time very interesting plots. And the musics used during the episodes are so lovely, i easily listen to them over and over again (by the way same goes for .hack as well :) )
Yet, the stories evolve too slowly somehow, sometimes i find myself getting bored and in need of some action. In this sense the addition of kurogane and fye characters in the plot was a very good choice and yet even with them sometimes it feels as if it is not enough. But it did not prevent me watching all the episodes :)

I'm currently in the process of watching this anime. I must admit, I am IN LOVE with Syaoran even from the CCS Series (which I watched on a steady diet and now own). I really enjoy CLAMP's work, and this is no exception. I did read the first manga, but I more enjoy the series, because sometimes my eyes can't adjust to all the art in manga. It must just be me, but my eyes get crossy.

It does move a little slowly, but you have to take the context of the story - it is somewhat of a "soft" story, and I like that it moves slowly. I love to see the romance between Sakura and Syaoran evolving, and I like Syaoran's bravado in this series. I also like Fay/Fye (pick whichever you think is right =P). Kurogane makes me laugh and he's growing on me.

Must... get... Mokona.... plushie!

I'm probably going to get a Mokona plushie from Sakura-con next year ;)

I love watching the begining and seeing Fai (There are so many spellings of it @_@) fight those ninja peoples in the begining, with that smile plastered on his face. I find it eternally amusing :D

[quote name='MommySkullFish'] I love to see the romance between Sakura and Syaoran evolving, and I like Syaoran's bravado in this series.[/quote]
i must admit that during ccs i felt as if most of the time syaoran was something like an annoying mr. know-it-all type of little brother, but in tchronicles watching a really considerate, brave and mature syaoran feels quite good. I love to watch the series when i see that characters really learn and evolve.

[quote name='gwynva']i must admit that during ccs i felt as if most of the time syaoran was something like an annoying mr. know-it-all type of little brother[/quote]
I agree for the first half of the series, but I can see in the second half of CCS, he was just acting that way on purpose so that Sakura wouldn't "notice" that he liked her. We were always screaming at the screen "Jeez, just say it already!". Sakura and Syaoran both have a problem with that, saying what's on their mind, and they still both do in Tsubasa. Sakura's little "I..... I.... I.... I'll tell you later" bit makes me want to shake her sometimes, LOL.

• 5 months later...
I watched the 20 first episodes of the first anime season, but never got around watching the last 6. ^^ I found the series to be really good, especially after a few episodes of it.

I loved the side appearances of characters from other CLAMP stories, it's just so much fun to pick them out! x3 My favourite character is Fye/Fai, although I wonder if there's any girl who doesn't like him! XD My favourite pairings is Fye x Kurogane.

• 8 months later...
Since you watched all the episodes for Tsubasa, do you know when the movie comes into it time-wise? I have watched the first season and I have the second season and the movie (as well as the xxxholic movie) to watch, but I don't want to spoil it for myself. Any help would be appreciated...

Man i was pissed at the end of Tsubasa. It just ended in the middle of the story and that meant im gonna have to wait till the next season. I can't wait to see the next episodes. ive also been reading the manga along with it. Those anyone know when the second season starts or if it has started already

I've primarily been reading the manga of this. Mainly because I'm waiting for a friend to download season 2. However I did see all of season 1 before starting on the manga so I was able to pick the differences (though few) quite easily. I can't wait to see how the anime shows it for season 2. I mean the manga (or scanlations I'm reading) have just reached one of my favourite clamp worlds.

[FONT=Tahoma]Has Tsubasa been licensed? Because if it [I]has [/I]I'll have to suck it up and wait until I can buy it. [strike][B]If not[/B], does anyone know a group that subs the anime? The one I followed dropped it due to lack of something or another.[/strike] Found another group who subs it and so long as it's not licensed I shall continue to download :catgirl:

It'll be really nice to be able to see it to the end, instead of being stuck in limbo and grumbling at how it sometimes lag terribly in progress while dying to get to know more of what's going on behind the scenes. Especially since my knowledge on the whole universe is limited to seeing snippets of CCS.[/FONT]

Oooo... I like this show.

I just started watching Tsubasa Chronicle recently. I think I've seen 5 episodes. I really like it sofar... Tee hee. I really like Kurogane. :D He's my fave character. The story is really interesting and I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the series. I haven't read any of the mangas. I'm not much of a manga reader.

I DO know for sure that there are episodes from the 2nd season ON THE NET. I can't say I know for sure whether this series is lisenced or not, though. I guess it's just a question of what you feel comfortable with downloading... There ARE episodes from the 2nd season available though.