OtakuBoards

Cowboy Bebop: Project COWBOY [M-LSV]

Angelus_Necare

[color=darkred][size=1]Here's a Cowboy Bebop RPG I've been working on. Feedback would be nice. I was aiming for clever, but may have come off as cheesy :p.[/color]

=========================

+=System BOOT=+

Date: September 23, 2099

8:50 AM

Good Morning|| The schedueled weather today for :Little Tokyo/COL:MARS: is cloudy with scattered showers about the area|| Collony temperature will maintain 75ºF 23ºC untill later this evening|| Don't forget to carry your umbrella!||

//run_account.invoice+++

Good Morning, Welcome to the Mars First National Bank||

Please enter your passcode||

Please wait...||

Your current ballance is 00.00 Woolongs||

Would you like to make another transaction?||

-No.

The Mars First National Bank thanks you|| Please have a nice day||

//end_account.invoice+++

//run_OBH.mail+++

Good morning.

You have -1- new message.

//run_open.message+++

Sender: [email]CaptEmerson@ISSP.mail[/email]
To: forward: OBH.network

Sub: Bounty Hunter Inquisition||

This message shall be adressed to all hunters within the Outter Bounty Hunter (OBH) Network,

Within recent months the crime rate of the inner solar reigion has risen tenfold, leaving the Inter Solar Systems Police force shorthanded and in need of extra force|| To counter this the ISSP has developed a new branch off of the Bounty collection agency that will employ and reward active bounty hunters based on their skills as a hunter|| The branch will opperate under the name Project COWBOY, which is still a name under debate||

The ISSP bounty collection offices are offering members of the OBH choice positions on Project COWBOY, and giving chosen candidates full royalties including but not limited to:

>>Twice the listed amount of any bounty brought in by an agent of the COWBOY division||

>>Space cruisers provided by the ISSP repossesion department||

>>Full insurance on any zip ships or space cruisers one may own||

>>Weekly pay of 500 Woolongs or higher depending upon consistancy of the hunter||

The ISSP looks forward to all replies from the OBH community and asks that those who are interested will use the attached document to re-submit to the COWBOY admittance comittee|| Those accepted will receive a confirmation as soon as someone can reveiw it|| Thank you for your time||

//open_attachment+++

The following is a mandatory form for those who wish to apply for Project COWBOY|| Please enter all information truthfully and to the best of your knowledge|| Feilds marked with a (*) must be answered||

>*Name: -Please enter your full name

>*Age: -We ask that no one under thirteen apply

>*D.O.B: -Date of Birth

>*Gender: -Male -Female

>Ethnic Background: -Caucasian -African American -Hispanic -Asian -Native American -Other

>Eye Color:

>Hair Color:

>Height:

>Location: Please list the name of the collony and planet. If not living on a collony please enter the last location you have lived.

>Occupation: If you hold a part time job, please list

>*Years of experience: How many years have you been bounty hunting

>*Registered Weapons: Please list the weapons you are lisenced to use and aquire

>Training: Do you have any previous training or special skills that we should know of

>Registered Ships: Do you own any zip crafts or space cruisers

>*Do you have a past criminal record: -Yes -No

>>In fifty words or less, please describe what you have been doing for the past few years:

//attachment_send+++[/size]

===================
[color=darkred][size=1]That's about it, let me know if I forgot anything. I think the actual signup will contain a bit more information.[/color][/size]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=darkorchid]Well you might want to add a little bit more info on this rpg, for those who haven't seen the series. But besides that, it's really a good idea.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=darkorchid]I especially like it how you added the sign up into the story itself. That was a good idea, and you pulled it off well. This is just and idea, but maybe you should add an original major villian lurking in the shadows?[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#9932cc][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#9932cc][b]EDIT: PM, me Angelus, because i have an idea for a Cowboy Bebop rp that i never started.[/b][/color][/size][/font]

[size=1][color=darkslategray]Hmm, I love how it started out..but I would like to know what exactly you plan to do with this RP. What's the motive? IF you did mention something, I probably didn't catch it. Expand on this, add more detail. I would love to see a Bebop RP. I was actaully thinking today with starting one.[/size][/color]

[size=1][color=darkred]Heh, well I re-read what I posted above and realized I left it a bit vauge...Let's see what I can do about that...

The plot I arranged for this RPG is somewhat different from other Cowboy Bebop-based Rps that I've watched or participated in on the OB, as it will use a chapter system and be divided by two volumes of play.

The first Volume or motive that I would like the players to be concerned with in the beginning would be catching bounty heads through a series of "episodes". The episodes would be seperated by the chapter system, where each chapter would feature a different bounty or goal for the players to acheive. All the while the chapter will play an underlying Bebop theme.

For example, The first chapter will place the players into a free space cruiser provided by the Project COWBOY's craft devision. Yet they will come to find that this "free cruiser" is actually an old fishing boat that was sold to the ISSP that was once lovingly called "The Bebop".

Other chapters will feature specific players, allowing them to go into their own backstories, and reveal to other characters as much as they please about themselves.

Once eveyone was comfortable with the level of play and characters were fully introduced, Volume two of pay would begin. The story will change to involve a controversy upon Project COWBOY that would include the climax and decline of the story as a whole (I'd say more about the second volume, but it would ruin the plot). The players in this stage would then have to rebel against those who employ them to take down a corrupt system.

I feel that the success of this RPG would rely on how well the players would react to any given chapter or situation. It calls for a lot of creativity and freedom on the player's part that would either soar or flop with some people. From what I've seen on the boards, Roleplayers like to be told specifically what to do in a situation rather than think for themselves.

This is all still planning, and it can be changed depending on what people would like to or not like to see.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=darkslategray][b]The chapter system[/b] is a great way to help regulate the flow of an RP. It's good to see that you wish to take on this system. From the RPs that I've seen use this system, most of them survived. My first attempt flopped only because I had to leave, and was gone way to long to bring it back from where it had stopped.

The chapter system is a great idea. I like how you set it up, and I'm excited to see how well it works out. Older RPers, the more serious ones, like using this way of writing because we strive for consistancy and organization throughout an RP. It gives the story backbone and a steady foot, something you don't really find with RPs that don't use the chapter system. It's also a really good way for newer RPers to get into a good habit of writing. It helps guide them so they don't get out of control with an outrageous idea to put a twist into the story.

So once again, I am excited to see how well this story goes.[/size][/color]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1] Wow and I thought everyone was forgetting about cowboy bebop now. Guess I was wrong. I like this idea, and you did the beginning in a cute way although it needs alot of work. I suggest what Annie mentioned is add in a main villan we're suppose to track down, someone that is our main goal. I want to start a faye-like character :) since shes one of my idols *cackles* Muhahaha This will be great. Good Job! Keep me posted on any updates to it. [/FONT][/SIZE]